miles teg

The Lost Brothers Mod Official Release thread for ArmA2/OA

Great work guys, I wonder if the T-55 might be updated with the same optics for Commander as the Takistani Insurgents T-55? This would greatly help tank commander of the tank so one do not have to command it from the [,] view.

I noticed a little glitch with the EE-11 Urutu passengers shines through its armour, and the turret leaves a small area around its lower parts flying a cm above the main hull. And will the HMG on it ever get operational? or will there be a different version without the 20mm tower to it?

And will we have a full Weapons class name Read me so you can equip them differently in the Editor?

You guys have done a great job with this one and many questions as usual and hope my feedback will help.

Yeah that error in the missions is a really wierd error. We're still trying to figure out what's causing it. But fortunately the missions still work fine. It's just a minor annoyance. As for the thermals, yeah we still need to look at the tutorials to see how to go about adding the thermal heat signatures.

On the T-55, yeah we'll look into trying to get a better commander view.

Also thanks for finding those bugs on the Urutu. We'll see about fixing those. As for the HMG on the top, as of right now there are no plans to get it working at the moment, but we might if we have time. It's just not high priority at the moment. Getting extra MG's to work is a REAL PAIN in the ass and is very time consuming and we got a ton of other addons that we're trying to get working not to mention the updates that need to be done to this pack. But hopefully we'll get more members joing us who can help with some of these things.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

You should check out Nuxil's TVS script. It's not perfect realism wise (as the bomb seems too "agile"), but in terms of keyboard controls it all works quite well, including ability to switch back to pilot view and then back to bomb view as it falls.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check that out.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yeah that error in the missions is a really wierd error. We're still trying to figure out what's causing it.

Try adding a CfgAddons class, for example:

class cfgAddOns {
class preloadAddOns {
	class LoBo_weapons_Iraq {
		list[] = {"LoBo_weapons_Iraq"};
	};
};
};

Without it you'll be getting a similar error in the .RPT too, once for every weapon or magazine created. The solution is just to explicitly preload your addon like this, using the name from CfgPatches.

I gound two bugs:

First http://yfrog.com/86bugknj

and second: Mg gunners as drivers in cars

BTW: Mg gunners wearing russian tactical vests?

Yeah the Cascavel and Urutu need some fixes... we will fix them for the update

I didnt understand whats wrong in a MG soldier driving a car...you mean the UAZs? Any soldier can drive an UAZ...

the tactical vest (russian) was put in even knowing it was not used...we may remove them in the update if we could make a new one, based n something they actually wore.

Try adding a CfgAddons class, for example:

class cfgAddOns {
class preloadAddOns {
	class LoBo_weapons_Iraq {
		list[] = {"LoBo_weapons_Iraq"};
	};
};
};

Without it you'll be getting a similar error in the .RPT too, once for every weapon or magazine created. The solution is just to explicitly preload your addon like this, using the name from CfgPatches.

Oh wow! I had NO idea you had to do that. Thanks a bunch for that tip!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Don't worry, there aren't actually too many mods that use it, and next to no information on BIS' wiki about it.

I think he was trying to say that by default the drivers are MG gunners, and making them just a guy with a rifle would make more sense?

@Miles Teg check your pm's i sent you something and I also need to send you another. O in your box is full:).

just sent you a pm back:icon14:

Edited by esco7800

The TU-22 will be in an update... we're having major issues trying to get the damned FAB-100 bombs to work like they did in ArmA1.

The Mig-29... crap...ya know I forgot about that. I'l have to ask Andrei about that because it was working beautifully in ArmA1.

I love this mod. I've been running it around in the Editor for days on the basis of a campaign where the Iraqis set out to eradicate a Takistani-style tribe on the Takistan Map. The mod works perfectly for that sort of thing.

I keep on getting this error when I try launching ARMA II: OA without mods through Steam: Data File too short 'addons\lobo_iraq_mig23.pbo'.Expected 6932991 B, got 636175 B

I tried removing the Mig23 file but that did not work, it still detected it.

We are roaming Takistan with the Iraqi Republican Guard, we noticed that the T-62 tank got nothing in front or rear that halt you from running straight trough it with a soldier either from front or from the rear.

We also noticed shadow errors such as helmets not being displayed, and sometimes at far distances the Republican Guard seems to lack helmets.

Any plans to make Ammo boxes for them?

I also wonder if we could get a Weapon Library or Classnames for Rifles and Ammo used by these Iraqi fighters? :)

I keep on getting this error when I try launching ARMA II: OA without mods through Steam: Data File too short 'addons\lobo_iraq_mig23.pbo'.Expected 6932991 B, got 636175 B

Hello my friend, I think your error has something to do with Steam, or some issue on your computer, or instalation. Cause we had more than 850 DLs and only you reported that. In any case, I will ask Miles Teg to come and check your post and reply. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

We are roaming Takistan with the Iraqi Republican Guard, we noticed that the T-62 tank got nothing in front or rear that halt you from running straight trough it with a soldier either from front or from the rear.

We also noticed shadow errors such as helmets not being displayed, and sometimes at far distances the Republican Guard seems to lack helmets.

Any plans to make Ammo boxes for them?

I also wonder if we could get a Weapon Library or Classnames for Rifles and Ammo used by these Iraqi fighters? :)

Hello mate, thanks for reporting,

The T-62 was made based on a model by a BF2 mod (with permission) and we know that it has a lot of bugs. They will be corrected for the next update. We only released it with the current pack cause none of the bugs were that bad, so it can be actually used and played with. Of course it need fixes. The shadow errors have been reported and I talked with Miles, who said he wasnt getting those errors. We have an FTP so he was able to PBO the folders, and so we think that maybe this error is related to a PBO programm bug. We will see to it. The helmet shadows not being shown is really an error that will be fixed to the next update.

The soldiers not having helmets, at certain view distances, its weird. Thats because the model of the soldier has different LODs (level of defitinion, or levet of details) like 1000; 2000; 3000; 4000; 5000. So at 1000 mts away you can see a certain level of details, at 2000 mts away you can see less details and so it goes. But on all LODs i checked and the helmet/beret was there. What can be happening is that on highers LODS (that means, very far away distance) the helmets/berets loose details, and you can think there is no helmet/beret, but in fact there is one (with little detail). This is a feature of the game to save computer resources (so it dont lag so much).

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Hello lads,

first, thank you all for replying and reporting errors and your opinion on the mod.

That being said, I want to tell you about what the next update will adress:

1) Thermal signatures - The Republican Guard infantry (and Iraqi Air Force Pilot) already have a thermal signature working. But we got a bug (as an extra, hehe) and the uniform textures are all black now. So, the TS works perfectly but the normal texture (uniforms) are black. We shall correct that soon. On the other hand, the thermal signatures for the engines of the T-62, Cascavel, Urutu; and the engines/turbines of the Mig-23, Mig-27 and Su-22 will be adressed as soon we can correct the Infantry black texture bug.

2) Custom backpacks - Miles Teg is working on custom backpacks for the entire LoBo projects and some of them shall be customized to the republican guard infantry.

3) Bugs - All reported bugs will be corrected before we release the next update. So its very important that you guys report any errors.

4) New units - Mig-29, Tu-22, Tu-16 and the Gazelle Ligth Helicopter will be inserted into the pack. I am also working on the T55 Enigma upgraded iraqi tank.

5) New map/island - I will talk to Miles Teg and see if he can try to port the map "73 Eastings" from OFP to Arma II.

6) New missions - For the next update, new missions will be made and inserted into the Mod.

I can possibly forgot some new features, and I will edit this post later. I will upload some images to show the republican guard infantry thermal signatures as well.

See you all later.

Andrei - LoBo Iraq Army Lead Projector

Edited by andrei

Woe... that is bizarre. If you are still getting that error even after removing the Lobo_Iraq_Mig23.pbo file, then something is really screwed up if you are still getting that error. Double check addons folder and make sure that its not in the main ArmA2/addons folder where all the BI addons are. Double check also that you have no other mods being launched with OA. I don't have a steam version so I can't give you any more advice then that unfortunately. But most likely it's something simple. If not, then you just found a bizarre bug that has to do with the Steam system that is beyond our power to fix. Perhaps a skilled script writer/programmer could figure it out, but we don't have anyone like that in our mod. But as Andrei said, if nobody else is experiencing that bug, then the problem is likely something simple that was overlooked where somewhere in some ArmaII directory you still have that .pbo file and Steam is loading it up or attempting to. It may be loading up missions that need that file perhaps. So you might try removing the missions that use that addon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

great to here things are going well looking forward to the next update guys, you guys have done a vary good job so far.

Thank you very much Andrei for those answers,

it is still a great mod me and my brother is once again playing in the same team, that is he got Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead thanks to this mod.

You and the team are simply great.

The first thing I'd try to do with such an error is re-download the addon.

great to here things are going well looking forward to the next update guys, you guys have done a vary good job so far.

Thank you very much esco. You have been following me since my first Iraqi Army release, when I wasnt part of LoBo. And always encouraging me.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Thank you very much Andrei for those answers,

it is still a great mod me and my brother is once again playing in the same team, that is he got Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead thanks to this mod.

You and the team are simply great.

Haha, that is very good to hear that our mod put two brothers playing together!!!! Thanks for the "thanks". I would love if my brother bougth the games and played with me. Hey we need to schedule a day so everyone here play together some missions!!!! If any of you guys have a server, I can also make some new missions expecially for those events!!! What do you guys say??

Hugs,

Andrei

No servers we play directly Internet connection this far *chuckles* Yeah he is living in a different county now days, we used to LAN a lot of OPF where Lost Brothers mod and the Syrians or Egyptians where our main troopers and favourite mod along with Project 85 a bit further into the future as we played Armed Assault as well.

We are two of those that really loves to play with Eastern side or as West as the Israelis.

We had a short LAN gaming period with Armed Assault but we got it to late, as Armed Assault 2 was already going and due to be updated with Operation Arrowhead.

I ended up buying both games and then another round of it cause I failed to get original Armed Assault 2 and Operation Arrowhead to merge. As such I bought Armed Assault 2 Combined Operations and OA.

My brother that is much more of a computer geek then I am could merge the two original games I already had and as such we could start playing again, much to the horror of my wife and his girlfriend, kids and yeah the surroundings of the non Armed Assault 2 OA players in our surroundings.

We try to keep the gaming time online on moderate levels but with an Editor such as the one provided for Arma 2 and OA it is hard to not get dug down in the Editing circus, using every means available to get triggers and scripts working, Armed Assault Editing Guide Deluxe by Mr Murray a great helper, along with wikipedia and both BIS forum and the Armaholic Forums.

This is the one game we always loved, mostly cause it has provides us with all elements of the battle field.

We are growing older with this series for sure lol

I am the main Mission maker and we mostly make MP missions however I got much to learn, with Armed Assault 2 and OA not being obsolete as for yet I got time to put down some efforts to make good missions.

The main problem with the new games is the Briefing and Debriefing and Notes system.

This was much easier and better in OPF and Armed Assault.

Now I need to learn a whole new way to implement them to my missions, time that is not easy to find when all grown up.

I used and still use Arma Edit by Chris Henderson and its excellent Wizard created files to make Briefings but now I need other programs to do this and as such I need to learn the new way to do this.

A great way to unite is with Lost Brother Mod and or the Iranian Mod by stevieboy and YorT.

Thank you Andrei and Lost Brother Team for your hard work and dedication, you guys makes brothers unite for real and not to forget the original game and present game makers behind this excellent game series that provides the vehicle for geeks such as us to unite.

opffever :)