Sign in to follow this  
weaponsfree

Convince Friends to Play Arma. Which videos do it best?

ArmA2 DM Collection by MassRefuge

ix1D1GWjhtM

Yowza, some nice vids out there. Using the "most viewed" option in Youtube really makes you miss out on some gems.

@Kenworth: I agree, dslyecxi has some great videos up. The one you posted and the "Thunderstuck" video are great and I think I will use them. They mix some first person action with some editing to make it "pop". They tend to show Arma "warts and all", but is pretty honest in terms of gameplay.

@Zipper: Yeah, excellent vid. Music and content are excellent. It is good as a first exposure to the game. Get them interested, then ease them into actually thinking outside the shooting gallery mentality.

@Inkompetant: United Operations.net missions look amazing in their immersion, but even for me, who's been playing OFP/Arma since the start, it's a daunting gaming experience.

@ck-claw: mouahahaha. Does show the lighter side of the community (and made me want to play Oblivion again, but such a long install with all the mods I use)

@paragraphic l, JdB, JonPL: Some great multiplayer matches in your vids. I think these will make some good followup vids for anyone interested.

yeah thats of course true but i think in this video its all about atmosphere

and of course if someone likes action you dont show him this kind of videos

always adapt you choice ;)

"The Nazis are the enemy!" said over top of video of what is clearly footage of a modern war scenario.

I think that video might confuse people more than convince them to play it! :p

yeah an WWII speech is of course not correct! ;)

but i think blomsterdreng80 has some very good videos in general

or you could show him my little ( sadly a bit laggy... ;) ) video

:p

Some authentic gameplay for a change:

bRXCT4DwKOk

PzyFQLM5Ywk

_ffkxA1MOCM

DCTW0nEtFso

TcLyuUTS3jM

5xgW38teKzM

This one definitely:

Pvz58L8bCaU

Nvm, Kenwort already posted it, ah well just posting it again for awesomeness :>

@topic starter, The first video (village battle or something) made me buy arma 2 long time ago, haha :p

@RudyFaase : The village battle video has an impact for anyone who stops to think about it. This game is all about unscripted combat, but you can still get amazing dramatic moments, of all out war. The other video (morning battle or something) I posted shows the calmer, sneak around, pick your shots kind of combat.

@Purepassion : The first video you posted indeed shows the more epic and militaristic appeal Arma offers. I am looking for gameplay oriented raw combat footage and a little less let's say... war glorification that can be part of the game (people play arma for many different reasons). Your (yes, a little laggy) spoiler video is closer to what I am trying to show people.

@SASrecon : Someone posted the Shacktac "Handsome Montage" video earlier, and I found it does a great job of showing the gameplay element. The player voices laughing and generally having a good time also helps (I enjoy but question the hipster tune to sell a military FPS, but hey, enjoyable song nonetheless)

These videos may have helped add ONE player to the community. The Steam sale last week surely helped as well ;). Hoping to play online with the friend in question and add a person to my tiny 3 person coop team :).

Thanks again everyone!

SuttYXU_-Ws&

An ambush I just made in the editor, other than music, all unedited. You can definitely expect some moments like this in SP.

Multiplayer is a totally different vibe, with ACE mod and ACRE, I have never seen something so epic. I saw a few videos yesterday, ACRE makes voice comms sound so realistic it doubles the immersion. Edited by Guest

Remember to show them the real side of A2 as well, so they know what to expect:

Depending on what your friends are into, every need can be satisfied, including, but not limited to stealth,

jbqzST_3Bno

There's some satisfactory contrast in this mission, involving careful planning & timing, and eye-candy of fireworks. One could argue the only thing missing is a soundtrack. ;)

Helo action,

gQ_gJTAj_cA

0G30LKnm124

With this being the best trailer, in my opinion,

izUNoKobRro

Bonus,

C7YDwq0apPc

:D

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

The other side of ArmA

8OFO0sqmqi4

SQy0BzE8Dn8

UzmRcHfUiew

.. somehow i cannot find Lee Harvey Oswalds video of the Ural-bridge flipping incident ... that one´s prolly more classy than any other video on the planet :D

I would use this one

IbuYjeNlt2c&feature

They really managed to make it pure comedy^^

I would use this one

IbuYjeNlt2c&feature

They really managed to make it pure comedy^^

Atmosphere is definitely present. Favourited. :D

_lJ3btVFbXA

OjkkZ1Yd_3U

:cc:

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

Does anyone remember that video that featured rabbit paratroopers and carrying AK's? I've looked for ages on youtube but couldn't find it.