Hey Guys!

As I posted in my other posts I made, i still dont have internet, im currently at the library,

with limited time, so I will make this brief, and will answer some questions.

remove this file:

SLX_Mod_Veh_Core:

and your fire, smoke and explosions will return.

But why I haven't these troubles with SLX?

Based on your last question/answer here :

And again: explosions of attached Satchel is very strange: then I touch of them, inityialy nothing happens, then the car become black, but there is no explosion (no fire, no sound, no smoke), then fire and smoke appears on trees which are located close by the car, but there is no fire on vehicle...

Remove this file:

SLX_Mod_Veh_Core:

and you will get your fire, and explosions back.

Oh, I have found them right now

They are all in A2WarMod_Full1.4.zip\A2WarMod Full 1.4\SLX -Reference\SLX Files not in A2WarMod\

But why you moved them here? Are they not compatible with other mods?

No they are optional features you can add to your game, I just left the main core files in

SLX as in the original SLX by Solus he had the files in an extras folder, so i basically did the same thing.

Thanks for your support and patience!

Edited by Gnter Severloh

I don't know, if it's right place, but i've got a problem. I've installed mod propertly but when i try to preview map, "x\cba\addons\main\script_marcos_common.hpp not found" pops up. But it only happens with vanilla units. Mod units work propertly. Sorry for grammatic errors.

---------- Post added at 09:15 ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 ----------

Ok, ok i found out what was the problem.

You mean this:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15824&highlight=HETMAN

I dont see why not but it would need to be tested.

also A2WarMod is not an addon its a mod, an addon is a small single addition to the game be it units, vehicles or the like,

a mod is a massive alteration of the game, a total conversion of the game with alot of things added and changed.

A2WarMod will be rebuilt like COWarMod was and is my next project for the WarMod series,

right now Im just taking a break from working on the mods.

If you guys want any addons and mods you think would be good that I can add to the next version post what mod they are and link,

remember only Arma2 only as that is what A2WarMod is for hence the A2=Arma2.

The next version of A2WarMod will be v 1.5, it will be a rebuild, so old versions v 1.4 and under will be obsolete and are no longer supported and cannot be patched.

1.4 periodically causing cursing toward A2_simplfied_radioxxxxsomething fire_and_smoke and warmod_loading add-ons in various multiplayer missions testing.

and crash once w/some BE Warfare maps :)

In English.

all im reading is something to do with loading addons and a crash Type slowly, think slowly, use proper English etiquette,

and tell me what is wrong with the mod and report one thing at a time, or dont post.

In English.

all im reading is something to do with loading addons and a crash Type slowly, think slowly, use proper English etiquette,

and tell me what is wrong with the mod and report one thing at a time, or dont post.

with with modification, Arma2[1.11 Vanilla to be exact] will fail sometimes in-middle of multiplayer missions.

and after first failures, series of different, similar messages, appear, usually preventing multiplayer.

usually mentioned in appearing error-measage/msgbox-es, add-ons are enumerated in message above.

so complete Arma2/A2Warfare combo relaunch/restart required to keep it working.

p.s.

there is [almost no, anymore]"proper English etiquette" and both Australian, British, American, Zimbabwean, Russian and Internet dialects of English will had right to live/evolve, so basically its more about "gimme something usable/understandable" rather than fighting for "proper etiquette" values of grammar nazi's.

Edited by BasileyOne

Post the error messages.

I'm no grammar nazi, I just disapprove of a of mixed words that lead up not making any sense then i have to ask 20 questions

just to find out what you are actually saying.

Etiquette to me is writing something everyone can comprehend with a certain order that describes what it is one is referring to without having to reread,

or try to understand another language of writing that no one but the poster can understand.

Since Im such a nice guy and I care about the users of my mod, I try to help and or support as best as I can, even if what they type comes across as gibberish,

or some foreign alien language I need a hieroglyphic bible to translate.

But on the basis that im going to rebuild the mod and release a v 1.5, then squashing any bugs in v 1.4 is important.

lastly post the error messages you are getting and we'll go from there.

get it. sure.

i'll try make screenshot next time i end testing A2Warmod with similar result/issues.

Anyone still play with Arma2 only A2WarMod?

Should I even update the mod to v 1.5 or am I wasting my time?

Anyone still play with Arma2 only A2WarMod?

Should I even update the mod to v 1.5 or am I wasting my time?

personally, last months had not much time left for gaming AT ALL, sadly ;(

few WF/CTI games per/week nightly/before sleep didn't count, i suppose.

but i would welcome update/re-build to test, anyway.

subj was in one of my favorite categories, anway, ie "re-refinement"/"total conversion"/re-build mod.

basically its mainly lacked integrity/consistency/testing, rather than "feature-packing/density" ratio or WoW-effect.compared to FFUR2007 from past days, for example. but thats 99% add-ons/mods issue, including [famous]ACE or L44.

no offense.

Edited by BasileyOne

The mod isn't supposed to be a magical, spectical, of wows,oohs and ahhs, as i did not script anything to do anything that would surprise,

or make you do stuff out of the ordinary other then what the compilation already does based on features from what addons and mods it contains.

For all WarMod versions in the series is a compilation, so in other words A2WarMod is a compilation of almost all

the Arma2 addons and mods for Arma2 in one mod, running together.

All the WarMod versions are customizable if you dont like a feature then remove it.

Please dont compare WarMod with any other mods, as other mods like ACE, and FFur are not compilations of community mods in one mod.

WarMod is a unique mod, what i find funny is why hasn't anyone with all the skilled and creative modders in the community, hasn't anyone

taken all the mods and put them into one, why did it take an Average ordinary Arma player like myself with an inspiration and motivation to

want all the mods in one mod to go and build it, and not once but 7 times!

A2WarMod wont be updated, or rebuilt, i'm done with it, and have really no more interest in working on the Arma2 version.

I have other projects, plus i dont play with Arma2 alone, with Arma3 on the horizon theres no sense for me to update or rebuild a mod

i haven't played since its last update, plus to me COWarMod is better, it has all of A2WarMod mod's and then some, so if you want an upgrade or a rebuilt

mod then get OA so you can play CWM Full v1.2, that I will be updating with one more patch.

Sorry guys but Im burnt out, its alot of work and time to mod and or compile, plus my computer more like my

cpu sucks so im lucky to play at all some times.

Thank you for your interest in A2WarMod.

happen eventually. from time to time. with anyone.

within random/any context/meaning.

but wear-off, usually =)

people recover )

p.s. sorry if comparison or [maybe "not-so grounded"]criticizm hurt/offend you, btw :)

basically there is won't much activity within modders[and Around Arma2 "in general"], cause most of them [patiently]looking into [expected/delayed]Arma3 project for baseline/new platform/engine to work with/on.

No worries BasileyOne, I wasn't hurt or offended, its just a mod, if there was an actual relevant comparison to another

compilation then maybe I'd take it more personal but its not important. it comes down to one thing, you either like it or you dont.

In a way Im sad to say that i wont be working on A2WarMod anymore, it was a good mod, still is, I'm just not motivated, or have the energy to put forth to rebuild it,

i mean it takes alot of time and mental energy, you have to drop alot of things and put your head in the game when doing this stuff, at least I do, a total rebuild like I did with

WarMod for Arma1, and COWarMod took a few months a piece, and to me its not realistic enough to do something for a small number of players and not get any

donations on my site for all my hard work, not that i ask for any, or expect any but it does help alot.

Also theres really not much more i can add or update on the mod, the mod is already pretty good as it is, not like a player cant update existing mods in it,

or add some Arma2 only mods themselves, if you get an error and are not sure then give me a shout.

I recently downloaded this mod and enjoyed it, but I found I wasn't a big fan of the radio discipline/streamlined radio mods (they seemed to spam things that didn't make sense and I just didn't feel like it was any improvement over vanilla) so I took them out of the addons folder but I'm still seeing their affects in game (still silent movement commands, AI still yelling "CONTACT!" whenever we see another person/vehicle whether it be friend, civilian or foe - extremely annoying, still referring to Humvees and other vehicles as "trucks" regardless of what they are, etc.) so is there anything extra I have to do disable them? Seems very strange that I'm still experiencing the affects after taking them out of the addons folder, but I haven't been active in modding since the OFP days so obviously I'm a bit behind when it comes to knowledge of the Arma II system. Thanks!

And aside from that minor gripe/issue, awesome job with WarMod btw! Currently trying to get COWarMod to work but having issues with getting Operation Arrowhead to load Arma II files on Steam :shootme:

Edited by Spectre867

Hi, its been a long time since i have seen anything for A2WarMod, glad you like it.

As for your issue remove the file sar_krik

this is what it does:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10584

you can also remove SLX_shout it may add to the issue as well.

Try those and see if that helps.

As for CoWarMod it requires Arma2CO Arma2 + OA, so be sure you have Arma2CO running without the mod.

Any questions concerning COWarMod please use this thread for it:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?121837-COWarMod-Release

Hey Gunter, thanks for the reply - so far I've deleted sar_krik, SLX_shout, radio_discipline, radio_streamlined_a2, radio_streamlined_a2_identify, and all the RUG_DSAI files in the addons folder as well as the slx_alpha_teams and slx_alpha_numbers .pbo and .bisign files but still having some of the same effects... are there any other files that would affect the radio commands? Thanks again for your help!

Suggest to test Arma2 by itself without the mod and make sure its not the game itself.

Yup vanilla A2 is still vanilla as always... strange that some of those effects are still there even though the addons are gone... might end up having to reinstall A2 completely to get by some Steam issues making AO work with A2 though so I'll see how it works without installing those .pbo files at all in the first place and see if that works.

If you are going to reinstall Arma2 and then update it with OA, then follow this procedure:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?145044-can-t-run-ARMA-II&p=2284585&viewfull=1#post2284585

Since you have steam then patching will be automatic if you have it enabled.

I dont have anything Arma related for steam so the method should work.

Any other questions, problems let me know.

I just get the error "Include file userconfig/fnc_ballistics/fnc_ballistics_config.hpp not found", and then ArmA2 stops loading! I've got CBA installed ok, and nothing else like ACE2 or anything that might interfere with it, so I'm at a loss here!

I tried deleting all the FNC related files from the addons directory - and the missing config.hpp's just continue with other files instead.....

Edited by ArmAGirl

I just get the error "Include file userconfig/fnc_ballistics/fnc_ballistics_config.hpp not found", and then ArmA2 stops loading! I've got CBA installed ok, and nothing else like ACE2 or anything that might interfere with it, so I'm at a loss here!

I tried deleting all the FNC related files from the addons directory - and the missing config.hpp's just continue with other files instead.....

The fnc_ballistics userconfig needs to go into your arma 2 main 'userconfig' in the arma 2 game folder. Just copy it over (hpp) from warmod into arma 2 userconfig, complete in its folder. Should be o.k. then. If there is no userconfig folder in your arma 2 game folder make one named exactly 'userconfig' then copy over hpp folders that are needed by some mod/addons. Not sure if others are needed for warmod as I don't use it.

The root of that would look something like this: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\fnc_ballistics\

Thanks Chris - thats got it working

Most features are really yay, though out of so many new things I suppose there's always going to be a least one not to your liking!

Im not keen on that tiny eye straining new radar display - YUK, it's HORRID - who da faq thought that was a good idea - and it's placed right behind your squad member icons too! Rubbish! And the onscreen waypoint markers (y'know the little yellow and green arrows) not having the distance to them shown - not only less info but makes the markers almost invisible!!!!

Also I've already had a bug where dead soldiers just "freeze into statues" instead of falling down happen three times in just the first test game! "Hide Body" doesnt even work on them

Why does the game's intro anim (the one on the "desert" map with the helo passing overhead you see when ARMA2:OA first loads) change into a buggy "blank view of open ocean" too?

So loving the fact all ArmA2's standard horrible vision fade in/out bloom effects have been reduced - I hated it when even the faintest streetlight almost totally blinded you when using NVGs! And all those horrible "2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 go... to that....... tree....... at........ 3.....o'clock" crap has gone! Finally! That's another thing I've hated since OFP! :mad:

The new fire and smoke effects are a zillion times better than BIS pathetic efforts! And you've made the coloured flares have proper vivid colours again like in OFP and ArmA1 - yay! :bounce3:

There's a bug with the flare ammo though - instead of having the 5 stated flares in one bag (like the ammo desc says, and like the HE grenades have) it only has one - which is pants seeing as that one flare takes up 2 slots! Simple config.cpp bug should be easy to fix?

I also noticed it credits you will air kills twice..... I shot down one Mi24 and one Mi8 and my stats said 2x Mi24 and 2x Mi8..... suppose it beats not being credited at all most times like the game usually always does.

PS/ The "frozen statue" bug only seems to be happening with the USMC troop units? Seems ok with Russian units and ACR units I played with in the last game.

Anyone got a link for version 1.5 too? I can only find 1.4, but saw on the A2WarMod site that 1.5 was due for release 2 years ago...?

Edited by ArmAGirl

There is no version 1.5 that was for WarMod which is for Arma1 the original mod that started the series, v 1.5 for

WarMod was released that weekend as it says on the news on my site you read.

A2WarMod (for Arma2) only goes up to v 1.4

Keep in mind as i had said a 100 times in all my release threads for the series that the mod is customizable, if you dont like something then remove it.

A2WarMod is not supported anymore which means I wont update it anymore, your should get OA and update your game to arma2Co and play with COWarMod which has most

of A2WarMod addons and mods in it, plus a ton more new mods and improvements over A2WarMod.

Just to note if your looking for any downloads for any of the warmods you can find them on my site, all versions are linked and hosted through armaholic, so if your on a

download page like for A2WarMod for example and you dont see a v 1.5, and only v 1.4 then that means there is only a v 1.4 latest versions of the mod

are always listed at the top of the page for the patches.