tophe

Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)

The issue is there are no missions shown in the tab.

you need to copy the exe and the folder of ta2dst into arma2oa root folder (where your mpmissions folder is)

i think this is your problem

The mpmissions folder is empty, that is the cause I assume. Shouldnt there be some default missions in it? Also, if I want to start a server that loads OA +A2, does it do that by default, or do I need to check some of the addon folders?

I am not following. Why are there none of the stock arma2/OA missions in the folders in which they are supposed to be? This is a fresh install

having an issue that is possibly related to that. When trying to load any mission that has A2 content it skips the mission with a missin addon message. So I attempted to copy the whole arma2 install on my server to a subfolder in my OA folder and loaded the arma2 folder as a mod in the tophe tool. That produces a huge amount of errors.

Is there any way to load co properly using this launcher? Provided is: A2 and OA were installed on steam on the server pc. OA content runs flawless, but A2 content is skipped.

you need missions . T2dst is for server host and need missions.pbo in mpmission folder

edit: also you need to run arma as Co

I'm using folders for my mod-specific missions, like @Missions-ACE, @Missions-CWR, with MPMissions subfolders so that the missions within are only available in the game if I've enabled those "mods" before launching it. I've found this is necessary because the MPMissions folder doesn't support subfolders, unlike the Missions folder, and therefore it gets terribly cluttered and confusing to know which missions I can actually select and run (if I could put them in subfolders like Vanilla, ACE, CWR, CAA1, I44, etc then I'd be able to see which folder I should select missions from, depending on which mods I launched the game with).

Anyway, TA2DST doesn't see those missions in the @Missions- folder and therefore I can't select them in the missions list. I wonder if it would be possible to make it scan the enabled mods folders and if it finds any MPMissions subfolders with missions in, add them to the missions list to be selected?

Hi There :) I have a little question to TA2DST.

I hope someone can help. I searched for an Answer, but can´t find one.

Is there any possibility to make the Tool automaticly start the Server? That i don´t have to hit the Launch Button? Our Server PC restarts every Morning, and i want the Software to autostart too.

Greetz

ZERO

What is the syntax to run scripts in the OnUserConnected field?

[_id, _name] execVM ""logintest_server.sqf""

This wont work, the server log shows:

Error in expression <[_id, _name] execVM "logintest_server.sqf">

Error position: <execVM "logintest_server.sqf">

Error Missing ;

Error in expression <[_id, _name] execVM "logintest_server.sqf">

Error position: <execVM "logintest_server.sqf">

Error Missing ;

I followed this example:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/onPlayerConnected

I for some reason can not get expert mode to work on any server i start..........any idea's anyone?

Hi tophe,

I am currently running a server with your tool,

Two problems I have noticed are.

1 ) The maximum players will only go up to 64, this is a problem as I am trying to run a server with 64 - 120 player slots, the tool does say that the map player slots will automatically change the amount of players that can connect, but this did not work for me when i tried to run a 100 player slot map.

2 ) Also another really useful feature could be to add v2 Signature checks to the tool, as anytime someone joins without the listed mods it just gives a clientside warning message telling them that they don't have the mods, but does not kick them from the server.

All in all I think it's a great tool, very handy to use when your just trying to run a quick temporary server.

But I really think that the tool would be great if these two problems could be fixed.

Thanks mate,

Looking forward to reply,

Peace,

Stephen

I am running a dedicated server with a steam install. I have tried add the arma2 folder as a mod as well as copying the contents of arma2 into the oa folder. I am able to launch the game using a script but not able to launch it using tophe with the same mods.

This works (not using tophe)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OAServer.exe" "-port=2314" "-name=server2" "-config=C:\Users\Public\Desktop\ArmA 2 CO Server\Servers\server2\server2.cfg" "-cfg=C:\Users\Public\Desktop\ArmA 2 CO Server\Arma2OA.cfg" "-profiles=C:\Users\Public\Desktop\ArmA 2 CO Server\server.ArmA2OAProfile.cfg" "-BePath=C:\Users\Public\Desktop\ArmA 2 CO Server\Server Tools\BattlEye\server2" "-netlog" "-ranking=C:\Users\Public\Desktop\ArmA 2 CO Server\Servers\server2\ranking.log" "-pid=C:\Users\Public\Desktop\ArmA 2 CO Server\Servers\server2\PID.log" "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\ArmA 2;expansion;expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA;@I44"

This doesnt using tophe

-port=2314 "-config=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\TA2DST\I44\TA2DST_config.cfg" "-cfg=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\TA2DST\I44\TA2DST_basic.cfg" "-profiles=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\TA2DST\I44" -name=TA2DST -pid=C:\Arma2\i44\PID.log "-ranking=C:\Arma2\i44\ranking.log" "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@I44"

rpt file when running with arma2 as a mod

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oaserver.exe

== "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2314 "-config=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\TA2DST\I44\TA2DST_config.cfg" "-cfg=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\TA2DST\I44\TA2DST_basic.cfg" "-profiles=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\TA2DST\I44" -name=TA2DST -pid=C:\Arma2\i44\PID.log "-ranking=C:\Arma2\i44\ranking.log" "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@I44"

Exe timestamp: 2013/01/19 23:27:07

Current time: 2013/02/14 14:42:37

Version 1.62.95251

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Item STR_DN_Bunker listed twice

Item STR_VN_G_Casemate_MG42_R67L listed twice

Item STR_VN_G_Casemate_PaK40_R67L listed twice

Item STR_VN_G_Casemate_PaK40_R67R listed twice

Item STR_VN_G_Casemate_FlaK36_R272 listed twice

Item STR_DN_PLANE listed twice

Item STR_DN_PARACHUTE listed twice

Item //COMMENT listed twice

Item STR_DN_Besa listed twice

Item STR_MN_250rd_792x57_Mix_MG42 listed twice

Conflicting addon ST_FTHud in 'plr\plr_bulge\', previous definition in 'x\st\addons\fthud\'

Item str_dn_vickers listed twice

Item str_dn_mode_fullauto listed twice

Item str_dn_mode_burst listed twice

Item str_position_reargunner listed twice

Item str_position_frontgunner listed twice

Item str_dn_radio listed twice

Item str_dn_tent listed twice

Updating base class ->RifleCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Rifle/

Updating base class RscListBox->RscIGUIListBox, by x\cba\addons\ui_helper\config.bin/RscDisplayMultiplayer/Controls/CA_ValueSessions/

Updating base class RscPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by x\inv44\addons\i44_base_ui\config.bin/RscDisplayLoading/Variants/LoadingOne/controls/LoadingPic/

Updating base class RscPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by x\inv44\addons\i44_base_ui\config.bin/RscDisplayLoadMission/controlsBackground/LoadingPic/

Updating base class RscPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by x\inv44\addons\i44_base_ui\config.bin/RscDisplayStart/controls/LoadingPic/

Updating base class RscShortcutButtonMain->RscShortcutButtonI44Menu, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_SinglePlayer/

Updating base class RscShortcutButtonMain->CA_SinglePlayer, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_MP/

Updating base class RscShortcutButtonMain->CA_SinglePlayer, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_Options/

Updating base class RscShortcutButtonMain->CA_SinglePlayer, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_PlayerProfile/

Updating base class RscShortcutButtonMain->RscShortcutButtonI44Menu, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_Exit/

Updating base class RscShortcutButtonMain->RscShortcutButtonI44Menu, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_Achievements/

Updating base class RscShortcutButtonMain->RscShortcutButtonI44Menu, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplaySingleplayer/controls/CA_Campaign/

Updating base class RscShortcutButton->CA_Campaign, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplaySingleplayer/controls/ButtonCancel/

Updating base class RscShortcutButtonMain->RscShortcutButtonI44Menu, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplayOptions/controls/BVideo/

Updating base class RscShortcutButton->BVideo, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplayOptions/controls/ButtonCancel/

Updating base class RscStandardDisplay->, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplayInterrupt/

Updating base class ->Logic, by x\inv44\addons\i44_base_scripts\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I44_Module/

Updating base class ->Rifle, by x\inv44\addons\i44_base_w\config.bin/cfgWeapons/I44_MG/

Updating base class I44_MG->I44_AutoRifle, by i44_anims\config.bin/cfgWeapons/I44_BrenMk1/

Updating base class ->Plane, by thefew\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Few_AIR_base/

Updating base class ->ViewPilot, by thefew\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Few_AIR_base/ViewPilot/

Updating base class NonStrategic->Few_AIR_base, by csj_i44_config\config.bin/cfgVehicles/CSJ_BBalloon/

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Recruit.recoilCoef'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Recruit.autoreload'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Recruit.animSpeedCoef'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgDifficulties/Recruit/Flags.CameraShake'.

Warning Message: []: '/' not an array

Cannot evaluate '' - no file

...MORE OF THE SAME BELOW

2013/02/14, 14:45:04 NAT Negotiation completed

2013/02/14, 14:45:38 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/DragAndDropFont.shadow'.

2013/02/14, 14:45:38 Warning Message: '/' is not a value

2013/02/14, 14:45:38 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWrapperUI/Cursors/Arrow.shadow'.

2013/02/14, 14:45:38 Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Launched without arma as mod just copied to arma2 to oa folder

== C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oaserver.exe

== "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oaserver.exe" -port=2314 "-config=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\TA2DST\I44\TA2DST_config.cfg" "-cfg=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\TA2DST\I44\TA2DST_basic.cfg" "-profiles=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\TA2DST\I44" -name=TA2DST -pid=C:\Arma2\i44\PID.log "-ranking=C:\Arma2\i44\ranking.log" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@I44"

Exe timestamp: 2013/01/19 23:27:07

Current time: 2013/02/14 15:10:07

Version 1.62.95251

Item STR_DN_Bunker listed twice

Item STR_VN_G_Casemate_MG42_R67L listed twice

Item STR_VN_G_Casemate_PaK40_R67L listed twice

Item STR_VN_G_Casemate_PaK40_R67R listed twice

Item STR_VN_G_Casemate_FlaK36_R272 listed twice

Item STR_DN_PLANE listed twice

Item STR_DN_PARACHUTE listed twice

Item STR_DN_Besa listed twice

Item STR_MN_250rd_792x57_Mix_MG42 listed twice

Conflicting addon ST_FTHud in 'plr\plr_bulge\', previous definition in 'x\st\addons\fthud\'

Item str_dn_vickers listed twice

Item str_dn_mode_fullauto listed twice

Item str_dn_mode_burst listed twice

Item str_position_reargunner listed twice

Item str_position_frontgunner listed twice

Item str_dn_radio listed twice

Item str_dn_tent listed twice

Updating base class ->RifleCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Rifle/

Updating base class RscShortcutButtonMain->RscShortcutButtonI44Menu, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_SinglePlayer/

Updating base class RscShortcutButtonMain->CA_SinglePlayer, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_MP/

Updating base class RscShortcutButtonMain->CA_SinglePlayer, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_Options/

Updating base class RscShortcutButtonMain->CA_SinglePlayer, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_PlayerProfile/

Updating base class RscShortcutButtonMain->CA_SinglePlayer, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_Expansions/

Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscShortcutButtonI44Menu, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_Exit/

Updating base class RscShortcutButtonMain->RscShortcutButtonI44Menu, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_Achievements/

Updating base class RscShortcutButtonMain->RscShortcutButtonI44Menu, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplaySingleplayer/controls/CA_Campaign/

Updating base class RscShortcutButton->CA_Campaign, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplaySingleplayer/controls/ButtonCancel/

Updating base class RscShortcutButtonMain->RscShortcutButtonI44Menu, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplayOptions/controls/BVideo/

Updating base class RscShortcutButton->BVideo, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplayOptions/controls/ButtonCancel/

Updating base class RscStandardDisplay->, by x\inv44\addons\i44_ui_main\config.bin/RscDisplayInterrupt/

Updating base class ->Logic, by x\inv44\addons\i44_base_scripts\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I44_Module/

Updating base class ->Rifle, by x\inv44\addons\i44_base_w\config.bin/cfgWeapons/I44_MG/

Updating base class I44_MG->I44_AutoRifle, by i44_anims\config.bin/cfgWeapons/I44_BrenMk1/

Updating base class ->Plane, by thefew\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Few_AIR_base/

Updating base class ->ViewPilot, by thefew\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Few_AIR_base/ViewPilot/

Updating base class NonStrategic->Few_AIR_base, by csj_i44_config\config.bin/cfgVehicles/CSJ_BBalloon/

Can I use TA2DST to host a Dayz server? I use the program to host a wasteland server but I don't know how to go about hosting a Dayz one with this program, could you/anyone help me? :D

@Bad_Habit set expert mode under the "Missions" tab, not the "Difficulty Setting" tab. This is used to set the values of that mode, not select the mode itself.

I have a question/request: having read the forum post about server security here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?121438-How-to-secure-Your-server-Read-here!, particularly the lines:

Immediately rename Your server -config= files to unique filenames!

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A...Server_Options

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

Is there any way or can it be made so these file names can be customized or better yet randomized like BattleEye does from within the TAD2ST program, to prevent them being accessed and read?

@Bad_Habit set expert mode under the "Missions" tab, not the "Difficulty Setting" tab. This is used to set the values of that mode, not select the mode itself.

Thanks zach72.......I had figured it out already

Can someone please enlighten me?

I'm running a server using Tophe's tool, and when everyone disconnects, it automatically reload the mission and start a waiting period for someone to log in into the server to reinitialize the modules and stuff.

Is there any way to make it don't do that? I'm trying to run a MSO and this obviously is getting rid of everything we did during the section.

Thanks in advance,

Zimu

On the server details tab, tick "persistent battlefield"

Damn, right under my nose, sorry for the stupid question and thanks for the fast answer. :D

I downloaded this and tried to create a wasteland server using the downloaded mission files from 404gaming. i created the server and everything looked fine except that it always says "Creating" in the server browser. I am able to connect but any one else gets a connection failed message. I have forwarded all ports but still cant seem to get this to work.

I downloaded this and tried to create a wasteland server using the downloaded mission files from 404gaming. i created the server and everything looked fine except that it always says "Creating" in the server browser. I am able to connect but any one else gets a connection failed message. I have forwarded all ports but still cant seem to get this to work.

I'm having the same problem, but with another mission. I was testing my MSO yesterday and suddenly no one else was able to connect to my dedicated server, which has been working fine for the past 10 months. Checking the RPT file, it says:

Version 1.62.95251
NAT Negotiation failed - unable to communicate with the server

I've checked the Firewalls on the server and the port forwarding on my home pc. But nothing seems to work.

Any ideas about that would be nice,

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Apparently this is a problem with gamespy. Thanks. :)

Edited by gioZimu

I'm having the same problem, but with another mission. I was testing my MSO yesterday and suddenly no one else was able to connect to my dedicated server, which has been working fine for the past 10 months. Checking the RPT file, it says:

Version 1.62.95251
NAT Negotiation failed - unable to communicate with the server

I've checked the Firewalls on the server and the port forwarding on my home pc. But nothing seems to work.

Any ideas about that would be nice,

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Apparently this is a problem with gamespy. Thanks. :)

Where did you hear this and is there a fix for it? I am having the exact same problem since today testing a mission I'm working on. I can connect... no one else can. Was working perfectly yesterday.

Saw it over the Server Administration forum. There's no fix yet. (at least I haven't found any)

If you want to give this a test... I found some information in another thread about adding an option to the startup parameters that "might" help... but I don't have anyone to test ATM and I'm at work.

In TA2DST on the "Server Details" tab, put this in the "Parameters" line

OTHERPARAMS='-ip=XX.XXX.XXX.XXX'

replacing the X's with your WAN ip. Please let us know if it works.

If no one has reported back by the time I get home this evening, I'll test it to verify.

Reference post

--------------

Edit... No need for a fix... users connected with & without the posted "fix". Seems things are back to normal? The world may never know.....

Edited by _Mofo_