Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

fox's small projects

Yeah I think it will look ALOT better once you make it look like cloth. Not painted on.

this is too thin!?!? duno.. but the cloth thing' date=' i can do that, been meaning to do that for a bit but been busy with everything below the head :)

[url']http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsxHEvA[/url]

You are doing a nice job on the Vest/pouches, The units are going to look even better when you put the ACU helmet cover on the helmets :)

Edited by Rellikki

well shiete cause i just re-uvmapped it. If i have time ill just make a new one or get my friend to bake a nice new one,.. we'll see..

xXGIr.jpg

damn white lines , ought to fix that tomorrow

Cloth look comes from a plethora of factors, normal mapping is a majority of it, the _co texture is part of it as well for the outlines etc.

The rounds are still exposed on the top of the mag under the magpul, and the stitching looks too big on the arm pocket and those 40mm pouches, also is that MOLLE on front of the shingles? if it is it looks abit thin. Also if that helmet has a cover on it, that screw can go, as it would be covered.

Few thing's I mentioned can be seen in thise pic;

http://www.army.mil/-images/2009/08/22/48790/army.mil-48790-2009-08-22-070846.jpg

ok , will fix . I am in the process of redoing all of the pouches etc (replacing johnny's aging pouches ) and mags so I'm not going to touch any of those.

thanks once again , bink & sabre

Fox are you aware that you are a genious when it comes to making units?

thanks , but i'm not really a genius

a fast learner , maybe.. every day I find a way to do something more efficient , better quality or just nicer , and the longer i keep at it the better my stuff looks.

this was me earlier this year

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9907/arma22010050616393597.png

and now.. (texture, although imo it looks better than ^ just by the looks of it :p)

http://www.multiupload.com/QDNO05QFBC

...and i still have the ACE cfg message today.....

Edited by Fox '09

is it really needed to redo the pouches? the models them selves are just fine, its the textures that are aging, with the help of sabre (the texture god himself :P) johnny's pouches on my rangers look amazing, if you want examples i can get close ups, but making all new models where you dont NEED all new models seems like a unneeded waste of time.

just my 2c anyway.

they are well done , however, i think creases, folds, etc, could be a bit more distinct on the normals , textures etc, and the pouches could be more rounded rather than how they are right now (boxy imo) I could probably manage this with his models but....

plus there is a bit more satisfaction for me in making your own stuff than using someone elses work. I learn stuff in the process too, which is a big part of me making original models.

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

95% of your issues are textures. Tbh.

well that's good news i suppose :) better than having to redo entire models, right?

I do show my work early though , I usually do a lot more tweaking but I post my work anyway to get feedback and to get pointed in the right direction

Lookin' goooOOOOOOood. Your units are looking bettern and better!

Still dying for your mc models FOX!

He's made some US army reskins in MC can't you live with those until he finishes this?

He's made some US army reskins in MC can't you live with those until he finishes this?

yeah I've been using them, just saying I'm excited about them that's all.

Besides this is a thread to showcase both, I wasn't even talking to you Enad.

I cant quite tell, but it looks to me that you have those magpul "mag pulls" on the top of the mags where the bullets come out. I dunno if I am seeing it correctly, or if anyone has pointed this out, but those go on the bottom of the mags and then the mags go upside down into the pouches... putting them over the bullets kinda completely kills the whole point of using those to get your mags out faster because you would have to take them off to load into your rifle...

fyq8S.jpg

got the new pouches in w/ normal maps. going to make the utility pouch front less... flat...

edit:

woops , some pouches aren't in the right spot.

It looks like shiet...... I keed I keed.

Looks fantastic. I like it when you constantly keep us updated :) I just hope you keep working on them and not drop it when you have everyones hopes up.

Once again. They look awsome.

well great i just lost my psd for the new us army plate carrier.. hehe... :(

i plan to do some sf men for them , but still deciding what to do . anyone post some plate carriers up that us army sf would use these days