Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v3.4 is released!

Yes I know man, but there is no mash all I want is the mash

Also i have plenty of mashtents! So Depbo the mission then open it in editor then place your heavily needed mash then pbo it again and ya good to go! Dave

No idea what version you're playing then Shinji. The one uploaded has definitely 2 MASH tents, one at each FOB in amongst the building supplies.

ok , I will try Dave's method thank you very much

and BTW I loooove your signature!

hello guys ... what object is the mash ... and what code do I need?

thanks

Shinji, been trying to figure out how to load that MASH and it's almost like the R3F stuff isn't working at all. I get no ACE nor Action Menu options for any of those construction things.

So what are you saying? The mission is FUBAR!?

please tell me there is a work around, I could work with the medivac respawn or Somthing like that coz even my base respawn is fucked now since I moved ze base to another grid.

Please guys I'm dying here!

I think you may be getting somewhat confused. I'm not sure how you think respawn is supposed to work, but this mission uses the basic vanilla method - you respawn at a fixed marker labelled Respawn_West. Move that in the editor to wherever you want your respawn point to be and you're fine. Neither MASH tents nor any other type of tent have anything whatsoever to do with respawn at all, ever.

R3F logistics won't work in this mission because it's not enabled. For ACE logistics, you must either lift it with a helicopter (you'll need a sling rope from the appropriate box) or load it into a suitable transport box using the ACE interaction menu and then load that into a tranport vehicle.

If you prefer R3F Logistics, you can re-enable it by uncommenting Line 13 in ..\support\modules\modules.hpp

So respawning is only to where the respawn_west marker is. Is there no way to make that marker attached to a vehicule?

The User manual needs to be updated than since it says specifically

Approach a vehicle and a selection of actions in yellow should activate, allowing you to carry, tow, lift, store and view contents per vehicle.
which is the R3F transport system. There's also multiple references to 'bring the MASH with you on a patrol' and 'The off road vehicles and Jackals are used to transport objects' which doesn't really mesh with 'you need to sling load the MASH with a helo'.

Very confusing. :)

Ok I have done extensive tests 3 hours of testing every single mission 3.42 and I confirm to you that respawning is bugged. I spawn at grid 999999 whenever I die. Wherever I put the marker. Whatever the side the unit or the weapons.... Yes I checked even without weapons to see if it would be a gear restoring bug.

So please fix that version as the parameters and such are far better than 3.4

Thank you.

@Shinji, sounds like there's a respawning script running which isn't working properly. This is mission editing territory though and nothing to do with the MSO framework. If you want to learn more there are many good resource such as the ones listed here. There will be a new MSO released soon, and if I find the time I may look to fixing up a few missions for you guys.

@Kylania, you're correct, MSO (and therefore the user manual) was written for vanilla ArmA2 (non ACE). The ACE version was only put together by popular demand at a later stage and so isn't covered in the manual.

You're in luck, Wolffy released the updated 3.42 this morning. I've fixed the vanilla Takistan version so the respawn works properly (it was an error with the map marker names as I suspected). Please note the version listed in Dev-hev files still has a few errors, see the link below for the working one (Wolffy will no doubt update the files tomorrow).

I've also added a respawn 'sign in' at each Base HQ plus there's an MHQ that you can deploy and sign in to. Look for the Stryker vehicles, press Deploy, wait 5 minutes and it'll turn into a fixed HQ where you can sign in, moving your spawn point to that location. Thanks to WobbleyheadedBob aka CptNoPants for that module.

This version has R3F Logistics enabled.

The User and Mission Editors Manuals have both been updated - get them from Dev-Hev

You can dl the updated Takistan mission from the ticket on DH here.

Note that this is NOT an ACE version although you can quite happily play it with ACE enabled - the only things lacking are the ACE medic modules and a few ACE ammo crates/vehicles. Feel free to depbo and change as you wish.

This is not an official announcement, I am merely a fan of MSO, not its creator. You have Wolffy, Rye, Tupolov and many other contributors to thanks for that.

Thanks Friznit!

Ping me a PM where I can find the outstanding bugs (are they logged in DH?).

Thanks Friznit!

Ping me a PM where I can find the outstanding bugs (are they logged in DH?).

Of course! The ticket has a fixed version for you to upload.

I have already said thanks in dev heaven ... but here it is in here as well ... and I would print it on the moon if I could

THANK YOU!!!

I fixed an error with WHB FOB Spawn, whereby the respawn position was [0,0,0] if you got the markers wrong. It now defaults to your starting location if there is an error. Will push to GIT in the next few days.

@friznit2

Any chance you can share exaktly what you changed so we missionmakers can edit the problem?

I tried your takistan map and it worked, however we are tired of desert and want to play on Chernarus...

But i cannot get it to work...

even made a fresh map but it got the same problem....

Fix your respawn markers by making sure the names in the editor match the names in ..\support\modules\WHB_FOBspawn\common\init_Client_DefaultSpawnLocations.sqf @ Line 13. Also, check the faction name is correct as the script sets the respawn point to the a map marker dependent on what faction you are playing.

So for example

case "BIS_BAF":	{myRespawnPoint = (markerPos "respawn_BAF");}; 

...moves the respawn to a marker in the editor named "respawn_BAF". Simply add/edit any factions (such as USMC, BIS_US, BIS_BAF etc - you can find these out easily by opening the handy debug console provided with MSO and exec "faction player"). Obviously you need to make sure there's a marker in the map named the right thing ("respawn_BAF" in this case; this is where the bug was in the previous release). You can also change the default location from [0,0,0] if you want to be doubly safe.

Strykers and LAV25 HQ are deployable HQ's by default, but you can add a 'Sign In' option to any object by putting the following in the init line:

0 = this execVM "support\modules\recruitment\addAction.sqf"; this addAction ["Set Spawn", "support\modules\WHB_FOBspawn\common\fn_addAction_SignInFOB.sqf", position player, 0, false, true, "", "true"];

R3F logistics BAF addons just needed the vehicles adding (just copy the relevant file or use the updated mission)

If you're ACEing things up, we've also fixed the ACE backpack contents issue for Nomad and Respawning thanks to Robalo. I've not made an ACE version yet, but you can dig up the details on Dev Hev here

And of course, if you make a shiny mission I'm sure we would all be very grateful if you made it available for us to play!

Is it possible for you or anyone to make a MSO for russians? Possibly with playable INS, or Blufor?

I think that would require changes lots of the background scripts and such, which is beyond me. Sadly I don't think this will be a priority while the core framework is still in dev. I'm still trying to get it to work properly with non BIS addons, but some of the BIS modules in use are refusing to play ball.

friznit2:

Thanks! Works like a charm!

I got a related question to you..

When i´ve used the "Sign in" function to spawn at the vehicle.. is there a function to "un-select" somehow?

In case the Spawn get too hostile and you need to get back to base instead?

of course i will add my mission for download when i think its playable :D

friznit2:

Thanks! Works like a charm!

I got a related question to you..

When i´ve used the "Sign in" function to spawn at the vehicle.. is there a function to "un-select" somehow?

In case the Spawn get too hostile and you need to get back to base instead?

of course i will add my mission for download when i think its playable :D

Not to my knowledge. I think you just have to sign at the next location.

I know I am missing something - I saw the Deploy FOB option once on a unit now I do not. What is the criteria or where can I find the criteria for this?

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Found it.