miles teg

The Lost Brothers Mod Official Release thread for ArmA2/OA

Oh I'm well aware of the Sheridan light tank. It's one of my favorite tanks, but unfortunatly I'm not a modeller. The M728 CEV I just put together from existing parts (and thus it's not 100% accurate on the model). However it's fairly close.

But with that said, if I can get one of the Vietnam mods to allow my mod to use their Sheridan, I would LOVE to use it in our mod for the Gulf War pack. It was used in particular during the seizure of the Kuwaiti International Airport in its intended role as an airborne light tank. Sadly that was its last "hooah" with no replacement yet for the airborne forces.

At any rate....most likely we won't see this tank or the 82nd Airborne infantry needed to go with it unless we get permission and MLOD's from a Vietnam mod that has a model of it. So if we do see it in our mod, it'll be in a future update. I'm hoping we'll get more help to expand this Gulf War pack after it's release so that eventually, with the help of the ArmA community, it will become a full Gulf War Mod.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

Hmm... I suppose it could be modified into a ZPU-1 or ZPU-2, but that would be kinda redundant. The main purpose of the ZPU-4 is just to have something not quite as deadly as the ZSU-23-2 where helicopters still have a fighting chance against it. Currently you only have around a 10-15% chance of survival in the most armored helicopters if you fly anywhere near a ZSU-23-2. With the ZPU-4 you have around a 50% chance of survival or higher depending on how far away you are and on the terrain. This way you get the "HOLY CRAP!" ass-pucker factor of getting shot at by ALOT of tracers and still possibly surviving to either fly away, land, or attack and destroy it.

Oh yeah, I saw that page with the darth vader helmets. Those helmets now fetch a high price amongst military helmet collectors. However from other reports I've read they say that the material they're made with has very poor ballistic properties...but I've never heard of one of the helmets actually being tested. Whatever the case, they look awesome and were used in combat so we added them to our mod.

:)

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ok, this new picture shows the implemented thermal signature to FLIR on the EE-11 Urutu APC (and I proudly say thats a Brazilian made vehicle). It took more than 6 hours to apply all the RVMATs, as this model has like 100 textures. It was a pain in the ass, but I think it is fairly good.

urututhermals.jpg

Ok, now the Iraqi Air Force has the Mig-29 figther, in grey and cammo versions:

mig29grey.jpg

mig29cammo.jpg

mig29cockpit.jpg

andrei

One nice new little screenshot:

Saudi Arabian AMX-30. Model and Textures by Bizaroide (who also made our original Merkava Mk4) converted to ArmA2 to by me.

This was a BEAUTIFUL model/textures made a long time ago that was never used by anyone. It was simply too beautiful a model to waste and I had always intended to eventually do a Saudi Arabian pack. Since we're doing Gulf War units, I figure I'd make a little Saudi Pack to include Saudi Arabian AMX-30, M1A1, and M60 tanks along with a little infantry pack. Eventually the Saudi Arabian pack might expand to include a few more vehicles but will not have high priority. I would however like to hopefully get Vilas to allow me to use his V-150 commando APC for some SANG (Saudi Arabian National Guard) commando units. The AMX-30, M60, and V-150 were all used during the battle of Khafji (a MASSIVE battle at the beginning of the 1st Gulf War when Saddam sent his 3rd Div into Saudi Arabia to seize the city of Khafji). I have also added on the U.S. side, Marine Force Recon and USMC ANGLICO units that also took part in the battle fighting side by side with the Saudis.

LoBo_AMX30_1.jpg

LoBo_AMX30_2.jpg

Also a new pic of the updated Fedayeen-Saddam militia:

LoBo_FedayeenSaddam2.jpg

USMC Force Recon (added black beanie cap) on left and USMC ANGLICO (1st Marine Div) on right:

LoBo_ForceReconANGLICO1.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

why are they called the lost brothers, is it a reference to the bible? if so, which story?

Arrg...just to bump it to the next page I'm gonna repost the pics otherwise nobody sees them:

One nice new little screenshot:

Saudi Arabian AMX-30. Model and Textures by Bizaroide (who also made our original Merkava Mk4) converted to ArmA2 to by me.

This was a BEAUTIFUL model/textures made a long time ago that was never used by anyone. It was simply too beautiful a model to waste and I had always intended to eventually do a Saudi Arabian pack. Since we're doing Gulf War units, I figure I'd make a little Saudi Pack to include Saudi Arabian AMX-30, M1A1, and M60 tanks along with a little infantry pack. Eventually the Saudi Arabian pack might expand to include a few more vehicles but will not have high priority. I would however like to hopefully get Vilas to allow me to use his V-150 commando APC for some SANG (Saudi Arabian National Guard) commando units. The AMX-30, M60, and V-150 were all used during the battle of Khafji (a MASSIVE battle at the beginning of the 1st Gulf War when Saddam sent his 3rd Div into Saudi Arabia to seize the city of Khafji). I have also added on the U.S. side, Marine Force Recon and USMC ANGLICO units that also took part in the battle fighting side by side with the Saudis.

LoBo_AMX30_1.jpg

LoBo_AMX30_2.jpg

LoBo_FedayeenSaddam2.jpg

USMC Force Recon (added black beanie cap) on left and USMC ANGLICO (1st Marine Div) on right:

LoBo_ForceReconANGLICO1.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 AM ----------

why are they called the lost brothers, is it a reference to the bible? if so, which story?

Yes, "The Lost Brothers" refers to the descendants of Isaac & Ishmail.

This guy has borrowed is helmet to Darth Vader, didn't he ;)

Very nice work all in all, the wheels of the above AMX-30 tank seem a little too octogonal to me.

Miles you must be psychic. I was just wondering the other day why there werent any Saudi units. The M 728 looks cool. I havent seen one of those since the 80's when I was stationed in Germany. You guys are making all the stuff I wanted to see in the game. The only thing I havent seen that I would like is the M88 recovery vehicle or the M9 ACE that you could use to actually build battle positions. Do you have any plans on porting the HEMMTs from the OFP mod? I'm so jealous of you guys. I've tried my hand at model creating, but I'm too shakey. So I have to rely on you guys that are great at it. Thanks for sharing all your hard work. Oh and would it be possible to get a listing of the weapons configs for warfare usage. I've been working on a warfare mission based on Desert Storm using GNATS sands map.

This guy has borrowed is helmet to Darth Vader, didn't he ;)

Very nice work all in all, the wheels of the above AMX-30 tank seem a little too octogonal to me.

Yup...but they really did use those Darth Vader helmets in real life which is very interesting. Our goal was to be the first mod for any FPS game to ever make these unique units. Unfortunately however they were not used in the Gulf War...but can be used with BI units to simulate battles from the 2nd invasion of Iraq.

Regarding the wheels...yeah they stick out like a sore thumb and I will be replacing them today with new wheels as they ruin an otherwise very detailed model.

Yup...but they really did use those Darth Vader helmets in real life which is very interesting. Our goal was to be the first mod for any FPS game to ever make these unique units. Unfortunately however they were not used in the Gulf War...but can be used with BI units to simulate battles from the 2nd invasion of Iraq.

Gosh...that's the kind of dress code that can make you lose a war :D (unless the force is on your side)

Miles you must be psychic. I was just wondering the other day why there werent any Saudi units. The M 728 looks cool. I havent seen one of those since the 80's when I was stationed in Germany. You guys are making all the stuff I wanted to see in the game. The only thing I havent seen that I would like is the M88 recovery vehicle or the M9 ACE that you could use to actually build battle positions. Do you have any plans on porting the HEMMTs from the OFP mod? I'm so jealous of you guys. I've tried my hand at model creating, but I'm too shakey. So I have to rely on you guys that are great at it. Thanks for sharing all your hard work. Oh and would it be possible to get a listing of the weapons configs for warfare usage. I've been working on a warfare mission based on Desert Storm using GNATS sands map.

Well sadly our modelling abilities are very limited as our one modeller (Namman2) is slowing down his mod work until he gets a new computer (not easy in Gaza). The M728 I did was a very amateurish job of "frankenstein'ing" an existing M60 model with a dozer blade from our Israeli D9 and adding an A-frame that I tried to model myself. It's not a perfect model, but I think that it's definitely "close enough" until we get an expert model maker to update it.

So basically all of the cool units you see are the result of the generosity of other addon makers like Rygugu, Vilas, SFC Itzhank, Snakeman, Eble and many others who have helped out our mod so greatly. Without them we'd have nothing.

My hope is that by making very interesting and unique addons, that we will attract talented model makers and texture artists to join us. Until then, we work very hard modifying and retexturing these models to make them into something very unique (like the M728, Hezbollah, and Fedayeen models)

We also welcome ANYONE who doesn't want to join us, but who would like to donate to us textured models or who would like to do some retextures of BI models for us.

We need currently these retextured BI models preferably with a LoBo tag (LoBo_AH64_Egyptian.pbo for example on hex edited models):

Israeli & Egyptian C130's

Israeli and Egyptian AH-64

Israeli UH-60

Egyptian M1A1 Abrams

Saudi Arabian M2 Bradley

Egyptian and Iraqi L-39 Albatross

Saudi Arabian and Egyptian CH-47 Chinook

and probably a bunch of others I'm forgetting.

As for the HEMMETT, sadly we can't port those as those were made by the COMBAT mod from OFP who sold their models to BI for VBS2. But... if someone is making some new ones we'd LOVE to use them in our mod because the IDF also uses them. I've also actually driven them in real life and they are TONS of fun to drive off-road.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

Miles, what about using Vilas V150 for the Saudi's ? Didn't they use them in Khafji in '91 ? I remember seeing a bunch burnt out in some old pics.

Chapman

Miles, what about using Vilas V150 for the Saudi's ? Didn't they use them in Khafji in '91 ? I remember seeing a bunch burnt out in some old pics.

Chapman

Yes, as I mentioned earlier, we're going to try asking Vilas to use his V150's and make Saudi SANG versions of them. I used to live in a SANG compound in Riyadh when I was growing up which is why that would be especially cool to me.

Oh but one bit of bad news. My Nvidia 8800GT card is dying on me...so things may slow down a bit. Typing on lowest resolution and 16bit colors right now and can't test anything out in Arma2 without getting a blue screen of death.

:(

Fortunately I have another unused computer that runs ArmA2 (my bros computer who left it at my house that I use for watching movies on a 52" LCD TV cuz it has a BlueRay drive on it). But it will be awhile before I get it fully set-up for editing and stuff. (sigh)

Also no job at the moment so can't afford a new video card unless someone wants to donate one to me.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

more WIP screens

1st the nagmachon (model by jake crappy textures by me)

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/NagmNv.png

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/NagmNv2.png

2nd the merkava mk3 (hull by alm model works the turret by mikebart crappy textures by me 2 )

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/MKIIInv.png

3rd mk3d (model by alm model works textures by me )

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/MKIIIDnv.png

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/MKIIIDnv2.png