What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

LJ go on with your work Arma 2 without your mod is not playable for me.

U are the best and Im almost about to create a fanpage for you , almost ;).

He he, thanks mate ;)

;2007813']Very nice A10 vid just uploaded LJ' date=' has some slight wind in it, but apart from that you can hear that whine :D[/quote']

Well, thats hard mate. Ouch, thats really hard to make such a sound ingame... this whine is so popular but still undiscovered, there are not much good sources...

So I guess this should be enough at first:

J.S.R.S. 1.4 A10

Ekp9Yu_wcMQ

Some feedback please...

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Sounds much better, but I'm not sure it 's quite there yet, maybe I dont know, does it sound much different when closer? That said the GAU sounds terrifying now :D

This is the

I was referring to.

EDIT:

Actually after listening to it for the 2nd/3rd time I can hear a nice little whistle/whine, is it possible for you to make a 3rd person / closer video at all?

Just to be sure: You mean the whine/whistle noise exactly at ß:36 sec in your video, right?

Jarhead

PS: Yah I could do a video, but I don't know, the sounds woudldn't change much, my focus was on making it sounds like a real A10 flying far away over your head, not close by...

Yeah sort of like that, though the whine is more prominent when the plane is flying away from you.

Yah ok, just wanted to be sure we talking about the same noise. Well there is no good sources of these noises mate... I could make them louder, but that would "destroy" the sound... because these noise is so rar I only have some few bits of it.. so they sounds totally loop'y then...

Just keep looking mate. If you find the perfect on, no worries, post it, I make you the best A10 I can do for you!

EDIT: Going to check pure's Vid ...

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

are we talking about
? :p you can edit 2 mins of it from the first video

[du lässt mich hier gerade wie einen idioten aussehen, ist dir kla, ne? :D] Yah, thats good.. I gues I can work a bit with that one....

Jarhead

Im trying to get jsrs modd through SU. I found jsrs-e,v,vw, and e. So i just downloaded all of them. Before the game launches it says jsrs requires CAAIR. somthing like that.

I dont have arma2CO but i was wondering if someone knows how to run it without CO and what CAAIR is. thanks

He he, thanks mate ;)

Well, thats hard mate. Ouch, thats really hard to make such a sound ingame... this whine is so popular but still undiscovered, there are not much good sources...

Some feedback please...

Jarhead

If you wish make better air sounds launch Lock On! this game have real Airplanes Sounds!!!

I thinks, A-10 sound is not fully correct? just look Lock On

Thanks, going to take a look on it..

So guys, here is my Land Rover as well.

J.S.R.S. 1.4 LandRover

dobRxLJEjOg

Hope you like it. I had some sources of an old 110TDi 200 which really sounds like that. No big V8 sounds or stuff like that...

Some feedback please...

Jarhead

are we talking about
? :p you can edit 2 mins of it from the first video

First one is an awesome sounding vid, shame its not HD... last one I've never really thought about linking that one, its viral and I forgot it, :o

---------- Post added at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

If you wish make better air sounds launch Lock On! this game have real Airplanes Sounds!!!

I thinks, A-10 sound is not fully correct? just look Lock On

He cant steal sounds from another game you moron :p

Hi Jarhead,

Man those new vids are very impressive indeed :yay:.

Am I right in noting that the bullet cracks are now in stereo? That adds far more to the immersion for sure.

The only thing that I would mention (but its modular and personal taste so no real need to listen to my ramblings) is the incoming rounds sounds, ive never rated them, always too clunky/chunky sounds, you have such realism and slick sounds for distance and cracks, wondered if you might touch on the impacts/incoming hit sounds a little? More subtle ping and zip, with earth ground hit than crash smash ... but waaaaay back in this thread I mention that so I just repeat, again its modular so no biggy.

Apart from that the rest and new examples im into in a big way, cant wait for release.

I love the high pitch sounds man, that's exactly what I was thinking!!! great work!! maybe I can help you some too... if you wanted... but anyways my skype is xxsaboteurxx and my msn messenger is Zplea@hotmail.com

Just a quick offtopic question to Jarhead or someone else who can answer.. What is that addon which gives you the command menu in middle of screen (Landrover vid, 0:48)?

Cheers,

-Cabby

Hi Jarhead :),

the Landrover has a "Diesel-Engine" and what i hear sounds like a "Diesel"!

And the engine idle sounds very real!

The indoor sound impressed me as well, i can hear how the suspension works...!

Awesome....!!

Thanks for the new impressions, good job as ever!

Sincerly

McLupo

Hope you like it. I had some sources of an old 110TDi 200 which really sounds like that. No big V8 sounds or stuff like that...

Some feedback please...

[Jarhead

Hi LJ!

That rover sounds fantastic, very real! although IMHO:o the inside sounds still somewhat ''muffled'' but i never drove this one so don't stone sentence me on thatone :D

As of V8 afaik these were never made in V8 version so no worries about that:D

good stuff so far!

oh hey let as/me know if you need some sound source/video for some weapon or vehicle cuz no need to post videos that you might already seen ;)

Great progress LJ. :)

@Bee8190: Engines should be "muffled" when inside. Cars usually built that way or you would go nuts. Of course military vehicles usually has more noise inside, but i think LJ's landrover sounds great in and out.

Thanks for the video updates, Jarhead, your soundmod just keeps getting better and better! Looking forward to the release whenever it's ready...*drool* :D

Here is my new AH64 sound

J.S.R.S. 1.4 AH64

gZVhZ7NhEn8

Thanks to Ei8ght!

Hope you like it, and you know about the feedback I guess , he he.

Jarhead