Sign in to follow this  
msy

If there will be a free DLC for Christmas gift?

Sure you can, but you'd have to kill us all then, amiright?

Kiowa or some proper US Army trucks would be sweet. :)

Dear god yes. I was surprised there was no Kiowa in OA actually. I was sure there would be when I heard it focused on the US Army.
Yeah, would love to have it too, please please. :D

I know that ,but i cant tell :p sry

You sure know how to keep a secret... by just keeping quiet....

I hope it's true... AND SOON!

And for the Christmas gift from BIS... Maybe will see some rein-deers and maybe a slide...flying around Chernarus or Takistan.

Well if they really gives us a christmas gift that I am really happy with may be i will go ahead and buy PMC in return:p

I would like to have a takiban Santa. (You know with red coat and everything but a black beard and so on.) I woud also be happy with a flying sledge that has an unlimited ammount of Bom..... "presents" ^^

Free DLC? A patch is free, and it is downloadable. :p

Kiowa or some proper US Army trucks would be sweet.

M939s, not the ugly-arse FLTVs. ;)

I wonder why there´s not a poll where BIS can see what the com wants most in next DLC or a patch. A fully working 3D Editor would be so awesome...we allready have it, so polishing it would be less work as anything else i guess! Nobody could complain, "uhhh nobody wants PMC blabla", if it was a community vote.

For those requesting more FPS for Christmas:

http://www.downloadmoreram.com/

Just download 4 GB ( 2 x 2 GB )

* 240-pin DIMM

* DDR2 800 MHz ( PC2-6400 )

for free!

(5,943 people like it on Facebook - how can it be a scam?)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A proper, working 3D editor would be great, but they've got to get over this issue they have with making people pay for content.

Look at how many were upset about the PMC campaign and everyone having the lite stuff. Lots of people saying 'hmmm, don't think I'll buy this - not enough content.' They already got given it, basically.

I think it's time to say, 'we want the opportunity to add some new features to the game engine, but we're afraid you'll have to pay for them if you want them.' Sure, a few people will say 'this isn't the same company who made OFP - screw you, Bis!'

Character1.jpg

They'd be shouted down, though, and they'd come round if the extra content was worth it.

Because, like RAM, work on content doesn't come free (If we're paying for it, it should come relatively bug-free though) !

Edited by Richey79

bit strange the front grip pic from fb hasn't been mentioned here yet then ;)

Ahead of a forthcoming official patch, ARMA 2 authorises a sneaky peak at an improvement lined up for deployment soonâ„¢...

Something that should of been in the DLC by default... -_-

Yeah, second that. It doesn´t make sense to introduce XM8 with frontgrip if the Soldiers don´t even use it

And I think its not cool for those who own Arma 2 and already had nice XM8s and didn´t buy PMC to have low res XM8 after the Patch...

Yeah, second that. It doesn´t make sense to introduce XM8 with frontgrip if the Soldiers don´t even use it

And I think its not cool for those who own Arma 2 and already had nice XM8s and didn´t buy PMC to have low res XM8 after the Patch...

That is fixed in upcoming patch ;)

So you guys are focussing on that part of the messsage?!

They are actually anouncing the next official patch, with some goodies(= improvements)!

Great! So looks like some people do get what they wish for!

goodies should be marines into oa environment with scrim helmet cover and desert marpat

Mebbe they should tweak guns that people actually use instead?

M14 w/ ACOG?

M60 w/ Elcan or Eotech and PEQ?

Hell yes.

They could add M14 with Acog ,but M60e4 with optics and PEQ no - because theres no rails on M60e4

Sure there are, check out the Mk43 (US Navy designation for M60E4). One of the main advantages of the E4 over its predecessors is the rail system. They just didn't model it sadly.

The MK43 Mod 0 is an improved model that was developed for the U.S. Navy SEALs in the 1990’s to replace their existing stock of M60E3 machine guns fitted with shorter "assault barrels". It has extra rails for mounting accessories, and a quick-change barrel.

http://www.navyseals.com/m60e3-mk43-mod-0

Sure ,but thats Mk43 with ris grip - look at Bis OA M60e4

arma2weapons_M60E4.jpg

Where you see rails? Theres no rails , because this is basic M60E4 , there exist M60e4 with rail on feedtray cover and with basic front grip like on bis oa m60e4

Edited by RobertHammer

Sure it would need a little modification, but it would be so worth it. Such a great gun that was added in OA, but only in one variant. Makes me sad :(

3817200499_a7a83da21b.jpg

Comparison

glossar_mk43mod0.jpg

glossar_mk43mod1.jpg

Edited by AnimalMother92

Yep no rails of course.

There will always be a modified version to fit a rail. Just like the AK's no rails, but something must be added in order for the Kobra Reflex Sight to be mounted

Hmmm, free DLC?

Don't you mean you want to see a new patch, coincidentally released close to Xmas, that contains new content, such as another island or few more units?

DLC is something you have to download manually which means everyone won't get it. Cant have units or islands then as everyone won't have it and you won't be able to join some servers, etc. BIS have been smarts by including free versions of all DLC content in their patches before the DLC is available.

So, just throw in a few new units or islands in next patch, no need to get greedy.

If it's standalone download, make it some nifty utility, like 3D Editor you can run standalone, or a game/mod launcher that trumps the rest. Maybe a program that lets you make your own faces easily or design your own squad logo.

I'd rather see huge discounts on Sprocket though. I'd rather see lots of people buy ArmA because it was cheap instead of me getting more stuff for free. For Xmas I'm giving my brother a copy of ArmA hoping he'll get into it...

Hmmm, free DLC?

Don't you mean you want to see a new patch, coincidentally released close to Xmas, that contains new content, such as another island or few more units?

DLC is something you have to download manually which means everyone won't get it. Cant have units or islands then as everyone won't have it and you won't be able to join some servers, etc. BIS have been smarts by including free versions of all DLC content in their patches before the DLC is available.

So, just throw in a few new units or islands in next patch, no need to get greedy.

If it's standalone download, make it some nifty utility, like 3D Editor you can run standalone, or a game/mod launcher that trumps the rest. Maybe a program that lets you make your own faces easily or design your own squad logo.

I'd rather see huge discounts on Sprocket though. I'd rather see lots of people buy ArmA because it was cheap instead of me getting more stuff for free. For Xmas I'm giving my brother a copy of ArmA hoping he'll get into it...

A content just like EW is my wish and this is a wish that is not absurd. Btw I am always buying and playing BIS's works since 2001 and I have full ARMA2 products now.