Sign in to follow this  
Draper

RUM Assets

@DaveP about limiting methods for calling arty, just made it happen. As for Naval arty I think virtual guns will work with RUM scripts but idk let me know what happens. And Helos will be able to be called from an LHD thanks to mando Heliroute in.

Yeah, that's basically the method I used, 3 field guns setpos'ed above sea level and flung out to sea

Draper,

Is it possible to just have the Aircraft taxi from position, the whole disappear and reappear kind of breaks the realism.

I understand we would have to be careful about placement but it would be so much better.

Vengeance

We just did some more in-depth dedicated server testing (as formerly it was people who generally aren't scripters/didn't know exactly how the system worked in SP doing it)

Airstrikes functionally work, but half the chat text doesn't appear

Artillery chat works up until before the "SHOT" command, don't functionally work

Artillery (if you are using BI arty module) must be inited on the server.

Take a look at my script SAM_support, my solution is a script stared on the server waiting for a setVariable / getVariable triggered by a client calling for support. SHOT, ROUNDS COMPLETE and so on are global so there should be no worries when you sort the server side out.

My solution for chat messages can be found there aswell.....

@vengence Yeah I let them do a taxi with the minimum amount of Setpos magic to move things back into place, but it is very slow and if things obstruct the taxi it can be stuck for a long time.

@DaveP Some variables about direction and distance weren't getting passed correctly so the string would be bad happens with Arty too and I've made those changes.

@Nordin Yeah I've played with your script, its really good work! My hat goes off to you for getting Lurch's AC130 to work with it, I was a little daunted to try that myself.

And yeah I came up with the same solution for the Arty just using a server script listening for a publicVariable. As for the chat, I'll look into what you did. Although I'm debating whether to keep the chat local so that it doesn't fill up the chat log.

Thanks Draper, I understand and have done a lot of positioning in some of my missions to make sure that doesn't happen. Would be nice to have the option to control this so they could just begin taxi from current location.

Looking forward to your RUM beta2, got a place holder for it now in my current mission.

Thanks

RUM Assets Beta2

I've made some improvements but it certainly won't be perfection. Please report any issues you run into especially considering MP use. Download includes 3 missions (Chernarus, Takistan, and Utes)

Now includes...

- Attack Helos

- can request CAS or put on station

- when on station can call laser guided hellfire

- Transport Helos

- can be used for insertion, extraction, and shuffling (only shuffle in spawn mode)

Other alterations

- Artillery

- MLRS and grads can be moved to adjust firing location

- MP call for fire fixed

- Fixed wing

- Aircraft do most complete taxi possible (keep your runways clean!)

Plus other little things along the way...

Both helicopter supports can operate from an LHD thanks to Mando's heliroute and all airport based vehicles can respawn thanks to Tophe's Simple Vehicle Respawn. Both are integrated and included in the script folder.

Also note that it has a new setup where RUM_Settings.sqf will be where all mission dependent configuration happens, so future updating should only require swapping the RUM folder.

Well this is great news. I use these scripts to augment VTS and love it.

Any further with the idea of an automated airport draper?

I am currently trying to get the test mission to work but it is very buggy. The planes drop bombs before they even take off blowing themselves out, I can only get the on station plane to move but not drop bombs because it closes the map before I get a chance.

Have I done something wrong, or is there a error somewhere?

Hi Draper,

have tested the new version out and it's pretty good so far ....

Some things I have noticed however.

The fixed wing start to taxi but get about 20 seconds into it then reset.

The transport choppers have a VERY bumpy ride (up and down during flight).

Will test more then feedback.

It seems the reason the plane was blowing up on the runway was because I had the target too close, but now the plane still wont launch, it just resets like stated by Kremator.

Hi Draper,

have tested the new version out and it's pretty good so far ....

Some things I have noticed however.

The fixed wing start to taxi but get about 20 seconds into it then reset.

The transport choppers have a VERY bumpy ride (up and down during flight).

Will test more then feedback.

Had the same problem but if you extend the Sleep 20; in Callstrike.sqf line 45 to Sleep 30; this gives the A10 enough time to get away from Home and taxi ok for me. In addition if you have trouble with respawn exploding then I found if you change line 85 to Sleep 10; then gives A10 enough time to stop then move otherwise on a fast taxi it explodes.

Also found the Target Too Close to Airport caused the bombs to explode during taxi, need a ZONE Radius for Airport to not allow Target to be created.

Edited by vengeance1

Ok so the planes don't have enough time to get away from home station, that can be fixed by time for now, but I guess it should be waypoint dependent. (btw is this on the Takistan map?) Same goes for the bomb release which is just a 500 meter trigger. More of a hassle to do since the waypoints will be in global space but I think I can fix it.

As for bumpy helicopter rides I don't think I can do anything about it.

About the map going away to quickly did you not have any munitions selected? I'll put in a exitWith with a hint to stop that mistake people (and I) have made.

And about the automated airport, what specifically do you mean? Since the aircraft do a full taxi now they seem to be aware of other aircraft on the runway, although I tried and didn't succeed to see what would happen with a plane landing while one was taking off.

Edited by Draper

The automated airport idea is to use what you have but the aircraft are given random tasks (JDAM here, mine there, CAP patrol, transport everywhere etc). So it makes the airport come alive with AI tasked activities.

Make the airspace come alive for all the maps :)

Is the bumpy helo ride due to a setspeed that it is trying to match ?

Couple more testing comments.

1. If you use South Airport in Takistan you have deal with Planes not using full runway on landing, no problem just have to deal with it.

2. Transport Extract is got a few lines missing, I just compared it to your Insert Script and found them right away. Also Dialog for Ingress and Egress says Drop-Off so easy change.

3. Attack Helo (\AHel) when put On Station the RTB is missing this line after line 21

_stg = format ["%1 action ['Land', %1]",_plane];

4. Range Circle Markers in Demo would help for Artillery took awhile to figure out how far out before each one will work.

I am having a great time with this script, now substituted F15, Euro-fighter, F16, HC3, Wildcat etc. love the script!

Going online with my Dedi Server now all above tests are in the Editor.

Good Stuff!

Draper this is one of the most amazing addons I have seen, it is brilliant well done mate.

One request from me for future updates, can you make it so that the player can cancel or change both insertion and extraction locations whilst enroute please?

@Kremator

An automated airport could be possible I guess, with just random waypoint generation, so maybe something to add later. And yes its probably in the FSM of the AI to keep a precise speed which causes the jitters.

@vengeance1

Thanks alot for that testing I'll make those changes. About #4, probably haven't noticed but I did exactly that. There are two buttons on the bottom of the arty PDA menu. Left brings up the selected units range markers and the right takes them down. I was testing with that idea and just put in those buttons, may change that in the future.

@WallyJas

Canceling will be easier then changing locations, but yeah I can try to add that in.

I still have trouble with fixed wing, I can get the last 2 to take off fine, but the first one on the list wont move unless the other aircraft are in the air, I guess it has trouble moving around them because it just resets itself, this also happens when a plane lands and taxis back, it cant get back to its original position if a plane is station at one of its start positions on the way. Also once I have used the strike and go to call them in again once they rearmed they acknowledge the strike but don't move at all.

Well I figured out the problem with aircraft not moving, it was because the other aircraft had to be moved back a bit, then it seemed to work. Now I seem to have trouble still with planes not rearming. Once they get back to there home position, the plane resets and there is a explosion but the plane is fine. But yet I still can't call in another fire mission.

Cool stuff, I may have to withdraw my former invitation to come on to our server because of the private addons we use and a tight schedule but I can provide full logs of a test when we do one

Hi & thanks for this v.interesting addon.

I've had great fun with the arty & the helos, all working properly,and I can move the fixed wing aircraft to a station position (when I remember to shift back the planes off the runway), however I've yet to be able to bring in an airstrike...

I'm calling up a bird from on station (tried the F35 & A10 on the Chen map), selecting the ammo (JDAM) and selecting 'strike' for mission type. The map flickers up briefly but doesn't give me a chance to select a target with the cursor - it just goes straight to a dialog with the pilot who acknowledges my target (eh?) and I seem to talk him through my own FDWR Obs position - then nothing, the plane doesn't appear to move on from it's holding area position.

What am I doing wrong ? (also can I ask which version of Arma 2 you suggest/require using?)(am using Combined Ops v.1.54).

Any help appreciated.