Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Lenton and the crew are already working on the next OFP Crappoint.

Maybe this one will have even less features than RR

A kid can dream.

Lenton and the crew are already working on the next OFP Crappoint.

Let's just hope the average-to-terrible reviews are hindering sales to the point that it is cancelled, and the OFP name can finally be laid to rest. :)

Let's just hope the average-to-terrible reviews are hindering sales to the point that it is cancelled, and the OFP name can finally be laid to rest. :)

Maybe Conmasters will coin a new name for their own franchise.

Operation Walkpoint:Racist McGee :p

I hope you don't mind me borrowing your avatar just for this occasion, Flash Thunder.

I hope you don't mind me borrowing your avatar just for this occasion, Flash Thunder.

Pufu Made the avatar so give him the credit. No problem.

delete message

Edited by ArmAriffic
posted in wrong place

If BI could.. develop a 'sim' for console and maybe Flashpoint would sell less.

Or any other company for that sake. Because It can't be possible to screw it up more than Sion Lenton and his thugs.

and the OFP name can finally be laid to rest. :)

Im picturing something here....

The evil codemasters red dragon has finally been slain by the gamers champion himself - sir BISalot, and peace finally reined over the Magic kingdom of Bohemia. (cue the arma2 rabbit running through the forests of Chenarus, ...then cue t72 stopping for said rabbit)

...And we all live happily ever after :confused:

:p

Edited by Katipo66

Perhaps BI can buy the brand name back for a hundred pounds when RR's revenue figures are in.

I acquired it too and i cant play it. The game throws me out in offlinemode with "Charly has left the game". I am disappoint :/

1 good thing: only 4 gb install, makes it fast to uninstall.

Edited by Mr. Charles

If BI could.. develop a 'sim' for console and maybe Flashpoint would sell less.

You know it well that the only limitation is the hardware limitation of xbox360 and PS2/3. People expect to pay a only-time small & easy sum of $199, while at the same time expecting high quality entertainment.

I'll be playing Unreal Tournament 3 on my smartphone this year, while the rest bathe in the soup of low-resolution cadavers on their consoles, lest there is a call by developers for a next-gen machine - a Ubisoft rep actually said that they would like more flexibility, which the current situation does not provide.

Heres 12 minutes of Maxed out PeeC footage

Its very Tacticool.

Dont know how to embed video FPDR

[youtube]O03cB8w5_yY[/youtube]

O03cB8w5_yY

Nothing they say in that video makes any sense.

"These fuckers are out there like Alabama ticks, god damn it- dug in and ready to bite!"

This is sort of a reference to country wisdom and to the movie Predator. The thing is that ticks dig in after they bite, and when Blain (Jesse Ventura) says, '...son of a bitch is dug in like an Alabama tick', he's commenting on an enemy position that's already known and is causing them problems. He's not talking about an unknown army out there, some where, dug in, ready to pounce. The metaphor just doesn't make sense. While maybe someone would misappropriate the saying in real life in an attempt to sound cool, I think in this case it's reflective of poor writing, as it unintentionally portrays the unit commander as an imbecile.

"this is [some callsign] 2-4, we are in orbit around your position."

This is coming from a couple of helicopters, seen directly by the player, who were clearly not in orbit around the position. They were hovering slowly over it.

This whole script seems like the marines equivalent of psychobabble. It's just random terms thrown around to make them sound credible, without any acknowledgement of the meaning of what they are saying.

Indeed, I would rather be spending my time on this:

p9-Mmm9mnCU

Phone is running a 1 GHz single core processor system on chip with GPU (Ardeno 205?) & 512 MB of ram AFAIR. Nostalgia - it kills ya. :cc:

Operation Crappoint, Operation Failpoint... why call it all of these names?

Operation Trashpoint has a nicer sound to it.

Indeed, I would rather be spending my time on this:

Phone is running a 1 GHz single core processor system on chip with GPU (Ardeno 205?) & 512 MB of ram AFAIR. Nostalgia - it kills ya. :cc:

That actually looks kind of fun, do they have Resident Evil 2 as well?

I suspect all of the Playstation 1 games will be fully playable on the upcoming dual-core SoC smartphones with the help of psx4all, psx4droid emulators.

Nothing they say in that video makes any sense.

"These fuckers are out there like Alabama ticks, god damn it- dug in and ready to bite!"

This is sort of a reference to country wisdom and to the movie Predator. The thing is that ticks dig in after they bite, and when Blain (Jesse Ventura) says, '...son of a bitch is dug in like an Alabama tick', he's commenting on an enemy position that's already known and is causing them problems. He's not talking about an unknown army out there, some where, dug in, ready to pounce. The metaphor just doesn't make sense. While maybe someone would misappropriate the saying in real life in an attempt to sound cool, I think in this case it's reflective of poor writing, as it unintentionally portrays the unit commander as an imbecile.

"this is [some callsign] 2-4, we are in orbit around your position."

This is coming from a couple of helicopters, seen directly by the player, who were clearly not in orbit around the position. They were hovering slowly over it.

This whole script seems like the marines equivalent of psychobabble. It's just random terms thrown around to make them sound credible, without any acknowledgement of the meaning of what they are saying.

Uhhh, footmobiles Oscar Mike interrogative over?

''Omg! U bunch of trolls out there bashing this game...this game is the best Of the year for this type of game: tactical shooter. I am so impressed with the intro, the story line, the graphics, the animations, the dialogue (omg this is one the funniest lines: " gonna kick your arse so hard google won't even find it")' for those who can't stand the language, get out of the kitchen if it's too hot for ya!

The devs have only done a fantastic job, they have set down a bench mark for this type genre, good luck to anyone else trying to copy it.

The downside for me is that the day is not long enough for me to play, I only get a window of at least 3 hrs here n there, so played it like crazy last night.

I can see myself playing the missions over and over because I enjoy watching my ai react to my orders, they r so fluid like, so clever. At one point I was shot down, one came to my rescue, but not only did he clear the enemies, then he fixed me but he also stopped fixing me at one stage to conrtinue to clear the enemies...it was a moment!

The vehicles r awesome, the vistas r crazyly awesome, anyone not getting this basing their decision on negative comments will b missing out on a great experience!''

Isn't that trolling..?

It's what the continuous stream of Grade Z shooters does to people when they play a Grade F one. :rolleyes:

Uhhh, footmobiles Oscar Mike interrogative over?

Negative.

Lay down suppressing fire with the uh... incinerators... and fall back by squads to the APC.

''Omg! U bunch of trolls out there bashing this game...this game is the best Of the year for this type of game: tactical shooter. I am so impressed with the intro, the story line, the graphics, the animations, the dialogue (omg this is one the funniest lines: " gonna kick your arse so hard google won't even find it")' for those who can't stand the language, get out of the kitchen if it's too hot for ya!

The devs have only done a fantastic job, they have set down a bench mark for this type genre, good luck to anyone else trying to copy it.

The downside for me is that the day is not long enough for me to play, I only get a window of at least 3 hrs here n there, so played it like crazy last night.

I can see myself playing the missions over and over because I enjoy watching my ai react to my orders, they r so fluid like, so clever. At one point I was shot down, one came to my rescue, but not only did he clear the enemies, then he fixed me but he also stopped fixing me at one stage to conrtinue to clear the enemies...it was a moment!

The vehicles r awesome, the vistas r crazyly awesome, anyone not getting this basing their decision on negative comments will b missing out on a great experience!''

Isn't that trolling..?

This is from the CM forums or some review comment?