Stagler

Stagler's single player missions

On Jack of Clubs, was it your intent to have SD mags in non-SD weapons? It really throws off the zero on the Aimpoint.

Sorry funked i didnt know it made any difference. Ill change that now.

Update: Mission updated to version 1.1. Jack of Clubs

v1.1

- Added normal STANAG mags to the Tier One Operator team.

Edited by colonel stagler

Whoa, that was fast. :)

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

BTW I think I know what is going on. OA is actually maintaining the 300m zero with the SD rounds, so it fires them on a higher trajectory than the standard rounds. This is fine at 300m but at CQB ranges it means the rounds impact high, which is what I was noticing. Thanks for the quick fix.

"No Peace To Keep" is definately my kind of mission ... no arsing about with complicated weapon selection, just get in the Land Rover and f.o.

After getting my section slaughtered a couple of times I finally got what I think was a clue? ... after that my lads did good, and I even got the last little bleeder myself, which was satisfiying.:)

Would play it again as well, which is the highest compliment I can give.

My only observation would be that, depending on the angle of approach, I'd have to drive thro' a checkpoint barrier or two to get where I was going.

All in all, excellent stuff, and my compliments to the voice actors!

Edited by cleggy

Pretty Ninja

v1.0

Made with Arma 2 Combined operations v1.57.76815

Required Addons: BB Desert USMC

PrettyNinjaPreview.jpg

Description:

Operation Arrowhead has been successful so far. Following yesterdays air assault, USMC forces seized most of their designated objectives in northern central Takistan. The USMC force, TF Reaper, advanced north and reached the vicinity of Zavarak green zone, one of the last strongpoints for fleeing Takistani insurgents. It is vital that TF Reaper seizes the area around Zavarak to allow passage of battalion elements to reinforce the attack on Rasman airfield.

Features:

• Single player mission
  • Play as a commander of a USMC task force during the invasion of Takistan
  • High command combat with a small force (A reinforced rifle squad)
  • Fully voiced
  • Custom loading screen
  • This is a rehash of the BIS mission "Village Sweep" from ARMA 2 with slightly increased difficulty, uses Desert USMC units, and is in Takistan
  • Uses BIS High Command Module

Download link in first post. Thrice damned picture limit.

Pretty ninja:

- replace the shotgun on a member of player's team with something less useless on Takistan

- I had 2 A-10s flying after I called in CAS

- when my fireteam member got killed I got the option to fly in the replacement for the dead guy... isn't it too easy?

metalcraze:

-the A10s? what about them. standard cas call with SOM is two A10s. If they are still flying around after the bombs have been dropped thats a problem with the SOM module not the mission. The mission uses SOM for the cas call, no other scripts.

- the shotgun guy is there because as the description says. This is a port of the BIS mission "Village Sweep". I didnt change the composition of the fireteams. This is a high command mission, so you are not meant to bear the brunt of the fighting yourself. You have three other squads, a cobra, a LAV and an AAV.

- the fireteam members getting killed and being replaced by SOM reinforcement, that I will fix, I forgot that was still in the SOM init.

- I actually did increase the difficulty from the default mission. I added two more squads of enemies, two armed technicals on a 50% chance, and a few MANPADS soldiers.

Awesome. Just played through "No Peace to Keep". Was amazing fun. Gonna DL your other ones. Will wait till Campaigns fully voiced I reckon before giving it a go. Keep up the awesome work! :D

glad you enjoyed it man. Campaign is on hold at the moment, I have the thesis to write for my degree so im afraid its only little projects until that is done.

Pretty Ninja is one of the best missions ever...little easy but really good!Thanks...Can you make another one like that?That felling!

Big thanks!

Red Eviction

v1.0

Made with Arma 2 Combined operations v1.59

Required Addons: BAF

RedEvictionPromo.jpg

Description:

The local ethnic factions within Chernarus have once again have resorted to guerilla action against each other. The communists have been enacting killings upon villages known to harbour nationalist forces or simply have been connected with nationalists in the past. In order to maintain peace within Chernarus, the peacekeeping forces of the UK within the country are being forced to act militarily against these guerilla factions. Paramilitary forces have been spotted by local defence force reconnaisance units entering Gvozdno and a British quick reaction force has been assembled to retake the village before bad weather grounds aircover.

Features:

• Single player mission
  • Play as a rifleman in a British section, AI leads the squad.
  • Combined arms assault on the village of Gvozdno
  • Fully voiced - Thanks Archamedes.
  • Custom loading screen
  • Uses NIM weather scripts
  • Uses BIS first aid modules

Mediafire Download Link

Just played Red Eviction, good voice acting, this was very well put together. Good fun! Thanks!

Just finished Red Eviction and Strike in the Rain. I have a feeling that you are an OFP veteran... :) really liked the fast action and immersive gameplay.

thank you very much for these missions, keep them coming! :)

Black Box

v1.0

Made with Arma 2 Combined operations v1.59.79384

Required Addons: BAF + PMC

BlackBoxPreview.jpg

Description:

A US Army CH47 has gone down over Shapur during the night. The cargo itself, under licsenced ownership by ION incorporated, cannot be left unaccounted for. Due to the hostile nature of the locals in Shapur, we cannot recover the cargo. Its up to Shield team to locate the downed helicopter and recover its flight recorder before insurgents find the crash site. Then call in air support to destroy the wreck.

Features:

• Single player mission
  • Play as a leader of a PMC expeditionary team
  • Squad sized high tempo urban combat where civilian casualties are unacceptable
  • Fully voiced
  • Custom loading screen and cutscenes
  • Helicopter location and enemy numbers randomised to allow a degree of replayability
  • Uses BIS First aid and ALICE modules

Download link in first post. Again, thrice damn the picture limit.

I just gave a try to Black Box mission and here's what came to mind:

I have no idea what kind of ambitions colonel stagler has, but intro could be a bit longer or get more explanation of the story into account. The actual mission played well - one things I didn't like was a locked SUV and no choice of weapons in briefing, because my teammates weren't allowed to take any ammo or weapons from vehicle, only I took a sniper rifle and a rocket launcher. To be honest, I can't tell much about the dynamic of this, have played only once and it was quite a good fun though. Outro was a bit of a mess - jet didn't hit that wrecked Chinook and flew away. Maybe I just got unlucky.

I've got some ideas and probably know how to implement them into gameplay of BB. col. stagler, if you're interested in expanding your mission without loosing it's originality or whatever it should be called, contact me through PM.

I just gave a try to Black Box mission and here's what came to mind:

I have no idea what kind of ambitions colonel stagler has, but intro could be a bit longer or get more explanation of the story into account. The actual mission played well - one things I didn't like was a locked SUV and no choice of weapons in briefing, because my teammates weren't allowed to take any ammo or weapons from vehicle, only I took a sniper rifle and a rocket launcher. To be honest, I can't tell much about the dynamic of this, have played only once and it was quite a good fun though. Outro was a bit of a mess - jet didn't hit that wrecked Chinook and flew away. Maybe I just got unlucky.

I've got some ideas and probably know how to implement them into gameplay of BB. col. stagler, if you're interested in expanding your mission without loosing it's originality or whatever it should be called, contact me through PM.

Read the briefing.

Teammates - Gear at vehicle command, F1-4, 6, Gear.

Im sorry to hear about the jet missing the target, must of just got unlucky or been using ACE. The Jet doesnt target the CH47, it is a trigger that spawns a bomb on the helicopter when the jet passes over the top.

Ill see if i can replicate the problems but it works fine when I run the outro and intro.

Yeah with ACE during the intro takiban soldier put his stinger on the back and took out AK as he watched Chinook passing by.

I assume that the mission itself though has no problems?

Thanks for the mission Stagler, gave it a try yesterday.

I don't use ACE. The only mod I use is JSRS sound mod.

At the intro the AA gunner fired, but seems like he was late in doing so (he wasn't in the frame). The missile went in a completely different direction than the chinook and didn't hit it.

The mission itself was way too easy. I just found a military offroad Jeep drove around until I found the Chinnok. I received some fire, but none that made me disembark and fight. I went back safely and completed the mission, after about 3 minutes, without firing a shot.

At the outro the plane didn't drop any bomb.

I hope this helps.

This reminds me that I still need to try your addons missions...

Edited by Variable

You could make "Black Box" more challenging for example:

+ lock all the cars/trucks

+ add one or two small patrol groups into urban area

+ let the player find the device (backpack) + destroy the CH47 with any weapons he or his team has (delay air support because of more important CAS mission = sidechat from HQ )

+ add insurgent group with technicals/tank at exfil (they should party hard around their new SUV)

+ let the player walk/run to new exfil (swearing about anyone + anything...)

+ show in outro a UAV flying in high altitude + destroying SUV

Randomize the place of CH47, OPFOR and weather much more or give the player some options to play the mission in different ways. :)