Thanks for releasing this awesome mod!

The campaing has a nice atmosphere and I like the way RK was made, altough it would be nice to be able to look over the scope in close quarters like it was mentioned earlier.

Now off to play some more FDFmod!

Woah, congrats on the release gents! This was one of my favorite mods in OFP.

like this mod alto.

Did some mp campaign yesterday, and a few of the missions shows a scripterror at start ( not running beta, but running co @ 1.57 )

One of those missions is "made in germany"

fyi

other than that, greate work, as usual, and wouldn't expect less from you lot!

Was already wonderign about the radio subtitles but judgign by soem posts it is intentional?

Only have briefing notes but in the missiosn i dont get any radio subtitles which is a bit confusing.

On the other hand i managed to finish campaigns that were in russian so i guess this is also possible :D

Only got to briefly try the new pandogorsk in the editor and I gotta say its awesome... It runs very well.... And its a lot of fun (Especially flying fast jets between the trees down the long stretch of motorway!) Awesome map....

Only have briefing notes but in the missiosn i dont get any radio subtitles which is a bit confusing.

Check GAME OPTIONS->LANGUAGE and set it to ENGLISH. Check also that SUBTITLES are enabled.

I have retail Arma 2 but steam OA, i installed mod to Arma 2 folder but when i start combined ops it doesnt seem to be there.

Or should i install it on OA folder instead?

Edited by Ripsipiirakka

Great to see FDF back in CO!! :)

Some missions (SP/Campaign) are bugged with scripterrors. Probably easy to solve just start the game with -showScriptErrors and you will see them.

I have retail Arma 2 but steam OA, i installed mod to Arma 2 folder but when i start combined ops it doesnt seem to be there.

Got a x64 system running? That has got a different installation path. It's mentioned earlier in this thread.

Well done on the release

Cannot wait to try it out, i have followed you guys since good old OFP :)

Same here. Thanks for all !!

Install to your OA Steam folder and make a shortcut of arma2oa.exe. Put this to shortcut's target line:

X:\***\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oa.exe -mod=Y:\%%%\arma 2;Expansion;ca;X:\***\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\FDFmod

Where X is the drive and *** the path where your Steam is installed.

Where Y is the drive and %%% the path where your retail ARMA 2 is installed.

Steam is not very user friendly with unoffical mods and addons so you have to do some trickery. Expansions-menu will work only with retail version. More here about addons and mods on Steam version: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=11146

We will update our install instructions today for Steam users. If you still have problems post to our forums at fdfmod.org.

Edited by Norsu

I downloaded and installed the 4th time, I alway get this error messages:

CRC failed in FDFmod\AddOns\fdf_isle1_a.pbo

CRC failed in FDFmod\AddOns\FDF_men.pbo

CRC failed in FDFmod\AddOns\FDF_music.pbo

I tried another Filehoster but it didnt fix the problem.

I downloaded and installed the 4th time, I alway get this error messages:

CRC failed in FDFmod\AddOns\fdf_isle1_a.pbo

CRC failed in FDFmod\AddOns\FDF_men.pbo

CRC failed in FDFmod\AddOns\FDF_music.pbo

I tried another Filehoster but it didnt fix the problem.

If the installer repeats CRC error, you could try extracting it with 7Zip or any other rar supporting program.

@ Blake

Did you define all languages? Arma no longer has a default fall back.

Just copy the English text to all languages in the XML.

If the installer repeats CRC error, you could try extracting it with 7Zip or any other rar supporting program.

C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\ArmA2_FDFmod.exe: CRC-Fehler in FDFmod\AddOns\FDF_car.pbo. Die Datei ist fehlerhaft.

C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\ArmA2_FDFmod.exe: CRC-Fehler in FDFmod\AddOns\fdf_isle1_a.pbo. Die Datei ist fehlerhaft.

C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\ArmA2_FDFmod.exe: CRC-Fehler in FDFmod\AddOns\FDF_men.pbo. Die Datei ist fehlerhaft.

C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\ArmA2_FDFmod.exe: CRC-Fehler in FDFmod\AddOns\FDF_music.pbo. Die Datei ist fehlerhaft.

Same error when I try to extract it.

Reparing via WinRar isn´t working either.

I try to download it again...

C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\ArmA2_FDFmod.exe: CRC-Fehler in FDFmod\AddOns\FDF_car.pbo. Die Datei ist fehlerhaft.

C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\ArmA2_FDFmod.exe: CRC-Fehler in FDFmod\AddOns\fdf_isle1_a.pbo. Die Datei ist fehlerhaft.

C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\ArmA2_FDFmod.exe: CRC-Fehler in FDFmod\AddOns\FDF_men.pbo. Die Datei ist fehlerhaft.

C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\ArmA2_FDFmod.exe: CRC-Fehler in FDFmod\AddOns\FDF_music.pbo. Die Datei ist fehlerhaft.

That'd mean the file is broken. But if it occurs only with you it's in worst case a hardware/memory problem with your computer.

Otherwise try and grab it from Six Updater Network;

- Install and run Six Updater from http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater

1. Click "Open in SU" link @ http://updater.dev-heaven.net/mods/show/dba498c2-5399-11e0-a9b1-001517bd964c

2. Hit "Run Updater" button :D

Mmmm... i have to say that the missions themselves are a bit still in beta status, more than in 1.0 version. I will give you a bit of feedback:

In single player missions (the 3 short ones), 2 of them failed to actually end (the infantry mission and the tank mission), when i cleaned the objective from the enemy. In both cases i checked the zone carefully and the ai was already changed in "safe" mode and stopped because they also couldn't find any enemy.

In the campaign, the first two missions worked fine. Only two details: the first mission could have been clearer about the first objective (go and speak with the guy waiting for you on the Land Rover), and in the second mission i destroyed the radar with a grenade, without the satchel charge.

But in the third and four missions, i had several problems

First that the switch soldier (t key) is problematic. It seems to break scripts and/or block some characters. Just today in the fourth mission the leader couldn't give movement orders to the soldiers i previously controlled directly, even if it was only by seconds.

In the third mission the US attack to the chedaki base never came except the chopper. And the mission didn't finish right, i had to use the cheat to pass it.

In the fourth mission the allied groups don't move. The other finnish squad that is at your left put themselves just in the point in the "border" drawn line of the map, before the city, and stayed there for the rest of the game.

So... i think i will wait the first patch before trying the mod again.

Edited by Turin Turambar

That's interesting since several testers have finished the campaign without such problems. But I will give it a look. Bet the team switch problem sounds something which BIS should fix.

I have to clarify, just in case: i am not using extra mods, i am using the last beta version with arma 2 oa + arma 2.

Thanks for getting this out there, FDF has always been a solid mod, and have enjoyed some of the play so far.

I have, however, been running into the same problems as Turin with regards to the Campaign.

The Team switch causes big problems:

Anything to do with bridges is a pain frankly so maneuvering my squad to the other side and back was frustrating as hell.

When Razor and the FDF squad splits in the second mission (before the radar) if you are team-switched to another character, that character takes command instead of the protagonist for the rest of the mission the three other soldiers also do not have access to tasks and notes

The attack on the opfor base doesn't happen. I went to look for the Marines who are just sitting around the sawmill.

I would also suggest getting a better balance between friendly and enemy AI as at the moment, my team do more harm than good, and the enemy are over powered.

Might be useful placing some extra ammo in the ammo boxes, as by the time I reach the opfor base my triggerhappy teammates have nearly run dry.

Thanks

E

Ok, i looked a bit in the editor, and now i can define more exactly the problems with the fourth mission.

1. Th other apc (i think it's called amv1) won't move. While the fight is already ending, it's still in the base! Something about the condition or the initial move waypoint. Green vehicle in base in image.

2. The british group won't go to the city. It's the blue vehicle and blue points in the image. They are still there.

th_arma2oa2011-03-2220-23-30-56.jpg

th_arma2oa2011-03-2220-24-00-57.jpg

(screenshots are after 10 minutes of fight, most of my squad is dead)