Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

It is a bloody good review though, had me chuckling.

No no, it's shamefull due to the writer and definite invalid and incorrect assumptions and comparisons. Despite the bad review, RR is a Huge success and many to everyone likes it.

In other news: has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Edited by Zipper5

How do you know its a big success?

Btw I havent played it, but the gameplay may be good in its own scope, its just fails hard against ArmA2.

You know it well that the only limitation is the hardware limitation of xbox360 and PS2/3. People expect to pay a only-time small & easy sum of $199, while at the same time expecting high quality entertainment.

I'll be playing Unreal Tournament 3 on my smartphone this year, while the rest bathe in the soup of low-resolution cadavers on their consoles, lest there is a call by developers for a next-gen machine - a Ubisoft rep actually said that they would like more flexibility, which the current situation does not provide.

For a game like Arma2 I don't think that limitation would be as heavy as you think. Operation Flashpoint: Elite for example, classic CWC along with Resistance, same maps but with better textures, 3D water and water effects, normal, specular and detail maps as well as other shaders. Somehow all of this managed to fit on a single Xbox disc and run just fine, it even included the map editor which sure had it's limits but there was no tethering, it was all freeroam, do what you want just like the PC version.

If that all could fit on an Xbox disc then I'm sure Arma2 could fit on a xbox360 disc, but that is a lot of time and money to invest.

Xbox was more powerful than the PC's the game was developed for. Xbox 360's Xenos graphics card is very similar technology and performance-wise to the Radeon X1950 GT. How many people do you know who happily play Arma 2 with a 5 years old hardware?

Notice that you can't leave a user review on Metacritic for the game until the US release. Part of CM's strategy in delaying the American release? They might have got away with a bunch of insipid 70% reviews if it wasn't for those pesky kids over at PC Gamer. CM certainly know how to invest their advertising bucks wisely.

It's impossible to tell what is and isn't trolling over at their forums, since the average age of users (and abilities in English) are so low.

Their forums seem to be much less ablaze with protest than they were with DR. General traffic also seems to be much lower though... maybe people have learned their lesson from DR and didn´t even bother with the game this time?

I won´t touch this, though, until they release a demo like last time. A friend of mine is interested in the game and will probably get it... he likes to play both good and bad games, bad games mostly to reassure why the good games are good. He´ll tell me how it actually is then. :V

Myself, I was almost interested when they released their first trailers, but then BI announced their Helo sim and I got back into IL2. Having seen the campaign footage, though, they´ve lost me. Not interested in this pretend marine bollocks.

Little bit of trivia, but do you figure it's deliberate that in PC Gamer's review of Black Ops' First Strike map pack today they gave it one score point more than they gave Red River? :p

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/04/22/black-ops-first-strike-review/

A slap in CM face maybe?:rolleyes:

Their forums seem to be much less ablaze with protest than they were with DR. General traffic also seems to be much lower though... maybe people have learned their lesson from DR and didn´t even bother with the game this time?

I won´t touch this, though, until they release a demo like last time. A friend of mine is interested in the game and will probably get it... he likes to play both good and bad games, bad games mostly to reassure why the good games are good. He´ll tell me how it actually is then. :V

Myself, I was almost interested when they released their first trailers, but then BI announced their Helo sim and I got back into IL2. Having seen the campaign footage, though, they´ve lost me. Not interested in this pretend marine bollocks.

Not quite, giving the fact that CM already tell people that they are dumbing it down for real this time in the early developing stage, I think the traffic have already been this low for quite sometime.

Edited by 4 IN 1

I got to play red river.

One of the things i noticed first is the game makes marines look like retards with guns talking out there ass all the time, even under fire :391:

then i noticed how sluggish the controls are, very hard to maneuver.

also the graphics have weired pop ins and pop outs of objects

some weapons are unrealistically inaccurate too

some pros are that you can choose what weapon,attachments and gear you want for that mission

you can also customize your fireteams loadout too

other than that i haven't played much so i will update you all :hmmm:

Edited by Zipper5

Much as people may hate the game..if you ah..acquire it that way I wouldn't recommend you say it directly.

Much as people may hate the game..if you ah..acquire it that way I wouldn't recommend you say it directly.

Indeed:

§3) Discussions about copy protection or copying, backing-up, hacking, cracking or reverse engineering of any of BI's products or the products of any other developer will not be tolerated and such discussions will be deleted immediately. Any breach of this rule may result in the poster no longer having access to the forum.

Just because it's not made by BIS doesn't make it right to state that you've pirated the game. Consider this your one and only warning.

Indeed:

Just because it's not made by BIS doesn't make it right to state that you've pirated the game. Consider this your one and only warning.

sorry, wont do it again, don't get me wrong i paid for the last OFP but i wasn't going to make that mistake again...but i got a treat for you all, its a recording of the opining scene for RR and after seeing it i wanted to slap them! its horrible, im uploading it to youtube and will post a link soon

Edited by wizbomb

Arggggg the game is so bad. Played it last night for about 10 minutes. It feels like a really bad Call of Duty esque game with some more "realistic" (if you can call it that) elements. The problem is nothing comes together at all. It just feels terrible to do everything in the game.

Squad Control is sooooo console that it's not even funny. Also the guns feel like airsoft rifles.

yea i know, and i hate how they portray our troops.....its just sad

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Okay people i have uploaded the opining scene from RR, it is the most disappointing thing I've ever seen lol!

here it is ------------------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaCBcJbrXGY

Who uses the word "fucktard" in reality and at such an ease of offense, or douchebag in place of "idiot".

Edited by NodUnit

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Okay people i have uploaded the opining scene from RR, it is the most disappointing thing I've ever seen lol!

Ughhh...., that intro..,

Seriously , either im too old for gaming or is that intro just plain.. well.... lame? reminds me of some cheesy american sitcom. Arnt you guys in the U.S insulted by this? are marines REALLY like that?.

Im so out of touch apparently.

Hard to say, Marines are still people and people are quite diverse. I hardly doubt there is a fair share of swearing going on especially in a combat zone but the way the sergeant insults the rest constantly makes me think they are stuck in the bootcamp stage rather than the 'brotherhood' if you will, not to mention excessive. But hey I guess this is what people want.

Every time I watch that intro I feel so dirty 15oyq28.jpg

Edited by NodUnit

If anyone else here has played it and can comment, what the hell is going on with the accuracy of weapons? Played it at my mates and it can take like 10-15 rounds with an M16 to hit something 100m away. So frustrating when the enemy are slap bang in the middle of your sights.

I'm not one to take much offence to swearing but the amount in RR is just plain stupid, I don't doubt that Marines swear but not every other word! I wanted to shoot the damn guy who wouldn't shut up (Knox or whatever his name is) far more than I wanted to shoot the terrorist/bad guy/Chinese people.

Ohh great, again.

First 15 minutes of the game in all its English glory...

lol PC Gamer gave it a 45. Oh man...

This is horrible, have they ever met a real marine? :butbut: