killswitch

CBA: Community Base Addons for A2, OA and CO

Thanks, did you just release an update to SU?

I (auto-)updated SU from 2.09.7016 to 2.09.7018, synced with SU portal and it's working now!

Thanks a lot!

DO

Yep :) NP :) Glad it turned out well!
Anyone any ideas why this is happening

regards

Hi getting this error in the arma2oaserver.RPT

Version 1.62.95251

Warning Message: Addon 'cba_xeh_oa' requires addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E'

The mod string we are using is

ip=xx.xx.xx.xx -config=server.cfg -world=empty -BEpath=C:\UserFiles\xxxxxxx\GameServers\TC34331206 232827875576435\BattlEye -profiles=C:\UserFiles\xxxxxxx\GameServers\TC343312 06232827875576435\ -name=Alpha -maxmem=2048 -mod=@CBA_CO;@JayArma2Lib;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@ACEX _SM;@acex_usnavy;@ACRE -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -port=2302 -maxplayers=10

Any help would be appreciated

regards

Hi,

@CBA_CO requires an OA beta higher than build 100697.

Yep :) NP :) Glad it turned out well!

Hi,

@CBA_CO requires an OA beta higher than build 100697.

Beta 101480 has been uploaded do I need to put this in the mod string

regards

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

All sorted, if anyone else is having the same problem this is a copy of my mod string

-ip=xx.xx.xx.xx -config=server.cfg -world=empty -BEpath=C:\UserFiles\xxxxxx\GameServers\TC34331206232827875576435\BattlEye -profiles=C:\UserFiles\xxxxxx\GameServers\TC34331206232827875576435\ -name=Alpha -maxmem=2048 -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;@CBA_CO;@JayArma2Lib;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@ACEX_SM;@acex_usnavy;@ACRE -config=server.cfg -cfg=basic.cfg -port=2302 -maxplayers=10

Hope this helps someone

Hi, I installed the latest CBA last night which is CBA_CO via Six Updater and I got no problems at all. After installing, the old CBAs were now incompatible and the new CBA_CO is now good to use and is up to date. I played the game with new CBA and got no problems. But this morning, when I checked Six Updater again. The old CBAs are now back in compatibility while the CBA_CO went incompatible. This happened after the auto-update by the way, when I opened SU this morning. So, I closed SU and opened it again, this time I got an error on updates and the incompatibility problem is still there. I even tried to delete the @CBA, @CBA_A2 and @CBA_OA folders in my ArmA 2 folder because I thought the old CBAs are causing it but to no avail, the problem is still there.

Also, I'm using the latest beta patch on my ArmA 2: CO. When I run the game using CBA_CO, it's completely fine. It's just that the problem is within SU. So yeah, any help or suggestion on what to do? Or would you recommend that I should reDL and reinstall SU again?

Edited by RJN

Hi,

It sounds like the expansion/beta is not enabled (or not detected) inside the preset in SU, that would be an excellent candidate for the old CBA's to activate instead.

You can hover over the mods to see the status and reason for incompatibility etc. Also verify the build number left down behind the detected game edition name.

For CBA_CO the active game build has to be higher than 100697.

Edited by Sickboy

Hi Sick! Hmm, I see. Well, I opened SU just now and I see expansion/beta as "not an updater mod". So I guess I should convert this right and add to preset? Build number? You mean like this? A2 Op. Arrowhead A2 Op. Arrowhead (Combined Ops) 1.62.0.95248? I installed the latest beta patch though. It was Beta Patch 101480.

LOL. I'm really sorry for the trouble my friend coz I'm really noob at this. ;)

Edited by RJN

You can either tick the Beta check box up top on the Home tab, or add the expansion/beta mod to the Preset manually.

The rest should be handled automatically.

Do you need the old CBA (@CBA, @CBA_A2, @CBA_OA) to work? I keep getting the same error message that was described previously.

hello, I had an issue , rather small but I know it is from the updated @CBA_CO..

It may seem minuscule but its a deal braker.. when I launch with @CBA_CO my ACE scripted grenade scripts don't work.. the grenade is thrown at full force every time.! When I launch with original 3 CBA's It works as it should.

I started reading threw, to see if anyone posted about this already, but its just too much so I am just posting it anyways! Sorry, if it a Known issue.

Thanks for your Addons Community!!

You can either tick the Beta check box up top on the Home tab, or add the expansion/beta mod to the Preset manually.

The rest should be handled automatically.

Yeah, I did that and It's ok now. LOL. Thank you so much Sickboy! More power to you! :D

Hi,

After I opened my SU, the CBA_CO immediately appeared in my preset and CBA_A2 and CBA_AO disappeared while CBA become black/incompatible.

I installed the CBA_CO and it turned green. But when I launch the game and joined a server this popped up.

I can't remove CBA_CO from preset because it is dependency to another mod, maybe @ACE but I am not sure.

What should I do?

http://i49.tinypic.com/2r5x7dd.jpg (294 kB)

The new CBA_CO is required for beta builds above 100697.

If you need to use the older CBA's you can:

• Either choose not to run any beta, or a beta of build 100697 or older.
  • Alternatively you can launch with a shortcut or different launcher.

However, ideally, the server starts accepting the CBA_CO bikeys if they want you to join with beta builds newer than 100697.

Which is also the most future proof.

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks for replying. problens solved as server updated the CBA as well.

However, ideally, the server starts accepting the CBA_CO bikeys if they want you to join with beta builds newer than 100697.

Edited by ziant

Can we use last cba with arma2 co stable version without the beta?

Hi im getting a

Addon 'cba_xeh_oa' requires addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E'
error

when i start CO and ACE with your new CBA_CO??

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

also have a problem with my character suddenly shifts to weapon from another faction when i play with the new CBA and ACE...

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

stupid me, hat forgot to set my arma to start with the beta, now it works ;-)

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

the thing with the weapon suddenly shifts to another weapon from another faction is still there, but maybe its a ACE thing i don't know

ok, but,

The problem I have noticed only happens when I run @CBA_CO. So I posted here.

When I run @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA the error doesnt occur. And everything works fine... Seeing how @CBA_CO is the only thing that is changing, I dont understand how it could be an ACE problem, however, I do not know the intricacies of coding so... Ill will go ahead and post there as well.

Thank you for all your hard work!!!

Hello, I am trying to install the newest CBA version onto my server because all of my players use SU, and SU requires us to use the newest CBA. When my server tries to start this happens: Warning Message: Addon 'cba_xeh_oa' requires addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E', so, what i need to know is how to correct this problem, as I am paying monthly for said server, thank you for any help.

Hello, I am trying to install the newest CBA version onto my server because all of my players use SU, and SU requires us to use the newest CBA. When my server tries to start this happens: Warning Message: Addon 'cba_xeh_oa' requires addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E', so, what i need to know is how to correct this problem, as I am paying monthly for said server, thank you for any help.

Hi,

The server only needs to run CBA_CO if the server runs a beta newer than 100697.

See quote from earlier:

You can play with clients with different editions of CBA, just need to allow the bikeys on the server.

Also make sure everyones updated to the latest SU version.

Hi,

The server only needs to run CBA_CO if the server runs a beta newer than 100697.

See quote from earlier:

You can play with clients with different editions of CBA, just need to allow the bikeys on the server.

Also make sure everyones updated to the latest SU version.

How would i go about the highlighted part of that, I am new to server hosting but i am learning bit by bit. I, of course had to jump into hosting one of the most finicky and problematic of server types, but it is totally worth it.

You put the .bikey files in \keys in your server.

You put the .bikey files in \keys in your server.

Well that is strange, because they are in there. Kind of weird because i never had a problem until this update.

OA\keys or OA\expansion\keys?

I'm getting an error every time I start a mission on my dedicated server, but if you launch the mission a second time it works fine ?!

This error has only started occurring since updating to CBA_CO.

I couldn't get the whole error (because it is looooooooooooong), but I got this much:

ca\communityconfigproject_e\ai_madegunner..............

And it keeps going from there.

I've looked in the .rpt for both the server and the client - and there's nothing there.

Any thoughts?

hello, I had an issue , rather small but I know it is from the updated @CBA_CO..

It may seem minuscule but its a deal braker.. when I launch with @CBA_CO my ACE scripted grenade scripts don't work.. the grenade is thrown at full force every time.! When I launch with original 3 CBA's It works as it should.

I started reading threw, to see if anyone posted about this already, but its just too much so I am just posting it anyways! Sorry, if it a Known issue.

Thanks for your Addons Community!!

I have the same problem, if you find out the solution, please post in this thread.