Sign in to follow this  
-=anders=-

Sound Of Anders (soundmod)

Try Snoops 213 link on the page before, page 19.

Got it, thanks. Thanks for the mod Anders! It's really great! SOA + RH heli = awesomeness :yay:

So which sound mods do you recommend with this since it doesn't have vehicle sounds yet?\

Also, does this cover CO content or just OA?

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

So which sound mods do you recommend with this since it doesn't have vehicle sounds yet?\

Also, does this cover CO content or just OA?

CO content... Tango Romeos are the best vehiclesounds out there. Convince me otherwize m8....... ;)

Does this "Tango Romeos" have DLC included such as BAF and PMC?

no either OA,only Arma2 vanilla.

Coughing is annoying, especially when you are running with a bigger squad. Maybe you can improve this.

Just like to chip in mate, great work with the mod.

Currently running it with blastcore and ACE, works like a charm.

Keep it up! :bounce3:

Can you please use the fixed configs I sent ya.. here are the latest version for 1.08:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-3210602/SoA.7z.html

Its kinda annoying to fix it again and again. Thanks. :bounce3:

---

Any reason you included these in 1.07 and removed em again 1.08?

soa_c_sound_men.pbo
soa_main.pbo
soa_sys_animsounds.pbo
soa_s_men.pbo

You forgot to update your readme. :eek:

Please create a new key for each release and resign your addons. Only this

way admins can make sure people run the latest version.

Among the config fixes is:

Cannot load sound 'anders_s_impact\sabot_imp2.wsss'

My former PM in case you missed it:

Use a diff tool like compareIt to understand the changes:

http://www.grigsoft.com/wincmp3.htm

Here are errors from the rpt:

http://pastebin.jonasscholz.de/1255

Please always check the RPT before a release to be error free.

Best way to test is to setup a scenario with as many different AI units in

there fighting each other. This way you automate that part pretty much.

Please remove all unchanged sound definitions (\CA\*).

It makes it incompatible to run with other sound replacements to replace

those yet missing sounds.

Here is an all in one sound config to compare with:

http://ifile.it/kghi6jr/allInOneSoundConfig.7z

So if the sound definition is the same in there, remove it from your config.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Can you please use the fixed configs I sent ya.. here are the latest version for 1.08:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-3210602/SoA.7z.html

Its kinda annoying to fix it again and again. Thanks. :bounce3:

---

Any reason you included these in 1.07 and removed em again 1.08?

soa_c_sound_men.pbo
soa_main.pbo
soa_sys_animsounds.pbo
soa_s_men.pbo

You forgot to update your readme. :eek:

Please create a new key for each release and resign your addons. Only this

way admins can make sure people run the latest version.

Among the config fixes is:

Cannot load sound 'anders_s_impact\sabot_imp2.wsss'

My former PM in case you missed it:

Hi,

Yeah, I'll check your fixes so to speak then. Those 4 "SOA_***.pbo" files are NOT needed anymore, because no scripts are needed. It's all in my gear pbo-file now.

Also, didnt know that you have to make a new key with every release... :confused:

Re new key; You don't have to but it is generally a good practice in case of file removals / additions or big changes - simply so that server owners can control what version to allow and which version not.

If you always sign with the same key, any of your mod's versions will be allowed on servers accepting the key.

In case of incompatibilities or bugs in previous versions this could cause issues when people join with different versions.

As to the increased management tasks of server owners having to update the keys - not a problem when they e.g run Six Updater - it has a process keys option that will update the keys when the mods are updated ;-)

@Anders, mate just want to say a top sound mod, it good to see that there are others out there that prefer sounds that are not pops n click like other sound mods. You can actually hear each specific gun's accent.My only gripe is your reload sounds are a little loud sometimes louder than the weapon firing...Overall good job :ok:

Sav

I'd love to hear a video with explosions, sonic snaps and especially bullet impacts since so few soundmods bother with them.

Hey anders, I keep getting an error in my RPT everytime I run this mod, it seems to delay the loading of the mission, not sure if it is actually that bad

Addon anders_s_guns (entry TruckHorn) not found in the list of active addons.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

anders_s_guns

Addon anders_s_guns (entry SportCarHorn) not found in the list of active addons.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

anders_s_guns

Addon anders_s_guns (entry TruckHorn2) not found in the list of active addons.

anders_s_guns

Seems to be a problem with car horns, but I always get an error on it before any mission.

It is mostly a BI config issue. The only thing you can do is not to touch these three in a sound replacement mod.

Need help iam newbie in six updater i prefer addon sync . How to put link to Six updater ?

Need help iam newbie in six updater i prefer addon sync . How to put link to Six updater ?
I don't understand mate... :confused:

Status report:

- Coughing stamina sounds are gone. Just breathing. Also lowered the volume for those sounds.

- Fixed all configs as they should've looked like. I guess Im also getting rid of the vehicle horn -sounds then.

- All new ACE sounds for all ACE rifles and SMG's. If there's more you want me to modify, let me know concerning ACE.

Yeah, let me know if there's more you wish that I should work on. I'll try to release the next update that have no more bugs or missing sounds aswell...

Cheers....

Did you rework the M240 sounds?
Nah, hows the m249 sounds? Ok, ill try to make some powerful shotsound for the m240. I've checked the video u sent me, but videos on utube sucks. But i agree i shall make new sounds for it. When i stood 10 feets away when recording an m240 My Heart was literally about to pop out. So ill try to make it to sound like that ingame aswell, but it's once again not the same ingame as in reality. Sadly. :/

"Sounds for rolling on ground and jump sounds. (Finally) Thx Robalo for the help! Note: that CBA is required for these sounds to work!

- New sounds for bodyfalls wich plays randomly with rifledrop on the ground."

I want to give you a big sloppy kiss for this! So annoying seeing someone hit the ground silently after playing OPF:R for years.

Get rid of the coughing. It's bad enough that B.I. thinks every soldier is a mal-nourished geek who can't run 50 meters, but adding emphysema to the equation is going too far.

I think the Warrior's auto-cannon's rounds don't make an impacting explosion sound.

The small arms sound pretty darn good, though the M9 pistol sounds like more of a beast than the .45. A good rule of thumb that you seem to have already grasped is the bigger the caliber, the more bass in the delivery.

The M107 sounds like an artillery gun.

Edited by Uziyahu--IDF

Anders, I love this mod. It's my sound mod of choice and I recommend it to all of my friends.

For some reason the sound on the Apache's M230 sounds off to me. It sounds too deep. That could just be because the videos I've watched on youtube are usually not made with the highest quality gear, but there it is.

Is the sound you used for it something you actually recorded in the field, or custom built?

Here's some of the videos I'm talking about. Not the best examples for getting audio samples, I know, but they give you the general idea of the sound.

I see that you've already removed the coughing sounds, so sorry about that. I thought the M240 shot sound was pretty good.

The hostage rescue in "Proof of Life" might be a good source for an M249 sound. I actually have that recorded, already, somewhere, if you're interested.

I was running around on Lingor Island and the footsteps seemed to be landing on a too-solid surface. Might be a problem with Lingor?

Frag grenade explosion sound seemed a bit weak. Might need the volume increased or another sound effect, altogether.

These are just a few things. Considering how "fuzzy" making a good sound mod can be, I think you've done a fine job making sounds for most of the small arms.

Great mod!! Only issue is if you designh a mission it become dependent on it. Anyway to make optional so only servers have it but not necessarily clients?

For some reason the sound on the Apache's M230 sounds off to me. It sounds too deep. That could just be because the videos I've watched on youtube are usually not made with the highest quality gear, but there it is.

Is the sound you used for it something you actually recorded in the field, or custom built?

1. its an soundengine problem , you cant use two different sounds for internal and external view(yet?, that could be an competition!) so you have to make a compromise between them.

2. No sound modder will tell you that, its like an business secret ;)

Anders, I love this mod. It's my sound mod of choice and I recommend it to all of my friends.

Here's some of the videos I'm talking about. Not the best examples for getting audio samples, I know, but they give you the general idea of the sound.

Nah, the M230 is just custom built... Yeah, I'm having a look at the chopper guns now.. Still cant get the damn minigun sounds to work... :confused: