What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Hmm, been wondering this for a little while now, but never got around to remembering it while being on the forums the same time.

Which sounds in the mod have you personally recorded or had recorded for this project?

I ask because one day I was out at my backyard range with a few friends tearing up some targets with 2 AR-15's and a WASR. And as we're shooting, 2 A-10's flying from Grissom AFB flew over at less than 1000ft. The only other friend that plays arma there looked at me and I knew we were both thinking the same thing: if only arma sounded this good. :P We've talked a few times about it since, and have thought about doing a bit of recording to see what kind of sounds we could come up with.

Oh, I know that^^ I also asking my self something like that couple of times the DAY! But, no, all vehicles in my mod are from YouTube videos or videos made by other people who send them to me and I had no business in there recording tools or video convertions. All I can use is stuff thats free for using it. I never saw a A10 in reallife, never heard it. Also I've never sat in a tank instead of the dead ones standing around the panzermuseum. Just shooting multiple handheld weapons like Ar15, M16, Ak, alot of pistols and stuff like that. Do you able to get good recordings of A10's? Would be maybe interessting.^^

It would have to be some check of the primary weapon type.

Optimum would be one time at Mission start and then again if player changes his weapon

Ah, there was a mod some time ago, its was changing the sound for the gear you wear I guess. Well, if you've played with a chillie sniper, you heard the chilliewearings. Maybe anyone knows what I mean, it was something big, like Cammy or VOP? Don't know.

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Nice, but explosions sounds a bit hushfully :)

Edited by DAP
Thanks, Foxhound :)

jarhead..you summing up what you're about to release is me sitting on the edge of my seat.

Please..I also need my sleep like every other human being.

Keep up the awesome work LJ!

oh my god! I did a big mistake and the pc was formatin my hdd? Now all is gone again!!!!!

ah, ok, bad joke^^ I going to make a video of the T72 and T90 and upload them tonight ;)

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

As said, I guess I will rework them anyways! This is just because we had an interesting change in our Team for ProjectZero and we will start completly new with that project. So all the sounds are free to use of it, and I going to put some of them into JSRS.

I though about putting the explosions from PZero into JSRS: What do you think? Would that be a good idea?

Well, see the vidoe for youself:

Jarhead

Btw, if you're thinking about it, stop thinking and start doing. :P These are the best explosion sounds ever.

Edit: There was a lot more to this post, but was for some reason deleted by foxhound. To sum it up, I'll try to catch the A-10's in the act next time they pass through.

Edited by TheCapulet

So, here you can take a look on my T72 and T90!

J.S.R.S. 1.4 T72 90

cQatobl93xM

Have fun and don't forget the feedback!

Jarhead

Like the new intro, love the sounds. You just can't dissapoint.

I think, need add sound effects, feel more of the metal to tracks!

Track sounds 1

0:40sec

Mate, how sick is that!??!?! :eek: I thought COD would be bullshit, but THEY jumping with an tank while shooting?!??! OMG...

Well at leasst, I know what you mean, I see if I can add some more metallic noises, but no promises.

Jarhead

I think, need add sound effects, feel more of the metal to tracks!

Track sounds 1

0:40sec

Jarhead!

Dont use this video! there is poor sound quality.

For Russian side please use sounds from our pak (you know what iam talking about) if you need more sound - just send me message.

This pak created by real russian soldiers. We have selected the best sounds from around 300 videos.

Dont use party videos for Russian armory!

and add some echo to AS VAL(VSS).

Norg

@J-Guid

at the end the David Hasselhoff version of russian national anthem :p

@JH

at eye level to the other excellent new sounds (AH64, A10)!

As always Jarhead nothing disappoints, all top work as usual :bounce3:

As regards:

I though about putting the explosions from PZero into JSRS: What do you think? Would that be a good idea?

There is a good old saying ... "Does a bear shit in the woods?".

In other words, for love of god, put the explosions in man!

Edited by mrcash2009

Pay some more respect to peoples work, than maybe your feedback is appreciated and taken into account.

Critizing is fine, just do it in a normal and constructive way.

Thank you.

I did not want to offend them, offer my apologies, but the sound of footsteps, and indeed some are not natural, they need sounds of gear.

Sorry LJ! I love your SM, but ithink that need a little fixes:) :bounce3:

Now, at the end it's my decision. Honestly, they don't NEED to do anything!

I guess I let them like they are, if you don't like them, feel free to delete the JSRS_Movement_c.pbo and you free of the unnatural stuff!

So guys, after a while I want to rework the bullethits as well. They need a bit more realistic touch. But its really really hard to get good bullethit sounds. I do not want to run outside with a hammer and bang around on stones.^^

And I had an idea. There are mostly two kinds of the same ammo type. For example we have B_762x54_Ball and B_762x54_noTracer. Does that mean, that the B_762x54_Ball is a tracer?

In that case, I can address the tracer ammo in the config and give them its own bullethits. I had the idea, to give the tracers an light and from time to time upcomming sound for simulating the burning of the flareignition with a slight flaresound.

If a tracerbullet hits, it hisses short time after that. Since the tracer is not "always" go out on impact, they continue to hiss a short time after the collision, "burn" perhaps even on the floor. I saw that some times ago, and I was wondering what that was. Well, its the tracerammo which is not always working like it should^^

So thats would maybe a nice effect.

Anyways: Some people already getting pissed while seeing the distancescript not working like they thought it would. While shoting your gun, you can hear both sounds, but as close together, so you may not realize that. This is not a problem! BUT, when going further away, you hear the distancesounds, not matters how far the shooter ist away, the distance sound will be played EXACTLY at the same time, the gunner is shooting. So theres no time between shot and sound on far distances. Might be a little problem. So you would hear a sniper shooting BEFORE even the bullet hits you! Well, at least these are just 0.5 seconds or so, but people getting pissed about such a situation.

I thought now on a other way: Why we don't use the distancescript in SHORT range, so I take the shotsounds from the weapons and put them into the script, while the normal weapons using distance sounds which are fading out and taking its time between the shot and the sound. To explain a little easier:

We have now the M16 sounds: M16_s1-4 (main sounds, which you have NOW already in 1.3 of corze) and one distancesound for it M16. The M16_s1-4 are the main sound for the gun, which you have now, the normal sound even. Just the distancesound is getting played at the same time, after a certain distance ths main sounds are fading out (M16_s1-4) and you only hear the distance up from now. So, now changing the system: You hear both sounds, but the DISTANCESOUND fading now out after a short range, and you will hear up from now ONLY the M16_s1-4 sound. So makine the MAIN SOUNDs for the M16 to the distance sound (which we would have 4 distance sounds) and one MAIN sound.

While shooting we have always the same sound for our weapon, which is not wrong! But in distance, we would have 4 sounds, or 8 sounds, ou even 20 sounds if we want! This would make an unbelieveable atmosphere ingame and ALSO fixes the problem above. The M16_s1-4 sounds are getting faded, and there would be again an certain time between shot and sound.

I hope you can follow me.... :P I know, languagebarrier.

But think like the sounds you have NOW, the main sounds for your guns, where distance sounds. So we would have 8 sounds PER GUN! And than you have ONE sound for near (first person shooting and 100 meters around maybe). I guess whis is going to be interessting :D:D

Forget about that^^ Doesn't working. The distancesound will be played just a hald second after the shot... making it sounds horrible^^ Sry

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

In that case, I can address the tracer ammo in the config and give them its own bullethits. I had the idea, to give the tracers an light and from time to time upcomming sound for simulating the burning of the flareignition with a slight flaresound.

If a tracerbullet hits, it hisses short time after that. Since the tracer is not "always" go out on impact, they continue to hiss a short time after the collision, "burn" perhaps even on the floor. I saw that some times ago, and I was wondering what that was. Well, its the tracerammo which is not always working like it should^^

Tracer rounds hissing when they are stationary on the ground. But would you really hear it when they are in flight?

And also, remember that most tracer rounds in the game are in a 1:4 mix with ball rounds, and you don't want all the normal bullets from the same magazine making tracer sounds.

Hello Lord Jarhead!

When you have time not forget, Die Schmerzensschreie the wounded Sounds.

Regards from Mike/Österreich

Edited by Mike-USA

Never heard the tracers hissing during flight - the high frequency is drowned out by the loudness of the shot.

Tracer rounds hissing when they are stationary on the ground. But would you really hear it when they are in flight?

And also, remember that most tracer rounds in the game are in a 1:4 mix with ball rounds, and you don't want all the normal bullets from the same magazine making tracer sounds.

I'm talking about the HITS, not the flights! So if a bullet HITS, its laying around somewhere! The flight, you mean bulletbys or Soniccracks, still antouched!

Jarhead

So guys, after a while I want to rework the bullethits as well. They need a bit more realistic touch.
Oh I welcome this mate, I have been using a replacement Sound Of Anders hit sounds, also I like CSM. Now before people knee jerk reply, this was just examples only for the surfaces.

The thing that I think I didn't really get into with hits was the ping/zing/splurge (? :) ) sounds that were a bit "this is here so you know bullets have hit near you" type of sounds. So maybe check those addons out for some inspiration I guess.

I think for me (and of course this is only my view) the hit sounds near you into the ground and earth are the ones I think are a bit clunky, they sound more like something metal/hard being thwacked when in some cases your just on open soil areas.

I like the idea of realising bullets are coming in from not so bold impacts which I find even more worrying than hearing a barrage of smacks & shingz and clangs :)

Edited by mrcash2009

Well, I don't know how a real bullethit sounds like, never was so close on something like that :D Maybe theres an expert around here, to tell us, how they really sounds like.

But I keep looking for some interesting stuff. Thanks cash.

Jarhead

Yah, I think your right. Guess I just mixing something together, more bass on hit and get rid of the zing/zang stuff.

Jarhead

LordJarhead, how you look at it to replace standard sounds wounded by anything any?

Because default sounds very much sick...