Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA release candidate 1.59 build 79321 (RC5)

Warnings:

• Not for general public deployment (so please skip is You don't like hassle)
  • this is full data update-install , not beta folder
  • provided as it is - on Your own risk :)
  • if there is major data change (binary change don't matter) for final build You will need complete reinstall or use backup (of full game) or replace such file(s)

Download of 1.59 final RC #5: http://www.multiupload.com/6M3UWKYN8J

CRC32: BA6F8EA8

MD5: 56C30A4781D7FBA90A72A4A1BE24D374

SHA-1: F708270AC13ACE2E195E90CF41B95B06CE488465

difference to previous RC:

+ some file fixes

arma2oa.exe

arma2oaserver.exe

Common\buildings.pbo.bi2.bisign

Common\buildings2.pbo.bi2.bisign

Common\buildings2_ind_cementworks.pbo

Common\buildings2_ind_cementworks.pbo.bi.bisign

Common\buildings2_ind_cementworks.pbo.bi2.bisign

Expansion\Addons\language.pbo

Expansion\Addons\language.pbo.bi.bisign

Expansion\Addons\language.pbo.bi2.bisign

Expansion\Addons\languagemissions.pbo

Expansion\Addons\languagemissions.pbo.bi.bisign

Expansion\Addons\languagemissions.pbo.bi2.bisign

Expansion\Addons\language_e.pbo

Expansion\Addons\language_e.pbo.bi.bisign

Expansion\Addons\language_e.pbo.bi2.bisign

Expansion\Dta\bin.pbo

Expansion\Dta\bin.pbo.bi.bisign

Expansion\Dta\bin.pbo.bi2.bisign

Expansion\Dta\languagecore.pbo

Expansion\Dta\languagecore.pbo.bi.bisign

Expansion\Dta\languagecore.pbo.bi2.bisign

+ lot of crashfixes ...

note: it's older than last beta, so use in combination with beta 79384 http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=116592 or newer

Changelog is same as first 1.59 then 1.58 RC

plus latest betas plus even more animation tweaks and some other minor fixes ...

ARMA 2 build 1.09 included inside

Some minor language fixes for BAF and PMC are included too ...

Just to avoid any confusion.

Do not expect further tweaking of anims delaying the release of 1.59.

Do not expect any new RC build unless something totally fatal is found.

Ofcourse post Your feedback or findings but keep this in mind that most likely any 'addressing' of them will go to beta/patch after 1.59.

thanks everyone for opinions and help while testing betas and these RCs

Edited by Dwarden

oh hai bis plz werk hardr. i xpct one patch per 12hours on my busee sched, you slacktards. :dj: :868: :padlock: :pet6: :436:

are you kidding me? 2 RCs and loads of betas before the final release?

yeah, BI should get worldwide award(why not nobil prize?) for keeping comunity UP-TO-DATE with FIXES and for motivating players, that BI doesn't leave noone behind :)

due to warning of full reinstal of armaverse needed i will pass this one.

P.S. i hope earlier RC will not require to reinstal, when final patch will come.

It's Saturday, go have some Czech beers or something ;)

At this very moment i recommend Steinlager Pure :yay:

And give some to the AI :p

Woot! that's a lot of file fixes...expecting to see language and building texture improvements?

EagleDynamics... make you pay for betas then release a buggy as fk final version and tell you to get stuffed on their forums.

BI.. produce betas, and RCs and ask for constant feedback from the community, winning over their userbase.

You're the last standing gaming company to give this level of service in my eyes, keep it up.

Wait, uff... I just installed the other 1.59 RC. Can i now just install this on top of that last one, or do i need to uninstall both armas and then install this new RC?

I installed it over the previous RC just now without any issues. ;)

it should work, i posted the file-list just to make sure there is less questions :)

and the tip of reinstall over original data just for sure...

(one never knows what You do with Your files :D )

Damn, I just can't keep up with releases... Just installed previous RC, looked on BIF and bam! There's a new one!

Keep it up BIS. I like to be overwhelmed by developer support ;]

Edited by Max255[PL]

It's too bad that because of russian OA I now have russian BAF as well even though it's from Sprocket.

I'm getting reallly confused with these patches. I thought we got an official patch the other day. It wasn't the official release?? What is so special about this 1.59 patch that is causing all these problems?

I mean the changelogs look like very minor issues and are only 1 or 2 things at that.

Will there be any difference between this beta patch and the real patch when it's finally over? I'm expecting some kind of surprise with giving us some new content or something. I just don't see a reason to keep putting these betas out if it is close to the finished product.

Usually the betas fix some issues but then when the patch comes out it's a big leap from the last beta to the patch.:confused:

Thats why I avoid beta patches, there are other good people willing to take the hit:)

<----ALWAYS trys the beta patches and RC patches. If noone tests then much slower development.

Giving a little of one's time does no harm. Can't understand those that dont want to help.

Well its not like I dont want to help but its question of time. Its very hard to keep up with the development and having other issues going on at the same time.

I'm getting reallly confused with these patches. I thought we got an official patch the other day. It wasn't the official release?? What is so special about this 1.59 patch that is causing all these problems?

I mean the changelogs look like very minor issues and are only 1 or 2 things at that.

Will there be any difference between this beta patch and the real patch when it's finally over? I'm expecting some kind of surprise with giving us some new content or something. I just don't see a reason to keep putting these betas out if it is close to the finished product.

Usually the betas fix some issues but then when the patch comes out it's a big leap from the last beta to the patch.:confused:

OK these beta patches are just that beta's. They are released by BIS to us so it can be tested in real world situations, by far more beta testers than BIS has doing far more random shit than they probably do aswell. Read release notes, each one is here to try to fix bugs(sometimes test new features) and make sure it dont screw the whole game or add new bugs. As for this patch it is just a candidate release, so if no major game breaking bugs are found this might just be the final patch. If you read since the 1st RC last weekend there have been 3 or 4 beta's that have either fixed something from the RC or they are just progression up-dates (stuff that has been fixed since the RC was released). Even now the latest beta is a higher version number than this because something else was fixed after this was obviously being packed for release. Now that is some shit hot customer support. They aren't to everyones taste, take it or leave it but it is much better they do this than just release patches after being tested in house only. Imagine if they didn't release 1.58RC and instead it came straight out as official patch(and it is with Reinforcements). Holy shit a lot of people in community would have probably flown to BIS and kicked the doors in demanding they reset it back the 1.57! To BIS's credit the held off the official 1.58 and instead tweaked the anim speeds, released it via beta's and now have something that most people are now happy with, yes there are still a few that need work but that's the same with everything

And breath...thanks for the RC update

I installed this on top of the previous 1.59 RC and it worked.

Anyway, I tried regular A2 today and it said that my version is still 1.08???

So i downloaded the 1.09 and installed it and now it shows 1.09 in A2.

and sorry for mystify , there was slight typo on the build number of binary it's 79321 not 79231:)

AI is pretty good now after these betas. Played a SP mission taking part in several villages and AI acts quite intelligently - the game is now quite enjoyable in SP too.

The only problem and it's a rather big one - is that AI still does not engage through windows from inside the building. It's been a problem since OA very release date - so I think it's time for you to fix it.

Civilians also seem to be broken - they just stand in one place not moving and sometimes (but rarely) walk in circles

Can anyone who's got it make a decent mirror available please?

All the ones from multiupload have terrible speeds and the ones I have tried so far drop connection half way through.

just ignore it then, there will be new RC soon