Sign in to follow this  
Draper

RUM Assets

@Xeilo

Ok, there is a delay in time for the plane to be called back again (60 seconds i believe) which can be changed in the settings, the plane never actually rearms in fact they never have any weapons (seems to help them ignore everything around them). I'm not sure about an explosion when they return (is it that they get shot down? and then are setpos'd back to base, I noticed that with Helo's and fixed it) Is it removed from the list of available aircraft or is there a hint saying its in use?

@Guttersnipe

I recommend combined ops, I forgot to mention too that the attack helo ATGM fire requires OA. And if I understand the problem correctly you put a plane on station and then when its on station you call a strike and the map flicker happens. Check that the F35 already on station can carry out a strike and that in the settings that F35 is defined correctly to match the airport-type array rather then the spawn-type array. (another place I should put a simple check to make itself known in game).

**EDIT**

Actually I was able to reproduce your error Guttersnipe and it is pretty significant with only a few lines to fix so I'll post the fix here.

In the RUM/Fxd/RUM_Fxd.sqf it should read the following from line 69 to 85 (nested if-then statement regarding the "callStrikeStat.sqf" script) in order to correct for a _payload, _touse, and _onboard variable mix-up.

_sel = lbCurSel RUM_ListFXD_IDC;

_lib = RUM_FXDAircraft_onStation select _sel;

_arry = _lib select 1;

_plane = _arry select 0;

_callsign = _arry select 1;

_airport = _arry select 3;

_egress = _arry select 4;

_ingress = _arry select 5;

_home = _arry select 2;

_onboard = _lib select 0;

{

_id = _onboard find _x;

_onboard set [_id, "del"];

} forEach _payload;

_onboard = _onboard - ["del"];

[_plane,_payload,_airport,_egress,_ingress,_home,_onboard,_sel,_callsign] execVM "RUM\Fxd\callStrikeStat.sqf";

RUM_FXDAircraft_onStation set [_sel,[_payload,_arry]];

In RUM\Fxd\callStrikeStat.sqf line 18 should now read...

_mun = _touse select (_n-1);
Edited by Draper

@Xeilo

Ok, there is a delay in time for the plane to be called back again (60 seconds i believe) which can be changed in the settings, the plane never actually rearms in fact they never have any weapons (seems to help them ignore everything around them). I'm not sure about an explosion when they return (is it that they get shot down? and then are setpos'd back to base, I noticed that with Helo's and fixed it) Is it removed from the list of available aircraft or is there a hint saying its in use?

@Guttersnipe

I recommend combined ops, I forgot to mention too that the attack helo ATGM fire requires OA. And if I understand the problem correctly you put a plane on station and then when its on station you call a strike and the map flicker happens. Check that the F35 already on station can carry out a strike and that in the settings that F35 is defined correctly to match the airport-type array rather then the spawn-type array. (another place I should put a simple check to make itself known in game).

**EDIT**

Actually I was able to reproduce your error Guttersnipe and it is pretty significant with only a few lines to fix so I'll post the fix here.

In the RUM/Fxd/RUM_Fxd.sqf it should read the following from line 69 to 85 (nested if-then statement regarding the "callStrikeStat.sqf" script) in order to correct for a _payload, _touse, and _onboard variable mix-up.

In RUM\Fxd\callStrikeStat.sqf line 18 should now read...

I tried that fix for the stationed aircraft but I could not get the device up on the screen for the fire mission.

Also I recorded a video of what I mean with the error I got.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd4zFa4vdI0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd4zFa4vdI0

After that explosion happens I can't do anything with that plane again.

Edited by Xeilo

I've the same problem as Xeilo re:above fix to scipts - no console for fixed wing aircraft at any stage.

Could you please post an updated version for us ? I tried the Taki map & have the same problems (I imagine the same issue?)

Many thanks for all your hard work.

Edited by Guttersnipe

wow! wtf? ok, I did not see that one coming... thx for the video.

Likely there is a syntax error which if you play the mission, try to pull up the dialog and look in (E:\Documents and Settings\Draper\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2 OA) (I'm an XP guy, sorry probably different depending on OS) for a .rpt file it should tell you the error. Maybe you copied over a line that should be there?

I'll post an update but I wanna try to figure out that exploding plane error and unfortunately I'm going away for Thanksgiving so it might be a while...

Hi Draper,

I'm using Notepad++ here as the editor but there is nothing in line 18 that looks even vaguely similar to what you want us to change. Could you give us the line please that needs to be replaced please?

Cheers

XP user myself. Using notepad too, change the files as per (line 18 I replaced was "_mun = _payload select (_n-1);").

Here's the .rpt :

Version 1.54.72888

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V10 not found

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

File description.ext, line 3: '.onloadmission': Missing ';' at the end of line

File revive_sqf\dialogs\config.cpp, line 5: Config: ';' used as a separator in the array

File revive_sqf\dialogs\config.cpp, line 5: Config: ';' used as a separator in the array

File description.ext, line 1: '.disabledAI': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 0: '.disabledAI': Missing ';' at the end of line

File description.ext, line 0: '.disabledAI': Missing ';' at the end of line

Cannot load sound 'buttonpushed.ogg'

Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male02\ru\noenemiesinsight.wss'

Creating debriefing

Any help? I'm out of my depth here ...

If anyone has a workign version could you post it as a mission some place plse?

Edited by Guttersnipe

Hey Draper here is something you may want to look at, I get a missing ; error but really I think it is a missing {

This is present in heloDown.sqf (AHel, THel)

and planeDown.sqf (fxd)

Line 5

for [{_n=1},{_n<=(count RUM_AHelAircraft)},{_n=_n+1}] do

I think it should be (could be wrong)

for [{_n=1},{_n<=(count RUM_AHelAircraft)},{_n=_n+1}] do {

a small fix, not sure what effect it has.

UPDATE:

Found another one on respawn of Helo I think it should be _helo not _plane RUM_init.sqf Lines 69,71 and Lines 90,92

[_plane, RUM_AHel_RspwnTime, 30, RUM_AHel_NumRspwn, false, true] execVM "RUM\Common\vehicle_respawn.sqf";

_plane addEventHandler ["killed","_this execVM RUM\AHel\heloDown.sqf"];

Vengeance

Edited by vengeance1

Ahhh i see what the problem is. The takistan version isnt the same as utes or chernarus!

Have altered the files and will test now.

Managed to find 2 errors in what I edited - artifcats of cut & pasting Draper's fix.

Console now back on again for fixed wing ... BUT right back where I started re:calling in an airstrike with plane on station: i.e. the map just flickers up briefly before I get a chance to mark a target on the map. . .

Anyone help with this plse?

Great scripts! Caught a small issue in the Takistan map. "RUM_AHEL7" is acidently a repeat name "Rattler" instead of "Copperhead

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Managed to find 2 errors in what I edited - artifcats of cut & pasting Draper's fix.

Console now back on again for fixed wing ... BUT right back where I started re:calling in an airstrike with plane on station: i.e. the map just flickers up briefly before I get a chance to mark a target on the map. . .

Anyone help with this plse?

Having the same issue

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Also, "RUM_AHEL4_HOME" should be "RUM_AHEL7_HOME" should you choose to order Coperhead to RTB/respawn. Same line as other fix

Edited by Kempco

One thing that I noticed, which might be important ...

On the other console panels for Arty/Attack Helo there is the option of selecting from grid/laser/radial(?) (3 anyway) which forms part of the process of setting up the attack - on the fixed wing there's no option at all - just aircraft/payload/mission(strike) - i

s there a missing line from the page?

Draper, trying to get Plane to RTB back to Airport "LandAt 1;" on Duala, how do I edit this to do that or could you add a variable so we can configure which Airport? As for now the Plane goes to other airports to land mostly Airport 0.

_stg = format ["%1 action ['Land', %1]",_plane];

fwp2 setWaypointStatements ["true",_stg];

Thanks

Hey, I found a pretty sketchy bug that should be easy to fix

If a player doesn't have a map and calls in support via the grid function, they're unable to click anywhere to set a position and can't escape out, so the only way to escape is kill the game via task manager

Ok so I'm back, I'll try to tackle all posts now...

Guttersnipe, that .rpt looks clean enough, cannot load sound 'buttonpushed.ogg' is caused by RUM but it doesn't effect anything just tells me you ran it there so an error would show up right after it if there was a syntax error.

vengeance1, yes both of those are excellent catches, will update those. thanks a bunch

Kremator, oops... sorry

Guttersnipe, will post update very soon

Kempco, thx, again good catches, ill make adjustments and update

Guttersnipe, yeah its my understanding, under US Army doctrine, your position is given in GRID format and the target is in polar format for strike aircraft, Fixed or Rotor, (so the pilot doesn't have two grids in front of him and swaps the target grid for friendly grid) So right now the script calculates polar based on you map click for the dialog, this may change in the future with a polar input option.

vengeance1, so the land action in theory is supposed to use the airport closest to the plane when it goes to the "airport object" defined in the settings, you could use the land command but the number would vary so I though it could be avoided for easier transfer. However, let me know if after checking the airport object is near the desired airport, it still wants to fly away to another airport. Also you could define the _stg to just be "%1 landAt 1" and it should work.

DaveP, ok I'll see if I can script something to do an auto check to give the player a map

@Draper - thanks for the reply. if you need a test guinea pig drop me a PM.

re:airstrike proceedure - am sure you're right re:doctrine, I just wondered re:scripting if that was where the error was as map still loading for the position click, just not waiting long enough to have one deployed...

Good to hear your back on it, Draper I really want to use this in my missions when done.

"vengeance1, so the land action in theory is supposed to use the airport closest to the plane when it goes to the "airport object" defined in the settings, you could use the land command but the number would vary so I though it could be avoided for easier transfer. However, let me know if after checking the airport object is near the desired airport, it still wants to fly away to another airport. Also you could define the _stg to just be "%1 landAt 1" and it should work."

Yes the Airport Tag is in the map at the proper location, this happens on maps with multiple airports close together like Duala, SO I will try the "%1 landAt 1" thanks for the tip!

Guys, I am wanting to only use the transport helo and artillery sections of RUM. I have deleted the units I don't want in the editor however if I modify the RUM_Settings script and delete the units in there, it breaks the whole add-on. Is there a method that I can safely remove units without hurting the add-on?

Edited by WallyJas

WallyJas, try making the arrays for the support options you don't want empty, but still defined as (i.e. RUM_whatever = []; ) that should work for now but I'll put in some isNull checks to prevent that in the future.

Thanks Draper ..... that seems to work well thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Draper ..... if one of the RUM units die, they don't seem to respawn. Any chance you can add this to your next release pretty please? ;)

@WallyJas

Which type of units? I believe vengeance pointed out the _plane should be _helo error for respawning the helo supports which I fixed and as it just so happens here is the latest release here...

RUM Assets Beta 2b

All the fixes so far brought to my attention here on the forums to make it run as advertised. But again, I ask you all to be good beta testers.

I just ran the test mission on takistan and nothing seemed to work. I was able to use the device to call everything, the text came up but nothing ever happened. No choppers took off or no planes.

Draper ...... attack chopper Cobra. Seems to end up as a wreck on it's home helo marker whether it gets shot down or crashes. Stays like for whole game. I did change mine to an AH-6 rather than the AH-64 it was originally. Would that make a difference?

Just checked it out with my own MP & SP missions - all present & correct - awesome!, thanks Draper . . the hills are alive with the sound of JDAM's :)

I'll put in some isNull checks to prevent that in the future

- looking forward to this helpful addition in the future - complete noob @scriptiung so this sounds like what i'm after for leaving out the unwanted support options.