Sign in to follow this  
LANCERZz

USMC Pack

Need to revamp the Marines with actually upgraded, desert version M4s and M16s (like the SAW) and desert MARPAT camo.

Marines in desert camo: http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1195

Also Bink is working on some decent ones with all AO features.

Normal Marines do not use camouflaged weapons, only SF do. Though it would be nice to have some.

All that needs to happen is that BIS update the existing units. I still find it somewhat annoying that BIS has 'forgotten' to upgrade the existing spec bringing it OA compatible (backpacks etc all)!

All that needs to happen is that BIS update the existing units. I still find it somewhat annoying that BIS has 'forgotten' to upgrade the existing spec bringing it OA compatible (backpacks etc all)!

You're totally right.

Marines in desert camo: http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1195

Also Bink is working on some decent ones with all AO features.

Normal Marines do not use camouflaged weapons, only SF do. Though it would be nice to have some.

I didn't mean camo like the M4A3 or whatever. I meant camo like how the 249 has the tan laser sight and tan scope. I know for a fact that marines get desert gear, and I want it to come out in an expansion or update so that the popular servers will implement them.

Funny how recon marines got woodland camo in Generation Kill then :p
That was just their MOP suits though. They still had desert BDUs

generation kill was set in the initial invasion, and not 7 years into occupation :p

I just think it's silly that almost every other weapon other than the M4 and M16 got some kind of update in OA. And the MCCUU has always been cooler than the ACU

Personally I'd love more USMC stuff. MRAPs, Ch46, MARSOC etc :)

The CH-46 was/is replaced by the Osprey, which is already in ArmA II.

So? I'm gonna pull the "Armaverse" card and say that just because it's not in use irl doesn't mean mission makers shouldn't have it available in game (SCAR, AK-107, Stryker turret on Humvees, F-35, Army MTVR etc etc). Plus the AI are pretty incompetent with the Osprey.

Also, CH-53. Yes please.

Now, the CH-53? That is some shit I can fuck with there, real talk. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

Hi, have CH-46s & MH-53s will be great. Let's C ya

The CH-46 was/is replaced by the Osprey, which is already in ArmA II.

It'll be used for at least 4-5 years, maybe for even more if other complications merge about the MV-22, also it would be nice for operations set ranging from the 1960s to the 2000s.

So I'm positive for the SeaKnight. And for CH-53E. And an EFV :)

But yeah, I still think bohemia should bring the marines to OA with pimped out M16s and M4s like the did with the M8 in PMC.

I would pay for BIS to make a DLC that brings all of the ARMA 2 stuff to OA standard with some additions like more USMC helicopters and Des Marpat and some more Russian Kit and Des Russians. Maybe a few missions set in Takistan or whatever as well. Perfect DLC.

I think it could be material for "proper" DLC. Some updated old stuff + some new. Scenario could be border skirmish between Takis supported by USMC and Russians for whatever reason.

Good excuse to improve 3 sides.

Other than desert camo, USMC could use more LAV-25s, both mortar carier and anti-tank variant (they gonna fight Russians - they WILL need serious firepower :D ), M1A1SA with TUSK kit, the most modern tank in USMC use. And obviously CH-46 ad CH-53.

Takis could be fitted with some new gear, they rebuild their army from scratch afterall. Import variants of modern MBT's like T-90S, T-84 or Leopard 2A6TK (fictional Leopard 2A6 variant build for Takistan), import Mi-28 etc. They have oil, they can pay :D.

Russians could get T-90A (in vanila we have early 90's variant), Mi-28, BMPT, some SPGs like 2S9 or 2S19 wouldn't hurt too. Fixing some realism issues, like replacing AK-107 with AK-74M, or adding scopes for RPG-7 would be very welcomed.

All of above fitted with OA functions OFC.

I would pay for BIS to make a DLC that brings all of the ARMA 2 stuff to OA standard with some additions like more USMC helicopters and Des Marpat and some more Russian Kit and Des Russians. Maybe a few missions set in Takistan or whatever as well. Perfect DLC.

Exactly !!!

I would pay too for a DLC that brings all of the ARMA 2 stuff to OA standard.

Like "Colonel Stagler" says : "With some additions like more USMC helicopters and Des Marpat and some more Russian Kit and Des Russians. Maybe a few missions set in Takistan or whatever as well".

That would be the Perfect DLC

Please BIs ! We need Arma 2 Content upgrade to OA-Standard to have

the true "Combined Operations" !

So we have olny two Standards

Best Regards

(ST6)Predator

Hopefully BI is looking at this thread. I for one would buy this the minute it was released from them

Hi, i'll gladly pay for an ArmA2 USMC DLC (on a disc) that had things like:

- AH-1W (TOWII).

- AH-1W (Hellfire).

- UH-1N.

- CH-46E.

- CH-53E.

- EA-6B Prowler.

- F18-D.

- EFV.

- Hercules M88A2 (W) & (D).

- HH-60H.

- HTTV.

- LAV-25III (D).

- LCAC.

And with weapons like:

- M45.

- SIG P226.

- SIG P226 SD.

- Mossberg 590.

- M1A Squad.

- M249 Mod 0.

- M21.

- M21 SD.

- M79A1 Blooper.

- LAW-72 (disposable).

With a pair of long campaigns, one as grunt and other as a Force Recon Operator; i'll also add Marines in 2003's equipment, with Interceptor IOTV. Also some kind of resistance with western weapons, FNCs, H&K 33 or something like that... all, for the ArmA2.

I'll pay a lung for that, ever that it comes in a DVD. Let's C ya

Yep, +1 for USMC DLC, would pay up for it no worries.

Would like to see some UH-1N's, some whiskey cobras as well as the CH-46 and Mh-53's

ACE2 has many variants of Cobra W´s I believe. And there is a pack of CH46/CH53 out there although unfinished they are pretty good I think. The "desert" versions of M4/M16 can also be found in ACE2 or Robert Hammers weapons packs. There is also a desert camo pack wich has all western armor including the LAV.

Like someone pointed out, there are several desert MARPAT packs available, and TF86´s specops pack has MARPAT operators in both green and desert MARPAT.

That said, I would´nt say no thank you to a more complete, upgraded official USMC DLC or expansion. Especially a couple of new SP campaigns, this is what this community really lacks I think.

Anyway I would definitely pay for a complete pack although I doubt BI will prioritize something like this.

I don't want any ACE2 stuff or Usercreated because if you want to play multiplayer you can only play in servers that also have those addons. I want an official pack because when that comes out there will be tons of servers using it and it will probably less prone to glitches than UCC

ACE2 has many variants of Cobra W´s I believe. And there is a pack of CH46/CH53 out there although unfinished they are pretty good I think. The "desert" versions of M4/M16 can also be found in ACE2 or Robert Hammers weapons packs. There is also a desert camo pack wich has all western armor including the LAV.

Like someone pointed out, there are several desert MARPAT packs available, and TF86´s specops pack has MARPAT operators in both green and desert MARPAT.

That said, I would´nt say no thank you to a more complete, upgraded official USMC DLC or expansion. Especially a couple of new SP campaigns, this is what this community really lacks I think.

Anyway I would definitely pay for a complete pack although I doubt BI will prioritize something like this.

Dont forget ! We need all that Stuff in "OA-Standart" :D:D:D