Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.10 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've been here so don't mind me askin'...

I have Arma2 and want to download the ACE mod for it. Is it still available?

Thanks in advance.

yes, it is at least the last public one available

but don't despair , you can always setup your own Yoma repository on your own server. but remember next time you pay for the server: the bandwidth costs are smaller using six than yoma.

for the moment i think the leader of UGAF (G-Man-853) is very busy so you can still use yoma but i don't think he gonna make 2 repository (1 yoma and 1 six) it takes lot of place to do that !

Saves bandwidth for the mirror hoster and your self, also gives you access to worldwide 11 mirrors strong network, and a lot of mods, and a lot of extras.

Also no need to redownload, just convert existing modfolders and then update.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=118605

Thanks for the info guys.

UGAF yoma still alive and udapted so you can use it guys ;)

So am I only one that ace.dev-heaven.net doesn't work for?

Thanks for that IR pointer/Flashlight option - that was really needed. Much appreciated!

So, I had to install a new version of ACE, what has been changed?

I know that 3D recoil and sight illumination is new.

Hmm, seems like i can't zoom in on the map as much as before, i think it is since the update it happend. Pretty irritating, cause my mission is CQC so i need to place them exactly. Someone have a fix to it?

Ahh, i see in the changelogs now. But don't understand how i can change it back. Someone?

Edited by FortuN

Hmm, seems like i can't zoom in on the map as much as before, i think it is since the update it happend. Pretty irritating, cause my mission is CQC so i need to place them exactly. Someone have a fix to it?

Ahh, i see in the changelogs now. But don't understand how i can change it back. Someone?

I can't understand why it was changed in the first place to be honest. Though thankfully it doesn't interfere with MP at all, because the map still zooms in fine at the MP briefing screen etc. If it didn't, it would seriously hamper MP in my opinion, so should remain as it is.

Edited by Jackal326

I can't understand why it was changed in the first place to be honest. Though thankfully it doesn't interfere with MP at all, because the map still zooms in fine at the MP briefing screen etc. If it didn't, it would seriously hamper MP in my opinion, so should remain as it is.

No same here. But when i test missions, i do it in offline mode right now, and its very irritating not being able to zoom in more than 200m..

Anyone that can explain how to fix this please?

Any mention anywhere if ACE will be fixing the new beefed up wounding system where it takes over 8 shots and 3 round of 203's to get a kill?

or is it just me?

ok so those pages don't load on firefox, but they do on opera. but even opera doesn't look like it's even loading a page, then it just comes up randomly. This is a very strange problem for me.

I can't save my userconfig ever since the last patch. I changed my name, and I tried to change the userconfig but it won't let me; it says i don't have permission using wordpad and using anything else will save another copy of it in plain text.

EDIT-Nvm figured it out

Edited by lromero95
Figured it out

Any mention anywhere if ACE will be fixing the new beefed up wounding system where it takes over 8 shots and 3 round of 203's to get a kill?

or is it just me?

Not just you.

I did a test in SP, 4 shots from an M4 from 3-4 meters to kill.

O_o

Second time he died in 1 shot to the same place I originally fired the 1st shot.

Great job! But I´m wondering if we´re going to see the Kiowas and Blackhawks back in future releases.

or is it just me?

Turn off enhanced armour in the difficulty options.

Great job! But I´m wondering if we´re going to see the Kiowas and Blackhawks back in future releases.

Did we ever have Kiowas?

Also, there's still a blackhawk.

Turn off enhanced armour in the difficulty options.

This works?

Thanks.

Now I don't need to facepalm when my .50 cal takes 6 shots to kill....

For issues overriding the minMapSize, please see; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19959#note-3

or is it just me?

AFAIK nothing has changed for Wounds in weeks if not months.

Make sure you do not have "Enhanced Armor" enabled in the difficulty level you are playing on, see your difficulty settings, also a warning is logged to the RPT if the enhanced armor setting is detected enabled.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Wounding_System#NOTE

Additionally, the ACE wounding system is about reduced combat effictiveness, while bleeding etc facilitates unconsciousness and death,

but the reported behaviour is not the expected behaviour (unless enhanced armor difficulty is enabled).

If still issues, create a ticket with requested details incl rpt file and preferably a repro mission and steps,

and we'll get right on it: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Support

Edited by Sickboy