Sign in to follow this  
Draper

RUM Assets

RUM Assets Beta 3b (ok to publish)

Somewhat belated fix to stabilize this version. The new supply function is not complete by any means, but it will give you a taste of what to come. As always comments are welcome. One of these day these scripts won't have the "Beta" tag as a disclaimer :)

Fixed:

Atack Helo and Fixed Wing dialogs crisscrossed dialogs

Improved RTB functions for aircraft

deletemarkerlocal used rather then deletemarker for MP use

many little things...

Added:

Supply Asset, helos can now paradrop or sling load** supplies to deliver on site.

Variable to change asset provider (i.e. TACCOM can be Divisional HQ, USS Khe Sahn, etc.)

** Sling loading requires EITHER RAV lifter or ACE OA Core + CBA

very nice Job Draper. The AI aircraft seem to fly in a logical path and dont porpoise all around. Very interested to see the cargo transport piece. Keep up the good work.

thanks, Yeah the cargo works with helos right now but I wanna also add a tab for fixed wing so you can have a C-130 do a heavy drop.

Question: Since OA is needed to get into the provided test missions, is it also needed to use the script in general?

It shouldn't be, I provided a chernarus and utes test missions as it was originally built in A2. Chernarus has the airport based aircraft like Takistan does and Utes has a setup for the LHD. I'm sure ~99% of it will work without OA. Off the top of my head I know the Attack Helo ATGM missile targeting uses an OA script command and I don't know if BIS adds the later OA script commands in updates to A2 or not.

I checked the cherno map and one of the apaches turned into the US Army apache from OA rather then the one for the Eagle Wing campaign. Here is an updated .sqm

Utes mission shouldn't have any addon conflicts (atleast didn't see any in sqm).

Also forgot to touch up the RUM_settings file with new variables for the cherno map, updated here

Ill try to keep more mindful of A2 only ppl in the future. srry :)

Draper,

When you test your Sling Option in the Demo Mission does the Helo actually land and drop the cargo? Mine does not, not sure but this statement below does not seem to work for some reason but looks like it should? If I change the _height to a value of 4.5 it seems to work fine?

_height = _helo distance _dropitem;

_helo flyInHeight _height;

waitUntil {(!alive _helo) or (getposATL _helo select 2 <= _height)};

When I was playing with it, it did drop down to let it go and that is the piece of code that should do it.

The ropes should be the same length each time so you should be able to just put in a number and have it work, I just didn't know at the time what it would be. That may be a problem though because maybe _dropitem isn't defined?

This returns the map distance, not the vector distance, [0,0,0] distance [0,0,1] can be >1 or <1, not exactly 1; unlike the vector math.

Just read this post from Rommel about distance command ... guess it has a mind of its own, back to the drawing board...

Seems transport choppers can only make one trip, the pilot somewhat ejects after he return to base. And requesting a new extraction results "in flight"

I know this is still a beta, so forgive if this has already been mentioned :)

Thats probably the built in delay to simulate a refuel, rearm. I just haven't made it smart enough to say what its doing , just give a default message. You can set it to zero in the RUM_Settings if you want and then it can turn around right away. I think default is 30 so if it doesn't go again in 30 seconds let me know.

I'm getting mixed results. I was only using the CH47.

When the chopper returns and i have selected the following:

insert - pilot is deleted, crew still in - "helo in flight"

shuffle - pilot is deleted, crew still in - I get another go

extract - pilot ejects, crew still in - "helo in flight"

I'm using your latest beta 3b and I tried setting

RUM_THEL_ReSupTime = 0;

huh, ok thats probably a bug on my part, the coding is sort of inefficient for the THel right now, it uses a lot of similar code but its repeated in each script. So fixing a part of one script does't fix the same bit of code in the other scripts (makes my life hell but its hard to make a script from the beginning without doing it line by line in one file).

Crew being stuck inside probably means I'm deleting them before they have a chance to get out so that can be fixed a few second sleep or waituntil crew == 0. As for the helos not going after being called that will take some searching.

Thanks for reporting this in detail, this will definitely help narrow my search down.

really good new options!

I like the fact the A10 uses his gun in CAS!

can you make the transport helos ignore enemy when doing a fastrope action? otherwise its raining men when enemy shows up ;)

keep up the great work!

---

oh yeah, what does "combat landing" do?

I still have problems of planes not showing up on the "stationed" list, might have something to do with performance of my computer though...

Edited by pre-Vet

Yeah, Ill try to work those kinks out. pilot and gunners are in separate groups now but sometimes the waypoint combat orders don't seem to do enough to stop them from thinking on their own.

Combat landing is a way for the helo to land more quickly and automate the crew ejection so that everyone in back is out the door when the helo is a meter or two above ground. It was originally a script by Ir0n1E called "combat insertion" that I incorporated in.

I think I got stationing to work for the most part but Ill keep an eye on it.

Thank you for the quick response.

It's to bad the AI behaves so wierd when flying a chopper, I hoped BIS would have solved this in a patch...

Where can I change the LZ smoke color?

That's a good point...

Right now you'd have to go into each THel.sqf to change the smoke object. In the future I'll make that change more easily.

Hi Draper, first of all gotta say brilliant job on this package. Definatly something that will be at the base of my future missions.

I was wondering if it possible to link the script into an object. For example at the moment the method of choosing who can use the system is determined by the unit name at the top of the settings file.

Would there be a way of setting it so that whoever had a radio/backpack object could use the system? That way others could still call support even if the primary JTAC is killed.

Yes you can do something like this. However its unfortunate that the communications menu doesn't seem to be local or updatable to the client, so an action menu seems to be the only way. (I give examples of addAction in the init.sqf of the test missions)

I experimented with a script like this in my original air support scripts. So you can get version 1.4 from the forum post or do the following...

init.sqf

airSupCOND = {"ItemRadio" in weapons player;};
// code snippet which results a bool to allow for the action menu
[player] execVM "MPrespwn.sqf";

MPrespwn.sqf

_man = _this select 0;
_tst = 0;
while{alive _man} do {
_bool = call airSupCOND;
//	hint format ["%1",_bool];
if(_bool and _tst == 0)then {
	actionID1 = _man addAction [... plus other stuff ...];
               actionID2 = _man addAction [... plus other stuff ...];
	_tst = 1;
};
if(!_bool)then {
	_tst = 0;
	_man removeAction actionID1;
	_man removeAction actionID2;
};
sleep 1;
};
waitUntil{alive player};
sleep 5;
if(true)exitWith{[player] execVM "MPrespwn.sqf"};

This will control the action menus for respawning and allow you to set a designated radio item which can be required to call in the assets. As it is right now it would execute on all clients and wait for them to have the radio before giving them access.

A quick question, must the operator of RUM always be a group leader?

I have just tried an insertion as a group member, with a friend as leader. Requested a fast rope insertion. Once the ropes were dropped only i was "ejected" onto the rope, he was stuck in the chopper.

EDIT:- On the above point, after testing a little more, it appears as if only the script callerr i.e the one requesting insertion and AI in the chopper, deploy via rope fine. But any human players in th chopper do not, they get stuck.

EDIT:-

I know you say this hasnt been tested enough in a dedicated enviroment, but has anyone had it fully functional? I seem to have ran into a problem with the artillery, on the dedi server you can request arty, it gets to the dialog of authenticating but then nothing, the arty battery's just sit there.

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

A quick question, must the operator of RUM always be a group leader?

I have just tried an insertion as a group member, with a friend as leader. Requested a fast rope insertion. Once the ropes were dropped only i was "ejected" onto the rope, he was stuck in the chopper.

EDIT:- On the above point, after testing a little more, it appears as if only the script callerr i.e the one requesting insertion and AI in the chopper, deploy via rope fine. But any human players in th chopper do not, they get stuck.

EDIT:-

I know you say this hasnt been tested enough in a dedicated enviroment, but has anyone had it fully functional? I seem to have ran into a problem with the artillery, on the dedi server you can request arty, it gets to the dialog of authenticating but then nothing, the arty battery's just sit there.

You have to move the artillery into firing range to use them... wait are you talking about the actual static howitzers? or the MLRS?

In playing with it I think I've notice the artillery runs out of ammo after firing for a couple missions. So that may be the problem and i'll try to fix that or set up parameters for it.

For the fastrope, did you use ACE or Norrin's rope addon? It should be possible to make it MP compatible because it has been done. From what i can tell it uses setvehicleinit to pass information over the network to have the crew bail but I may have screwed it up in trying to work it in with the RUM scripts.

Any word on an update... love the scripts, just having some small problems with it here and there compared to your original Air Support scripts.

I've been busy with work for a while now. Haven't gotten to work on the scripts or play ArmA much.

Since I have the next few weekends booked, I wouldn't hold my breath for an update. Keep me posted on the worst of the worst problems and I'll try to prioritize them first when I do get around to it.