Sign in to follow this  
nes4day

F-22A Raptor

Sure, but then I had to do some acrobatic stunts with my fingers or change some customised controls.

€: I'll leave it as it is right know. Is it possible to deactivate/activate the feature via actionmenu so that you can only lean when it's activated? I have no Idea if that is possible. It's just an idea

This is surely possible, no biggie. What you think would be best:

- Action option only available from outside the plane

- Action always available

- Action only available when in the plane

- Action only available when in plane and stationary

Myke;1853156']

- Action only available when in plane and stationary

I think that would be the best option. You choose before you take off and that's it. I don't see the need to change it during flight.

I like the lean function! Gotta say though the accelaration is pretty erm .... Gentle? Really nice otherwise! Textures are really nice too. Any chance of one with underwing pylons :D

Myke;1852988'] lean issue: you know you can adjust keys in the game options -> control menu?

Yeah I'm well aware of that. What I'm asking is whether there is a reason the lean appears only for this particular aircraft and is overridden in all other aircraft in the game.

@dingyisun, the leaning is a new feature which allows the pilot to move his head inside the cockpit to provide a better view.

And the Flare/Weapon bay, afterburner issues have been solved and will be included in the next update which is soon

@dingyisun, the leaning is a new feature which allows the pilot to move his head inside the cockpit to provide a better view.

And the Flare/Weapon bay, afterburner issues have been solved and will be included in the next update which is soon

OHHHHHHHH my bad haha, I thought it was completely unintentional. But in retrospect, that's actually a neat design implementation.

@Nes4day,

See, the leaning feature is not popular. We can use Left Alt key to move head freely inside the cockpit.

Actually the leaning is quite nice. I do wonder if there is a way to set the keys for it in the config, so it wouldn't be automapped to WASD.

@Myke - Could leaning be done for vehicles as well? Or just for aircraft?

@Lao fei mao: yes, but you can't lean though

@Darkhorse: I will have a look into the key bindings

Also, Myke, what program do you use to edit paa files?

Edited by nes4day

Yes, I wouldn't mind being able to lean in vehicles like in VBS2. Leaning forward in the seat would be nice to look out the window in a HMMWV instead of guessing 'Okay where is that gunfire coming from?!' haha

Hey, what do you guys think about my idea to make that feature available via action menu?

I'm currently looking into that :)

@Derbysieger

read topmost post on the previous site please.

@All

how lean works:

basically it is a user controlled animation applied to the pilots proxy. It does rotate him around a axis placed at "his balls" to left/right.

It is not tied to a particulat key but to inputAction "leanLeft" and "leanRight". This means, it works with whatever key is assigned to lean in the controls.

This was necessarly to make it work with headtracking systems like FreeTrack or TrackIR. Please note that with such headtracking systems, you have smother control over the leaning as it isn't only on/off.

As BIS doesn't have leaning in vehicles, BIS decided to reuse keys which are used for leaning as Infantry. So it ends up that key "Q" is assigned to throttleUp aswell as to leanLeft.

As this is a complete new feature, i had to test how it works "in the wild", gathering feedback about arising problems and then find a solution, a point we reached now here.

So most likely solution that will be included:

leaning will be disabled by default. You will have a action menu to enable leaning when you're sitting on the pilot's seat and not faster than 50km/h. This will allow enabling leaning even when already taxiing.

@nes4day

i will rewrite the leaning accordingly and send you the adjusted files.

And i use Texview2 to convert .paa -> .tga and then i use GIMP (open source) to edit textures. I would say it is nearly as versatile as Photoshop.

Myke;1853399']

So most likely solution that will be included:

leaning will be disabled by default. You will have a action menu to enable leaning when you're sitting on the pilot's seat and not faster than 50km/h. This will allow enabling leaning even when already taxiing.

Thanks for the app.

That's not a bad idea to deal with the leaning, but I was think about perhaps an action command such as (Toggle Lean Left; Toggle Lean Right), just a thought, what do you think?

Edit: Earlier on, Myke took full responsibility for the AB function failure, well, I feel obliged to say that it's also my fault since I didn't get it working at first but somehow managed to give myself double thrust and got it working. So, yeah, should've checked more carefully.

Edited by nes4day

since there r many who hav trouble with the leaning key,action (especially for those who dosen't hav track IR my self included, how many % of arma player has it really? that thing is way over price) the problem now is u can't really find a key that dosen't over lap other control, well if we remap it sould slove the problem

we can remap aircraft control to RDFG or TFGH any key further away form WASD means more key to remap like taplock and capslock VIOP chat and TS key (normally L-shift or L-control)~~~~~~just trouble.

but no matter where u map aircraft control key to there will always be 1 problme (even now) is when u lean ur view to the left or right to look around u will hav very limited control over the aircraft, except u hav 10 fingure on each hand n they can twist and turn. (u can't circle over targt and turn ur hard right and lean left for sure)

my remaped key for aircraft control since arma1

Q-bank left W-thrust+ E-bank right

A-rudder left S-thrust_ D-rudder right

(c how seriuos my key conflict with the leaning key and after burner key)!!!it is my problem i should remap my key i know!!! i know i should find a way to make ur system work not other way round but b4 u start yelling at me plz hear my suggestion

!!!skip the trash above here is the main point!!!

so hav a suggestion but i really hav no idea how hard it is to make, it surly will be complicated and nor i know if it would worth the effort. just a suggestion forget it if u don't like it

:suggestion for the leaning function

u c the G-force effect the game hav now, u lean foward and around determin by ur relative G, like say break hard u move forward, hard left turn u lean right.

just wonder if its possible to tweak that camera moving around effect, from according to ur relative G to head turning angle? no additional key needed and extremely helpful for chopper pilot. just complicate to make, since it seems like brand new system XD

really who need lean left or right when they r looking dead ahead, though u really need to lean left or right to look left or right or back to c what chasing u (with out the leaning function it would not be possible)

:suggestion for the afterburner key

change it to L-shift or spacebar or go back to the scrol menu system, L-shift may overlap some people TS key but ther is always a L-control for TS. problme i c so far every hav their own perfercene key for certain function how to keep every 1 happy?

Edited by j rock

change it to L-shift or spacebar or go back to the scrol menu system, L-shift may overlap some people TS key but ther is always a L-control for TS.

No matter to what key something is assigned, there will be always someone yelling "but i have XY bound to that key!!!".

Left Shift is VehicleTurbo key on ground vehicles so it doesn't differ from the use as afterburner. If you have bound your TS to leftShift, well then you enable vehicleTurbo when driving a car aswell. So you surely sent a mail to BIS so they change that keybinding so it doesn't conflict with your TS keybindings. :rolleyes:

So final solution will be:

- leaning disable by default

- action menu entry to enable/disable it while stationary on ground or taxiing

I'm affraid that people will have to check keymappings if they want to use it. But most of you know: you can't please them all.

@Myke, good idea

Um, anyone has a copy of the oldest version of scar's f-22, 0.8B?

I noticed that the main gun (m62a1) is somewhat useless against any sort of hard target. i think it would be better to use the GAU-12 or something similar. and its pretty hard to see where you're firing from the lack of tracers.

The HUD (or whatever you call it, the green thing with the reticule) is very hard to see through at night.

The sounds should also be redone if possible, maybe you could contact the person who made the HiFi sound mod and use the F35 sound or something. he may even be generous enough to make a sound specifically for the F-22A. The gun sound should also be redone as well. but im sure sounds are one of the last things you're going to fix.

according to wikipedia 'the Raptor carries an M61A2 Vulcan 20 mm rotary cannon, also with a trap door, in the right wing root.'

It works fine against other planes. That's what it's supposed to do. There is absolutely no reason to fit it with another cannon.

why not a Gau8?it's even more effective compared to Gau12!!!

I noticed that the main gun (m62a1) is somewhat useless against any sort of hard target.

The M53 API round fired by the M61a2 vulcan can penetrate up to 6.3mm of armour at 0 degrees obliquity at 1000 meters range. That is not enough penetration to defeat the armour of a BRDM-2, except through the floor or the top front of the hull. Even the roof should be impenetrable. At any rate, the m61a2 should not be very effective against hard targets, especially AFVs.

The gun will not be changed as Max Power and Derbysieger pointed out

The next update will contain

-Fixed flare/weapon bay issue

-Removed HUB cross-hair or better viewing

-Improved Handling

-Hopefully fixed afterburner

Currently considered - 1000lb JDAM variant.

Edited by nes4day

i thought the GAU-12 was 20mm as well (its 25mm), thats why i thought that it the m61 felt "nerfed" compared to the GAU-12.

so is the tracer issue related to the type of ammo?

i'll see if i can dig up any info on how to modify a ammo type to make them a tracer round.