Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

New ARMA2 OA Beta Patch 72291 Available!

@ruebe: Yeah I had that too. Putting on NVGs helped, but not an option during daylight :p So it is some color correction effect that stays on after switching, since you can't have color corrections while wearing NVGs. Did you try a different onKilled.sqs script?

Edited by CarlGustaffa

I've also got the bug where commanding an ai to go somewhere crashes the game. also if you look at a vehicle and tell it to get in it, i instead give him the order "watch that"

@ruebe: Yeah I had that too. Putting on NVGs helped, but not an option during daylight :p So it is some color correction effect that stays on after switching, since you can't have color corrections while wearing NVGs.

Ha, that didn't occur to me. Playing as US I sure had some nv goggles with me. :o

Did you try a different onKilled.sqs script?

Nope. Nothing fancy like that. And since I've met this bug only once up to here, I can't say anything about it. Maybe its one of these heavy-load/computer bugs out bugs, with a pinch of timing problems similar to race conditions or something... hardly reproducable, I guess.

I've also got the bug where commanding an ai to go somewhere crashes the game. also if you look at a vehicle and tell it to get in it, i instead give him the order "watch that"

Bump...I have that same issue (the ordering troops into vehicle part at least) for the last 2-3 beta releases.

First CTD with this 72291 build but it wasn't while playing like previous ones. This I had when closing down A2:OA after a ~120+ min MP session.

Just before we had tried to vote new admin/restart/etc. via the "Server Control" button in lobby (I have no idea if it's related or not, just mention it).

http://keycat.no-ip.com/files/A2OA_B72291_CrashDump01.zip

/KC

So far this beta has been incredibly stable for me, and performance seems decent as well. No crashes for quite some time now. :cool:

I haven't had any crashes yet either. I do feel that they need to lighten up on the recoil effect. It goes overboard right now.

did had run a 13 hour mission, with switching (can count how many times i) switched to desktop for break. and arma didnt even crash one time.

after 13 hours there went all terible stuttery, and crashed but thats quite long befor the first problems :D 13 hours !!!

so BIS did a great job in this patches. also arma oa filled up 2,1 GB memory and the server, running on the same maschine did have 650 MB.

so server and game went that long with domination, and the server is still running.

really great, thanks BIS its wonderful to play that game when is arma3 out ??? :D:D:D

I get lot's of these lately:

String STR_rscmenu.hpprscgrouprootmenu_items_repair_vehiclel0 not found
String STR_fire_at_position not found

did had run a 13 hour mission, with switching

.... also arma oa filled up 2,1 GB memory and the server, running on the same maschine did have 650 MB.

so server and game went that long with domination, and the server is still running.

I want to the above too!!!!

Just wondering à have a dual cpu machine (2quad Opties 8384) and tried to run dedi server with affinity set to cpu 1 and client affinity set to cpu 2.

The dedi server always 'halts' while "reading mission" (Mem use for server tops at 130 MB - client at app 400 to 600 MB at this point) and the client shows a 'waiting for host' message when setting up a mission connecting to localhost.

Both Beta and normal combined OA shows this, should I change the server port from default 2302?

In the lan lobby I can see two 'servers' with my servername one ping 0 another pin 1 to 4 ms... this doesn't happen when I do a 'remote' to local host...

EDIT: It works now... server config was the culprit somehow...tried running dedi + client without server config

Edited by DBGB

Just got a weird bug with this beta: when throwing an IR strobe in SP-laser show, the strobe acts like a massive flare (blinding daylight) even without NVG. I can reproduce this I my machine, wondering if anyone else has gotten this?

Just got a weird bug with this beta: when throwing an IR strobe in SP-laser show, the strobe acts like a massive flare (blinding daylight) even without NVG. I can reproduce this I my machine, wondering if anyone else has gotten this?

Confirmed.

Unable to connect to a server when using this beta. When usually the loading screen fades away, it stops at the black loading screen and the harddrive keeps going like mad. (<-- Never had any problems with betas from the very first one of arma 2)

Units still walk through walls, vehicles

Units still get stuck in one place for no apparent reason

Units still get stuck holding a pistol (even if they still have lots of ammo for the rifle) and lying on the floor

this patch seems to either have a memory leak or uses more memory. :confused: was gaming fine before this patch, but after this patch, i would crash out with memory issues.

Problems with beta ARMA2_OA_Build_72291 for many users The new included beta arma2OA.exe seems bugged.

The posted target line suggestions and the beta arma2OA.exe wont work properly.:(

With -nosplash in target line it seems to work but when you do a quick check with the strobe it burns brighter than the sun & can be seen without NV & in daylight which is obviously bugged and other changes don't work either.

without -nosplash in target line you then get various missing file errors before and during game, (weird or what!)

The only thing that seems to work is: to use the original default arma2oa.exe in main folder & have (see below) in your start icon target line, it shows old build version number but beta changes seems to work ok. (Obviously edit "@then-any-other-mods" to match your own.)

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -mod=Expansion\beta\Expansion\beta\Expansion;@then-any-other-mods

Edited by jgaz-uk

Confirmed that IR strobe shines like flare.

Edit: Also the UAV training is broken now. When I come close to one of the UAVs message says that I need to press Space to launch training exercise - but when I press it the cursor appears together with the soldier menu as in usual cases and nothing happens.

Edited by metalcraze

With this beta patch, ARMA2's sixth campaign mission ("One Week Later") ends prematurely during the final dialog sequence and does not present the option to continue on to the seventh mission.

The infinite land doesnt work with AI and waypoints.

Placed on Takistan 2 Apaches on the plain infinite land with two waypoints - they stopped flying at the border and didnt made it into the real Takistan. Is there an invisible wall around OA maps that prevent AI to move on? :confused:

Orders "Disengage" and "Follow my stance" dont work for AI.

Suggestion:

"Disengage" = AI should immediately ignore/drop all current targets and follow next order(s) with highest priority.

"Follow my stance" = simple follow players stance

the strobe acts like a massive flare (blinding daylight) even without NVG.

Confirmed..

Created ticket...plz go there and vote if you have this issue. Repro steps added. If you don't have this issue, plz post there and give gfx card & driver info.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12630

Confirmed and voted. But isn't there something really wacky going on with #lightpoint object in general? Try lighting up the C130_Static in the tutorial mission for a night jump. For best (or, worst rather) results, try putting the C130_Static really high (edit the mission to suit), and then try to illuminate the interior with a low yield lightsource.

Am I just unlucky with my tests or can anyone confirm some general wackiness with the #lightpoint object?

The infinite land doesnt work with AI and waypoints.

Placed on Takistan 2 Apaches on the plain infinite land with two waypoints - they stopped flying at the border and didnt made it into the real Takistan. Is there an invisible wall around OA maps that prevent AI to move on? :confused:

Orders "Disengage" and "Follow my stance" dont work for AI.

Suggestion:

"Disengage" = AI should immediately ignore/drop all current targets and follow next order(s) with highest priority.

"Follow my stance" = simple follow players stance

I experienced this exact same issue over the weekend.

Fixed wing aircraft move only to final waypoint (ignoring all other waypoints in a series), helicopters don't move at all.

Edited by dmitri