Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v3.3 is released!

Just pushed the MV22 fix to GIT...

I've also written a function that will help get custom terrains setup for MSO. Basically the script will create various keypoints for MSO. The script assumes that towns and citycenters have already been created, but will then create strongpoints, flatareas, strategic locations for you.

Tested on my Qom Province map and seems to work ok.

Well I'm testing in Takistan... and I havent come across ANY camps... there are plenty of enemies, just no camps for them to fortify, any ideas? Can anyone else confirm this? And I am running ACE with it.

Hey wollfy

The major thing with the vast ai-spawning is ok now!

i would just take a look at the bike-spawning, the mv22-stops on runway, and a thing i came across (also some m8 before me): it seems to me that all spawned camps and bases are empty! Can anyone confirm this?

Esp. The camp thing would be nice if you could a take a look at!

But wolffy, again: you 're fucking awsome! Had a really nice time yesterday running an mso on podagorsk!

i would just take a look at the bike-spawning, the mv22-stops on runway, and a thing i came across (also some m8 before me): it seems to me that all spawned camps and bases are empty! Can anyone confirm this?

Bikes and MV22 are fixed (thx Tupolov). Kolmain, there's your confirmation - will see what I can do.

But wolffy, again: you 're fucking awsome! Had a really nice time yesterday running an mso on podagorsk!

Cheers man - can I get a copy of your Podagorsk MSO for distribution?

Re sandstorms, I fixed it, but the way its implemented by BIS means it looks ridiculous sometimes. I'll leave it for this release but might disable it for future ones depending on feedback.

Cheers too! will upload the poda-mso-vts edit tomorrow since my girl is already a little nervous cuz she didnt see me for days while i was editing and playing the mso, lol! Im sure you know this from yourself :)

Btw. Kolmain wrote he didnt see any camps. I have loads of camps just no ai to protect them. Maybe its the same or at least related.

I cant wait to start it up again and already have daydreams of Mso :)

Btw. Kolmain wrote he didnt see any camps. I have loads of camps just no ai to protect them. Maybe its the same or at least related.

Saw this as well the other day. Would need to see with SCAJolly and Enders if they've seen it in the new version (haven't gotten a chance to hop on yet).

Does NOMAD still require you to be in the same player spot, or can you rejoin in a different slot? Also can NOMAD be adapted to include AI squad mates and spawn them back on your position as well as removing them when you leave?

Hey m8s! wollfy, could you pls pack all the fixes (tupolevs and yours) to new rc-pack or post the link to the files? Would be nice so i can implement them today. Will post mission in the evening then!

Have fun, laters

Does NOMAD still require you to be in the same player spot, or can you rejoin in a different slot? Also can NOMAD be adapted to include AI squad mates and spawn them back on your position as well as removing them when you leave?

Not the same spot, just in a slot of the same class.

And it re-joins you to your AI group, but doesn't delete them - as I like to arm my M2's with AI while I'm away, so I wouldn't want them deleted when I disconnect! :)

Sidenote: Noubernou has suggested a new method of caching using enabledSimulation client side that will reduce server load while allowing flybys with no ill-effects. I'll do a quick test, but hopefully it will be an alternative to the current caching method.

Edited by Wolffy.au

Sounds sweet man - thank you for all your efforts in sorting these problems out mate.

hallo Wolffy.au

is it possible to make chenarrus version without ACE?? well, ACE kill server, it make so LAG :D

Hey sagitarius! The stock baf-chernarus is without ace! which mission did ya start up? also: if yu took the RC candidate files its very likely you got struck by a desync-bug which kills server fps, so maybe it isnt ace that makes it lag. Take the chernarus version from dev-heavens mso-ticket ".... vast AI is spawned...." (dunno the exact title)! Its without ace and has much better serverperformance!

Guidance

Dave

Hey this really is shaping up to be the most realistic persistent mission ever.

I would like to ask is there any ACE mission version out yet for the latest release of MSO?.

Thanks

EDIT

just downloaded 3.4 an see there is but they require AAW is there any that don't require any other mods other than ACE?

Edited by stk2008

I'll be updating the VCB one in the next couple of days. I'll bung Wolffy an ACE-BAF-Takistan version with the latest RC for upload.

M8s, be careful with the RC candidate files on Dev-heaven! wolffy fixed an important issue but in those files from 24.4. are still the older versions. until the fixed versions have been packed to a new RC candidate file-package i would take the file from the dev-heaven mso-ticket ".... Vast AI spawning...." as i mentioned above!

Guidance

hallo Wolffy.au

is it possible to make chenarrus version without ACE?? well, ACE kill server, it make so LAG :D

ACE hasn't caused us to lag on any map, to include CSJ SEA, Takistan, and Chernarus. Using Unsung, default ACE, and an I44 version of the MSO. I would have to go out on a limb and say the culprit is something else.

ACE hasn't caused us to lag on any map, to include CSJ SEA, Takistan, and Chernarus. Using Unsung, default ACE, and an I44 version of the MSO. I would have to go out on a limb and say the culprit is something else.

Man, I would seriously love to play I44 or Unsung MSO. :bounce3:

Still having an issue with what looks like the terrorist cells on Takistan - loads and loads of markers all over the map.

Mission has been running for about 14 hours and debug console shows 800 and odd east units. .rpt shows:

"MSO-31376.6 CEP Caching # 172/240 Cached Groups 28/906/163 Active/Suspended/Cached Units"

FPS on server down to 3 - spec of this is HP Blade BL460c, 2*2.5GHz CPU (8Core), 2*146SFF 10k HDD, 16GB RAM, Win2008R2 x64.

Having a look round with the debug cam and there are LOTS of enemy present in the towns.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Edited by Enders

How oftern are the markers showing up now? It should be around every 15 - 30 mins.

Wow! i disabled terrorist cells but only since it didnt fit in my mission. Will try to reproduce in the evening

!

I'll be updating the VCB one in the next couple of days. I'll bung Wolffy an ACE-BAF-Takistan version with the latest RC for upload.

Hey that sounds great thanks.

All so is there any chance to get a version that don't require BAF as I am the only one to won it out of all my friends :o yes yes I know despicable isn't it hehehe.

Also found this in the .rpt:

Error in expression <tezones");

{

if (_x distance _Pos < (triggerarea _x select 0) ) then>

Error position: <_Pos < (triggerarea _x select 0) ) then>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _pos

Error in expression <tezones");

{

if (_x distance _Pos < (triggerarea _x select 0) ) then>

Error position: <_Pos < (triggerarea _x select 0) ) then>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _pos

Possibly related?

Hey that sounds great thanks.

All so is there any chance to get a version that don't require BAF as I am the only one to won it out of all my friends :o yes yes I know despicable isn't it hehehe.

Anyone can play with BAF - they'll just have to put up with shitty textures on the BAF units if they havn't bought the pack.

But if I remember I'll try and do a completely vanilla ACE version.