Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Crysis 2 PC Demo [Download link]

I fear for Red Orchestra 2 because it's apparently coming out on consoles as well, but I'm in denial and I'm hoping that the PC version is as good/better than Red Orchestra 1.

Like someone said above, Console version might be in the future

If you've ever seen the videos and listened to the "Bash and Slash"

interviews with John Gibson you'll see that Tripwire has no intention of

screwing over the PC crowd.

Listen to Crosshairs 25, 15, 16 and the "RO: HoS Crosshairs Exclusive" broadcasts.

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=4&id=73&Itemid=133

Edit: Bad signs Crysis 2 is a console port.

Main menu "Press Start"

Game options "aim assist on/off"

Edited by jblackrupert

Really enjoying the demo at the moment, graphically brilliant, however have a few lighting issue's being really bright and flickering but hopfully it all will be able to be delt with when the 3d settings option becomes unlocked in the full game.

Not a huge fan of MP there but looks cool. Do want SP demo.

How does it run in comparsion to Crysis 1?

I know I'm getting on but how can anyone of any age consider that entertaining? Spawn, run around, kill someone, die, repeat, all to the tune of flashing lights and repeating sound bytes. It's about as pointless as pinball.

I find the entertaining part of this being some of the weapons and, more importantly, the abilities of the Nanosuit. My best experience so far was having a guy on a static machinegun right beneath me tearing my teammates apart, so I jumped off the side, did a 180, pressed C which sent me into a power stomp, and landing right on top of him. Then I was free to detach said machinegun and go on a rampage against his team instead, with the aid of the cloak and armor modes. It was certainly fun.

Isn't pinball a game us old farts used to play?

Can't remember.....memory fading...

Nuthin' wrong with pinball imo. I could live without Crysis2 though. The jungle and the sandbox approach made it somewhat special and entertaining. Somehow choosing NY as the new environment pretty much screwed all that. No point hiding behind small 'oneway' signs and garbage bags imo. :P

In MP perhaps, judging solely from the demo, but through watching the footage of the leaked beta single player campaign I'm pretty sure it's still full of the open sandbox segments, just inside NYC instead of some random fictional island.

Such as this part:

vPYAqNr8FGk

I honestly have no idea why he's using a Xbox 360 controller, but c'est la vie...

Edited by Zipper5

I'm really looking forward this. :) We could play the MP demo together. And by the way: does cloak really hide you well? Because in Crysis 1, when you had to kill the koreans with the nanosuit clone, the cloaking made them almost absolutely invisible, not the kind if invisibility where the edges are distorted.

Edited by ziiip

There's a module you can apply to your suit that makes you almost entirely invisible, but still not fully. If you don't have it, it hides you as well as it did in Crysis' multiplayer (i.e. okay from a distance, but you're screwed when really up close).

Also, here are some gameplay videos I recorded:

dDbBObpFk8k

mbFQE-koQXY

Edited by Zipper5

Nice vids Zipper5 :)

Played it for like 10 - 15 minutes last night. Not sure what to think of it yet but looking at that leaked SP video I think again I will go for the SP only and than drop the game. But you never know, maybe I need to play some more MP demo.

No offense there Zipper but the game looks horrible. Seriously, why is Meth illegal but kids can get twitchy speedouts with this stuff.

I personally quite like how it looks, though I am not expecting anyone here to like it as well. The general rule of thumb is that anyone disinterested in the mainstream video game market doesn't like bloom nor motion blur, even in the slightest cases of either. :p

i wish i was able to play even 2 mins of it, but seems i am part of the group who either cannot connect, or says it has no connection...oh well..

Well its not the looks, its that twitchy speedy-fly-ie gameplay :D

I liked Far Cry 1, never tried 2 as I heard that it went downhill.

I personally quite like how it looks, though I am not expecting anyone here to like it as well. The general rule of thumb is that anyone disinterested in the mainstream video game market doesn't like bloom nor motion blur, even in the slightest cases of either. :p

Motion blur and bloom are good effects, they're just overused, and put to extreames in alot of mainstream games.

i wish i was able to play even 2 mins of it, but seems i am part of the group who either cannot connect, or says it has no connection...oh well..

Well, it's not much. It's the singleplayer most people are looking forward to anyway.

I hear ya, PuFu. I barely got past the account creation thing today. now, I just have to wait for the game to let me in. keeps saying my username is invalid and whatnot.

whatever, I'll just watch Zipper5's videos in the meantime.

@Foxhound

sounds like you got a nice setup, man. I can't wait to upgrade again (had to roll back to a 9800gtx, just last month).

Doesn't seem to be worth the trouble. I mean aim assist, really?

IgizpmXDiXI

And of course the usual...

keyboardcrisis.jpg

Motion blur and bloom are good effects, they're just overused, and put to extreames in alot of mainstream games.

Blur is a horrible effect used to mask low framerates.

Spending a bundle on hardware to get high frame rates and high resolutions for a crystal clear fast moving picture.....and then getting a blurry image, bites.

Edited by Baff1

Blur is a horrible effect used to mask low framerates.

Spending a bundle on hardware to get high frame rates and high resolutions for a crystal clear fast moving picture.....and then getting a blurry image, bites.

Well, it's good for me as I get low framerate anyway. :p

Deadfast, that video is just amazing. Funny and sad at the same time. My thoughts exacly.

Crysis 1 still looks a hell of a lot better and didn't have the bloom and blur at levels Crysis 2 does.

The visuals are still good despite them but it just doesn't have the HOLY F$%#!!! effect the first did when you loaded it up.

It's clearly been consolized.

Why do I need to register for a freakin demo? -.-

Because the game uses unlocks, XP points and such which are saved on a remote server.