Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: British Armed Forces, version 1.02 - Patch released

• Improved AI of Her Majesty's soldiers
  • Numerous functionality fixes and improvements

Note: wiki pages are in constant flux of updates ;)

ARMA 2.com news entry on ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead patch: http://www.arma2.com/latest-news/arma-2-titles-enlarged-by-new-pack-of-patches_en.html

Download:

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=20&id=443%3Aarma-2-british-armed-forces-update-1-00-to-1〈=

also part of patch 1.57 so if You apply full patch then no need download standalone one for BAF

Patch details : http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_2:BAF_Patch_v1.02

Full version history : http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_British Armed Forces:_Version_History

Previous thread related to BAF 1.01 :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=109872

Edited by Dwarden

BAF-lite is patched with 1.56 aswell

BAF-lite is patched with 1.56 aswell

i do not understand, do owners of baf (not just baf-lite) need to download this?

i cannot find download links so am guessing this patch is included in 1.56. but if so, then why make a separate thread?

i do not understand, do owners of baf (not just baf-lite) need to download this?

i cannot find download links so am guessing this patch is included in 1.56. but if so, then why make a separate thread?

From the ArmA2 website:

Arma 2:OA 1.56 update includes the 1.02 BAF update.

Why would you only update BAF and not the game to 1.56?

Edited by sparks50

everyone has BAF-lite thus when e.g. IF config bug is fixed THEN it's fixed in the main patch (e.g. 1.56)

so the patch notes actually apply to both BAF-lite and BAF-full except situations related to only Full content ...

gotcha?

Why would you only update BAF and not the game to 1.56?

If you install/buy Full baf after the 1.56 patch.

Has anyone more info on what is meant by 'Backpacks are now usable in editor'?

Cheers

GC

hello everyone,

i would like to point out that CIT was updated to make covering of bugs in DLCs easier

e.g. see Roadmap list (that are just open tickets seen by default)

http://dev-heaven.net/versions/show/875

now if You posting new issue http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/issues/new

You can select it's related to specific DLC content which makes it easier to track

seems to me like in BAF the M249 SAW / FN Minimi used by the brits in BAF has too much muzzle climb / recoil... When compared to the M249 SAW used by the US army troops. This is very well noticed in the standing and kneeling positions, with the US M249 it is not hard to hit close by targets at this stance... IE: less than 100m. However, with the British version it seems that because of the recoil / muzzle climb hitting targets up close is utterly pointless with full auto and even burst spray... Only remedy is to go prone or fire single shots.

However, with the M249 used by US army troops you can use any stance and still be relatively accurate and for longer engagement distances you will need to go prone because you can notice how the recoil effects your fire at greater ranges. However, with that said the weapon is still very formidable at close ranges when standing or kneeling. The problem is that the British one is not for some strange reason, the 2 configs are different apparently. Shouldn't you have just copied the US config and used that for the brits?

BIS please fix this in a patch. Thx

I have a similar question to the above: I have Combined Ops patched to 1.57. I then bought and installed BAF from Sprocket a couple of weeks ago.

Do I have to patch BAF to 1.02, or is the Sprocket download pre-patched?

Thanks,

OP

I had the CO installed and patched already. I then bought BAF

-OP

I have the same question as *Old_Painless

Just bought BAF....

Do I have to update whole game again with 1.57 patch or just apply BAF 1.2 patch? Or is BAF on Sprocket already fixed to 1.2 ver?

Thank you for answer.

Same question here. It would be really nice if someone could give a definite answer. What happens if you are up to date with Arrowhead, and after that you buy the DLC? Do you have to download something, reapply the latest full patch? What's the deal?

In my particular case, I've got CO 1.59 and last week I bought BAF & PMC from Sprocket. Do I have to do something?

No, you dont need to do nothing read Readme file in patch v.159

ARMA 2 BAF 1.00 to 1.02 if necessary.

ARMA 2 PMC 1.00 to 1.01 if necessary.

But if you think somthing is wrong you can always instal patch 1.59 or wait for 1.60

No, you dont need to do nothing read Readme file in patch v.159

ARMA 2 BAF 1.00 to 1.02 if necessary.

ARMA 2 PMC 1.00 to 1.01 if necessary.

But if you think somthing is wrong you can always instal patch 1.59 or wait for 1.60

I'm sorry, but you are missing the point here. Everyone understand by now that full patch 1.59 will update DLCs also. But the case is what if, you buy the DLCs AFTER your game is already patched.

I'm sorry, but you are missing the point here. Everyone understand by now that full patch 1.59 will update DLCs also. But the case is what if, you buy the DLCs AFTER your game is already patched.

I didn't have a problem with that. I got PMC and BAF after I had already patched all the way and then I patched each of those. It is required because initially I didn't have the extra PMC scenarios.

OK then. If you buy the DLCs after you're up to date with the latest full patch, you have to download and apply the individual patches for the DLCs. Thanks for the clarification.

yes, that's why DLC patches are provied on the Download website, to be able patch Your DLCs if you bought them after you installed the last patch

yes, that's why DLC patches are provied on the Download website, to be able patch Your DLCs if you bought them after you installed the last patch

Thanks, always nice to have an official word on this.