Sign in to follow this  
columdrum

Revive script for ACE2 Wounding system [V1.5]

I have tried only bandage, only epi, and a bunch of different combos, but only after all have been applied does it work. and sometimes you need more of some item.

this it when the target is "dead" and only held alive by this script.

Stop bleeding first. Next, morphine followed by epinephrine. This way, they revive into a more-or-less healed state. First aid may then be required.

A formula that always works for me:

- Bandages as needed

- ONE Morphine

- ONE Epinephrine

- First Aid

Edited by Harzach

Yep Harzach it's right, be aware that last ace version allows you to apply morphine and epi even if the wounded soldier doesn't need it ( Overdoses!) , so read carefully what the soldier needs on the top right corner description after hitting examine( bleeding= bandage, pain = morphine, unconscious= ephi). If you still have troubles to revive after that, you may have a addon/script conflict somewhere( all players are running same addons and versions?) :S

For some reason i am not getting the Respawn Buttons , i have double checked the Markers are on the map but still no Respawn , then if i respawn using the ESC i spawn to 0,0,0 which looks like the marker does not exist ?

It looks like the screen flashes after 10 sec but no buttons come up, have you any idea why or how to fix this?

EDit:- OK worked it out if i set

ace_sys_wounds_withSpect = false;

I do not get the Respawn buttons anymore ? I did before I used the latest version!

Weird maybe there have been changes on the spectator script on lastest ace versions, i will check it and fix if needed on the next version( soon TM :P)

Thanks for the reminder about overdoses, columdrum. I have edited my post for clarity.

OK, got another requirement for this script that I can't figure out.

I'd just like the following:

1. Players can die and be respawned infinitely.

2. Players will remain down and be able to be revived indefinitely (forever).

3. No respawn of players.

I just CANNOT get this to work!

Thanks,

Ian

Stop bleeding first. Next, morphine followed by epinephrine. This way, they revive into a more-or-less healed state. First aid may then be required.

A formula that always works for me:

- Bandages as needed

- ONE Morphine

- ONE Epinephrine

- First Aid

I will follow this in the future, thanks a lot everyone!

OK got the Medivac working now , no idea why it did not before but all works!

1 thing when it is shot down as that happened when playing , should it respawn ?

^psvialli - no you would have to add some other script to respawn it or set it as captive, invulnerable, etc.

When you are in the helo you should get an option on your mouse wheel menu to return to base.

And the helo if doesnt see the green smoke( you should throw it BEFORE he arrives) it considers a hot extraction point and just hovers like 1m above ground, but you should be able to get in. If it sees the smoke, it will completelly land there.

Btw i m still thinking on releasing a final version, it just that i never get in the mood to end it :)

Thanks for this great script... if you're thinking of releasing a final version I've found a few issues:

1 - Sometimes if you don't throw the green smoke the chopper will still land or hover but you get no "All ready.. GO GO!!" message in the scroll wheel (obviously I don't have the exact text :p) and the chopper just sits there

2 - More than once I've experienced getting in the chopper, scroll wheel GO, and the chopper just sits for a few minutes.. then magically teleports back to it's starting point.. like it's taken the time required to fly back there but doesn't actually do any flying

3 - I can't remember if I've seen this more than once but after calling in the medevac chopper and it returning to base I cannot call it a second time (ACE menu option is there it just tells me that medevac is not available at the moment)

Have others experienced these issues? If so I'd be willing to help troubleshoot the problems as I think this is an excellent script and adds some much needed functionality to missions. If not perhaps it's just my own idiocy and I'll crawl back into my hole :p

I amd doing some changes on the medevac right now(now its fully PvP compatible, since each side can have their medevac), but no, i have never seem the issues you describe. The teleporting thing i may know what caused that, when the chopper lands at base, after a few seconds if the chopper lands too far from the initial point it gets teleported to the right position, since the AI sometimes landed on silly places and i thought it was better having a 1 second unrealistic teleport than a weirdly landed chopper at base :P.

Also on lastest versions(meaning for example the current public release) the choopper should land without the smoke, but if you don't throw green smoke the chooper considers it a hot extraction so it just keeps hovering, while if you launch green smoke it totally lands and stops it's engine. Still you should have the return to base option in both cases. I will investigate what could be failing there, thx for the report.

As its taking me longer than I spected, to end this final release, i may post a beta release soon so the final release could be as much bug free as posible. As i said i am thinking on implementing this last wave of features and leave this script till arma3/ACE3, but i will still always fix any bug that could appear with ACE or arma updates.

Edit: it would help if you send me a way to reproduce those issues unless they where totally random, as i haven't been able to reproduce them

Edited by columdrum

^psvialli - no you would have to add some other script to respawn it or set it as captive, invulnerable, etc.

Thanks for this great script... if you're thinking of releasing a final version I've found a few issues:

1 - Sometimes if you don't throw the green smoke the chopper will still land or hover but you get no "All ready.. GO GO!!" message in the scroll wheel (obviously I don't have the exact text :p) and the chopper just sits there

2 - More than once I've experienced getting in the chopper, scroll wheel GO, and the chopper just sits for a few minutes.. then magically teleports back to it's starting point.. like it's taken the time required to fly back there but doesn't actually do any flying

3 - I can't remember if I've seen this more than once but after calling in the medevac chopper and it returning to base I cannot call it a second time (ACE menu option is there it just tells me that medevac is not available at the moment)

Have others experienced these issues? If so I'd be willing to help troubleshoot the problems as I think this is an excellent script and adds some much needed functionality to missions. If not perhaps it's just my own idiocy and I'll crawl back into my hole :p

This is the same issue I had - posted a few pages back , I did not pop smoke as I did not have any , it was a Hot LZ i got in but no options to leave hence stuck there.

Just having an issue with Medivac , it come out no problem hovers , i throw green smoke but it never lands , however i can jump in as it is low but how can i get it to go back to base , as i get no options ?

Thanks

I amd doing some changes on the medevac right now(now its fully PvP compatible, since each side can have their medevac), but no, i have never seem the issues you describe. The teleporting thing i may know what caused that, when the chopper lands at base, after a few seconds if the chopper lands too far from the initial point it gets teleported to the right position, since the AI sometimes landed on silly places and i thought it was better having a 1 second unrealistic teleport than a weirdly landed chopper at base :P.

Also on lastest versions(meaning for example the current public release) the choopper should land without the smoke, but if you don't throw green smoke the chooper considers it a hot extraction so it just keeps hovering, while if you launch green smoke it totally lands and stops it's engine. Still you should have the return to base option in both cases. I will investigate what could be failing there, thx for the report.

As its taking me longer than I spected, to end this final release, i may post a beta release soon so the final release could be as much bug free as posible. As i said i am thinking on implementing this last wave of features and leave this script till arma3/ACE3, but i will still always fix any bug that could appear with ACE or arma updates.

Edit: it would help if you send me a way to reproduce those issues unless they where totally random, as i haven't been able to reproduce them

Thanks for the reply!!

I'll try and make a simple repro with no other addons or fancy scripts (other than ACE obviously)..anytime I've tried and seen those issues it's been with a bunch of mods (although none I can think of that would conflict).. maps, ASR_AI, TWPC Supp and TWP LOS, etc. and usually some kind of AI script like UPSMON or DAC. It's possible that it is something to do with my setup although I see psvialli has experienced the 'no option to tell the chopper to go' problem.

If you need some testing help otherwise just fire me a PM I can give it a go on a dedi with a group of players.

PS: Sometimes we cheat and use the medevac as a transport chopper :o

Ought to roll this in with the ACE wounding system as a module or something; would be greatly useful for mission makers to have it as an easily-available module rather than a set of scripts!

From a comment in your configuration file I would like to inform you that my group makes very good use of setting the number of lives to 1. You see, we like to play coop missions without respawn but your mod solves whole other problem for us. It allows us to do JIP. And it prevents the loss of a player slot if a player loses connection and wishes to reconnect. Thank you for making this great script, we spent quite a long time trying to figure out how to tackle this problem before we found your script.

Could i kindly request a Respawn on the chopper if you are tinkering with it :)

Done, helis can be now by side, and you can enable its respawn ( respawn time configurable)

Ought to roll this in with the ACE wounding system as a module or something; would be greatly useful for mission makers to have it as an easily-available module rather than a set of scripts!

Fun fact, from the first version there have been a module version of this script, and we are actually using it, but i never ended the integration with advanced modules(see my signature) that i wanted before public release. About the integration with ACE, i doubt it, i think that this script its a bit outside of the ACE's Goals and Scope, but i can release it as an additional addon anyways.

From a comment in your configuration file I would like to inform you that my group makes very good use of setting the number of lives to 1. You see, we like to play coop missions without respawn but your mod solves whole other problem for us. It allows us to do JIP. And it prevents the loss of a player slot if a player loses connection and wishes to reconnect. Thank you for making this great script, we spent quite a long time trying to figure out how to tackle this problem before we found your script.

Wow, nice to know, i never tought someone would use it with that settings :P

About the next release, its almost finished for like a month or so, but i never got the time to end with the documentation of the new features and testing it :P

any ETA on the next release ?

Also did you fix the Extraction Issue where you do not get the option to go back to base , as i had it again last night , its when you do not pop Smoke , as i had run out , the heli just hovered and i was sitting in it but did not get the options.

Thanks for the Hei re spawn that will come in handy as the do get shot down from time to time :)

And here it its a release 1.9.8:

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?czxlz8b7fbxejan

<> Changelog 1.9.8:

* Fixed various bugs on medevac scripts

* Fixed respawn buttons not working correctly on @ACE Build 577 or above(just a visual annoyance, if you had more than 4 respawn points)

+ Both AI medics and medevacs can be asigned to a side, so now its totally PvP compatible

+ Added a new option to enable medevac heli respawn, respawn timer configurable.

+ Added wave respawn(experimental), the results should be similar to what you get with games like the old battlefield's games. Instead off based on the time of player death there is respawn each X time.

+ You can enable mission ending if everybody on X side its death or unconscious. Also you can enable a option to kill players/force respawn if there is no way he can be revived( no other alive player IE)

I pushed this instead of 2.0 final because it was taking too long. I still hope to release the final version + module/addon version this month, so please if you find any bug report it ASAP ^^. Also the documentation right now its a bit WIP. I will try to improve it on the final release ;).

The only missing feature its the new option that will allow to improve user-data saving, right now it only saves it on user disconnect, but because of this bug https://dev-heaven.net/issues/35827 (btw this would also help not only me but a lot of other persistance scripts: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/39421) its not totally reallyable under heavy server load. Final version will have an option to save the data on a configurable interval, and will store backpack contents. It would be only for JIP, so it will be stored on server variables( no database) just as the current implementation, and since it will increase the trafic a bit, it will be just a configurable option ;).

Besides that and the module version i don't have much more to do with this addon/script. Hope that you like all the new features :P

any ETA on the next release ?

Also did you fix the Extraction Issue where you do not get the option to go back to base , as i had it again last night , its when you do not pop Smoke , as i had run out , the heli just hovered and i was sitting in it but did not get the options.

Thanks for the Hei re spawn that will come in handy as the do get shot down from time to time :)

Its already fixed.

Edited by columdrum

Thanks for the update columdrum.

I have a problem with the respawn buttons. If you disable the spectator mode the respawn buttons don't appear after the time indicated in the config file. They work only when spectator mode is activated.

When you get badly injured and the time indicated in the configuration file passes, the mouse cursor appears and very briefly the map screen flashes an then almost instantly dissapears (just like another user pointed out in a previous page of this topic), this repeats after a while but the respawn button never appears and you end respawning automatically after you run out of time. I've triple checked the config and markers, so I think it's a problem coming with the latest ACE builds.

Thanks for the update columdrum.

I have a problem with the respawn buttons. If you disable the spectator mode the respawn buttons don't appear after the time indicated in the config file. They work only when spectator mode is activated.

When you get badly injured and the time indicated in the configuration file passes, the mouse cursor appears and very briefly the map screen flashes an then almost instantly dissapears (just like another user pointed out in a previous page of this topic), this repeats after a while but the respawn button never appears and you end respawning automatically after you run out of time. I've triple checked the config and markers, so I think it's a problem coming with the latest ACE builds.

Confirmed there have been some changes in the spectator dialog on @ACE Build 577 that fucked up the buttons but i forgot fo fix them also without spectator active. I suppose that i will release a quick hotfix for that, maybe next week. Or maybe i just wait till the full 2.0 final release, will see

@Columdrum

I just started using this script. So far I really like, nice work btw. I know it has already been mentioned but I was wondering if there was a work around for the respawn buttons appearing. The respawn buttons will appear the first time you are killed ,but after that they no longer use the time set in ace_sys_spectator_RevShowButtonTime = xx.

EDIT: Think I may have figured out one of the problems. I was not sure what to do with Colum_revive_WaveTime_Respawn=[100,375]; So I put it as Colum_revive_WaveTime_Respawn=[0,0]; This seems to have helped the respawn buttons appearing correctly now.

I have another question. I made a mobile respawn. It works fine, but how do I use the offset? Colum_revive_RespawnOffset= [0,0,0,0]; [x,y,z,?] or [?,x,y,z]. Is there a way to use the offset and actually respawn in the cargo position of a vehicle?

thanks,

Nomad

Edited by Nomadd

Nice script!

Noticed one typo in the English revive folder you have written "configuracion", it's supposed to be "Configuration" (for the config).

Just a head's up!

Or maybe thats just Spanish word for it idk... D:

Edited by TomClothier

Really REALLY great script

Thanks for all your hardwork and dedication

Can't wait for the PBO version.

That will make mission making so EASY.

Question

I can;t seem to get a mobile respawn working.

Do you have a sample mission with it in and working I could review to see what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

I am thinking back to the days or ARMA and Norin and the mobile respawn Medical vehicle that you could deploy a CamoTent type thing.

Is it even possible.

Again, This has been a real boon for myself and all my gaming buddies.

Cheers

Edited by Styxx42