Sign in to follow this  
columdrum

Revive script for ACE2 Wounding system [V1.5]

First of all, most of the code that uses this revive script it's inside ACE2, so most of the credits goes to ACE team and specially to Xeno && Sickboy for his great wounding module.

Features:

- Fully compatible with ACE wounding system, to be precise it doesn't work without it.

- Persistent lifes stored server side. So if you leave with X lives even if you reconnect you will have the same amount of lifes. Also other info like player position and gear can be saved on disconect.

- PvP ready, you can limit the messages, death markers, ... by side

- Mesages and map markers for wounded(configurable)

- Tested sucesfully in a lot of coop missions up to 50 players, and pvp misions up to 60 players.

- Integrated IA medevac. IA hospital zone, and medevac by heli.

This script only controls the number of lifes the messages and the markers, everythings else it's controled by ACE wounding system, so read ACE manual for more info about healling carrying wounded and all that stuff.

It has a lot of configurable options, read the readme and the comments on the config file for more info. Still it tries to use the less resources posible, there is no loops server-side and only one globalvariable used, so it's a really light revive script.

Download link:

http://188.165.197.222/colum_revive_20f.rar

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12937

(mirrors are welcome, includes english and spanish version).

Required Addons:

ACE2

Thanks to CHS comunity(no longer exist :() && UST101 for using it on all his missions and Arma2LA for all that feedback :D

Also thanks to =A2SM= Vladd for the russian translation.

Warning: This script only works fine in MP with IA disabled( i refer to "playable IAs", it works fine in coop missions :P), any other case it's not suported so you can have issues.

As always use at your own risk! :p . Any feedback would be welcome, sorry if the used english isn't totally correct, but as you can imagine it's not my language :P.

Original threath(spanish, no longer working):http://www.simulacion-esp.com/v3/topic/21106-script-de-revive-para-el-ace-ultima-version-16/

Edited by columdrum

Updated to 1.6, suport for medkits. Fixed, that when you respawned you wheren't totally healed.

Edited by columdrum

Thx for script !

It would be very cool if this is absolutely useful scripts would be an option for preservation of equipment after the revival. I mean, just under the ACE equipment when a player can be the gun in first slot, a grenade launcher in the second and a backpack with contents behind.

That there was an opportunity to save his player outfit, if it is revived without a medic at the point of revival.

it would be a script of my dreams and I think not only mine)

Thanks in advance.

Thx for script !

It would be very cool if this is absolutely useful scripts would be an option for preservation of equipment after the revival. I mean, just under the ACE equipment when a player can be the gun in first slot, a grenade launcher in the second and a backpack with contents behind.

That there was an opportunity to save his player outfit, if it is revived without a medic at the point of revival.

it would be a script of my dreams and I think not only mine)

Thanks in advance.

EDITED: Forget what i wrote, you should always preserve your equipement(all, on back weaon, backpack wih contents and everithing else), except if you use the game respawn button... but you shouldn't never use it , just wait for the respawn buttons to appear(if enabled obviously). So or i have understood you wrong or what you request it's already implemented :S, ¿Or you are suggesting to make it optional?

If that is the case i will try to implement something to penalize the use of the "game respawn button" or to preserve the equipement even when you use that button :P. If you lose the equipement without using the respawn button, post or PM me the repro steps and i will try to fix it.

Edited by columdrum

ok. found a couple of problems.

can not disable an observer in the config.

/ / If true, spectator will be activated wile uncons, if false you will see a black screen while uncons.

ace_sys_wounds_withSpect = true / false;

in any case include spectator mode.

second. If a player clicks on a review in the game menu, the script revives player with default weapons.

this is the biggest problem in my mission. Available weapons I have are strictly limited and players come into the game without weapons and ammunition.

and finally, when a player ends his life and takes on the waypoint boot_hill, includes spectator mode and you can not get out of it all, just completely shut Arma 2 using Alt F4.

I'm guessing Vidas means Lives?

I'm using the english version but it says Vidas in the hint :s

ok. found a couple of problems.

can not disable an observer in the config.

/ / If true, spectator will be activated wile uncons, if false you will see a black screen while uncons.

ace_sys_wounds_withSpect = true / false;

in any case include spectator mode.

second. If a player clicks on a review in the game menu, the script revives player with default weapons.

this is the biggest problem in my mission. Available weapons I have are strictly limited and players come into the game without weapons and ammunition.

and finally, when a player ends his life and takes on the waypoint boot_hill, includes spectator mode and you can not get out of it all, just completely shut Arma 2 using Alt F4.

Check de PM. I am investigating 1 && 2 and will fix it. 3 it's not a issue as i already told you, just a double esc solves it :P.

I'm guessing Vidas means Lives?

I'm using the english version but it says Vidas in the hint :s

Thanks!, it will be corrected on next release, i think that it may be time to make a stringtable or something, its pretty anoying search for all text and translate it one by one ;)

Version 1.6.1( hotfix) released. It correts the reported issues and other minor fixes.

ftp://ts.simulacion-esp.com/Revive16_1.rar

Changelog:

-Fixed ace_sys_wounds_withSpect not working correctly

-You will keep the weapons even if you press the "game respawn button", but it that case you will penalize lossing your ruck and one life( its on purpose, may be optional in next version).

-3 new configurable options, read de comments above then in the config file to know what they do.

-Fixed minor translation problem.

-Other minor bugfixes

I am cleaning up the code so i plan a new release for next week or maybe the next one :P. I have been busy last weeks.

Edited by columdrum

Any possible way to make this JIP compatible? I'm rather awful at scripting as it is combined with incomplete translations and I'm about entirely lost. Love this by the way. :)

Any possible way to make this JIP compatible? I'm rather awful at scripting as it is combined with incomplete translations and I'm about entirely lost. Love this by the way. :)

Its totally JIP compatible :S, you can enven activate an option that allows to teleport with your squad after you enter the game(Colum_revive_JIPTelep=true). And if you find anything untranslated just report it.

Edit: some comments and variablenames are still in spanish, i know that. I will try to translate all the comments, but variablenames... well maybe or maybe not depends on how lazy i feel when i start to clean up the code hehehe

Edited by columdrum

I am making a mission that requires the medevac to launch and return to the LHD, I have not been able to crack the code on making it return. When it returns it, hovers above the LHD and then spawns hovering under and inside the LHD. How can I adjust this to return to the LHD with the wounded? Thanks X

I am making a mission that requires the medevac to launch and return to the LHD, I have not been able to crack the code on making it return. When it returns it, hovers above the LHD and then spawns hovering under and inside the LHD. How can I adjust this to return to the LHD with the wounded? Thanks X

MMM, the AI seems to have problems when landing over objects. And its event worst because LHD its over the sea that makes the things even more complicated. Anyways i will try to take a look and see if i can do something to make the ia land on the carrier, but i can't promise anything :rolleyes:

If you can, send me the mission by PM to test it.

Edited by columdrum

Great! Thanks for looking into it; Mando Heliroute script may have some clues; He some how gets the ai to land on the back of a destroyer. Also if you get wounded in the water you sink to the bottom; this plays hell with my SEAL missions.

Its totally JIP compatible :S, you can enven activate an option that allows to teleport with your squad after you enter the game(Colum_revive_JIPTelep=true). And if you find anything untranslated just report it.

Edit: some comments and variablenames are still in spanish, i know that. I will try to translate all the comments, but variablenames... well maybe or maybe not depends on how lazy i feel when i start to clean up the code hehehe

My sincerest apologies. Apparently was missing a couple things in my mission. Works very well. Thank you for this excellent tool.

In tonite's operation we experienced a weird bug. We used ACE v1.8 Update 3 with Revive-Wounding 1.6.1hotfix..

instead of dying and waiting to be revived we went immediately to spectator mode and nothing worked. We were forced to stay in spectator mode even if we completely shut ArmA 2 off by doing abort/quit or ALT+F4 and joined the server back. When joining the server we would start as spectators. There was basically no way for some of us to enter the mission again..so we were forced to quit and stop playing.

I've used your revive script in the past and I've never encountered this problem. No spectator modules were place in the mission, only the Wounding Module and "Only Medics can use Epi and Morphine".

Thanks for any kind of support,

Sounds like a description.ext problem; like lives weren't set in the description.ext file. The revive includes a spectator script in that if you run out of lives you're kicked into spectator mode for the rest of the mission.

Sounds like a description.ext problem; like lives weren't set in the description.ext file. The revive includes a spectator script in that if you run out of lives you're kicked into spectator mode for the rest of the mission.

I set 3 lives in the init.sqf..as in [3] execVM.. I only added by copy-paste the required lines from the template..should I change anything there? I recall not reading about this in the readme.txt but I'll double-check..

Thanks,

respawn ="BASE";

respawndelay = 10;

disabledAI = true;

all need to be in your description.ext file; not your init.sqf. The readme is a bit vague in that area. That may be why you were running into issues.

Outside of that you can try making markers for 'respawn_west' and 'boot_hill'....boot hill being away from most everything and respawn west being the respawn point; though the script includes fallbacks for those two (generated procedurally in the revive sqf). If none of those work I'm pretty well out of ideas. May be that server FPS dropped too low and the killed handler didn't fire in time to hook the units

I did everything you said..literally. I doubt the FPS were a problem because this happened to more than one player in various situations..maybe it is a beta patch problem? I was running the latest, we also use ACRE but I doubt that is the reason (since it is already causing enough problems on other topics..)

The investigation continues..

That is a possibility; columdrum would know more about beta patch compatibility than I would considering he made this. I personally haven't touched a beta patch in months.