What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

I love this addon - really well done, Lord Jarhead. Thank you for all your work.

The only thing I'd suggest changing is the general volume level - some weapons seem very quiet as compared to others. I noticed that I keep having to change the speaker volumes, depending on what mission I play.

Don't know why people complain about M4s, I played around with them and they sound great - fat and lush.

Don't know why people complain about M4s, I played around with them and they sound great - fat and lush.

agree M4 sounds perfect to me!

Well Mates, I wonna tell you what:

This Mod... ok, I called it "authentic" and so on. But this mod is just a "reflection" of what I think, how the weapons would sound in RL... if you OF CORZE 20m away! Think: Would I make really good first person sounds, everyone would shoot with first person sounds and it would sound a bit strange... the more important part "FOR ME" is the surounding, what happening around you while in a fight. The wind around, the noises of the others movement, than suddenly, tatatata, soniccracks, going down, just focus on finding cover somewhere... and than, I can ... "maybe" trying to shoot something :D So I made more "distant" sounds...

Well, these DLC's just to cover some more tastes. Just want to make it everybody right ;) So, I will let the M4 like it is, I like this sound really much. The M16 are fine such as the AK74 and AK74/M. The PKM is awesome and the RPK needs to reworked alot. The G36 is a bit too weak, needs more power behind the shoots... M14/DMR is fine, I like it. Such as MK48 and M240, the M249 I trying to rework a bit. M240 maybe too. I don't want to cover all weapons in this DLC. Just the main guns of all the Armytypes, like AK and M-family. G36 and FNFal too. But no Vehicle weapons or other stuff.

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

PS: What you mean with that, ray243? There are soniccracks if you mean that! The Bullet-by's I used for some distand sounds and cracks too.

Edited by LordJarhead

Is there any bullet wizz and snap for this mod?

If you don't hear them it is probably because they have already blown out your ear drums.

Yeah, I meant that. Thanks for the reply! Also, 1 last question, does the m4 have a powerful sound like in Chammy sound mod?

Well, that depends on what DLC you use. On J.S.R.S. RC its just.... well... don't know^^ Take a look on all the Video on Frontpage to get impression of it. Its nice in JSRS RC, but in WoodyClear DLC its a bit better, I don't know Chammys SM, never tried it out...

Jarhead

Yeah, I meant that. Thanks for the reply! Also, 1 last question, does the m4 have a powerful sound like in Chammy sound mod?

Better.

I remember when I first installed CSM2 I was like - oh this is a must, will never return to vanilla sounds again thankfully.

When I installed JSRS I just fired up the editor, started running around, randomly firing and basking in lush sounds. Can't stop till now. It's that good.

CSM2 does have a certain edge over JSRS though. It has more natural environmental sounds on woodland terrains.

Jar,

Just tried the latest stuff and have to say brilliant job. In fact, I think the m4 and m16 sounds improved even more. I really like the m249 and m240 as well! Great job mate. Also for a side note, hope you and yours have a happy and healthy New Year. :)

Side Note: speaking of sonic cracks, I was wondering also about bullet whizzes? It's hard to type out a sound, but it's not a crack--which I already know you have. It's more of the "pew!" sound, I guess, or sound of air passing in a "oh crap, I came THIS close getting hit!" moment. :p I don't know, kind of hard trying to explain I guess. Hehe. Anyways, great job again! :)

[edit] Just also wanted to say, if you change sounds, please keep the coax sound. It's one of the best sounding I've heard from a sound mod yet! Makes me giggle like a happy little girl every time I hear it. :D

Side Note: speaking of sonic cracks, I was wondering also about bullet whizzes? It's hard to type out a sound, but it's not a crack--which I already know you have. It's more of the "pew!" sound, I guess, or sound of air passing in a "oh crap, I came THIS close getting hit!" moment. :p I don't know, kind of hard trying to explain I guess. Hehe. Anyways, great job again! :)

I have heard some stuff like that. Only really appropriate from a bullet traveling below the speed of sound, or one that has started wobbling or tumbling from collision with some object. Otherwise it would just be drowned out by the crack.

And by the way, Jarhead, did you add in all those placeholder sounds in one of the patches? If so, you missed the SPG-9. Worst sound in all creation.

DMR, AS50 and M107 sounds like from BFBC2

If I'm Right it is taken from Type 88 Sniper and M95.

How are the patches to be applied? Added to the command line or pbo's copied into the addons folder.

;1823817']How are the patches to be applied? Added to the command line or pbo's copied into the addons folder.

Just overwrite

So i have tested now the new J.S.R.S. ACCN beta. Its nice and i realy like the M4 sound ;)

I would like a DLC with a bit metallic gun sound. For example if you shoot a automatic or half automatic weapon in RL you can hear the bolt assembly repeating mechanism. Also This mechanism sound + the current sounds would be an interesting thing.

So i have tested now the new J.S.R.S. ACCN beta. Its nice and i realy like the M4 sound ;)

I would like a DLC with a bit metallic gun sound. For example if you shoot a automatic or half automatic weapon in RL you can hear the bolt assembly repeating mechanism. Also This mechanism sound + the current sounds would be an interesting thing.

Hmm... yah, sounds interesting indeed. Well, I think about that... maybe an later DLC or .... something like that, or I rework some of the ACCN... we'll see..

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

It's only an idea i think the new M4 sound have allready abit from this effect.

Hey Jarhead, I hate to nag, but do you still plan to release your HK417 sound? I really enjoyed the test video you put up awhile back :)

argh.... I almost forget... yah... I should make this by some time. But I using the same sounds, because of the same weapon^^

Thanks animal, no worries Mate!

Jarhead

So, I wish you all a happy and healthy new Year ;)

See ya next year :)

Jarhead

Hey LJ,

First of all a happy new year!

now a little something: when a c-130 flies by I hear the sound of a jet flying.

Happy New Year Jarhead!

I've finally stopped mixing and matching and just use your sounds exclusively now. Everything you've released has just sounded better and better. How you keep making this mod better is beyond me... Keep it up.

The way it sounds on a 7.1 home theater system is amazing, but as a favor to my neighbors I just bought a G930 headset. I haven't turned my stereo on since. It sounds just about as good with headphones... just without the explosions shaking shit off my walls.

Thanks!

I still have to play vanilla every now and then... I don't ever want to take this, or a few other addons, for granted.

Happy new jear to all of this great community! 4 all your support an thinkings to make arma the game it really is!

Especially for you LJ - Guys like u help to give arma its full potential and immersive feeling.

never before a game gave me the chickenskin (like we say in german) when i run through a battlefield, but with your mod i have to fear the death at every second.

finally my sub got some work to do when i play arma all day ^^

your "AC" is on a good way to increase the level of immersion to a never reached level, and i am awaiting your new masterpeice with pleasure ;)

please keep on the great work and all the best for 2011

greetings from FFM -.-

Licher888