Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Soldier Template

Hey guys,

Well after going through these forums a lot I've been seeing many people posting asking questions about what lod's to change to get my Infantry working in A2, what they have to change in the config etc. etc. Well I had some free time this evening so I whipped this up. It's the basic soldier.p3d from the BI sample release for ArmA1, converted into ArmA2 specifications. I've changed the rvmat to the new "super-shader" rvmat, as well as added the _smdi map. The model.cfg and config.cpp are included and working in ArmA2. There is also a pbo included where you can test and see the unit in game. The model is unbinarized so anyone can edit it as they please. This should save you a lot of time because you won't have to change the Geometry, Memory, Fire Geometry, and hit point lods. And you won't have to change the NVG proxies, or the hands. Everything's ready for you to use in ArmA2! I hope this helps.

- Thanks to Norsu for posting his guide on how to get your infantry working in A2!

Download

Edited by Binkowski

Good work Bink!

I haven't looked at it yet but does it also include A2 style lods? They are basically the same as in A1 but the last lod (5.000 instead of 6.000 like in A1) should have only one texture and use default.rvmat found in ca.pbo. That single texture is a specific lod texture made for one or more types of infantry models. For example most USMC troops use the same texture in final lod.

is there a mod that puts the arma 1 faces into arma2 as i really prefer them? sometimes it was just creepy how lifelike they looked with some models . i understand that it was changed for performance etc in arma2 but if i used them with less demanding mod maps. i dont play multiplayer so no problems on that front either. on topic ,,nice unit binkowski.

Thx Binkowski, it s really a good thing to share your work to the arma communauty

Thank you, this will speed up my addon making no end :)

Wow !! Just saw this. This is very kind of you. Excellent. I think I speak for all of us when I say Thank You for all or your contributions to this wonderful game.

why i cant see the face in o2??:confused:

The head / face model is a proxy. Saves time, easier, etc. The proxy name is "Bysta", you can put the bysta model in their from the sample models. But the proxy is much easier.

why i cant see the face in o2??:confused:

What Binkowski said... but if you want the face to show up even with proxy config, you just need to un-pbo the characters.pbo and put it into the respectives folder, so it shows e.g. like P:\ca\characters .

This will make the proxy head show up in bulldozer. If you want to try other heads, just click the proxy ("proxy...bysta.001") in the the selection box and pick a different one.

Mr Bink

Thanks to you I am now underway with my first soldier addon.

I am using your template but have a visual problem in bulldozer in that I see stretching of the fingers on either one hand or the other in all res LODs.

The fingers stretch to the figure's waist.

Disabling the model config cures the problem. Any suggestions welcome.

thanks bink! is there a PSD with the stuff so i don't have to lasso my way around the armor? :p

Mr Bink

Thanks to you I am now underway with my first soldier addon.

I am using your template but have a visual problem in bulldozer in that I see stretching of the fingers on either one hand or the other in all res LODs.

The fingers stretch to the figure's waist.

Disabling the model config cures the problem. Any suggestions welcome.

ive had that problem in buldozer. and getting rid of the model.cfg (for buldozer) will fix it, but you must have a model.cfg for arma2 game use or the units won't run. you'll just get ctd's.