Thnx a bunch that answer's all my questions. Im going to have the other party members dl the mod anyways cause the game without mods is not playable.

A2WarMod 1.4 Patch / Rebuild

As of Sunday, May 29th, 2011

A2WarMod will be Patched and Rebuilt, what I will be doing with the mod is the following:

Rebuild

• Update all the mods with their latest update (if update is availiable)

• Remove a few files that generate their own sounds making any added sound mods distorted or not work like they are supposed to.

• Integrate SLX into the mod

• Build a loading screen to indicate A2WarMod is loaded and running

• update readmes where necessary

• add new mods for arma2 that I have been granted permission forr COWarMod

The Rebuild will be a complete rework of A2WarMod, basically rebuilt and compiled. It will be a total mod download.

Patch

• Patch will have the new and latest updates for any and or all addons/Mods

• SLX will be integrated

• Loading Screen

• any new mods to be added

• Updated readmes

• Readme of files to remove for those who are getting the patch

The Patch will be basically an update.

This will bring A2WarMod to version 1.4

Website for warmod WIP has been updated

with new info box containing all of A2WarMod information.

Expect the Release/Update sometime in June.

Any questions, please let me know.

Great to hear about the 1.4 update. As of right now though im getting

Addon 'BD_Multigunfix' requires addon 'extended_eventhandlers'

when i launch the game. Any idea what this means?

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Ok i fixed that issue by downloading that additional addon but now i get

addon 'extended_eventhandlers' requires addon 'caweapons3'

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Ok nvm i figured it out, found a old post of yours that explained i needed 2 additional mods the cba and cba_a2 now everything is running fine

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

This is a bit off topic but any idea on why you cant host the campaign from the beginning and progress through the campaign in co-op? Im having to launch each mission manually, and when u beat a mission it dosent unlock the next one , i have to use cheat code "campaign" to select the next one and re'host.

Yes sir with Arma2 you need @CBA;@CBA_A2

if you had CO (Arma2 + OA) then all you need is CBA.

As for your last question, I have no idea, and best to post in the editing section, search first. Stay on subject for mod threads.

Yes sir with Arma2 you need @CBA;@CBA_A2

if you had CO (Arma2 + OA) then all you need is CBA.

As for your last question, I have no idea, and best to post in the editing section, search first. Stay on subject for mod threads.

Yea sorry about that i got it working.

Hosting @A2WarMod on a dedicated server under Arma2 Combined Op's, No Errors at all

Everything loads up nicely, not one error :), thats a very good point!!!

But i have little problem with my Arma2 CO Client starting, i got the mods in good order

@CBA;@@A2WarMod;@lingor, all load up with no error, only when i start the mission i get the message You Cannot play/Edit this mission blablablabla Dependent on downloadable contents that has bin deleted, "harcp_c_weap" But the file is there

Must be something small, but ok, i cant get in game, as that file is missing ???

Anyone a hint maybe what it could be....the file is there in both Arma2 CO, Dedicated Server and Client....??? thanks for your time :)

I will wait till V1.4 Co get's out :) i think its better to relax a bit, Dont push grany in the stairs and ask her why she goes so fast....lol

Edited by Mac_Spliff=ISK=
More info

Hey Mac,

Hosting @A2WarMod on a dedicated server under Arma2 Combined Op's, No Errors at all

Everything loads up nicely, not one error

May be no errors, but I guarentee there are a few mods not working, a mod dont need an error message to tell you its not working.

I had already tested A2WarMod in Arma2CO, and with COWarMod I had to remove some addons and mods that were indeed conflicting,

and or not working int he mod, thats why its best that A2Warmod be run for Arma2 only as all addons and mods in it are for it.

You Cannot play/Edit this mission blablablabla Dependent on downloadable contents that has bin deleted, "harcp_c_weap" But the file is there

Must be something small, but ok, i cant get in game, as that file is missing ???

Remove all the HArcp files unless you like that sound change in your game, and you wont have any issues,

but if you dont have that file on your server, or in your client side files then you will get that error.

Dont know what else to tell you buddy, it all on your end, check what you have, and make sure your command line is correct too.

I will wait till V1.4 Co get's out

That would be A2WarMod 1.4 not COWarMod v 1.4, COWarMod will be 1.0 when released.

Check the WarMod WIP page on my website, I just updated it today, with what Im currently working on and how far the mod is.

Any questions let me know.

As per my website:

http://warmod.webs.com/

A2WARMOD UPDATE

-Today I had completed all the readmes, still finalizing the changelog

-I had removed all the files (addons/mods) causing issues/conflicts ingame

-I have to add SLX yet, and still add the new additions, as well as updates to existing mods and then test.

-Still need to work on the loading screen and test

-Might be able to release this weekend if all testing goes well,

-I am planning on creating a short vid for A2WarMod, nothing amazing or anything something like a trailer.

So Look forward to this weekend, i will post this on BIS forums A2WarMod thread.

============

You can follow the progress for COWarMod, and A2WarMod on the

Warmod wip page, usually updated when I have new or info to post.

Any questions, let me know.

Wanted to let you guys know for those of you who are looking for the next update for A2WarMod,

as I had said on my website that I would possibly release this weekend that means today the 12th,

or before the day ends.

It may still be possible, it may not, it will get done in its own time.

Problem

I ran into a small problem with integrating SLX, and the problem is basically all im getting is an error message

at the startup of the game and then a small bunch of warning messages in my RPT which refer to certain SLX files

requiring files from CA_ this and that which has me stumped.

Theory

I have a theory to my problem which is that this issue is only specific to my game,

which in fact may not showup for anyone else, I cannot say for sure.

Best thing i can say is that after all the updates, removal of certain conflicting files (not SLX)

the game runs without freezes, and crashes, runs pretty smooth, and I found it to be actually

funner and more enjoyable then the previous version.

Whats yet to be done?

whats yet to be done:

-build a readme for the files (pbos) that were removed, so those that get the patch only can remove those listed.

This will take me but 30min to do so no time at all.

-make sure readmes are accurate for SLX

-make adjustments for the loading screen having a small problem with it atm, it works just dont look right.

-pack the files and upload both a full version, and patch version.

As I said it may be possible that I might get it all done today, if not today early this coming

week as I have other RL things to do this weekend.

=================

If I dont figure out this error message thing with SLX then Im going to release as is, and then let you

guys give me feedback on what your getting on your end, having a different perspective on the mod

will help me better figure out what needs to be done if any.

I'll post this on my website sometime today as well.

Any thoughts or questions let me know.

Ok guys, small update, with Wolle's insight I had removed the errors, I had to actually edit a few SLX files themselves,

I removed quite a few bugs.

Still a bug left which i cant figure out, this may take a little more time then I thought.

Only thing I'm getting right now is a error message that pops up apon the loading of the menu ingame, which is good,

and it is not effecting the game as far as I can tell, as I use a few missions to test varying aspects of the mod to determine

which features are workign and which ones are not.

However the rpt is spammed a little by this, so im pondering to either just remove the associated files or leave it.

other then that I have no issues with SLX integrated.

Still need to test more.

All for now.

A2WarMod 1.4 Patch / Rebuild Release

Here is the release of version 1.4 of A2WarMod, this is just the patch Atm, as I still have

to upload the Full updated version which is the rebuild.

Armaholic Download:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14536

Download Mirror:

https://dc387.4shared.com/download/Uo8LPe6a/A2WarMod_Patch_14.zip

Important Note:

This is for those who already have the existing A2WarMod Full version 1.3

there is a wordpad document that is included in the download, the title of this file is File Remove List

it lists all the files (pbos) needed to be removed from the A2WarMod Full version 1.3 that if you have that version.

Why is this important?

because the files list are some files that cause conflicts, addons/mods that dont work,

prevent other mods from working, especially added sound mods ect,.

Other Notes:

I had alot of problems integrating SLX, as well as issues with the loading screen this is why it took me longer then expected.

SLX had many rpt errors, as well as errors poping up apon loading the game, i ahd removed those errors,

even had to edit several addons in SLX to remove those errors.

There is a folder labled SLX which is a reference, it has a folder in it that has all the files that I did not add,

you can add those at your own risk.

the SLX_wounds files do work ingame, but may have an error pop up.

After many tests, the game is stable and I had no issues other those rpt errors.

As for the loading screen, its nothing special, if you dont like it then either remove it or suggest how I can fix it.

Patch Changelog

-added SLX mod

-added Streamlined Radio

-added WarMod Loading screen

-updated ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD)

-updated JTD FireAndSmoke

-updated Ballistics

-updated Scopes

-updated Muzzlevelocity

-updated Mechanized Infantry Tactics Addon

-updated GLT Aerial Weapons Replacement Pack

-updated/fix Zeus AI

I will post again with the Full version (rebuild) of A2WarMod v 1.4,

and a link from Armaholic for the patch.

Thank you for your patience.

Edited by Gnter Severloh
Update

Gunter, thank you so much for this. Love this compilation. Made / makes my life so much easier and just adds so much. Thank you for taking the time to go through all these mods and pick out the great bits and get rid of most of the bugs. Very much appreciated.

Your welcome.

The A2WarMod Full v 1.4 should be out by tomorrow (Monday), I have a mirror link for it but the download is slow, so Im awaiting for Foxhound at Armaholic to release a link.

Again this is the Full version of A2WarMod v .14with SLX, and many other things added, all the fixes ect,.

What are the thoughts on the loading screen?

I had trouble trying to get it to a size that works, not really much i can do there.

Alright fellas, finally got this finsihed, here is the Full version of A2WarMod v 1.4

this is with all patches, 1.2, 1.3, and the latest stuff from 1.4 all applied.

The full version has alot of "bugs" and issues removed that I found in version 1.3, full version also has quite a few

updates applied, also has a loading screen although nothing special looks ok on my end, but tbh I felt the size seemed

overstretched and the whole pic didn't fit the screen to well, works perfect in Arma2 CO but I will leave that for my COWarMod version ;).

Here is the link to download from Armaholic:

A2WarMod Full version 1.4

Download:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12254

If your downloading the mod for the first time then get the full version

If your updating your current A2WarMod v 1.3 then get the 1.4 Patch:

Download:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14536

For the patch there is a readme that you need to read as it is titled:

"File remove List"

this readme lists all the files that need to be removed that causes problems, for sounds, and other things,

as well as being replaced, and or do things that other files already do and may conflict with.

I will be now back to work on COWarMod which is my latest version of WarMod for Arma2CO which has not

official but about close to if not more then 200 addons/mods/tweaks ect,.

refer to my WIP, and news on the warmod website for more info.

thanks for your patience.

Any questions, problems, or whatever then please let me know.

I loved the mod when it was working but I had to delete it do to problems with loading saves (I think it might have to do with running A2warmod with Combined Operations.)

Bring on COwarmod! You have another person here that cannot wait. :D

I appreciate, and thank you for being a fan of the mod, it is indeed a fun and great pleasure to play with.

The mod works in parts to form a whole, so that means being a customizable compilation mod, their are many

mods that make up the total of this mod hence a compilation mod.

As I had said many posts before A2Warmod was built for Arma2 alone, it will work in Arma2CO,

but their will be things not working.

Before you removed the mod did you check your vanilla game to be sure that the saves were working or not

working with the vanilla game?, as I recall the vanilla game had issues with that.

Also in A2WarMod many posts back as well as on my website someone had asked I cannot save my game or I cannot save,

nor load saves, my answer to that was, find and remove this pbo from the A2WarMod addons folder:

DisableSavingAltogether_Dev_C_PROPER.pbo

Remember A2WarMod is a customizable compilation mod, that means all addons and mods in the mod itself

can be customized to suite your style of gameplay, in other words if you dont like a certain addon or mod then remove it,

or tweak it if it has a userconfig, if you dont know which one then look on my website or in the readme included with

the download and or post here and ask me.

Understand what your downloading before you download it, this mod took alot of time to put together, research, test,

and make work, like 4+ months total, no pun intended but take the time to look at what you get when you get it,

read the readmes as thats why their there for your information, as well as my website for your reference.

There is also a "Ask a Question" on my website where you can post a question in a chat form and

I will answer your question as soon as I get to it, most likely the same day.

For COWarMod it will be out by July 1st you thought A2WarMod was/is great, then CoWarMod will make you change your shorts, lol,

but check your vanilla game before you decide its the mod,

and ask, also use this thread as a reference as thats its purpose.

Really awesome mod! :bounce3:

Any plans for integration of ACE WOUNDS instead of SLX WOUNDS?

Our squad only plays with ACE WOUNDS SYSTEM, so it would be great to have an option to use your "compilation" aswell...

Thank you,

No plans, I dont play with Ace and have no idea on how Ace works for wounding.

SLX_wounds was actually taken out of the mod as I had error messages coming up for it, but it does work ingame,

so I left up to the player/user themselves to decide if they want to use it.

A2WarMod 1.4 is pretty much final at this point as Im working on CoWarMod, but if you have a suggestions, or ideas

i will consider them, and be open to it. I had an Ace compatible version for v 1.3 of the mod but not this time around.

Test

Heres a test for you if you took the ace wounding system out of the ace files and played with it in vanilla would it work?,

and would any errors come up like say Ace_wounds or whatever requires so and so to play,

if that doesn't happen then you could really just add that yourself.

Theres no configs to mess with in A2WarMod, just add the files and watch the results in game, look for any errors,

like things not working, error messages, and watch your RPT to see if anything comes up, if all works and

no messages then you have your addition.

TBH it takes alot of work to just add something, as then not only is there shit load of testing, if it does work which would be great,

then you need to update all the readmes, pages, links, and all that, so it may be best for you to just add yourself,

if you need help then give me shout, but as I said above thats the general system of adding something.

try it out and see how it goes, let me know.

I want to download this so bad for arma 2, but I'm waiting on the CO version :D Which I hope is soon!! Want Want Want. :D

Hahaha, lol me too, lol

Just kidding I have to say I have been playing with COWarMod for the past month or so, tweaking and adjusting things as I go,

currently tweaking the AI aspects of it as they seem to accurate and well aquire you very quickly, so I have changed that

already and Ai is pretty good but beatable, other stuff is ausome.

I'd have to say COWarMod is probably the best of all the WarMod versions, although I di enjoy Arma1 warmod that was fun.

But CoWarMod I will be planning on releasing by July 1st, so if you can hold out til then, as i still have a few things to do in it,

currently as I said Im tweaking the AI values, and mods in the mod itself, so the Ai dont kill you like their superhuman or something,

and also I have a close friend working on the graphics aspect of the loading screen.

Question for you guys, After I have released COWarMod which is My main focus right now, would those that play with

Acemod be interested in a A2WarMod Ace Compatable version? like I did in 1.3?

and as for a question about COWarMod, will there be an Ace Compatible version for that? Possible, but right now no.

All for now, any questions you guys have about A2WarMod please ask, I will be back tomorrow got to go to work right now.

Thanks for the patience and support. :)

First off, really wonderful mod. So glad that you've incorporated slx which I really liked but found to be a bother to get working properly and also loving the additional gfx-settings that really makes the visuals shine.

I'm running it with ace and co, which seems to be working quite nicely. I checked it out in arma2 alone of course to see how much of the modules become disabled but so far the only things I notice is less chatter. Eager to dl the co version when released.

This is a really outstanding addition to arma and you deserve all the praise you get.

I have one strange issue though. I mainly play singleplayer and as such like to save. But whenever I try to load a game I get the error message of missing deleted dl content and it points to the warmod_loading file as the erronous factor. Now I have been reading this thread and looked for the DisableSavingAltogether_Dev_C_PROPER.pbo but it doesn't even excist for me.

I had the 1.3 version patched to 1.4 and today redownloaded the full 1.4 instead, hoping that it would show up (so I could delete it :rolleyes:) but it's not there.

I have tried running without other mods/arma2 only/and no mods at all (no saving issues without mods)

Any ideas what my problem might be?

I live with it and instead just play hardcore permadeath games when running warmod but the issue is quite a itch in my thoughts.

Otherwise everything is topnotch. Game runs stutterfree and everything is intense as it should be.

There is one thing with slx that lives on from the standalone version which bothers me. Sometimes enemies will be frozen in place, standing up, when killed. I haven't seen anyone else mentioning it before and just thought it's my rig buckling under the pressure of too much action going on. But since I'm posting anyway I thought I should ask if anyone else experiences this and if there is a workaround?

Sorry for the long post. Kudos for all your hard work Günter. I often find myself turning off ace for simpler gameplay, but the warmod is a absolute must for me now. Brilliant stuff.

Had to finally register after a long time of covert lurking :)

First off, really wonderful mod. So glad that you've incorporated slx which I really liked but found to be a bother to get working properly and also loving the additional gfx-settings that really makes the visuals shine.

I'm running it with ace and co, which seems to be working quite nicely. I checked it out in arma2 alone of course to see how much of the modules become disabled but so far the only things I notice is less chatter. Eager to dl the co version when released.

This is a really outstanding addition to arma and you deserve all the praise you get.

I have one strange issue though. I mainly play singleplayer and as such like to save. But whenever I try to load a game I get the error message of missing deleted dl content and it points to the warmod_loading file as the erronous factor. Now I have been reading this thread and looked for the DisableSavingAltogether_Dev_C_PROPER.pbo but it doesn't even excist for me.

I had the 1.3 version patched to 1.4 and today redownloaded the full 1.4 instead, hoping that it would show up (so I could delete it :rolleyes:) but it's not there.

I have tried running without other mods/arma2 only/and no mods at all (no saving issues without mods)

Any ideas what my problem might be?

I live with it and instead just play hardcore permadeath games when running warmod but the issue is quite a itch in my thoughts.

First of all thanks Gunter for the hard work you have done, but i have the same problem. I launch Arma 2 CO and warmod work fine, but in single player if i save the game it's impossible load the save game because i have the same message " of missing deleted dl content and it points to the warmod_loading file as the erronous factor. I search the file DisableSavingAltogether_Dev_C_PROPER.pbo but it does not exist in the folder, please i'd like to play this wonderful mod, can you fix the save problem? Thx

Thanks for the comments guys, to answer your questions

I'm running it with ace and co

Which Ace are you running it with the one for Arma2, or the one made for OA, as I know there are some things not working

when you run with either, A2WarMod alone is not compatible for Ace, it will work yes, but their will be things not working.

Also again A2WarMod was built for Arma2, you all know this, so if your getting troubles or problems with the mod in

CO then your best bet is to wait til the CO version comes out and play A2WarMod with Arma2 like it was meant.

suggestion for you guys either play A2WarMod in Arma2, or delete the mod and wait for the CO version to come out.

Please dont report errors to me about issues in CO, I did not build, or test A2WarMod in CO, I tested it in Arma2.

A2WarMod is for Arma2.

The WarMod_Loading is my actual first attemp at building a config to load a pic into the game.

Now I have been reading this thread and looked for the DisableSavingAltogether_Dev_C_PROPER.pbo but it doesn't even excist for me.

Ya if I remember correctly it was in v 1.3, and I believe i had removed it in the 1.3 patch, but remove the WarMod_Loading .pbo

and you should be able to save again, although you will lose the loading screen.

There is one thing with slx that lives on from the standalone version which bothers me. Sometimes enemies will be

frozen in place, standing up, when killed.

This is nothing new, i get this without A2WarMod, even in CoWarMod, I really have no idea whats causing this, but there

was a post a few months ago by Wipman that said the same thing but he was playing without SLX, so i think it is the vanilla

game related with their latest or previous patch, nothing I can do here.

Remove the WarMod_Loading .pbo and you will be able to save again, although you will lose the loading screen.

Thanks for the feedback, and the comments, they are much appreciated, maybe I can figure out a workaround for the

loading screen so at least folks know that they are loading up A2WarMod when they play.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Hahaha, lol me too, lol

Just kidding I have to say I have been playing with COWarMod for the past month or so, tweaking and adjusting things as I go,

currently tweaking the AI aspects of it as they seem to accurate and well aquire you very quickly, so I have changed that

already and Ai is pretty good but beatable, other stuff is ausome.

I'd have to say COWarMod is probably the best of all the WarMod versions, although I di enjoy Arma1 warmod that was fun.

But CoWarMod I will be planning on releasing by July 1st, so if you can hold out til then, as i still have a few things to do in it,

currently as I said Im tweaking the AI values, and mods in the mod itself, so the Ai dont kill you like their superhuman or something,

and also I have a close friend working on the graphics aspect of the loading screen.

and as for a question about COWarMod, will there be an Ace Compatible version for that? Possible, but right now no.

All for now, any questions you guys have about A2WarMod please ask, I will be back tomorrow got to go to work right now.

Thanks for the patience and support. :)

Sounds good! By July 1st you say? Oh noes.. after the Crysis 2 DX11 patch >.< haha, I'll definitively being trying it out! Cant wait!

Thanks for the replies Günter. Indeed I'll dl the co-version as soon as it's ready but this mod is just too sweet as it is to disable it.

Much appreciation.