Sign in to follow this  
Gamerz

[Island] NG-Studio present "Isola di Capraïa"

Hi there

just downloaded the zip file, but it's corrupt for me, also the exe file don't work, I'm receiving an error message. Any mirrors where I could eventually download it?

thanks

kind regards

Try the zip again, shouldn't take long to re-download.

Try the zip again, shouldn't take long to re-download.

I tried it four times in a raw. The zip file should be around 60 MB but the zip file once downloaded is only 48 KB so there's definitely something wrong for me.

regards

I 've just checked both download and there 're Ok.

Sorry no mirror at the moment.

330519NGStudiologo200png.png

When you download the rar or exe, it's possible the file forget his extension, just rename setup to setup.exe or Capraia to capraia.rar !

Dl from armaholic worked. Downloading now.

thanks foxhound.

Thanks for sharing this terrain.

kind regards

Great job. Reminds me of OFP's Malden very much.

But there are some things I want to point out.

The performance in forests is too slow. Probably due to the heavy amount of grass there? Or maybe too many trees? Performance also drops heavily in the industrial area in between two hills with a road with a lot of trees stacked together

Capraia city needs more holes in walls (there are those walls with holes in OA). It's a city not a fortress.

Military base next to it needs to be moved/resized so a good part of it won't point downhill (considering that vehicles are supposedly to be stationed in that very part). I also can't find a way to open the gate there

Needs more military bases - there is enough of empty space for it. And a little more settlements by the sea.

Edited by metalcraze

I just had a look, and it's really really nice. Good work!

Great island, got some minor RPT errors:

first:

Updating base class House->House_EP1, by ca\structures_e\housek\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Terrace_K_1_EP1/

And when loading the island some :

ca\data\library\buoy.p3d: vehicle, config class missing

Not important because everything works, but wold be nice to get a clean RPT ^^.

magnifique île les gars good joob;) cette carte me fait penser à la Corse et à la Provance avec des nuances de terain desertique et de forêt:D

voila juste des petits trucs qui pourraient être sympa vous dites que c'est une île qui stock du matos militaires hors il y a un tout petit dêpot.

Il serai bien de rajouter des cimtières de véhicules militaires et d'avions pour donner un peu de vécu

Not possible !

I don't know why buoy have an error but for the Land terrace it's normal, In the config.cpp of capraia i've changed the property of this object ! It's not an error !

Thank you, but you should stay in English ;)

Fictional context is an idea of what this island could be. By the way, we didn't integrate a lot of objects to let the mission makers do their job and imagine themselves what they want.

We keep all your cmmments (rpt, objects etc etc) and will study this ;)

330519NGStudiologo200png.png

Really Good Job Gamerz and Nanucq

The map is the perfect to have the transition on Chernarus and Takistan

wow super island,now i hope some good mission maker create nice mission soon as possible cuz this island really deserve it ;)

Looks awesome!

The floating base needs a port base IMO, and maybe some huge large bridge or road to connect to the island, also without the hole in the midle

Really nice map! great work, i love the ground textures.. the island is very believable, my only small issue as i jumped around the map was lots of texture popping in the forest, congratulations :D

Congratulations. Had a quick flight in the evening, pretty big land mass. Nice villages and road network, but I miss a bit of the "stuff" to hide behind when under fire ;)

Congratulations for the release also from me :icon14: !

I really like all the new main spots on this island which gives me new ideas for some coops. Also the sat-data is well chosen and gives a really realistic feeling.

Two things need some improvement in my eyes:

• Overall the performance on this island is outstanding for me. Only in 'Capraia' , there are some performance drops because of the high density of big buildings. Perhaps some improvement is possible here.

• The crop-fields' clutter positioning in the area of 'Chiesa di San Paolina' differs a bit from the sat-image. Perhaps a clear delimitation of the clutter to the contiguous area around the fields or another way of cluttering would be better.

As I said, really a great island so far. The two little things I mentioned are not so important + the only things which attracted my attention for improvement after a quick visit of all main-scenarios of the island.

Edited by WillaCHilla

After a bit more running around - you definitely should make forests a little less dense. And not only due to it improving the performance there.

There some quite awkward looking forests - like in some there is just a single model of tree just copy pasted all too much (make it less dense and it won't be as noticeable) and in some there are very small trees growing together with high ones which is quite awkward and not really realistic.

Saying that - there is a noticeable number of islands coming out for AA2 and OA but this one I really liked in quite a while.

Have to say that this is the most beatifull map for arma I've ever seen, it doesn't have too much clutter and looks very realistic and paradise like. Outstanding work.