Sign in to follow this  
Draper

RUM Assets

No, I just haven't put full documentation together and since its still beta, and likely to change, I probably won't until its in its final states.

The gist is when in game you use 0-8 communication menu select RUM then select the types of support, which then pulls up the PDA dialog, you select what you want and click on the transmit button on the far left at the bottom. Far right is the close without transmitting button.

Out of game you can set all the predefined definitions via the RUM_init.sqf to cater it too a specific mission. In there I have add comments as to what each variable does and how to setup the libraries for aircraft.

Interesting that if you have dead arty, you will still go through the call procedure. Perhaps needs an alive check then aborts with a message (probably likewise for aircraft)

If you DO set a fire order you are able as a player to sit as gunner watch as your gun is controlled and fired :)

Is there a way to limit the number of times something can be called?

I saw a delay for fixed wing air-strikes. What about artillery delay?

And I may have missed in earlier post but will there be helos added?

Nomadd

Unfortunately, no. The new setup isn't very conducive to limiting by munitions (may limit number of calling a strike more easily). Its something I plan to try to tackle in the more distant future. But, you can have aircraft start out on station, where you can define its payload and effectively provide the player with a set number of bombs

As for an artillery delay, thats a good idea I can implement simply and will.

As for Helos, I'm working on that right now, functionally the attack are almost done and transport I just started. And further down the road I also plan on UAVs and Supply Drops. Essentially to make a more advanced support module.

My mind is spinning with the possibilities for this script. I could imagine a Fully working airport carrying out requests from a variety of players.

One thing that I did find Draper is that if two people call a strike at the same time (from Tarmac parked aircraft) is that they crash on the runway and nothing else can make it's way off the runway.

Possible to add a detect function if two are called. The other way is to broadcast the chat from Crossroad (currently onlynthe caller gets the chat) to all friendlies.

@Draper

Thanks for the fast response.

If you can set it so the mission designer can set a delay between calls that will be perfect. It will do essentially the same thing as limiting the number of times something can be called.

Nomadd

@Kremator

Oh, yeah that could be a problem :rolleyes: I'll try to figure a way to make one aircraft go at a time, also have to figure out a way to watch for landing aircraft too. (this makes me appreciate air traffic controllers more)

Hey Draper,

Just testing on my dedi server here. That mission I sent you ... I can't seem to get the arty to fire at all (at any range). They repeat my fire order then just sit there.

I tested further and it seems that although the AI fill the M119 and the M252 there is no AI in the MLRS.

Yeah, I figured there would be server locality hiccups, that's weird though that the AI disappear. I'll work on it. This is definitely the things I need tested to troubleshoot.

You just need to ask and I will test on my dedi mate. Looking forward to next release of goodness!

@ Draper

can we get a test mission for takistan because i dont even remember what arma 2 looks like, chernarus whats that ? LOL

Draper,

Been testing your wonderful scripts but there is a conflict with madbull's R3F arty and logistics scripts.

Seems that it revolves around the BIS_arty_logic.

Any clue how to solve it ?

hmm... could you be more specific as to what fails when? I haven't tried the two in combination before so my first hunches would be dialogs being cross defined (game would crash to desktop), or one module being used more then once for something. Are you trying to have the arty pieces used by RUM movable and fireable by madbull's script?

I sorted it mate. Unfortunately it does mean that I can't use your arty as the BIS_Arty logic interferes with the R3F arty stuff. I'm therefore using your other support scripts to death and loving them. Any updates you need tested btw ?

I have attack helo and transport helo mostly done. You can call a hellfire to fire on a laser designator, which may need some testing on a dedi. I will probably release a beta2 for helo stuff once I make the helos able to come from an LHD. Also arty firing ranges can be mapped with an on/off and mobile arty units can be moved to adjust their firing location. Also I have a poorly working LGB that needs to be tweaked.

I have a dedi that I can test on if you need. Just ask.

That update sounds very good mate. Having the helos and fixed wing coming in low is a real advantage but they do keep high. Any way to alter those flyinheights ?

Yes, its in the settings list below the aircraft lists. And will be possible for the helos aswell.

Hey, we use this for airstrikes in Volcbat on our dedicated server and it seems to work alright, we've had one or two no-go's but that was more likely a mission thrown together a tad too quick without testing

Is there any chance in the future of having the ability to limit available munitions/airstrikes? Having infinite jdams is very cool, but a bit overpowered

Edited by DaveP

I seemed to have trouble getting them to come from Airport, they seem to Spawn at Airport in the air not use jets on Runway and take off is that how it is suppose to work?

Thanks

@DaveP good to know, Limiting munitions will be a goal but with the way I have it set up to drop multiple bombs at a time, it is harder to place a fixed count, meaning it would have to update the second bomb slot list based on the first slot selection, and so on.

@vengence1 It works both ways but only one way at a time, if that makes sense. RUM_FXD_NonSpawn = true; is what you want to have in the RUM_init.sqf file. then you use the airport selection of aircraft called RUM_FXDAircraft (rather then RUM_FXDAircraft_Spawn when RUM_FXD_NonSpawn = false); Its a bit complex i'll admit, especially with the double negative but I try to explain it all in the comments.

Now all you need to do is to create an automated airport Draper that sits alongside these scripts ... will really make the world come alive !

PS ready for dedi testing if you need ;)

@DaveP good to know, Limiting munitions will be a goal but with the way I have it set up to drop multiple bombs at a time, it is harder to place a fixed count, meaning it would have to update the second bomb slot list based on the first slot selection, and so on.

@vengence1 It works both ways but only one way at a time, if that makes sense. RUM_FXD_NonSpawn = true; is what you want to have in the RUM_init.sqf file. then you use the airport selection of aircraft called RUM_FXDAircraft (rather then RUM_FXDAircraft_Spawn when RUM_FXD_NonSpawn = false); Its a bit complex i'll admit, especially with the double negative but I try to explain it all in the comments.

Fair, it's not a huge issue, we're restrained enough :p

If you're in the neighbourhood of such changes though, being able to limit artillery to just polar coords would be neat too

I've been having a bit of a mess around with setting up a naval gun battery and aircraft carrier for a campaign set we're gonna be tackling, very neat stuff

Very neat stuff, I will give this a try again. Love Kremator's idea by the way!

Thanks

Wonder if I did something wrong?

1. Plane takes off from Airport now (thanks) but it is done and back at Hanger the Pilot is still in Aircraft. If I call it again the plane moves to runway but Pilot get out and nothing happens.

2. Also how do you get the Cobra and AH64 called up? Don't see them in GUI.

This is all in Editor by the way, maybe I need to put it on my Dedi Server??

Thanks

Sorry double post should have updated first one.

@DaveP about limiting methods for calling arty, just made it happen. As for Naval arty I think virtual guns will work with RUM scripts but idk let me know what happens. And Helos will be able to be called from an LHD thanks to mando Heliroute in the next release.

@Vengence

1. Sounds like the locking isn't working right, such that the AI is stuck, I'll look into it. If I cant replicate the error though it may be something not placed right.

2. Helos are not in the current version, I'm polishing beta2 right now which has helos (attack and transport) so, look for a release in the next few days.

And actually editor would be better, its the Dedi that can screw with things.