Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

A2OA Linux Server beta 1.59.79548

Client side DLC full vs lite seems the difference.

PS: The server may NOT be run with full DLC.

the folders are not present on the server, lite is fine for a server, means I did not upload the both folders with the mod
I'm talking about on your client. Once you drop off -mod= the game's internal mod manager (have a look at it in the main menu of game) will be active. Besides it's possible that BAF/PMC get auto loaded by design too - i don't know as I don't have either :)

Renaming BAF/PMC to baf and pmc on client is another option to explore - but poking in the wild now.

As pvpscene points out - it could also be full vs lite problem - though I think it was designed not to go yellow in that situation, but I don't know.

Certainly can still be a bug only existent on the linux deddy.

Edited by Sickboy

SB could you see what mine shows for you? 60.234.41.50

SB could you see what mine shows for you? 60.234.41.50
Sure; green

aky4q1_thumb.png

Curious, I just tried your command line and my server is still amber for me. You have BAF and PMC (Full) I presume?

Curious, I just tried your command line and my server is still amber for me. You have BAF and PMC (Full) I presume?
Negative I don't, try some of the ideas i've posted last few posts.

Internal mod manager kicks in when you don't have a -mod= line.

Just noticed that when I select it, the lamp on the line displaying the selected server underneath the server list does show green.

Just noticed that when I select it, the lamp on the line displaying the selected server underneath the server list does show green.
Hmm it does that also for servers running ACE mod; http://i52.tinypic.com/x418bl.png

while I don't have it running currently.

Btw on your server, it seems the "Private Military Copany (lite)" part seems to be cut off, if you look at the Expansions part of the screenshot I made of your server. Seems odd, it does show "ArmA 2:" and then just ends.

Internal mod manager kicks in when you don't have a -mod= line.

I think these days if they're installed the DLC's load no matter what. Have tried multiple variations (-mod= -mod=@CBA -mod=baf;pmc) and they still load and I still get amber.

Negative I don't

Whut? Out of curiosity, why ever not? I mean given you're practically Number #1 Fan.

I think these days if they're installed the DLC's load no matter what. Have tried multiple variations (-mod= -mod=@CBA -mod=baf;pmc) and they still load and I still get amber.

Correct, the product.bin contains defaultMods ca;expansion;baf;pmc

Try rename the folders: baf to baf_bak and pmc to pmc_bak, and start without any -mod=.

If it works flawless then, I suppose the linux ds is broken in the sense that it should accept pmc/baf full and turn green, but doesn't.

(at least im guessing that is the expected behaviour seeing that windows ds's do go green for people with pmc/baf full).

Perhaps lowercasing baf/pmc folders if they aren't could help but I don't think so.

Whut? Out of curiosity, why ever not? I mean given you're practically Number #1 Fan.
No point in spending money for expansions to a game that I do not play, only develop/support for day and night, right :cool:

That says nothing about the game or expansions btw, but more about what I love doing most ;)

Edited by Sickboy

Renamed, icons don't show on main menu screen but server is still amber. Now thinking some sort of firewall issue. BTW the whole mods line shows for me (including all the PMC (Lite) text).

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Getting late here, going to turn in, hopefully the BI fairies will wave their magic wand overnight.

Renamed, icons don't show on main menu screen but server is still amber.
Starting to run out of ideas ..

I'll show you something weirder ;)

30dktw8_thumb.png

For some reason even servers with mods show up green for me in both the list and in the lower part...

Something fishy going on... Or my understanding of how the icons are supposed to work is flawed.

Edited by Sickboy

Tried to join any?
Works apart from getting missing config entries / addon entries due to missions requiring custom classes etc.

Perhaps the difference is equalModRequired config param - im not sure what that does since the mod hashes were introduced.

It was my understanding that equalModRequired was obsolete/broken or something in between..does it work?

It probably makes sure that all the allowed signatures are used? Meaning instead of having the keys represent the "allowed" they represent the "mandatory". If I get it right.

equalModRequired in the past made everyone required to have the exact same -mod= line as the server. It's unrelated to signatures.

Only thing I dunno is if and how this has changed since the introduction of mod hashes and server icons,

but thought i'd at least mention it as something to look at in server configurations as possible variable in the equation :D

equalModRequired in the past made everyone required to have the exact same -mod= line as the server. It's unrelated to signatures.

Only thing I dunno is if and how this has changed since the introduction of mod hashes and server icons,

but thought i'd at least mention it as something to look at in server configurations as possible variable in the equation :D

Got it, thanks. Something hard to use, if I use ACEX_SM for example, I should make sure the server runs it as well (maybe a fake, empty Addons folder :))

Anyway, I am very interested in this has well. Hashes could in fact change the whole picture.

is it still up as i can't see it didn't see the diff port

Edited by anarcho

is it still up as i can't see it didn't see the diff port
Nope, just a test VM with ubuntu for checking out the linux issues, currently paused ;)

did a total fresh install, still yellow on client computers running and not running full baf and pmc, though i do get a error with ./server.

[mark@linuxbox arma2]$ ./tolower
50 file-names were converted
[mark@linuxbox arma2]$ tar -xjf a2oa-server-1.59.79548.tar.bz2
[mark@linuxbox arma2]$ ./install

ArmA 2 - Operation Arrowhead - Linux Dedicated Server 1.57
Converting ArmA 2 OA directory:
No file-names were converted
ArmA 2 - Operation Arrowhead Server was installed.
[mark@linuxbox arma2]$ ./server
Item str_disp_server_control listed twice
18:02:09 Dedicated host created.
Error context ��� 

File , line 0: '.': '�' encountered instead of '='
Critical:Destroying running thread!
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
18:04:20 Dedicated host created.
Error context ����wk�wk
18:07:04 Dedicated host created.
Error context ����
[mark@linuxbox arma2]$ ./arma2oaserver start
Starting ArmA 2 server...
[mark@linuxbox arma2]$ nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout
./arma2oaserver check
ArmA 2 directory: /home/mark/arma2 OK
Server executable: /home/mark/arma2/server OK
Port number: 2302
Config file: server.cfg OK
PID file: /home/mark/arma2/2302.pid
RUN file: /home/mark/arma2/2302.run
[mark@linuxbox arma2]$ ./arma2oaserver status
Server should be running...
PID file exists (PID=14964)...
Server process seems to be running...

Anarcho, might be a stupid one, but did you 777 the heck out of it? :)

Anarcho, might be a stupid one, but did you 777 the heck out of it? :)

nope why would i need to? all the files are owned by the user mark

Never mind then. I can't figure out what the problem is apart from checking the obvious which is..obvious.

I want to add fact that Warfare on Cherno is not playable on 1.59 version as 1.57 version. Why did Bis developers give us "BETA" version for linux server? This is really shitty server version. Also it has yellow status. All servers on linux platform have yellow status.

From my understanding all the linux server patches have been classed as beta (don't quote me though ).