What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Yeah, the AK74SU inherits it from the AK74 base, if memory serves. So if you fix the 74, you shouldn't have trouble with the AK74SU. :)

Well, I had a burst entry in the AK74... thats the problem. So it should worked anyways right? But it not. I heard that vanilla sound. I'm not sure if its even was an AK74 or AK74U... but in my U config, theres no Burst entry, or WAS no burst entry.

So I jumped on Utes, drop single CDF soldier with all kind of weapons (AKs74, AKM, AK74, AK74U and so on) but theres no vanilla sound to hear...

Maybe something else... hmmm shite... could even be an RPK74, ACE adds a new one, without a drum magazine.. maybe thats it...

Jarhead

J.S.R.S. 1.4 not release. Theme topic J.S.R.S. 1.4 why?Actual version J.S.R.S. 1.33.

release J.S.R.S. 1.4, rename topic J.S.R.S. 1.4 .

This is the thread where I post my stuff and progress for JSRS 1.4... thats why I renamed it. If you dont be patient enough, I cant help you. Not my problem.

JSRS is already at version 1.4... you just dont get it till I unleash it. I do not want you all to come running up again on me because of errors. So 1.4 is over a month now available, for the testingphase.

So calm down dammit!

Jarhead

Be advised, Jarhead, just because you didn't hear the AK-74 vanilla sound doesn't mean the problem is fixed.

The vanilla sound occurs when AI soldiers use the burst fire method created by ACE. You will only hear it if the AI is shooting.

LJ, use Ak-47 sounds of Flashpoint - its fully realistic, tested on self!!!

Be advised, Jarhead, just because you didn't hear the AK-74 vanilla sound doesn't mean the problem is fixed.

The vanilla sound occurs when AI soldiers use the burst fire method created by ACE. You will only hear it if the AI is shooting.

Yah, you may want to read carefully, that is what I mentioned... or its the language barrier again^^ I was talking about AI!

I was using ACE, ACERU and ACEX and there where some CDF guys or so with the normal vanilla AK74, and they had vanilla sounds. If I take the gun, it have JSRS sounds.

Its only on the AKS74U. All other guns are working fine. I'm about to fix that since its still vanilla. Dont know why, there is a burst entry already....

Jarhead

EDIT: Got it! I guess its that:

class ACE_Burst_Far: Burst {

Thanks for infos mates!

Edited by LordJarhead

Yeah I have noticed that as well, I don't mind because it mixes up the sound of enemy fire.

It's great until you realise that your team/the enemy/someone was equipped with a suppressor.

Before you guys think I'm not doing anything:

I made some distance sounds for Javelin, M136, TOW, FFAR, LAW (NLaw, SMAW), RPG, RPG18, all kinds of Stinger and wire rockets, Shotguns, Metis... also I try to rework the gearsounds while moving, I have some nice recordings of that. I'll see if its working.

Also, I mentioned that some time ago, I was trying to make distancesounds for land vehicles. Well its working like on helicopter, but its not the same. The distand sound will only appear when driving with normal speed. So if you driving slow, fast or standing around the sound will not be hearable. Means: You hear the sound, but only a short time, than again, than again not, than again... sounds horrible..

So... is there maybe another way to do that? Hmmm... not sure. But dont even want to know. Would be just more work for me, hehe.

But, I have a question! What about that entry: soundEnviron[] = {"",0.562341,1};

I saw it on the class HMMWV_Base: Car. What exactly does this entry? Is it a sound with will be played continuously? Maybe I could do something with that... static Radio noises or so. Or the sound of an nearby standing car.... HAHAHAHA^^ What does that sounds like??!?!? hehehehe

Jarhead

Before you guys think I'm not doing anything

Mate, are you kidding? You have done so much so far, and everybody who is reading your Thread and Posts knows that you are working hard on J.S.R.S alot of Time. No need to explain imho. :D

Distance Sounds for Rockets? Great! :thumb:

Before you guys think I'm not doing anything:

I would say that you are just not pulling your weight, and therefore not doing enough.:torture::whip::sulkoff:

Haha, you guys know how it was meant! Just because all seem so impatient lately, I must justify myself somehow, hehehe.

I tryin to rework the gear sounds the whole day. I had some awesome ones. They where nice! They sounded simply great on 5.1. But in stereo mode with headphones, they were terrible. So I have to adapt. If I let them sound cool to 5.1, they sound in stereo just .... terrible^^. And vice versa. So I have to find that way in between.

So, anyone who can answer my soundEnviron[] question up ahead? Yaha, I should just try and dont ask dump questions here^^

Jarhead

Ya, the best thing to do is just try it. Make it play the Benny Hill music or something so you know when it kicks in, then go from there. That's what I would do at least... ;)

I would say as an outsider that trying to work sounds to 5.1 might not be a good course to go down.

Much like mixing music in 5.1 it should be created and mixed for stereo and then up mixed to 5.1 if needed or demanded (or a fixed 5.1 version only), esp if the core recipients aren't 5.1 on mass.

Otherwise you will have a lot of stereo folk making noise about odd sounds made on 5.1.

Not trying to teach to suck eggs or anything and Im sure you are switching back and forth testing both, but I just thought I would say as you mentioned it.

Mate, I appreciate your opinion very much! Thank you!

I always try to find a good way, because I myself use both way, 5.1 and Stereo Headset. In 5.1, or at least on MY 5.1 System, the sounds for movement by the player in first person will be split of on all chanals except for the centre. I guess this is so, why the sounds are "under you" because these are your steps^^ So the game tries to simulate that. If I watch down, I hear the steps on centre, watch up and I mostly hear them behind me... nah its kind of tricky -.-

But hey, I guess I made the best of it and so I have some new gear sounds now. Some of you may not like them, but I want to provide the old gear sounds too... or several packs at least corze I have a lot of these gear sounds....

Jarhead

This is the thread where I post my stuff and progress for JSRS 1.4... thats why I renamed it. If you dont be patient enough, I cant help you. Not my problem.

JSRS is already at version 1.4... you just dont get it till I unleash it. I do not want you all to come running up again on me because of errors. So 1.4 is over a month now available, for the testingphase.

So calm down dammit!

Jarhead

I did not require release of version 1.4, release mode when the done.For me enough until version 1.33.

I will put a fat "RELEASED" behind the name of this thread when its done! But nice to see you still have fun with 1.33 ;) Sry for the trouble mate... was not well thought out^^

I love the fact that finally ONE dude here are rdy to release real distant sounds. Have no clue what happened to the ACE-guy's "Advanced Combat Sound Environment WiP" and Optical Snare got tired of modding to Arma2... Me 2...

But I love to see so much passion as you LJ have shown for this now old engine. :) I hope there WILL be (or else!!!) a new soundsystem and better animation-system for weapons in Arma3!!!

Great work, with the TAC-50 rifle! Is it like this with all weapons?

I love the fact that finally ONE dude here are rdy to release real distant sounds. Have no clue what happened to the ACE-guy's "Advanced Combat Sound Environment WiP" and Optical Snare got tired of modding to Arma2... Me 2...

But I love to see so much passion as you LJ have shown for this now old engine. :) I hope there WILL be (or else!!!) a new soundsystem and better animation-system for weapons in Arma3!!!

Great work, with the TAC-50 rifle! Is it like this with all weapons?

Thanks mate ;) Much appreciated! I dont know whats happened with the guys or even tpm with the ACSE... I guess there are still working on it. At least I hope so. But theres no project entry in the DevHeaven... strange :eek:

Well, the Tac50 is a really powerfull rifle. 50.bmg from a sniperrifle? That have to sounds like that. I try to make all my weapons sounds the way I as I have experienced them myself, or as I can estimate how they'll sounds like. Sure, most of the weapons may not sounds the way most people here want them to... but I dont care anymore. Its my mod. ;)

And ya, I hope for all the best with ArmaIII. But I guess it'll be way better. Just because we're able to play with that PhyX will bring some awesome mods;)

Thanks mate!

Jarhead

The most wonderful thing here (and i m sure you guys all agree ) ..is the

LJ's "Passion" and his "Faith" to his work.

Those 2 "ingredients" makes the 'Real Winner' imo

I admire and deeply respect both of them and i wished more people of our

community would have the "same amount" of those -and continue 'pushing forward' with their work to achieve 'perfection' but..for sure the 'real life' its

harsh for most of people.

One more 'Bravo' (*ΜπÏαβο in Greek) for you

WE waiting for your next release :)

LJ I've seen your latest video and it sounds great!

There's something about the popping of distant firing that still isn't..well.."that" if you know what I mean?

Anyway it's a great achievement already

Don't get me wrong because I like it alot!

Edited by sarge4267

I think we have adequate teasers to let us know how 1.4 works. Right now I recommend you to put all effort on enhancing and polishing the mod you're going on. We'll do the rest like bug-finding and video-advertising when in release. ;)

I watched that welcome to shapur vid, I sat there, watched the whole thing once, then went back and watched it with my eyes closed, absolutely amazing stuff.