I have Combined Operations patched to 1.57. I run the A2 war mod with JSRS sounds. I also have CBA enabled.

In response to the blurry red filter, I guess it has something to do with the scripted event. It makes things look a bit more dramatic. It just doesn't go away as soon as at it should, since the triggered events are out of synch.

The UAV I am referring to is the one in the game already, no mods. And by crashing, I mean the UAV ends up flying into the side of a mountain, or hitting the ground.

With the APC using smoke for cover, I think I remedied that by tweaking the video settings for better performance.

But on the Harvest Red campaign "Manhattan", I ran into another snag when I got to the FOB entrance: the dialogue scene where you talk to the guard did not trigger immediately. And when it did, the screen went black and did not initiate the conversation, whereas it will trigger properly without the mod.

The mod still adds a greater visual feel to the game and I would prefer to play with it enabled. I might consider testing the CO WarMod, I just didn't want to commit to something that I wasn't sure I could do.

Edited by postman84

Hey Postman i appreciate your feedback it is always welcomed especially for a mod like mine that is a compilation of mods.

There are going to be some things in A2WarMod and possibly the new version when it releases that will conflict with something else somehow,

considering A2WarMod has roughly 120+ addons and mods all in one mod.

I also have CBA enabled.

CBA is standard, without it none of the mods would work, about 98% of the mods out there for arma2 and OA require CBA anyways,

so whether people want it or not you need as mods require it.

But on the Harvest Red campaign "Manhattan", I ran into another snag when I got to the FOB entrance:

the dialogue scene where you talk to the guard did not trigger immediately. And when it did, the screen went black and did not

initiate the conversation, whereas it will trigger properly without the mod.

I never played the campaign, just all the campaigns in OFP :rolleyes:

Again A2WarMod wasn't built for OA or CO so not much I can really do unless your playing Arma2 specifically with the mod.

I might consider testing the CO WarMod, I just didn't want to commit to something that I wasn't sure I could do.

Well if your interested we are testing, we have tested about 5 mods so far and everything seems to pass our tests.

But basically all you would need to do if you became a tester is test mods I list by themselves, then with the full version of the mod,

and we test them in the sp editor and in the mp editor, sometimes the testers will go on servers in mp to see how things respond.

Its real easy, most tests take but 10-20min depending on what your testing.

you can test on your own time of course being realistic once every week dont work.

-Only real requirements I have is you regularly play Arma2;CO

-Have the A2WarMod mods or at least one of the mods and are a fan of it I dont want anyone that wants to "try" the mod.

-Know at least the basics of the editor (basically can create a small mission or put units down to test stuff).

If your interested then send me a pm and I will give you the details,

on how it all works, and the links.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

I am a bit concerned about doing testing since I have gotten sudden crashes of the program from running mods(?).

The screen will flash all sorts of colors, the text and everything else will be garbled. It will cause the NVidia display driver to stop working properly and then none of my 3D games will display properly, but for maybe a few minutes before totally getting FUBAR and crashing the system (blue screen). I have tried some suggestions for increased game performance, so that might have done the trick.

If I can make sure it won't cause catastrophic failures to my system/hardware/software, I would be glad to share the testing work load.

Edited by postman84

Sounds like your computer is the real issue, and the mods only add to the already existing problem.

If you want to help then send me a pm.

Building COWarMod myself.

Pretty much have eliminated the whole team as out of 5 guys only one guy was really helping.

I'm rather dissapointed in some people, they all want to be fans but when it comes time to work and help make the mod

the best it can be they fall short on effort or time.

What amazes me is I had created a mod for Arma, and for Arma2, and now for Arma2:CO and each mod takes me 2-3 months to research,

download, build, get permissions, write up readmes, and test.'

Let alone package, write up some type of ad or listing of features, and release, making sure that everything is as professional for a mod

if you will can be. I'm no more a regualar player then the next guy, although I have been in the series since it started,

so it does help to have a background on the folder system used in the game, as well as a good level of reference to fall back on.

What makes my mod any different then any other large mod out there that takes time, I may not have any configs, or any

content I built or created myself, but like all the other modders I did have a great idea and an original idea at that.

Compilation Mod isn't as easy as some may think, its is easy to just take a ton of addons and mods and install them into one folder,

but seriously for those that have the time does one have the energy and patience to make sure that this compilation put together work?

And work i mean does all the mods work together.

The testing process alone is what takes 3/4 amount of time for the mod, the other time consuming part of the project is gathering

all the names of all the modders and then writing up a pm that asks what your intending to ask as well as provide a ref so that

know where their work is going.

In My Arma WarMod version I had about 30 permissions I had to aquire

Arma2 version I had 41 permissions

for COWarMod I've yet to get permissions but I only need roughly 17, possibly more not known atm.

But each mod is bigger then the next.

The amount of time a modder for their mod, is spent in most all their freetime, then you have modders that work like myself, modders,

that go to school, and work, and have a family, luckly for me I jsut have to deal with work, but then you have to consider

motivation and energy to work on the mod.

Alot of factors that go into a mod, and I really think alot of modders in our community here do not get the credit they deserve,

either because their mods are small or simply they are just not recognized by the community for what they have done for the

community in their own way, on their own time, without getting paid for it.

Whats the point of my post here?

That I had eliminated the team I had because they are unreliable, and only 1 was helping for a bit, seemed like no one really cared,

or was to lazy. Unless your getting paid to help people dont want to be interested, its really sad the thinking has come to this,

I could do the same as alot of modders could do the same, were not getting paid by anyone to build the mods,

so why should i continue to keep working on it?

Why should I share my efforts? seriously why should i release my next version? I do so out of the consideration, and kindness of my heart,

and that I care about our community, I love the games since the community has started, and I care about the people, and

I want to provide a mod that is an idea that no one else hasn't really done in the community

at least not for Arma, Arma2, or Arma2:CO.

If I can do this, then why is it so hard for some to step up and put their effort and time forth even say something of all things,

to have a common courtesy and respect for another.

Enough said on that.

COWarMod

Currently doing testing and bug hunting,which don't mean the mod is soon to be released, its far from it, i probably have another month,

maybe two yet on this thing cant say for sure. Right now Im testing and debugging SLX which I have got to work,

but theres alot of things on it Im testing.

Website

Most of the information for the mod you can see on my website, I update the site regularly with a percentage as to how

far Im getting with the mod and I usually will post what I will be doing next or what else I'm doing with it.

The website has been update and upgraded alot so far, I have a section for A2WarMod where I created several pages on

How to enable features that do not automatically start when you start your game with the mod.

Anyways if anyone has ideas, or things i could change or improve on my website, as I'd liek to upgrade the site even more but

Im kinda of out of ideas right now, Im really lokign for what can I add, or adjust to make A2WarMod as well as

Arma mod be better organised, and informed on like more user friendly.

Link to my site is in my sig.

As usual any questions, problems with the mod let me know.

Thanks for your efforts. I recently have started Arma 2 with the A2 War mod and have played it without any troubles. I have gone through the A2 readmes and looked through the mods and have been figuring out how it works. Again, I am a newbie to modding (but not playing Arma).

Now I see that if you were going to mod CO, you would need to make mods specific to that version of the game. Some of the mods will work with CO, such as JTD fire and smoke, WarFX, and the interface tweaks. Others seem tailored for A2.

Maybe if you release a beta testing version (with notes attached giving some testing instructions perhaps), more people will give feedback and you won't have to rely on a dedicated crew?

Edited by postman84

Your welcome.

Now I see that if you were going to mod CO, you would need to make mods specific to that version of the game.

Some of the mods will work with CO, such as JTD fire and smoke, WarFX, and the interface tweaks. Others seem tailored for A2.

Already have done that, way ahead of it all, its just down to testing and other misc stuff. but the mod is pretty huge,

I actually do have 1 guy that still is testing for me aside from what i said in my previous post, only because I've known him

for a few years and he was 2nd in command in my ww2 realism unt I had in RO.

Maybe if you release a beta testing version (with notes attached giving some testing instructions perhaps), more people

will give feedback and you won't have to rely on a dedicated crew?

I could do that, i pondered doing that in the past but not really sure if I want to do that. It does sound like a good idea

but being a compilation mod is different then a regular mod like SLX for example where theres a config, well somewhat.

The real problem is a portion of the mod needs permissions I have 17 permissions I need to get before i claim any "ownership" for my work,

not really my mod per say if you guys get what Im trying to say, i mean yes I did build it but with other modders content.

Anyways I would need to get those permissions first before I even consider releasing what I have.

I'm wondering what other WarMod fans think about the idea of me release what I have for Arma2:CO I mean would it be worth it?

Right now my buddy and I and another guy my current tester have the latest version which is far from done

we only have but 1/4 of the mod completed if that.

Currently the mod is in good shape for what yet has to be tested, we were playing with it on our WarMod server,

and we were having a serious blast with it.

I need more thoughts on this idea though other wise I wont do it.

Steam

For those that have steam version of the game I will be creating a Steam group for COWarMod it will be open to the public,

I wont be doing it yet, but I am just annoucing it here atm, when i get it up then I will announce it again that it is up.

DevHeaven

On this site I will have this up to when Im ready for it, and will announce then.

Facebook

Been pondering on getting on facebook, I dont have a facebook account,

wondering what you guys think or is it worth it.

your thoughts.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Would love to see you on facebook! I use it mainly for keeping up to date with my games/hobbies so if you create one for this mod then I am certainly in!

BTW: The ASC weapon customization mod is pretty awesome for missions where you go from open areas into CQC towns and want to replace say an ACOG with an EOTECH or youve blown youve been discovered in a stealth mission and want to remove the silencer from a weapon. Any chance of you adding that mod into your compilation?

Hey tyrantkyng,

I was actually going to do this sometime this month, just been busy balancing working on the mod and playing the

new version of insurgency on my gameserver with a buddy.

Suppose I will do it this weekend as weekends I have alot of time, I'll post a link here when i get it setup and where I want it.

Any chance of you adding that mod into your compilation?

The ASC weapon customization mod, is already in my current version I have been working on.

My work load right now is deciding which addons and mods I want in the COWarMod version, and then building a list of permissions

I will need for the new addon and mods I have added.

Atm from my last count I will need 17 permissions, but theres more I will need permissions for probably 25+ permissions which

gathering permissions and getting the permission to include the addon/mods I'm integrating will take some time all depends

on the response time of the other modders.

For those of you who go to my website to check for status, as I keep a updated status of what Im doing and where the mod is at in terms of completion,

I haven't been to the site in a few days and atm I am unable to get on it for some stupid reason.

All for now, any thoughts, or questions let me know.

Hi,

enjoyed your mod a lot. Been playing it together with ACE and a couple of other sound mods. I have a question regarding the muzzle flash of weapons: ACE toned it down (maybe even deleted) the muzzle flash on rifles. A2 brought it back. Is there a way to reduce the muzzle flash to ACE levels without compromising the rest of the mod? I deleted both the asr weaponsreplacement files just to see, and the muzzle flash was gone, but so was the sight adjustment - not ideal.

thx

Hello s54,

Really nothing I can do about that.

Only thing I really did with the mod is combine all the mods into one mod and then

test each mod individually as well all of them together and adjusted things accordingly.

Some mods have userconfigs you can tweak or make adjustments to, but for your situation maybe ask Rob from the asr mod

and see what he says, just explain to him what you are trying to do and find out if the theres a workaround for his mod.

I would avoid steam for BIS games, and get OA off of Sprocket, and install into your main Arma2 folder, to get combined Ops.

Steam is nothing but problems.

I too would strongly recommend you avoid Steam.

While I admire Steam's seamless integration, the use mods and/or beta patches is more complicated with Steam.

Buying from Sprocket also means more money for BIS as it cuts on the middle-man (Steam).

BTW: Gunter I really like your work so 'm really looking forward to seeing your COWarMod.

Thanks domokun,

Ya COWarMod is going to be the shit compared to the other mod versions, my buddy and I are already playing with a beta version of it, and I simply cant get enough of it,

and will simply not play without COWarMod, I actually prefer it over A2WarMod.

Currently I am building a list of permissions I have to get, and going to be sending out pms or even e-mails if needed to get permissions.

In the meantime and the same time Im really just beta testing the mod on my gameserver, playing insurgency ;) and looking for things

that arn't working like they should or are working.

One of the Mods I have integrated into COWarMod which those of you whom enjoy the mod alot... SLX I have got to work after extensive testing and tweaking,

and am still doing some final tweaks to it, SLX alone I have spent about almost 3 weeks on just doing various individual, and full mod tests.

COWarMod is actually more simplified now in terms of the number of files, yet its actually alot bigger and complex then A2WarMod by far.

This weekend I'll be doing alot of testing and work on the mod to get things ahead, as well as get on with setting up a facebook account.

As usual any questions, thoughts, let me know.

I ONLY use steam for all gaming. Its been great so far. I got OA and installed/works fine with all my mods and everything without a hitch. May get the 2 DLC's tomorrow, but ive got some experience modding and ArmA 2/CO has become my fav game so if I get into the modding scene of it i'd be happy to lend a hand however I can.

Hi Günter,

thx for this great Mod-Compilation ... i'm running ace so i've downloaded the full 1.3 ace compatible version of which it is said that it should contain "@A2WarModSM" but it doesn't neither at armaholic nor at arma2base ... following your readmes (your .rtf's) it should be included in the ace-version package but it isnt :confused: ... I get no errors starting ace + a2warmod, so I guess it is intented not be there anymore ?

i'd be happy to lend a hand however I can.

Much appreciated tyrantkyng but the past few guys said that they'd give me a hand ended up dissapearing or never reporting,

no pun intented but I'm weary of anyone helping me.

I personally can get more done myself as I know what and how I need to test.

Since my Arma version of WarMod I have really become familier with the structure of mods, and can get a good idea of how to work around alot of things,

as well as being to excellerate the testing process where others are only getting half the picture of what needs to be done,

alot of things just all depend, but when someone tells me something and this is in general mod or not, I take their word for it.

so I guess it is intented not be there anymore ?

Correct, the download was to big with it in the Ace compatible download, and it was also the sound mod I used personally,

but the mod has changed alot, and has alot of other elements in it that I put together from other sound mods, currently my sound mod has

Harcp, HiFI weapons, Hifi A-10 sounds,RWS sounds, and Jsrs sounds.

The SM I put together wasn't anything really special nothing to rant about, it was good but what I use now is better and if I wanted to

release it then I'd have to get permissions which i really dont want to, nor interested in doing.

If however you want to try what I'm currently using then send me a pm and i can send you a link to it,

but I make no claims to ownership this is just a combination of mods like I said My buddy and I play with.

Any questions guys let me know.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Gunter: I understand your qualms about testers. So rather than a closed alpha, how about an open beta?

Keep up the good work. I know a lot of people who are keen to see SLX salvaged.

I cant do an open beta til i get all permissions first, it would work if the mod was a mod of nothing but my creation,

but being a compilation mod which is other Modder's addons and mods I need to get permissions.

Without permissions its basically repackaging alot of other people's work and reselling it as yours with a title, thats not realistic, nor honest,

againsted the rules, and it takes away from the modders hard work.

One of the things I had in mind with WarMod was of course to compile alot of great mods into one instead of having 50 different

mod folders was to also give more attention to the modders out there whos mods are in WarMod, i feel that they deserve alot of respect

and attention for what they have taken the time to create and brought to the community, so I try to give more detail and attention

to them the best i can on my website.

If you guys have ideas, or things i can add, or do for my website, then please let me know, i'm pretty open to ideas for things.

you can find the link to the site in my sig.

But as i said I need to get all permission first before considering an open beta, and I have alot of permissions to get,

atm I'm looking at 25+ permissions needed I dont know the exact number offhand but thats what I'm working on this weekend,

and plan to finish sending all requests out.

Permissions and testing take the most time with this.

Also Atm Im finishing up doing some tweaks to the insurgency mission my buddy and I have been playing got to take a break sometimes

from the modding, if anyone is interested in playing with us on our gameserver, we have a 4 slot gameserver its a private server for us,

we play mostly insurgency right now but have other mp missions that I have built that I plan to release in the near future on the server,

I'm also admin of the server ;)

Soon I'll be starting up another project of mine, I have a bunch of mp missions I built that are real fun, they have no objectives

but its basically a TDM type of mission basically you verse the AI, I will be release a topic for that sometime this month if you guys

want to test those out, I'm always tweaking those missions, still need to setup a small briefing for them so people have a clue on

what to do in the mission.

Playing with COWarMod in those missions plus the Sound Mod I put together is... well lets just say I cant play without em. Epic!

For the idea for having WarMod on facebook, i changed my mind, I'm not going to bother, I looked at it and looked at other mods on there,

and I already have enough on my hands to have to create yet another page of info, or fansite.

I found facebook to be rather boring, and useless tbh and putting warmod on there wouldn't do it any favors.

I already have a full blown website with all info and details, the more places and things I have to update and check the less I get done,

time is precious, the website is enough.

I just wanted to say thank you for your great compilation. A2Warmod was the first mod I used and i really love playing with it.

Thank you, and Your welcome.

When I release the COWarMod version your going to like this version even better, Combined Ops required.

For the status of my mod, I usually update the front page of my website almost everyday with what I'm working on and have done,

I have percentages on there to give indication on how far I am in progress.

awaiting eagerly in anticipation, Gunter.

Your mod is about 75% of the reason I bought OA for CO!

Indeed I too am waiting with baited breath.

For those too lazy to visit Gunter's website, the latest sitrep is encouraging:

* Includes 150+ mods

* Requested permission from 17 modders

* Received permission from 5/17 modders

Giving an overall progress of 15%

Lemme know if you need any help with writing documentation.