Sign in to follow this  
minimalaco

Realtime immersive - Militar simulator cryengine

So if it comes in january 2012 why do they demonstrate VBS2 in december 2011?

Let me make a really wild guess here - I think one month is not enough to develop a competition to VBS2. Especially considering that they've scrapped CryEngine already once.

I also really want to see that link with the already replaced CryEngine replacing VBS2 again in a few weeks.

metalcraze, are you aware that U.S Special Forces are already using a multiplayer simulation developed by Realtime Immersive?

I guess you will provide a link, hopefully with a demonstration of something else but special effects, just like you provided a link for DSTS?

So you post some old article where a dude craps his pants over CryEngine's graphics?

Maybe you didn't understand what I've meant let me rephrase it for you:

Give me a link that clearly shows the working application of CryEngine in the military training, not crappy PR aimed at everyone but the military.

So you post some old article where a dude craps his pants over CryEngine's graphics?

Maybe you didn't understand what I've meant let me rephrase it for you:

Give me a link that clearly shows the working application of CryEngine in the military training, not crappy PR aimed at everyone but the military.

I already posted a video of the virtual Landing Helicopter Dock Ship using CryEngine 3, and like all my other posts you were quick to criticize. It's clear your not interested in engaging in constructive discussion, you have nothing to offer but criticism so I won't bother to continue posting links here.

btw. OA 1.60 and A3 AI by default is quite good

for CBQ and team fight You can deploy nice FSM (community already proved it can be done by simple and complex scripts)

and cause that might be not enough , Xaitment AI was implemented into VBS2 exactly for resolving the deficiency of AI in complex indoors and outdoors and other special behavior ...

anyway imagine the amount of resources spent on the 'marketing tech videos' instead on the simulation itself ...

I already posted a video of the virtual Landing Helicopter Dock Ship using CryEngine 3

So what? It didn't show anything but a static scenery without anything.

I can easily post you a video of soldiers training with VBS2 but you can't post the same with CE right?

And here's the demonstration of VBS2 for you

But why is that dude talking trying to teach soldiers something? There gotta be explosions and shader effects everywhere!

anyway imagine the amount of resources spent on the 'marketing tech videos' instead on the simulation itself ...

That's Cevat Yerli for you. He thinks that if he can make usual people believe that showing graphics is enough for everything which is all CryTek does since 2001 - it will work on military as well.

Edited by metalcraze

DSTS also licensed it. We now know how it ended.

Judging by the date on that article without any new news related to that in a year - it went nowhere for Nova as well.

Licensing is one thing.

Or I guess with CryEngine you just press a button and it turns into the most realistic simulation ever?

Military was also licensing Unreal Engine back in the day. The only application it ever managed to produce is America's Army which is a CS clone for the casual gamer.

Edited by metalcraze

btw. OA 1.60 and A3 AI by default is quite good

for CBQ and team fight You can deploy nice FSM (community already proved it can be done by simple and complex scripts)

and cause that might be not enough , Xaitment AI was implemented into VBS2 exactly for resolving the deficiency of AI in complex indoors and outdoors and other special behavior ...

^This

I bet those Videos are quite expensive.

(And BTW think of what Xaitment could do for Arma 3. I really hope that you guys somehow manage to get it into the game :( )

Ok firstly, metalcraze, it's quite clear you know nothing about cryengine 3. You should look up atleast 1 video about cryenigne capabilities before you post your wrong facts here.

The AI are not as dumb and scripted as those in Call Of Duty. Realize tThat they are a thousand better than those in Arma2/VBS2, they know how to duck, get behind cover, react to unexpected objects such as dead bodies, flank and actually have the brains to use tactics. I'm not going to post you any links, if you're not motivated enough to take your time researching this on your own then I have no idea what the hell you are doing here trying to compare and contrast the two programs with out even knowing the basics.

Most of you here are criticizing cryengine 3 for the lack of weapon recoil, ballistics and weapon animations etc. Now bear in mind cryengine can achive more accurate ballistics and animations if they want, but i fail to understand the significance behind it all. If you look closely at the the VBS2 demonstration at I/ITSEC you will notice that it looks laggy and not fluid at all, wouldn't this make an accurate ballistics system even harder to use? This is a procedure simulator not a Firing Range, when i wan't to practice my shooting skills i will go there and not use a friggin game haha.

Now other points, cryengine's amazing visuals and sounds are a huge plus. The atmosphere and looks will resemble real life. You are able to see differently coloured patches of ground where earth has obviously recently been excavated:confused::eek:. You are also able to see footsteps in the sand and brushed aside shrubbery where a hostile has been hiding. How being able to see an IED blatantly resting on top of a bland flat out terrain'd land such as that in VBS2 will prepare you for real life is beyond me. I wan't to be able to feel the suspense and fear (something I know VBS can't give you) when our perimeters at Outpost Restrepo are about to be over run by taliban, or when a 2000lb jdam is about to explode far too close to me and my men because of a mistake i made. Get what im saying?:j:

^This

I bet those Videos are quite expensive.

(And BTW think of what Xaitment could do for Arma 3. I really hope that you guys somehow manage to get it into the game :( )

10 cans of fine beer that this won't happen, through, I well be happy to bet on the wrong side :D

Why want my last reply posted?????????? Is the admin a one of a kind arma fanboy??!!

Why want my last reply posted?????????? Is the admin a one of a kind arma fanboy??!!

No, but it would be much easier to know what you mean if you cut down on the question and exclamation marks and polish your English :rolleyes:

I doubt the admins have taken time off from their Christmases to ensure that everything you attempt to post is vetted and discarded, thats not how the forum works.

Try and post it again instead of jumping to conclusions.

it said the comment was pending approval, so i guess I'll try waiting a bit. I'll post it again later if nothing happens.

The AI are not as dumb and scripted as those in Call Of Duty. Realize tThat they are a thousand better than those in Arma2/VBS2, they know how to duck, get behind cover, react to unexpected objects such as dead bodies, flank and actually have the brains to use tactics.

weird cause this can do even AI in OA :)

and VBS2 has even further improved the AI FSMs ....

let me guess You never had VBS2 1.5+ in hand ...

If you look closely at the the VBS2 demonstration at I/ITSEC you will notice that it looks laggy and not fluid at all, wouldn't this make an accurate ballistics system even harder to use? This is a procedure simulator not a Firing Range, when i wan't to practice my shooting skills i will go there and not use a friggin game haha.

why is VBS2 is the industry standard for serious game training simulator in armies of NATO and other major countries?

Now other points, cryengine's amazing visuals and sounds are a huge plus. The atmosphere and looks will resemble real life. I wan't to be able to feel the suspense and fear (something I know VBS can't give you)

for real life training You need real life exercise, You don't get soldiers from people sitting behind fancy multi-screen system and dancing within simulator with fancy VR gadgets ...

the purpose of serious training game is prepare soldier to memorize the steps he need, the base shape of terrain, the urban area he goes in etc.

he don't need and must not be distracted by fancy graphics

(soldier! stop staring on that falling snow flake glittering in sunrays! there is firefight going on!)

also no real-time engine can produce photo-realistic visuals, period ...

not to mention each time You increase the bar to photorealism, you increase costs1. hardware 2. software 3. assets (textures, shaders, models, etc.)

improved graphics yes as steady progress, but with some common sense applied first

if the armies and government agencies wanted ARMA 2/OA or ARMA 3 visuals already they would get them if ordered ...

... sometimes ... one must wonder ... from where ... all the experts ... came...

oh ... the interwebz :D

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

your post was auto-moderated , that's normal antispam feature

^This, this and this. Training simulators aren't supposed to look like real life, they're supposed to accurately replicate real life tactics and strategies so the soldiers don't get their helmets blasted off in the field.

Also, before going around posting factoids such as "RTI AI is over thousand more than VBS/Arma AI because they do X", try finding some evidence to support them. And not press releases, either :p

"VBS2 plays an important role by providing a ubiquitous, low-cost training system for kinetic and non-kinetic skills. Soldiers use it to practice missions and hone team effectiveness, communications and decision-making abilities, Dubow says. But the Army is always looking for better graphics, increased ease of use and larger terrain boxes, or the visual space in which activity can take place.

The CryEngine technology used in Dismounted Soldier helps create precise images and sounds in an effort to make troops feel as if they were in battle at a specific location. But Intelligent Decisions, its partners and the Army are quick to note that they are not building a video game.

"We're leveraging that technology," West says. "We have to add realism on top of it." Intelligent Decisions sought input from a subject matter expert who had been involved in more than 20 firefights and 50 missions while imbedded with the Afghan National Army.

"We brought him in to make sure the system was as real as possible," West says. "The first time I showed this to him, he said he was having flashbacks it was so real."

http://www.techzone360.com/news/2011/12/15/5997668.htm

the CryEngine "stood out among it's peers". For example IED defeat training is highly based on visual clues, such as the changes of color in concrete and that of disturbed soil. The Crytek gaming engine was the only one capable of such photorealistic image fidelity.

http://issuu.com/halldale/docs/mst_5_2011

But the gfx of RTI somehow still manage to feel game-ishly beauty instead of photorealistic, got to ask what they define as "photorealistic"

But the gfx of RTI somehow still manage to feel game-ishly beauty instead of photorealistic, got to ask what they define as "photorealistic"

There is no doubting that the CryEngine is capable of creating photorealistic environments, but I would expect that the level of detail put into each different training scenario would depend on how important visual clues are.

I can make a photorealistic scene in my own developed game engine.

One problem though, it displays at 0.0001 frames per hour.

But, like, it's still a game... A very slow game...