Cool - Ive got ArmA1 too, so WarMod 1.5 is definately going to get a download

I can use that COWarMod instead of A2WarMod too, wow - there IS a lot more to it isn't there.....

but why force remove the ammo count displays, I've even removed the x_TrueUser_IGUI_Text_HideAmmoCount.pbo file that is meant to be responsible, and it STILL doesn't restore the ammo display! GRRRR! What else is also doing it?

I can use that COWarMod instead of A2WarMod too

Only if you have Arma2CO, as COWarMod hence the CO is for combined ops aka arma2CO.

but why force remove the ammo count displays

realism, you dont have a hud in real life, and realistically guns dont tell you how much ammo you have left til you get a click, or til you cant shoot,

if you prefer to have a hud then remove the file you removed.

I've even removed the x_TrueUser_IGUI_Text_HideAmmoCount.pbo file that is meant to be responsible, and it STILL doesn't restore the ammo display!

Be sure to check your difficulty settings to make sure you have the hud on, if so, refer to this page for the files in detail for A2WarMod:

http://warmod.webs.com/arma2featuresdetail.htm

Only if you have Arma2CO, as COWarMod hence the CO is for combined ops aka arma2CO.

realism, you dont have a hud in real life, and realistically guns dont tell you how much ammo you have left til you get a click, or til you cant shoot,

Youll have to forgive me, but Im feeling really fobbed off and patronised right now. Realism my foot! This is purely down to "realists snobbery" forcing their whimsies on everyone else. This could so easily have been made optional for those who do still want to have fun, convenient features - even if they do break the great Dawkinsian "realist" rules.

if you prefer to have a hud then remove the file you removed.

Da faq? I mean I DID remove "x_TrueUser_IGUI_Text_HideAmmoCount.pbo" - and like I said - it fixed nothing! One of the other (or probably ALL of them) pbo files must also have the same "enforced realism" code hidden amongst them. I don't fancy running through all 230 of them one by one to find out which ones! All I wondered is if you knew which might be responsible!

Be sure to check your difficulty settings to make sure you have the hud on, if so, refer to this page for the files in detail for A2WarMod:

http://warmod.webs.com/arma2featuresdetail.htm

Yes all hud settings are switched on in the game's difficulty options. Again why FORCE such "realisms" on us permanently when there are these built-in options to turn it off - again, sheer "this is the way I play the game and therefore everyone else on the planet must also play this way too" attitude.

I do indeed have ARMA2 CO/OA and are using COWarMod - referring to the A2WarMod's page is pretty pointless.

The "A2WarMod" did NOT actually cause the ammo count to vanish anyway - so must not have had this "x_TrueUser_IGUI_Text_HideAmmoCount.pbo" file at all!

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

I think I found it - it was the dumb addon that displayed the unnecessary extra UI icons for weapons modes and scope zeroing. The one that added the pointless little "fire mode switch" and "scope zeroing" icons in the right of the screen. That also added the "press P to weigh your magazine" and therefore removed the specific ammo counter.

Sorry to be so abrupt with you Gunther but you were coming across as being all "how dare this dumb bint criticise my work" IMO.

Anyway - youre going get one more..... this is something that has happened EIGHT times whilst using CoWarMod, and it happened twice whilst using A2WarMod as well, but NEVER has happened at all when not using them..... every ten minutes or so the game freezes for about 20 seconds - and then wakes again, but all the graphics go absolutely apeshit! All the textures turn strange colours - I even had the sky completely turn green and be filled with the various icons usually used on the game map! The trees all turned blue and cloudy once, the menu text just turns to mush. Yet the game doesn't crash! If I drop to windows and return to the game it usually fixes itself.

Looks like the GPU memory is getting overloaded IMO - it is a 6 yr old NVidia GTX 260 after all - and the latest drivers have done nothing but cause stability trouble with it (even though they doubled my frame rates!)..... so it's is probably a combination of ArmA2 + the sheer volume of stuff in this mod + crap from these shitty new drivers that's the trouble.

Just wondering if anyone else ever had a similar thing happen?

Edited by ArmAGirl

Youll have to forgive me, but Im feeling really fobbed off and patronised right now. Realism my foot! This is purely down to "realists snobbery" forcing their whimsies on everyone else.

This could so easily have been made optional for those who do still want to have fun, convenient features - even if they do break the great Dawkinsian "realist" rules.

As said the mod is customizable it is optional, just yank the file if you dont want that particular feature, no one is forcing anything on you.

Yes all hud settings are switched on in the game's difficulty options. Again why FORCE such "realisms" on us permanently when there are these built-in options to turn it off - again, sheer

"this is the way I play the game and therefore everyone else on the planet must also play this way too" attitude.

Again such attitude is non existent, but you can also say the same to all the other modders and their mods, like I44, ACE, CWR, ect,. they force you to use their setup as its all built through configs you can change anything, WarMod is addons and mods compiled together in one mod, giving you the option to remove a file or two to your liking, as the mod is customizable.

I do indeed have ARMA2 CO/OA and are using COWarMod - referring to the A2WarMod's page is pretty pointless.

Then why are you asking questions on the A2WarMod thread, I am assuming based on your problems/questions that they are with A2WarMod, so i linked the page accordingly.

I think I found it - it was the dumb addon that displayed the unnecessary extra UI icons for weapons modes and scope zeroing. The one that added the pointless little "fire mode switch" and "scope zeroing" icons in the right of the screen. That also added the "press P to weigh your magazine" and therefore removed the specific ammo counter.

Pointless? every mod built has a point, and function and or intention to them, go tell Das Attorney--> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?145373-ScopeFX-Dynamic-scopes-including-TrackIR-support his scope fx mod is pointless, as I have said already if you dont like a feature then remove it, and again the mod is a compilation mod, the intention was to compile all the addons and mods into one mod, which provides numerous features from the modding community.

I have spent countless hours of my free time testing each individual mod, to make sure they worked, then tested them again with other mods to make sure they would still work,

then spent even more time getting permissions which took me about 2-3 weeks to do, then add all the time for building readmes, uploading files, organizing folders, uploading to a host, building a description, listing features, providing links, then rebuilding description in html code, ect,. then building pages on my site, so A2WarMod took me 3+ months to do, CoWarMod was 6+ months, have some appreciation for those that make something available to you with no cost other then their time, and its not just me doing the work its the whole community, if it weren't for all the modders that I have used their addons and mods then WarMod would not exist.

If you have questions then fine i will answer and provide support the best I can, but lose the attitude.

Sorry to be so abrupt with you Gunther but you were coming across as being all "how dare this dumb bint criticise my work" IMO.

Please list the line that gave you that idea, if i came across that way sorry but thats not my intention.

Only thing I find that i dont care for is your lack of respect to the fellow modders who built the mods that are in my mod, as i know those guys, have had numerous conversations with them, have been granted permission to use their work in my own, have asked and made suggestions to improve their work with ideas, reported issues when I found them, took the time to recommend them in other places over other mods that were close to doing the same thing, these guys spend alot of time to create features for the game, so you can better enjoy your own game more if you want or are interested in those features.

A majority of the modders here have been in the series since it started, they had to do alot of studying and testing, and spend alot of time to learn and know, and do what they do, as putting a mod together takes alot of understanding of code, as well as knowing how the game works, its very intricate, and delicate, my mod series may only be just compilations mods, but i've yet to see someone spend the countless hours researching, testing, testing, testing, testing, building, ect,. and spending many months to release something that has given them joy, all on their freetime.

All my mods were built aside a fulltime job, in every spare time I had, i did it for myself to start, but after seeing that the community liked what i had done, continued with it, its very challenging to be creative when your tired, when you have set certain objectives, and or have a list of things to do, and figure out without having to spend a year to do it, if I were getting paid for it it be a different story, then at least I'd be compensated for my work, but all i get is the feedback from the community, so what folks like and enjoy is basically the whole intent behind the mod.

Theres nothing really free here, someone here (me and many modders) had a cost of some sort to get to you what you can download for free.

Looks like the GPU memory is getting overloaded IMO - it is a 6 yr old NVidia GTX 260 after all - and the latest drivers have done nothing but cause stability trouble with it

(even though they doubled my frame rates!)..... so it's is probably a combination of ArmA2 + the sheer volume of stuff in this mod + crap from these shitty new drivers that's the trouble.

Just wondering if anyone else ever had a similar thing happen?

Yes, in general with the game and with other mods too, it all depends on one's system, as the game overall is very cpu and gpu intensive, its been like that since the first game in the series,

so if you can afford it upgrading will help, 2+ gigs of ram is a big help, a powerful cpu is a definite plus, and good gpu cards would make a difference, and a good PSU (power supply) is a plus!

I had your cards before, its a good card, but I upgraded and was running two 285's for a year or so, and now since last Oct i had overhauled my setup, and Asus mobo, run a new CPU I7 quad,

with 4+gigs of ram, with 850psu, and 2 nvidia 560Ti's with this i can play Arma3 maxed out, just giving you an idea of whats possible if and when you ever decide and can afford it to upgrade,

as it would help you, I had struggled for years in this series to get the games playable enough, and now i can finally :j:

Sorry bout being a bit bitchy :o but being a 17 yr old feisty blonde who's as much into getting loads of shoes & handbags as gaming - I'm still stuck with the catty teenage girl syndrome, and I'll not pull any punches sometimes. Just ask my poor BF, (he must like it tho - he'd walk otherwise! :j:)

Just have a look on Armaholic.com - and those "Conspiracies" mods..... (by a "sled88" I think his name was), I mean you gotta admit, those Conspiracies mods were pretty bug-riddled and seemed unfinished - he got some serious tongue lashings! So did that "31st Normandy" mod - the version on armaholic is full of bugs and crashes! You'll see youve got away lightly here!!!!

Just looking at DxDiag anyway - my GPU is only a 1Gb Nvidia GTX 260, bout 6 yrs old, 3Gb of RAM, still got XP (my dad hates the later windows and wont have them :(), for some reason 2 sound cards a Soundblaster Audigy & SoundMAX HD Audio, the GPU bit says "AMD Phenom II X4 940, MMX, 3DNow 4CPUs 3.0GHz" - god knows what the PSU's rated at.... but I think it's a bit low..... if playing anything that makes the GPU work hard when having a few USB devices plugged in - those USB devices sometimes cut out - I think the system is having brown outs!

I do get OK frame rates out of ArmA2, usually 30 - 40fps, but its unstable.... no way it would take well to ArmA3!

This compilation is for ArmA2 Standalone.

if you use ArmA2CO use this other one

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, konrad.paul said:

Firstly, Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\ui\data\note_gr.paa. Did you ever solve this.

Hi, no have no idea what thats from, if you have your logs on it may be showing up for you, otherwise

its a texture file from something, should be a simple fix if i can locate the mod for it.

4 hours ago, konrad.paul said:

Secondly there is nowhere where I can get a copy of A2WarMod 1.4

I dont have 1.4 i have no copies of the mod, theres only whats here

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1671

Only use A2WarMod if your playing with Arma 2 alone, not with OA, if your running Arma 2OA basically combined ops

then use my COWarMod instead. Dont use both A2WarMod and COWarMod like shown in your screenshot.

A2WarMod has mods in it for and from Arma 2 and only work in Arma 2, then theres mods that work in Arma 2OA only which is what my CoWarMod is for.

Imo i'd use COWarMod instead if you have combined ops, i just updated it last year and it has new links on the release thread.

Also run CoWarMod by itself to make sure that no other mod is conflicting with it.

Last i played with CoWarMod was last year and i had no issues with errors or menus not showing up, of course i customized my version.

But understand that A2WarMod and CoWarMod are customizable that means you can remove mods if you dont like a feature,

information on whats in the mod is in the mod folder.

I wont be updating or fixing A2WarMod so dont ask, i would prefer to work on CoWarMod if three is anything to do to it

as i do still have the mod installed and can play it.

• Thanks 1

Welcome,

If your going to be using COWarMod then, then any questions ask on that thread, as said COWarMod is the epitome of what

A2WarMod was and then new stuff .... alot of new stuff and better for Arma 2oa.

I also recommend playing with my sound mod i had compiled back in the day if it interests you,

release thread for that is here:

• Like 1