Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

New ARMA2 OA Beta Patch 72291 Available!

Changelog:

[72203] Fixed: Sonic Cracks and Tracers not working in multiplayer.

All this time and just one readable change for us. sigh

EDIT: Apparently this got moved over from the other thread and thus makes no sense now. :cool:

Edited by MavericK96

Think u should re-read my post Maverick :)

Like Dwarden said..If they fix bugs posted in devheaven they will post them in the changelog... Ill let ya count how many were fixed.. lol

Like Dwarden said..If they fix bugs posted in devheaven they will post them in the changelog... Ill let ya count how many were fixed.. lol

When did he say that? I can remember a number of betas that fixed issues from dev-heaven without noting them in the changelog.

Sorry he might of said it on skype. Because me and Rommel check every beta that comes out with the same old bugs and then Dwarden said to us dont bother unless u see it in the changelog

e.g. [72101] Fixed: 3D editor - creating of logic center failed (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11876)

- command cursor with wide deadzone still isn't fixed.

- stars (and some other lightsources) look like small dots in NVG

Sorry he might of said it on skype. Because me and Rommel check every beta that comes out with the same old bugs and then Dwarden said to us dont bother unless u see it in the changelog

e.g. [72101] Fixed: 3D editor - creating of logic center failed (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11876)

Okay, good to know. :)

I was thinking about beta 71749, for example, where there were no new changes listed in the actual changelog, but TonyGrunt dug up several issues from dev-heaven that had been fixed. See here and compare with the 71749 changelog on the beta page here.

Hi,

maybe its just me, but since one of the latest beta patches tank driving seems to be much improved! Far from perfect still but MUCH better then before.

Can anyone verify this?

Cheers

Crusader

Well, I`ll give this 1 a go, if LOD is still borked, back to 72107 for me. ;p

Well, I`ll give this 1 a go, if LOD is still borked, back to 72107 for me. ;p

Report back please as the LOD issue is a showstopper for me too.

All this time and just one readable change for us. sigh

You know, detecting a bug and fixing it is quite a difference. Sometimes fixes aren't easy...

Great to see the tracers and supersonic cracks again. Will install the latest beta patch of course. :D

Well just gave the new beta a go and the tracers and cracks are indeed a great fix the cracks are brilliant and the tracers look fantastic at night

I haven't tested this beta patch yet, but this should be fixed now. Will give it a try tommorow.

Back to the 72107s again for me. LOD seems to be chugging in this 1 as well. But, they prolly have not worked on LOD optimizations.

Confirm on LOD trashing..

Might be a dumb question but what exactly is the LOD you are referring to?

Level of detail ; Load on Demand ; Large Organic Deposit :p ...???

Wondering..assuming it's Level of Detail..

Might be a dumb question but what exactly is the LOD you are referring to?

Level of detail ; Load on Demand ; Large Organic Deposit :p ...???

Wondering..assuming it's Level of Detail..

Yes, it's that. And it applies to textures too. (low quality textures when you are near an object makes us players cry) :butbut:

Interesting read btw:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Level_of_detail

im affraid to say ive died 4 times driving down a steep hill... why is this bug back again.

Perhaps you should drive down a steep slope at a realistic speed so you can avoid hitting things like in real life! ;)

In the real world “death†as a result of driving to fast down a steep hill and hitting something is a reality especially as things get heavier (ground shear) or speeds rise, it takes 16 times longer to stop at 10mph than it dose at 2.5mph on the same given level dry tarmac surface, if your adhesion factor is half that due to being on compacted earth and you are doing 10mph it effectively takes 32 times the stopping distance as it did for 2.5mph on level dry tarmac, if you add a 45deg downhill slope into the mix then your e.g. 10000kg vehicle effectively has an additional 50% of its weight trying to pull it down hill due to the affects of gravity, so the 16 times longer to stop & the 32 times the stopping distance above become 24 times and 48 times respectively (for each 1deg of slope gravity is in effect taking 1.11111111% of the mass and using it as a force trying to pull downhill).

So really in ArmA # people don’t get killed or injured often enough in vehicles on steep hills vs. the real world :rolleyes:

Trust me in real life I drive things off-road for a living traversing steep slopes and difficult terrain, and yes its fun! :)

Confirm on LOD trashing either.

I have the impression it was much better 2 patches b4.

Didnt chekced out the fixes yet, as the lod trash poped direclty into my eyes.

Still great work with the beta patches.

This kind of regular updates has become very uncommon in the game industry.

Big thumbs ups for BIS here!