Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

Theres a new MP video buts just the same stuff as before but with a bunch of "Awards" it received flashing over the gameplay.

They'll be handing out invites like candy soon enough.

More then likely sites like Fileplanet will be suckering people into paying for access like they did with Crysis.

There's alot of BF3 alpha footage on the web, that has been "leaked" by players who have fraps installed. DICE doesn't seem too bothered by it, though.

They already did the takedown thing, It generated a lot of hype which was it's purpose.

No need to do it again.

They're probably confident that the game looks and runs well enough that alpha footage would be good free advertising. Of course, if people in general started pointing out major flaws and generating negative buzz, they would have that shit taken down faster than the average COD kiddie can rub one out.

I'm still quite unimpressed.

Same here , i will wait for their "Beta" version to try out , if that will be bad ,then i will stick with new RO and arma 2 :)

Waiting for some Conquest mode footage with 64 players, jets, "lots" vehicles, "large" maps and so on...

Anyone here got an Alpha test invite? They are going out at the mo.

I'll let you know how it plays, remember it is an Alpha so I'm not expecting too much, just get a feel for the game play.

Anyone here got an Alpha test invite? They are going out at the mo.

I'll let you know how it plays, remember it is an Alpha so I'm not expecting too much, just get a feel for the game play.

I got it.

I'm more looking forward to Red Orchestra 2 than this. It's gonna be filled with kiddies, just like COD too.

What I liked about RO is that even when it starts out when no one is working together people will start using teamwork later on. It starts to suck when you constantly die from the same machine gun nest. What are you going to do? Use teamwork and dispatch it.

CoD doesnt use teamwork, ever. Battlefield sometimes does use it but not alot. Need a health pack? Here. But thats pretty much it.

Battlefield 2142 is much better at that, especially Titan mode.

0x9m58Vol1c

Battlefield 2142 never got the attention BF2 got because of the future setting

even though it's not a pew pew lasers type of future.

The smaller player base might have helped in that way.

The weapons, vehicles, kits and unlock system are much more balanced to encourage teamwork.

As one of the commenters says on the Youtube video above. "It's Conquest with a purpose".

Edited by jblackrupert

I'm more looking forward to Red Orchestra 2 than this. It's gonna be filled with kiddies, just like COD too.

Just get 3 other friends and play. I ran into a lot of people on BC2 who only cared about their KDR and not about W/L R. If you get a ground of 3 others and use teamwork, as long as the other team isn't working together you 4 will change the tide of the battle. I set up a team with 3 others on the alpha and we average 5 wins to 1 loss now.

CoD doesnt use teamwork, ever. Battlefield sometimes does use it but not alot. Need a health pack? Here. But thats pretty much it.

Exactly, yet people seem to go on and on about it being the greatest tactical shooter ever...

Its not that good.

The same goes for PR, sadly. I guess it's the a matter of gamers generation and mod scale.

jblackrupert - I think I'm going to repurchase Battlefield 2142 Deluxe Edition on Origin now! :D

God I've missed that game...

I didn't like that mechanic of marking the enemy, or whatever it's called, in BFBC2. When you can press something and an icon appears over the enemy so everyone on your team can recognize him and where he is.

Is that gonna be in B3 also ?

I didn't like that mechanic of marking the enemy, or whatever it's called, in BFBC2. When you can press something and an icon appears over the enemy so everyone on your team can recognize him and where he is.

3D Spotting, And yes, It's in BF3.

Need a health pack? Here. But thats pretty much it.

And that happens rarely.... I have to shoot the floor or even shoot them before they even realise they have a job to do as medic....

---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:32 ----------

Play in hardcore mode, that feature and many others are gone :cool:

jblackrupert - I think I'm going to repurchase Battlefield 2142 Deluxe Edition on Origin now! :D

God I've missed that game...

Yepp-been playing hell of alot lately, and also winter Karkand :cool:

shootherecopymediumsmal.jpg

Select hardcore mode, problem solved.

ArmA has autoaim. It is all about the difficulty settings.