What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

I understand your looking for a decent A-10 Flyby/Gun noise...perhaps this could help?

|
Edited by kill4eva
another video for suggestions

I understand your looking for a decent A-10 Flyby/Gun noise...perhaps this could help?

Nice short bursts there, ACE team pay attention. ;)

only the person who has heard the A10 firing in real life (ofcourse I didnt) can tell how it sounds for real, those little recording cameras... NOT

The new A-10 sound in JSRS sounds good.

Thanks guys.

So, I had some testing in the last few hours and have to say, its running ... ok. After some more testing I might have to reduce the volume and bass of the distance effects to provide an audio colapse. Also I have to say, that we unfortunately have to place a vehicle on the map to get the distance script to run...

So, considering the fact that we have a slight performance penalty, when many shots are fired (about 30+ Soldier at once shooting) and that we are forced to put some Vehicle on the map, I have no other choice than provide two sets of configs! Some have settings such as they now have in 1.33 and working without the distance script. The others are set at close range, so that from a certain distance, the script takes over for distancesounds.

So I have to ask you, what would you do? As you know, you can test the Distancescript while using OS's Blastcore Soundmod.

Jarhead

Is it possible to have a script that automatically spawns an invisible vehicle on mission start?

And if not, how many missions do you know that don't have a single vehicle in them?

only the person who has heard the A10 firing in real life (ofcourse I didnt) can tell how it sounds for real, those little recording cameras... NOT

The new A-10 sound in JSRS sounds good.

To understand what you're saying is...someone who has experienced the sound of an A-10 in person would better describe its sound by words than by actual recordings/video?

No, he means we have to find an A-10 pilot who can accurately mimic the sound by pursing his lips and going "pewpewpewpewpew!"

No, he means we have to find an A-10 pilot who can accurately mimic the sound by pursing his lips and going "pewpewpewpewpew!"

LoL :D

Could use the nyan nyan cat :)

Is it possible to have a script that automatically spawns an invisible vehicle on mission start?

And if not, how many missions do you know that don't have a single vehicle in them?

Yah, exactly my thoughts. I asked OS without any respond some months ago, maybe there is a way. But as you said, I never played a mission, SOM or Campaign where no vehicle isn't present.

Ha ha, best one mate :p

;2011192']LoL :D

Could use the nyan nyan cat :)

Jesus' date=' not again! NOT AGAIN! Last time I end up with 2500 seconds and an empty bottle of whiskey :D

I didn't even realize you were building a version 1.4 of this, the videos look very promising. Is the beta version going to be public?

No, my betatester over at Brigade2010 will test the whole mod. After this it should be fine for a release.

Jarhead

Nyan Nyan for 70 seconds, couldn´t handle it any longer

1980 seconds and I accidentally navigated away from it.

I have another source :cool:

sJhizoRIXwg

Thanks for all you vids (which are really.... funny sometimes :-/ )

I know you just want to help me (well, sometimes) and I really appreciat this (well, sometimes^^).

So today, 8am I did a SOM again (couldn't sleep, the farmer put some animal-shit on his meadow right in front of my open window and it smeels like dead animals) and I really happy about the stuff I made yesterday. I reworked my distance effects and its just sounds lovely. I like it so far, so we are getting closer to the betatest.

Just wanted to inform you about that.

Thanks again mates,

Jarhead

PS: Oh and please take a look on my new interview on Arma2Base.de with the master McLupo, thanks alot mate ;)

V.I.P. Lounge:TechTalk with Jarhead/J.S.R.S. rework

Thanks guys!

Edited by LordJarhead

To understand what you're saying is...someone who has experienced the sound of an A-10 in person would better describe its sound by words than by actual recordings/video?

not sure if this is a joke or both of you are stupid... sry :confused:

EDIT: no, ok, sry. What I mean is, those sounds recorded with a camcorder is far from being the same as the real sound, so, the person who has heard the real think is the only that can tell if that sound (recorded) sounds like the real one. For example, I know how a 9mm pistol sounds in real life, and then, watching a video of somebody shooting a 9mm pistol it doesnt sound the same... anyway...

Edited by SpetS15

Well, I have my Gau sounds, who's dont like it, you can delete it anytime ;)

Jarhead

Jesus, not again! NOT AGAIN! Last time I end up with 2500 seconds and an empty bottle of whiskey :D

Jarhead

Nyan Nyan for 70 seconds, couldn´t handle it any longer

Your both pu$$ie$, first time I found that site I was determined, I kept on pressing the turn down sound button in top left until it hit disco time.... I was bouncing off the walls, singing along to it :D

http://armaholic.com/viper/CWW/VipRecord.jpg

I managed to get that screenshot just before I passed out :p

__

From what I've heard the GAU sounds great already with 1.33 no need to change that, unless your adding the distanceSounds thing...

So today, 8am I did a SOM again (couldn't sleep, the farmer put some animal-shit on his meadow right in front of my open window and it smeels like dead animals) and I really happy about the stuff I made yesterday. I reworked my distance effects and its just sounds lovely. I like it so far, so we are getting closer to the betatest.

Nothing like animal shit to keep you awake, that's some potent shit, pun intended!

Keep it up mate.

;2011417']Your both pu$$ie$' date=' first time I found that site I was determined, I kept on pressing the turn down sound button in top left until it hit disco time.... I was bouncing off the walls, singing along to it :D

[url']http://armaholic.com/viper/CWW/VipRecord.jpg[/url]

I managed to get that screenshot just before I passed out :p

__

From what I've heard the GAU sounds great already with 1.33 no need to change that, unless your adding the distanceSounds thing...

Nothing like animal shit to keep you awake, that's some potent shit, pun intended!

Keep it up mate.

Ha ha, you're crazy mate^^ But I guess you know that already...

Yah, at first I thought, my pillow smells like that, and I really thought about full 5 minutes why it does that. Ha ha ha. I tried to close the window, but the "aroma" was already inside^^

Jarhead

So, here are the AGS, RPG and the AS VAL. They are more realistic now. The RPG is a bit quiet but this can easily be fixed. They all based on real footage, and I have to thanks alien_v at this part.

J.S.R.S. AGS, RPG, ALVAL

wCRhucczRmc

Feedback as usual please ;)^^

Jarhea

RPG launch sounds quite weird to me, but that just might only be me.

AGS and ASVAL are great!

RPG launch sounds quite weird to me, but that just might only be me.

No, its me too. I was thinking the same thing as I heard it the first time. Never thought it sounds like that, well, maybe the game let it sounds different.

Take a look on this videos ;)

Jarhead

RPG7 - 1

i Agree, sound is real! but All sounds for RPG must been increased

RPG-7

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

AK-47 + Silencer

Thanks Guid, I look through them and see if I can improve my rpg, but I wont work further on my AGS as it is fine I guess and I loce it already, just like the VAL.

Jarhead

Thanks Guid, I look through them and see if I can improve my rpg, but I wont work further on my AGS as it is fine I guess and I loce it already, just like the VAL.

Jarhead

Yes AGS great, and Val to, but try decrease on half VAL fire sound, its a silenced weapon ;), so high spit sound :)