Hello,

You can tell me what you think of the mod A2WarMod_ACE_Compatible.

Can it be installed with ACE2 1.18.

Thanks.

:yay:

No problem Gunther.i wanted to help out with ACE 1.8 testing.i love your mod, combined with ACE should be best out there.

Hello skaith57

You can tell me what you think of the mod A2WarMod_ACE_Compatible.

Can it be installed with ACE2 1.18.

If your using Ace2 for Arma2 its made compatible, thats why it says Ace compatible. The Ace Compatible version has addons

and mods that were removed because Ace2 already had those features so it wouldn't make any sense to create conflict for

two mods, is also a mod with a config for all its files, A2WarMod doesn't have any configs other then the ones that come

with the addons, and mods themselves.

A2WarMod Ace Compatible for Ace2 for Arma2 will work with Ace2, there should be any issues. I wouldn't try with OA

ACe2 as you might get some errors or things not working, as A2Warmod Ace compatible again was built on Arma2 for Arma2.

WarMod next Version

After this latest patch I got coming version 1.3, my next project and big it will be will be WarMod for Combined Ops.

What this version will do is have a WarMod which will be called COWarMod will actually take the existing A2WarMod and be rebuilt

for Co as well as Many, many additions and changes.

The new version will be optimized for CO. How do I do that, by updating the addons, and mods that are specifically Arma2 with OA

versions,a nd beleive me there are many! I have been in the testing process for the past month actually with CoWarMod, it is in a beta stage,

and I get no issues with it in terms of error messages, or stuff of the sort.

What I do do get is the hidden issues, and trying to figure them out can take time. for example My buddy I always play

with told me one day like a couple weeks ago that his javelin wouldn't lock on or do anything, and so the testing began,

took me 2-3 days of testing various stuff to relize what it was, and no the javalin works like its supposed to lol.

Anyways i got a ton of work to do for the CO version plus i cannot release anything for it as I still have to get

permissions for everything thats to be added to it.

WarMod Website

I posted some news on the front page of my website seen here:

http://warmod.webs.com/

I will be updating the website, and upgrading it too. Theres a lot of stuff I been wanting to do on the site and some

things I couldn't before so i had to condense all the sites pages, im only allowed a certain number of pages which

is what I got right now is the limit :j: so when i upgrade I will get unlimited pages! ;)

for the progress of the patch and anything Im working on for WarMod i usually have it on the front page using percentages,

the list is basically what I have completed and what I have to do yet.

As for the version 1.3 patch Im hoping to have it completed and ready for the weekend. When Saturday comes around

I will have a ton of time to do it so lets hope I can get it done by then.

No problem Gunther.i wanted to help out with ACE 1.8 testing.i love your mod,

combined with ACE should be best out there.

Thanks soldaten for the compliments, WarMod is ausome but dont limit yourself to just WarMod there are other

great mods out there outside of WarMod content that are great too.

Have you guys tried WarMod for Armed Assault (Arma)?

All the videos on the WarMod website are from the Arma WarMod version.

I'm looking to put some vids together for A2WarMod something i should have done whe i first released it but I had

no time and other things going on, if you guys have the time and are up to putting a clip or a vid of A2WarMod for

Arma2 in action then by all means, i will host it on my website, same for Arma WarMod which I still play by the way;)

Anyways any questions thoughts or concerns then post your reply, I frequent the forums here,

I sleep in one of the BIS Forums barracks they got here, you might find me in the lunchroom sometimes too :D

Edited by Gnter Severloh

UPDATE:

Current Status:

Final stage of Patch 1.3, and the Full versions.

- All testing is completed

- Compilations put together

- Readme's updated, thats 15 readmes for 3 versions as theres 5 readmes per version which each deals with, permissions,

installation, features, credits, mod links :j:

- one feature I was hoping to add is now left out as i couldn't get it to work like I wanted

only thing I have to do yet:

- ZIp the patch

- Zip the ace full 1.3

- Zip the full 1.3

- Upload those 3 to my host

- create a release page for Armaholic

- Submit to Armaholic.

- then post info links and update the first page on the release thread here.

- put together some clips of the mod.

After all that is completed I need to add the new info to the website as well as update the other various parts

of the site which will take about maybe less then a month.

All for now.

Hello Gunter,

Again thank you for your reply.

I'm anxious to see your new mod.

Thank you again.

Welcome guys and thank you.

cannot wait!! I wonder what was left out due?

I was working on a custom loading screen so when you started the game you would see this pic as well as see another type

pic when loading a mission or even when loading something in the editor.

http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/861/2387229670100938045S600x600Q85.jpg

Well i got it to work but the problem is the game makes the pic 3 x bigger then the original size, and it just kinda of ruins it.

I had a config for it and everything and it was a small addon included which you could take out easily with no issues,

but again, unless someone knows how to fix it so that i can have custom pic loading up then I got to leave it out.

Whats funny though is it works perfect in Combined Ops.

Problem is with Combined Ops version of WarMod which is a month or so from release if I have Blastcore in the mod then

blastcore's loading screen overrides the WarMod one :j: rather frustrating when your not a 100% sure on how to configure some of these things.

Well anyways, let me give you guys an update on where I am at with the patch, and what is actually being released.

UPDATE

There will be 3 released versions:

• A2WarMod Full Version 1.3
  • A2WarMod Ace Compatible Full version 1.3
  • A2WarMod Patch version 1.3

The A2WarMod Full Version 1.3 will be the Full A2WarMod with patches 1.2 and 1.3 applied already.

This version will be those folks who dont have A2WarMod and want to get it.

The A2WarMod Ace Compatible Full version 1.3 Like the one above is for those that play with ACE and are

downloading WarMod for the first time.

The A2WarMod Patch version 1.3 will be for those who already have A2WarMod and already have the 1.2 patch applied.

The 1.3 version patch has a couple of updates, and some new additions ;) i think you guys will like.

The Full Versions 1.3 have all fixes, and updates applied to them and the patches as well. Once I release and you guys

start playing with it, im sure some things might come up that I possibly missed in testing but overall when you run A2WarMod

there are no error messages coming up or problems that I have come across, its stable.

Like ususal with a mod liek this theres bound to be some sort of issues that might arise so if and when they do then

just report them like you guys have always done and we'll look into it and see how we can get it straightened out.

Currently

I have these to do yet:

• Record video footage of mod
  • Create a updated Release Page for Armaholic
  • Submit to Armaholic
  • Update A2WarMod Release thread

All this is posted on my website:http://warmod.webs.com/

where I give a percentage of where I am at and how far I got to go yet, as well as what has been completed.

What will take the longest now is the recording and editing of video footage, before that I will create the updated release

page that way i can just focus on recording, as once i submit to Armaholic then I'm pretty much done at that point til i get

a link for downlaod from them which can be a 1-3 days all depends.

Any questions let me know.

Back to work ;)

UPDATE:

Patch and Full versions have been submitted to Armaholic, when I get a link and everything is all said and

done I will update the release thread here with links to the patch and full versions, as well as list any info of the patch here.

The front page of this thread will be updated with the new info when I get it.

Also

I probably wont have any media or any recorded clips of the mod until after I get this all finished,

Im having issues with actually recording footage right now that dont lag, dam fraps.

Patch & Full v 1.3

Gentlemen Latest versions of A2WarMod has been released, the following are the links:

A2WarMod Patch v 1.3

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13377

If you have A2WarMod already and Patched to v 1.2

A2WarMod Full v 1.3

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12254

If you are downloading the mod for the first time

A2WarMod Ace Full v 1.3

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12344

If you are downloading the mod for the first time

Features of the Patch v 1.3

• Fireteam HUD that Provide situational awareness on where your fireteam members are and what their orientation is.

• Weapon collision with the environment is significantly toned down, meaning that you can now move sideways
    through doorways and generally find CQB to be more enjoyable

• More realistic combat behavior from mechanized infantry squads

• Building system that lets you build nearly everything everywhere

• Simulation of AC-130 air support can be called to rain hell from the skies

• Soldiers will shout they are wounded, killed, kill the enemy or simply saw a grenade at his feet, adds a bit of
    realness to your combat missions. Now you can hear what's going on with your AI squad mates.

Credits & Thanks:

If it were not for these Community members and their dedication to the game,

A2WarMod and its patches would not exist give your thanks to these guys!

Andy

ANZACSAS Steve

bravo 6

Big Dawg KS

DancZer

tpM

2Face

Hogthar

Dr Eyeball

Dslyecxi

DMarkwick

HeinBloed

Helmut Jäeger

Inkompetent

Kju

Lamandus

LurchiDerLurch

Myke

Mysteryman5150

Mondkalb

NonWonderDog / Fincuan

OpticalSnare

Pistolfied

Protegimus

Ricnunes

Robalo_AS

Rommel

Sakura-chan

Sirex1

Sgt.Ace

sholio

Scruffy

TangoRomeo

thebarricade

VictorFarbau

Wolfrug

zGuba

zyco (alias Picolly)

A2WarMod Mod Project Information

This Patch and Update is my final update for the A2WarMod version for Arma2, but A2WarMod to me is still

not 100% to my satisfactory there are still some things that seem either broken or things that I cannot seem to find

from the various tests that I have done.

Mod Stability

126 addons and mods is alot of mods to combine into one mod and granted there will be no perfection, or perfect performance

on one level or another, the mod is stable and I have not recieved any errors, freezes, crashes or anything of that sort,

as far as the mod is concerned I feel the mod is still WIP.

Your reports

If you guys come across anything as in problems, or something to report then please report it. If some things are reported

then further testing will commence and if and when we find the culprit be it whatever if any then I will release a fix,

or a report right away.

Next WarMod projects/s

• Recording of Video using A2WarMod - if you guys that have A2WarMod record any videos, I will upload it to my website.

• Commencing the project for COWarMod which will be WarMod for Combined OPS

===============

===========

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Thank you very much for the work and the release.

Is there something specific that doesn't work with combined ops? it seemst to work fine for me

Your Welcome,

Well the mod does work for combined Ops, but A2WarMod was built on Arma2 with patch 1.08 so its not

specifically designed to work with Combined Ops, even though it does.

yes there are a quite a few things in A2WarMod that do not work in Combined Ops.

COWarMod Project (next WarMod Project)

My next version of WarMod will be for combined Ops, it is a rebuilt Mod that has I'd say maybe 65% of the mods in

it built for OA so that means that alot of existing stuff from A2WarMod would be upgraded for OA, as their are alot

of mods that are only OA. Alot of new addions too.

I do have a working version of it but its still WIP and it has new updated mods from Modders that I have mods with in A2WarMod.

I cannot release the CO version til I get permissions to use the mods that are in COWarMod.

Once I get my website updated and more towards where I want it, then i will start work on COWarMod which will

probably be a constant WIP as new mods come out and existing ones get updated, this is one reason why I waited

so long to come out with A2WarMod as most of the mods and such that were out were pretty much completed.

Beta testers, and Team

For the next project I will be looking for beta testers, I need feedback from different points of views, testing is important,

with a mod this big its hard to pinpoint alot of things on your own, this is really one of the reasons it took me 3 months to

build the Armed Assault version of WarMod which you can see all the videos I recorded on my website, even on the release thread.

I want to put together a small team of folks that can come up with different ideas, as well as test the mod and possibly add

some different things to the mod that was never done, like for example I wanted to have a loading screen for the latest

A2WarMod version but I could get the pic to be a normal size.

Anyways if anyone wants to be part of a small team for the next project then let me know.

As for now I will be working on my website, and recording vids for the mod, once thats all done then

I will commence the COWarMod project.

While in the process of all this I will provide any support as usual for any questions that folks may have.

Question for you guys

For my latest version here does anyone have any questions on how use the two features

I added the simulated C-130, and the creationism?

So whats the word guys, heres the stats of downloads since release of the new version:

A2WarMod ACE Compatible Full 1.3

Downloaded 340 times

A2WarMod Full 1.3

Downloaded 385 times

A2WarMod Patch 1.3

Downloaded 179 times

total of 904 downloads in 3 days!

All these downloads and no feedback, so the mod must run perfect then?

Only so much time to test... but I haven't really come across any obvious bugs. I'm sure at some point. Although its always hard to tell if the bugs are with a mod or with the particular mission.

thanks for the feedback guys.

Would love to see this for ArmA 2:OA.

It will be out for CO-(combined Ops).

A2WarMod does work in OA, I havent tried specifically on OA by itself, only in CO-(combined Ops), dont think it matters,

but A2WarMod will work in OA.

Problem is there are like well.... trying to figure a number here based on what i have put together so far for the

CO version.... I'd have to say 60-75% of the addons, and mods in A2WarMod will be replaced by OA versions, maybe 55-60%

would be more accurate, but I been working on the CO version for about a month now and already have found a few things to not work.

but I haven't really come across any obvious bugs. I'm sure at some point. Although its always hard to tell if the bugs

are with a mod or with the particular mission.

Yes agree, some times you cannot tell, but I know my own mod fairly well as i spend extensive time testing each addon/mod out

then testing them together with othe addons/mods. The combination tests are the hardest because sometimes you cannot tell

if something is workign a 100% or not, all depends on what it is.

In general some addons and mods are simple thats if a feature is being used in a mission or even test to give you feedback.

If someone can test out the Javelin for me and let me know if it automatically seeks or not. if it

does not then remove:

gdtmod_javelin if this is removed does the javelin now seek?

and when you test this test it in CO, not Arma2 as Arma2 javelin is different then OA's.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Will download this now and get back with some feedback (duh). :)

I liked some of the stuff in 1.2. Like a smorgasboard (smörgåsbord heter det egentligen).

EDIT: Does it play along with Mandos Missile?

Edited by Posta

I'm sorry to report two things just after like 5 minutes of play. I run CO and the latest beta.

1. Takistan doesn't have Dynamic Sound. (Yeah, I know this mod isn't for CO.) Not a bug. It shouldn't have DS for Takistan.

2. Apache. I cranked the baby up and opened the MFD. #6 for TADS and then # 1 for +Optics.

The zooming worked great but the mouse movement worked really bad. Heavy stuttering and missing a lot of mouse input so to speak. Felt like an old "ball-mouse" with 3kg dust in it. Tried with an AI gunner with the same symptoms.

Does it play along with Mandos Missile?

I tested it with Mando when I was on version 1.2 so i should still be Ok, but i was actually trying to include Mando missiles into A2WarMod

but mandoble said the mod isn't a 100% yet so I didn't get permissions, but as far as i know it should run ok.

just wondering if you are planning to add a wound system ?

No, A2WarMod is pretty much done and final, only thing im really focusing on now is just fixes, bugs I find and you guys report.

If you want a wound system add SLX. When I play with A2WarMod I have @A2WarMod;@A2WarModSM;@SLX;@planes;@islands

and then I have GL4 integrated into A2Warmod but i didn't get permission for GL4 to release with A2WarMod so you guys if you want GL4 will have to use it on your own.

I'm sorry to report two things just after like 5 minutes of play. I run CO and the latest beta.

Dont be sorry feedback is a good thing, without how do we fix or adjust anything, Im proud of my Mod but I dont have the pride

where if someone says something dont work or their having this or that issue that it hurts me, i prefer someone to say something

so I can fix it or find what it is.

think of it this way a masterpiece is created by hacking away the unessentials.

As far as the latest beta which is still a full patch that is WIP you could get problems from that, something to keep in mind.

1. Takistan doesn't have Dynamic Sound. (Yeah, I know this mod isn't for CO.) Not a bug. It shouldn't have DS for Takistan.

Ya Dynamic sound was built for Arma2, and only supports certain islands, I actually dont use the full mod of that, only small parts that

give me the big explosions sounds.

It does however initialize so there are some things that do work. Really nothing I can do about it, and really all I can tell you is that if

something dont work in the game or your having a problem with something then please ask me as I will most likely know,

if not then we'll do tests to find out.

I have a whole reference system on my website for each mod in A2WarMod, and features as well as links to tell me which mod does what.

2. Apache. I cranked the baby up and opened the MFD. #6 for TADS and then # 1 for +Optics.

The zooming worked great but the mouse movement worked really bad. Heavy stuttering and missing a lot of mouse input so to speak.

Felt like an old "ball-mouse" with 3kg dust in it. Tried with an AI gunner with the same symptoms.

this was tested on Arma2 correct? or CO? For Arma2 I dont have any issues, so you may have to maybe look at your controls,

or do further tests.

With A2WarMod what I basically did is I went through all of Armaholic, and Armed Assault info, download each addon/mod that

delt with features, effects, AI, realism ect., non faction type mods. Once I ahd all the mods i wanted I made a few missions based

on what the mod does and tested them out, then further tested them out together, now testing them together there are some things

that are hidden that I couldn't find.

This is another reason why I want a small group of people that will soley beta test for me. Really only I can do for A2WarMod is find

out what isn't working and find the other thing that makes it not work, as nothing in A2Warmod is configured, meanign I didn't build

any configs or anything to make all the mods work together, and well its almost not needed, the majority of the mods I'd say 85-90%

of the addons and mods do work, theres a few that will not, and thats what I need you guys for.

Everyone plays their game different so getting feedback and reports from you guys is a good thing,

so keep em coming.

WarMod team

Also anyone that would be willing to help me out for the next version of WarMod which will be COWarMod, i need beta testers.

Nothing is being done right now, it might be a week or more before I start on the CO version but if anyone wants to be part of the next project then let me know.

Your feedback would give me different perspectives on the mod as well as for any bugs or anything, more then what i can do just by myself.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

right on - was hesitant to put SLX in with A2WM as it took me so long to fine tune with GL4 & Zeus.

Guess I will start fine tuning this one - good job.

Chapman

The Apache thing was tested in CO.

I've done further testing though:

Arma 2 (no beta - just CBA, CBA_A2 and A2WarMod).

Same problem when piloting. Mouse input and/or FPS takes a fly out the window.

BUT Gunner works great with optics.

CO (no beta - just CBA and A2WarMod)

Same as with Arma 2.

Gunner optics works great.

Pilot does not. It suffers from low FPS and mouse trouble. Zooming works good as usual.

Hope this helps! :)

Edited by Posta

was hesitant to put SLX in with A2WM as it took me so long to fine tune with GL4 & Zeus.

I integrated SLX with A2WarMod but I dont have the entire mod in it, I also have it integrated into the CO version but

before when i tried the full version I would get an error stating I needed the SLX_ hpp which, I actually just tried it again on

a test mission I have setup and SLX had no issues.

Zeus Ai is already in A2WarMod but Not GL4.

Arma 2 (no beta - just CBA, CBA_A2 and A2WarMod).

Same problem when piloting. Mouse input and/or FPS takes a fly out the window.

BUT Gunner works great with optics.

CO (no beta - just CBA and A2WarMod)

Same as with Arma 2.

Gunner optics works great.

Pilot does not. It suffers from low FPS and mouse trouble. Zooming works good as usual.

Weird i dont get any problems with the mouse.

I'm going to record a quick test mission i play with sometimes,this will be with full A2WarMod 1.3 and

with SLX integrated. pretty cool, Ill post it here after I get it done, could be tomorrow idk.

Have you guys tried the VFai Ladder?

and have you test the Javelin in CO?

A long and boring video about my problem with the optics. You can clearly see my FPS going up and down (mostly down) when piloting. (Fast forward to 1:58.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNnPQQB0tOY

I have the same problem with W7 64bit and CO. Oh, I haven't tried with W7 and Arma 2.

Do keep in mind, I never play Arma 2 nowadays when I have CO. There is no real reason. :)

(Need sleep, sorry for my extra bad english. :) )

Just seen your vid, whats your view distance set too?

Chenarus as far as Im concerned is not exactly the most optimized map, I rarely play on that island,

I can do the same thing you did in the vid and get no issues on other islands, but i have all my vid settings at the lowest, and my view distance set to just over 2000.

I dont think its the mod specifically, but you got to consider to the island, your graphics card, video setting, ect.,

Features on the chooper have nothing to do with your mouse, i realy think it has to do with rendering the terrain your approaching, especailly on chenerus.

I wouldn't worry about it, unless you play nothing but the chopper all the time.

Heck i get lag maybe 45% of the time but only because I have a AMD single core 2.6 cpu, I have a nvidia gtx 260, and my OS is Win xp home.

When i record a vid with fraps its laggy for me but thats because fraps is demanding too, but the vid dont come out laggy.

I should have a couple o vids here soon, utube will prob make it look like crap as usual. One reason why I dont really care to record vids.

I'm with you on the CO, almost no point in playing Arma2 alone if you got Co, then you can have best of OA and Arma2 at the same time,

plus OA is updated, and has more fixes, and performance better.

Just seen your vid, whats your view distance set too?

Chenarus as far as Im concerned is not exactly the most optimized map, I rarely play on that island,

I can do the same thing you did in the vid and get no issues on other islands, but i have all my vid settings at the lowest, and my view distance set to just over 2000.

I dont think its the mod specifically, but you got to consider to the island, your graphics card, video setting, ect.,

Features on the chooper have nothing to do with your mouse, i realy think it has to do with rendering the terrain your approaching, especailly on chenerus.

I tried it on Takistan with CO. It's not island or viewdistance related. Also the different graphics settings give the same problem.

My computer should be able to run this. The gunner optics works great after all.

The easy fix for me is deleting the .pbo for TADS/Optics. That's the great thing with this mod. You can delete the .pbos you don't want. :)

I actually fly helis quite a lot. From time to time that is.

Thanks for your assistance though! :)