What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

So, for all other members who not saw that video:

g2c8weIcJK4?hd=1

I have to thank you all. I know you cant wait for this. And I'm not completely innocent on that. All these Videos, of course you want to kill me to get this stuff.

First, I wanted to release it on september... I wanted to get this stuff out before ACSE... but because of the fact, theres nothing to hear from these guys... I thought I could work further on that stuff. Think of that: I would've released JSRS in September. So raw and unfinished. So totally without approach of perfection. Although JSRS now also is far away from perfection. It would not great. And, after the release I may had nothing to do really. I thoughed ACSE would come so I could work with that on a new soundmod.

Also, my second apologize: I really like to work on videos, make videos and trailers. So thatswhy, to do my second hobby, I have to make trailers and so. And what the hell would be better, than support my famous hobby with my second hobby :o Sounds crazy somehow...

Well, at least you just have to be patiant... at least, you dont have to watch these videos my friends ;) Its like a ultra hot stipper in the club... but you're not allowed to touch her... BUT DAMN SHE's SO AWESOME HOT MATES! hehehehe....

Jarhead

Been watching the progress so far but haven't posted, I'm guessing the same reason why the ACSE guys haven't released yet is the same as mine, so maaaaaaaany new games have to be played. :p

You've come far LJ, this is a achievement you can definitely be proud of and if bis do not learn from this or better hire you, then ArmA III will definitely need your attention!

The welcome to shapur vid, was I hearing trigger pull sounds each time you fired? If so, that's awesome man, I haven't played arma for a long while now, I will only start playing it again once I have all your 1.4 files on my ssd, keep it up mate, you've out done yourself on this one, well let's hope not eh. ;)

In that Shapur video, at 0:30 , the impact sounds , the high trebled sound, are pretty loud compared to the gunsound itself, the rest sounds pretty good..

In that Shapur video, at 0:30 , the impact sounds , the high trebled sound, are pretty loud compared to the gunsound itself, the rest sounds pretty good..

Sounds at 0:30 were sonic snaps, not impact sounds. I'm not a big fan of the heavy echo at the end of them, but I like that they're loud when they're that close.

I'm not sure what are you talking about exactly, but I think you means the soniccracks from that M2... these are really loud, yes. Because he was shooting directly at me. So I guess its ok.

Jarhead

Sounds at 0:30 were sonic snaps, not impact sounds. I'm not a big fan of the heavy echo at the end of them, but I like that they're loud when they're that close.

yea sonic snaps, a bit too loud for my taste, but i haven't been in a real gunfight so i can't tell :o

I'm not sure what are you talking about exactly, but I think you means the soniccracks from that M2... these are really loud, yes. Because he was shooting directly at me. So I guess its ok.

Jarhead

Ah, I suppose the M2 deserves something thunderous like that.

You might fire your weapon a thousand times, but it's not every day that a 12.7mm round goes right past your head. It should be a special event, audibly speaking.

Yah, I talked about that cracks alot here in this forum and also to some real soldiers. Some of them had shattered eardrums or hearing loss just because of some AK rounds passed theire heads...

Well, at least there are only few or no soldiers at all, not wearing earplugs^^

Jarhead

After some testing today, we had some updating base classes in conflict with WarFX Blastcore RC1.2. Its just the F35B... if I start JSRS without blastcore its gone. So no big deal.

But I also have the class AKS_Base in conflict with Hotfix1.54. So I guess they changed the base class again. So I may fix that with that entry: class AKS_BASE: AK_BASE {

Because I just had AKS_BASE;... we'll see.

Jarhead

Blastcore is causing the F-35B problem on its own. It's not a conflict. :)

It's just using a weird inheritance.

Blastcore is causing the F-35B problem on its own. It's not a conflict. :)

It's just using a weird inheritance.

Yah as mentioned, without blastcore - no errors. Well, no F35 errors I mean. The AKS seems to be updated via Arma 2 Hotfix1.54.

Thanks for info mate ;)

Jarhead

PM me your config if you want, I'll take a look at it.

On the way ;)

Jarhead

hey jarhead,

i really love your Mod, its just AWESOME! ^^

i'am very exited onto 1.4 :D

Did you also remake the Dillon M134 sound? I hate the Vanilla one -.- xD

edit: i searched a little in Youtube. I found this video ->

Its very clear. no, or very less background noises, maybe you can use that ;D

Edited by B1n4ry

hey jarhead,

i really love your Mod, its just AWESOME! ^^

i'am very exited onto 1.4 :D

Did you also remake the Dillon M134 sound? I hate the Vanilla one -.- xD

edit: i searched a little in Youtube. I found this video ->

Its very clear. no, or very less background noises, maybe you can use that ;D

I would like to know how it sounds if you stand in front of it, not behind...

I would like to know how it sounds if you stand in front of it, not behind...

I think I found a video of that..not sure tough what weapon it was.

It says here the release date is December 2011. It's December! :)

Yes, and December has 31 days!

Jarhead