Sign in to follow this  
columdrum

Revive script for ACE2 Wounding system [V1.5]

Hello, i have problem with your new revive script 191:

When i use the version 182, it work but when i replace the files and rework the confiiguracion file identically, it doesn't work... (The parameters of the configuracion file was ignored (denyed) and it load the default config (revivetime=400;number of lifes=2;spectator mode=true))... Thanks for your reply

PS: i have completely replaced and reworked the configuracion file from 182 to 191... Thanks again.

it should always work, even with the 1.6 configuration file :S(but the new options will have default values). Maybe i forgot something on the last version, i will check it anyways ^^. I also got another problem reported so i may release a mini bugfix version tomorrow.

Is there any way to disable the persistence lives , as trying to run a MSO style mission where it replenished every 24 hours or is there a way Revive can do this ?

New bugfix release 1.9.2. Changelog:

+Added the option to adjust the persistence of the player life number

*Several small fixes

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?cy0m60sdzf1ltpo

As always the older config files are compatible :)

Is there any way to disable the persistence lives , as trying to run a MSO style mission where it replenished every 24 hours or is there a way Revive can do this ?

Not on the latest release but, you can do with the new option with the latest . Read the comments on the config file for the "Colum_revive_LifesPersist" option. If you have any problem with this option just post here or send me a PM ^^

Hello, just a question, how i can set the altitude of the respawn point? beacause i would like to place a respawn point on the nimitz with your revive script. Thank you.

Edited by Braker355

Its good in theory but when you click the respawn buttons when at the life timer screen it does not count your death. Seing as respawn without actually dying is there a way to make it still count?

Why cant you have the telaport to squad leader with spectating off. When i set it up this way i get perma death when respawning.

I really like what you are doing but I would really like a stand alone for the wounded map marker system when someone goes to life timer in this. This system does not play to well with my Insurgency missions.

Edited by Cytreen

Would I be correct if I wanted it to be set to 48 Hours ?

Colum_revive_LifesPersist=(172800*60);

172800*60=10368000 = 2880 hours = 120 days = 4 moths

Good look to have a mission that long :P. Just use 172800 or (48*60*60), the *60 on the example its only to make easier to see what you are trying to do, because if you use 172800 at first you wont know how many time is it, but if you use (48*60*60) its obvious that that means 48 hours :).

Hello, just a question, how i can set the altitude of the respawn point? beacause i would like to place a respawn point on the nimitz with your revive script. Thank you.

Use the respawn offset option:

Colum_revive_RespawnOffset= [0,0,0,0];

First number its for first respawn point.... i dont know the height of the nimitz, but i would asume that its arround 18 so if for example the nimitz respawn point its the second one:

Colum_revive_RespawnOffset= [0,18,0,0];

But be sure that you get the height correctly, it isnt fun to spawn in the air and die :P

Its good in theory but when you click the respawn buttons when at the life timer screen it does not count your death. Seing as respawn without actually dying is there a way to make it still count?

Why cant you have the telaport to squad leader with spectating off. When i set it up this way i get perma death when respawning.

I really like what you are doing but I would really like a stand alone for the wounded map marker system when someone goes to life timer in this. This system does not play to well with my Insurgency missions.

What you mean that its not counting? you mean on the stat screen? thats the way the revive works and avoids a lot of troubles. If you want to do something when someone gets heavily wounded, instead or using the killed eventhandlers you can use the ACE one:

["ace_sys_wounds_rev", {your code here}] call CBA_fnc_addEventhandler;

But the killed event would triger when someone really dies(out of lives), or respawn button used.

Teleport to squad only works 1 time, and when you JIP. And should work with spectating off. There can be a bug there, plz send me your exact config.

And about perma death, respawn button always means perma death unless respawn its active. Thats the way its done, and the main reason its that on a normal mission its no sense on doing so, unless you are respawning each time just to teleport arround.... lol.

Edited by columdrum

Use the respawn offset option:

First number its for first respawn point.... i dont know the height of the nimitz, but i would asume that its arround 18 so if for example the nimitz respawn point its the second one:

Colum_revive_RespawnOffset= [0,18,0,0];

But be sure that you get the height correctly, it isnt fun to spawn in the air and die :P

THANK YOU, perfect, nice script thank again...

Not sure why but I set it to 48 hours , and after that time i.e i left it 3 days and went back into the server (i still had 8 lives left) It goes in fine but within about 45sec I get ACE Spectating mode - even thoi i have disabled it.

It is like it does not reset my lives but removes them ?

my config

/***********************************************************************************************************************************/
/*************************************************Seccion de configuracion***********************************************************/
/***********************************************************************************************************************************/
//Nº of lifes. Minimum number is 1( doesn't make much sense tought since you will directly die when killed), use 1000 for unlimited
//NOTE: this value will be OVERWRITED if you pass parameters to the execVM on the mision init.sqf. So use: execVM "revive\ReviveAceWounds.sqf"; 
Colum_revive_Conf_Lifes= 16;

//Disable IA wounding system for IA, seems to cause more desync.
ace_sys_wounds_noai= true;

//Total time that units remains uncon before die, in seconds
ace_wounds_prevtime =1200;

//If true, spectator will be activated wile uncons, if false you will see a black screen while uncons.
ace_sys_wounds_withSpect  = false;

//Show team kill mesages
Colum_revive_TKcheck= true;

//Show enemy units when you are totally death, true= show all, false = only your side.
Colum_revive_VerEnemigos= true;

//Pvp enabled, markers and uncons mesages only will be seen by your teammates
Colum_revive_PvP=false;

//Heaiyly wound and enemy player would give the attacker +1 score, and -1 if he wound and ally. This is intented to be used on PvP games to have a better stat tracking, because without this feature enabled, you will only be credited when you kill a player that had no lifes left.
Colum_revive_WoundScoring=true;

//Medic rucksack. "" for disabled any other rucksack classname to enable
Colum_revive_MochilaMedico="";

//Contents for the rucksack
// the contents are: [nº compress, nº morphine, nº ephinifrine, nº green smoke grenades]
Colum_revive_MochilaMedico_Contenido=[12,12,15,2,12];

//Uncoment(remove the // afther the line) any line bellow to enable specific side backpack or contents.
//Colum_revive_MochilaMedico_WEST = "ACE_VTAC_RUSH72_TT_MEDIC";
//Colum_revive_MochilaMedico_EAST = "ACE_VTAC_RUSH72_TT_MEDIC";
//Colum_revive_MochilaMedico_GUER = "ACE_VTAC_RUSH72_TT_MEDIC";
//Colum_revive_MochilaMedico_CIV = "ACE_VTAC_RUSH72_TT_MEDIC";

//Colum_revive_MochilaMedico_Contenido_WEST =[10,20,15,2,10];
//Colum_revive_MochilaMedico_Contenido_EAST = [10,20,15,2,10];
//Colum_revive_MochilaMedico_Contenido_GUER = [10,20,15,2,10];
//Colum_revive_MochilaMedico_Contenido_CIV =[10,20,15,2,10];

//Jip players wil have an option to teleport to his squadmates when conected. True = allow, False = not allow
Colum_revive_JIPTelep=false;

//The gear, heal status and position are stored on player disconnect and restored on conect. =true Enabled = false disabled. KNOWN ISUE: backpack contents and weapon on back are not saved because are local to the client :(.( that excludes the medical gear of the backpack that its added again for medics).
//NOTE: this feature is stil experimental, but should work
Colum_revive_DisconectSave=false; 

//allow respawn . false= if uncons time runs out you will DIE PERMANENTLY, EVEN IF YOU HAD LIFES LEFT. true= if you get out of time you will respawn on the designated respawn if you had lives left
Colum_revive_Respawn=true;

//Side respawns . false= everybody has the same respawn. true= each side has his own respawn points
Colum_revive_Respawn_Side=false;

//Side lifes . false=everybody has the same number of lifes. true= each side has his own number of lifes
Colum_revive_Vidas_Side= false;

//Death map Markers, false= no markers, true= wounded units would be shown on the map.
Colum_revive_Death_Markers= true;

//Death Messages . false=no mesages. true= a mesage will be shown when someone falls uncons.
Colum_revive_Death_Messages= true;

//death people leave group . Recomended true, only false if you use a stupid script that uses the leader unit to get the group in the middle of the game.
Colum_revive_Death_LeaveGroup= true;

//Minimun damage left after been healed with the medkit.  0 disabled. Values recomended 0.01-0.08
ace_sys_wounds_leftdam=0;

//On medic revive make full heal( so you don't need to use medkit after revive, only for normal healing). True enabled, false (Default) disabled
Colum_revive_Levanta_Heal=false;

//Penalice Respawn button with Death. If true, if you press the respawn button you are out of the game, if false, you will only lose a life
Colum_revive_RespawnButtonPunish=false;

//If server fails to send the number of lifes,  set it to 0. If set to false, if fails, you will get all the lifes
Colum_revive_KillOnConnectFail=FALSE;

//If the player disconects while unconscious or heavy wounded, he will lose one life. This may avoid some posible exploits.= true enabled, =false disabled.
Colum_revive_DisconectPunish=false;

//This parameter determines wath to do if someone dies in the water, the posible options are:
//0 : Do nothing . if deep water, it will be no chance to save him, escept if there is respawn :P, if not, you may be able to drag out of the water
//1 : Direct death ( lifes=0 if respawn not enabled, and -1 life if respawn enabled) if the player dies and sinks in deep water
//2 : The dead player floats over the water, there is 2 ways to save him. Go with a vehicle really close to him and he will get onboard automaticaly, also you can swing to him to grab him and carry him to the coast.
//3 : The player is moved to the nearest coast, using norrin script.
Colum_revive_WaterAction=3;

//life persistance:
//-1 : always persistent. Lifes will only be reseted on mision restart or using Colum_Revive_Funcion_Reset_Data function(default)
//0 : non persistan lifes, players that JIP will have the max number of lifes
//>1 :The lifes of the players will be reseted after some amount of time(seconds). For example if you set it to (30*60) a player that runs out of lifes when 30 mins have passed after his death, if he reconnects he will have max lifes
Colum_revive_LifesPersist= (2600*60);

if (Colum_revive_Respawn) then {
//Text of the respawn buttons, a text must be defined for each respawn point. There is no limit for the number of respawn points.
Colum_revive_RespawnButton_text = ["SQN Base", "Rally Point"];
//other example : Colum_revive_RespawnButton_text = ["respawn1", "respawn2"]; 
//Name of the markers for the respawn( could be diferent from the button text, used the same just for this example)
//NOTE: you can easy create a movile respawn by creating a marker and updating its position
Colum_revive_RespawnMarkers= ["sqn_base", "rallym"];
//offset for the respawn point. Usefull for example to define respawn inside buildings or in the carrier.

//Time to appear the respawn buttons when you are wounded, in seconds
ace_sys_spectator_RevShowButtonTime = 300;

if (Colum_revive_Respawn_Side) then {
	// Side respawns if you use Colum_revive_Respawn_Side and you comment the respawn buttons markers and offsets( by placing // before them) of a side, that side will have respawn disabled. 
	//So that way you can enable respawn only to one side
	//Bluefor
	Colum_revive_RevButtons_WEST = ["respawn1_WEST", "respawn2_WEST", "respawn3_WEST", "respawn4_WEST"];
	Colum_revive_RespawnMarkers_WEST= ["respawn1_WEST", "respawn2_WEST", "respawn3_WEST", "respawn4_WEST"];
	Colum_revive_RespawnOffset_WEST=[0,0,0,0];

//oppfor
	Colum_revive_RevButtons_EAST = ["respawn1_EAST", "respawn2_EAST", "respawn3_EAST", "respawn4_EAST"];
	Colum_revive_RespawnMarkers_EAST= ["respawn1_EAST", "respawn2_EAST", "respawn3_EAST", "respawn4_EAST"];
	Colum_revive_RespawnOffset_EAST=[0,0,0,0];

//Independ
	Colum_revive_RevButtons_GUER = ["respawn1_GUER", "respawn2_GUER", "respawn3_GUER", "respawn4_GUER"];
	Colum_revive_RespawnMarkers_GUER= ["respawn1_GUER", "respawn2_GUER", "respawn3_GUER", "respawn4_GUER"];
	Colum_revive_RespawnOffset_GUER=[0,0,0,0];

//Civil
	Colum_revive_RevButtons_CIV = ["respawn1_CIV", "respawn2_CIV", "respawn3_CIV", "respawn4_CIV"];
	Colum_revive_RespawnMarkers_CIV= ["respawn1_CIV", "respawn2_CIV", "respawn3_CIV", "respawn4_CIV"];
	Colum_revive_RespawnOffset_CIV=[0,0,0,0];

};
};

if (Colum_revive_Vidas_Side) then {
// life number if Colum_revive_Vidas_Side= true;
//lifes for bluefor team / west side
Colum_revive_VidasMax_WEST=2;

//lifes for opfor team / east side
Colum_revive_VidasMax_EAST=3;

//lifes for indepen team / guer side
Colum_revive_VidasMax_GUER=4;

//lifes for civilian team / CIV side
Colum_revive_VidasMax_CIV=10;
};

/****************************************************FIN configuracion**************************************************************/

columdrum first of all mate, let me just say what a great script suite this is. Really does give that little more flexibilty to the ACE system that ensures smooth play.

I have a question (well more a plea for help), regarding the JIP teleport to squad option that is included.

Basically I would like to use just this system in a mission where unfortunately I cant use ACE Wounds (thus unable to use the entire script suite). Is there anyway the JIP system could be used on its own?? I have tried looking through the code, but unfortunately my scripting skills just aren't up to the level required the extract the specific sections.

I would really appreciate it if you could find the time to help me out with this.

Thankyou in advance for any help you can provide.

Not sure why but I set it to 48 hours , and after that time i.e i left it 3 days and went back into the server (i still had 8 lives left) It goes in fine but within about 45sec I get ACE Spectating mode - even thoi i have disabled it.

It is like it does not reset my lives but removes them ?

Weird thing, i will take a look but i suppect that its more like a script lag/ server FPS issue, the server RPT and the client RPT would help. If you can send me the RPT via PM that would help a lot.

I have never seen a mission last more than 48 without issues. The server fps start to going down always and makes some scripts starts to fail, the AI starts to act stupid, and finally arma itself start to fail :(, so your it could be really dificult to create that kind of long missions.

columdrum first of all mate, let me just say what a great script suite this is. Really does give that little more flexibilty to the ACE system that ensures smooth play.

I have a question (well more a plea for help), regarding the JIP teleport to squad option that is included.

Basically I would like to use just this system in a mission where unfortunately I cant use ACE Wounds (thus unable to use the entire script suite). Is there anyway the JIP system could be used on its own?? I have tried looking through the code, but unfortunately my scripting skills just aren't up to the level required the extract the specific sections.

I would really appreciate it if you could find the time to help me out with this.

Thankyou in advance for any help you can provide.

Srry but thats not posible and have nothing to do with the script itself. Fell free to use any part of it, you should look for "Revive_Keypressedcode" and "Revive_TelepSquad" functions. Right now i dont have time to help you any further :(

Colum regarding resetting the lives with the "Colum_Revive_Funcion_Reset_Data" function is this done just by executing something like

null = call Colum_Revive_Funcion_Reset_Data;

in a trigger or script?

as I want a trigger in a mission to allow for players to rejip/respawn

yes thats it, "null = call Colum_Revive_Funcion_Reset_Data;"(you can change null for anythig that its not a constant/funcitonname or the name of a used variable :P) for a trigger or just "call Colum_Revive_Funcion_Reset_Data;" if its a script. It just deleted all the data stored, so if someone is death he should reconnect to become alive again, but the living ones would get their lives reseted to max value without needing to reconnect :).

yes thats it, "null = call Colum_Revive_Funcion_Reset_Data;"(you can change null for anythig that its not a constant/funcitonname or the name of a used variable :P) for a trigger or just "call Colum_Revive_Funcion_Reset_Data;" if its a script. It just deleted all the data stored, so if someone is death he should reconnect to become alive again, but the living ones would get their lives reseted to max value without needing to reconnect :).

I just tried it out and it didn't seem to work - when players rejoined(mind you they didnt reconnect, jsut hit abort and reselected their spot - but we tried reconnecting afterwards and it didnt help) they respawned but immediately went into the spectator script - it was very weird

EDIT: tried something different - it worked when the jipping player disconnected before the data was reset - previously they rejipped after

Edited by Kerc Kasha

MMM it should have worked even if the player was disconnected :S. I will try to find what can be wrong there but right now i am busy with other things so it may take time to fix that :(.

Hi Columdrum,

First off your script is great and just what I'm looking for. However, I am having a problem on every death past the first one: the spawn buttons are not showing up =( And if I force respawn (escape --> respawn), I just get stuck in spectator mode unable to respawn. Is this something you've ran into before? I'm using the latest version of ACE with the beta version of A2OA. Thanks!

when you say stuck on spectator, you mean with countdown?(if no coundown it means that you have no lifes left). Be sure of setting the "Colum_revive_Conf_Lifes" to the number you want :). Also, you should never use the escape--> respawn option (it would allow exploiting thats why its penalized with -1 life), if you want to allow fast respawn, just lower the time to show button(ace_sys_spectator_RevShowButtonTime).

If nothing of this solves it, just send me your mission or just the revive config file you are using so i can see whats wrong there.

A quick question I am using the ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD) and noticed that when the leader dies i.e in a car or watrer we all lose the HUD could it be the

Is there an issue if i chan ge it to False ? not sure what it does would it still show the killed corps in the group as well ?

when you say stuck on spectator, you mean with countdown?(if no coundown it means that you have no lifes left). Be sure of setting the "Colum_revive_Conf_Lifes" to the number you want :).

Yea it's stuck with a countdown and no buttons come up the second death, even with the number of lives set to 1000. If I let the countdown run out, the countdown starts over.

Also, you should never use the escape--> respawn option (it would allow exploiting thats why its penalized with -1 life), if you want to allow fast respawn, just lower the time to show button(ace_sys_spectator_RevShowButtonTime).

If nothing of this solves it, just send me your mission or just the revive config file you are using so i can see whats wrong there.

I'm currently focusing on coop mission so this is not a concern. I want to allow the respawn button if someone dies in a hopeless place and they don't want to wait on the timer to run out so they can get back into the action. I'll give it another try on a simpler mission and see if I can get it working.

Hi Columdrum,

First off your script is great and just what I'm looking for. However, I am having a problem on every death past the first one: the spawn buttons are not showing up =( And if I force respawn (escape --> respawn), I just get stuck in spectator mode unable to respawn. Is this something you've ran into before? I'm using the latest version of ACE with the beta version of A2OA. Thanks!

I've been having the exact same problem. I have all my markers down and double checked the config file, and I can't seem to figure it out. Out of interest, I referred to the Sample Mission that is included with the script and experienced the same problem (the only option I changed was to increase the number of lives from 2 to 10 for testing purposes). Has anyone else had this problem where the script works perfectly on your first death, but then stops working after your second (i.e. stuck in spectator with countdown and no respawn buttons)?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Confirmed its broken after first respawn, maybe some of the last changes broke that :S. I will fix it ASAP

A quick question I am using the ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD) and noticed that when the leader dies i.e in a car or watrer we all lose the HUD could it be the

Is there an issue if i chan ge it to False ? not sure what it does would it still show the killed corps in the group as well ?

It only removes from the group the death players, dunno if that could cause the STHUD to fail O_o

Yea it's stuck with a countdown and no buttons come up the second death, even with the number of lives set to 1000. If I let the countdown run out, the countdown starts over.

NOTE: when you run out of time the timer sets to 1000 for 10 seconds and then autorespawns(if not revived on those 10 extra seconds) if you have lifes left, thats a workaround for low fps situations, to allow people that its about to run out of time to be revived

Edited by columdrum