Sign in to follow this  
kylania

ION, Inc.

Would some one kindly send me the usernames and passwords as well? :blush:

I've gotten no where with this and it's time to see what's behind door number 2 (1st being the 'Client' page).

What do you mean with door number 2?

Hi Zipper,

Could you forward that to me to please?

Cheers

zipper, would you be so kind and forward that...damn i have tried everything, i have even looked up in campaign mission strings and A2 configs...

It's a reference to an old American game show where you'd be offered one item you could see and keep, or you could give it up and take the hidden item behind a door labeled "2" but sometimes the Door Number 2 item could be worthless or much better than Door Number 1. :)

It was just a metaphor for the rest pages which you need username and passwords to read, aside from the first "villan" username and password (which every old OFP fan should know by now)

But never mind, I got them thanks to a generous member. :) Apparently it was the only thing I didn't try out... FPDR

Edited by colossus

To those needing usernames/pwds: they're right there on the site, staring you in the face. :) It took me ages to figure them out - when you find one and log out for the next, do NOT enter the names right in that login dialog. Click Cancel first when logging out and then go to Client. Otherwise you'll keep missing them. Thanks to whoever first brought this up, you saved me a lot of hair. :)

To those needing usernames/pwds: they're right there on the site, staring you in the face. :)

There, i figured it out. I cant believe i missed this.

Anyone want to PM me the logins? :o

disregard that

jac_img16.jpg

iSlm9.jpg

Not even a new place, weaksauce. :rolleyes:

Edited by AnimalMother92

People expecting BI to make a new, Chenerus size, map as part of a "rapid development" $10 DLC REALLY need to tone down their expectations... :j:

Heh, I hardly expect that. But perhaps it's been wip for awhile, or maybe they just changed vegetation? And how would you know it's $10?

Whatever it is, I'm excited to see what BIS deliver, I'm sure it'll be good.

Edited by AnimalMother92

Oh lawds... Say one thing and people assume you mean something else...

The last DLC was $10, so we can assume that will be an average price point.

The map comments are based on people talking about "Summer Chenarus" or "new areas" or whatnot.

All I was trying to point out is:

Chenarus took over a year to develop (as did Sahrani), so to expect a new map, the same size (or larger than), in a shorter dev time, would be a bit crazy.

Because it takes over a year to make a Chenarus sized terrain, to expect it to sell for less than full game-price is also somewhat crazy.

DISCLAIMER: THESE ARE NOTHING MORE THAN MY MUSINGS. TO READ ANYTHING I TYPE AS "OFFICIAL" WOULD BE A HUGE MISTAKE

(Because some people don't seem to get it otherwise... :j: )

The map comments are based on people talking about "Summer Chenarus" or "new areas" or whatnot.

I would imagine Summer Cherno to be vegetation changes and some of the road textures changed (the ones that have the leaves in the gutters) etc, to give Cherno a new greener summertime look.

You are right, some people will jump right down your throat when it comes to DLC speculation.

Hopefully we will get a reworked and more efficient Chernarus and maybe a smaller new map like the BAF DLC provided, or even an extended Chernarus would be just as welcome too. That river has to be going somewhere.

stuff about DLC

Have they confirmed it's another BAF-Style DLC anywhere? I'm kinda going on the assumption it is, and will be that little river area (basically what you see in the pic) and possible another Shapur-sized Takistan map.

Then again, they used the word "expansion" on Facebook, so the conspirator in me thinks they are brewing up an Arrowhead size full on expansion with fleshed out PMC, Czech Army, some new higher tech OPFOR and a full (and expanded!) Summer Chernarus map. Hurrah for completely baseless rumors! :) :butbut: :yay:

Just curious why BIS don't make a winter map/island + snow/winter features? Could be interesting + fun to play Arma Winter Games...

Just curious why BIS don't make a winter map/island + snow/winter features? Could be interesting + fun to play Arma Winter Games...

I think it's because they would probably have to develop a working snow system for it to be worthwhile. ;)

Keep in mind that anybody with basic texturing experience can add a layer of white terrain to a map. :p

Reading the reference to some Aleutian operation of Ion Inc. made me think of a potential Winter Addon as well. But looking it up a bit further I noticed that their location (latitudes similar to northern Germany) is not as arctic as I thought and climate is not as cold as I would have expected.

Im happy wit ha bunch of new units and helicopters. If they expand chernaraus a bit, maybe add more detail like more interiors to buildings, the I'll be more than happy.

Couls someone please send me the login Data? So far I have access to the page with the Video, but would really like to see what else is there

Could someone send me the login data?

Hints are below, mate.

Login: Surname of the primary antagonist in Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis. Password: The aforementioned antagonist's nickname, which also happens to be another word for teeth doctor.

That's pretty much all I can say without literally giving the user name and password away. But seriously, it's not that hard.

Edited by Laqueesha

Do I understand correctly that that there are several possible username/password combinations for that page? The one mentioned above by Laqueesha was known to me (seeing as BIS already used it elsewhere), but I don't know any other combos. How many are known?

The aforementioned one worked on all sections of the ION website.

The Laqueesha user/password is a spoof. The real deal are indeed inbedded in the site.

HINT: What you perceive to be one, may be many.

I couldn't believe the user/pw's were so easy...after I failed many many times with other possibilities..

Hints are below, mate.

Login: Surname of the primary antagonist in Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis. Password: The aforementioned antagonist's nickname, which also happens to be another word for teeth doctor.

That's pretty much all I can say without literally giving the user name and password away. But seriously, it's not that hard.

Is it so hard not to confuse people?

He clearly said that he already has the login for the video page!

Just to end this unclear information that some (intentionally, as it seems) keep throwing in here...

Yes, there are more than one different logins to the Client page!

One of them was mentioned on page 5 of this thread.

The other logins can be discovered by reading the ION Inc. web page.

AFAIK there are in total 5 known logins and all of them have to be put in after the click on the Client page.

Edited by Undeceived

So would someone be so kind to send me the other logins? Remember I already have that one with the OFP Villain