Sign in to follow this  
usmc123

First Aid Module

How do these modules work? Do you simply place them on the editor? I have tried that but there does not seem to be any effect. I have been trying the "Simulation" module because I assume that is the module used in the Campaign.

Create the three first aid GL's, and then sync them to the group leaders of any groups you want to have the effects. Simple!

As far as I can tell, simulation is the 'base', needed for the others, the battlefield clearance one handles drag/carry commands, and I'm not sure what action does.

first aid simulation: team can get wounded and use the animation when they get hit

first aid action: team gets the option to use first aid on somneone who got the simulation linked

I find the first aid system works fine without the action module and just the simulation and evac modules.

So, how do you make some unit enter a wounded state? Setdammage 0.9 does'nt seem to cut it..

Can you make those GLs work with the Ambient Combat Manager?

Alright, thanks guys. I am an idiot at this sort of thing.

After synching the three First Aid modules to the squad leader, I can Drag/ Carry injured mates, so that works fine.

However, how do I go about healing them? How do I command a nearby ambulance (Air or Ground) to heal them? Can they do this or do they just pick them up? I cannot recall how it worked in Arma 1

After synching the three First Aid modules to the squad leader, I can Drag/ Carry injured mates, so that works fine.

However, how do I go about healing them? How do I command a nearby ambulance (Air or Ground) to heal them? Can they do this or do they just pick them up? I cannot recall how it worked in Arma 1

The german for first aid is "erste hilfe", should come up while you're looking at them and close by

How can you use the modules with newly created groups of soldiers? I tried synchronizing them via script, but it does'nt have any effect. Creating new soldiers in my own group doesn't give them the ability to squirm around either...

Hi,

I placed all three First Aid Modules and sync them with the group leader.

But the First aid only works if i am a medic, if i play Coops the "first aid animation" is shown but the wounded soldier is still wounded...

Is there any special trick to use first aid with every unit i want ??

Don't use the "Action" module. Just use the other two.

Don't know how correct that is but it works for me.

Hopefully we get some documentation on it sometime.

Dont works for me...

I just cant get soldiers to heal others...only medics do so.

Test this

Create a group of 3.

Put the player as groupleader (highest rank in the group)

Place a First Aid - simulation and synchronize (not group) it to the player (groupleader)

Now preview the mission and shoot one of you teammates (setdamage doesn't work), a M16 round to the chest will do the trick, now press the number of the teammate still alive, and aim at the downed soldier and you should have the fast command to "heal".

They won't be healed, but they will be able to fight again. You still need a medic to actually heal them.

To emphasise the above point:

FIRST AID merely allows non medics to treat bleeding and allow battlefield clearance (dragging and carrying).

Soldiers wounded by gunfire (as opposed to falling damage or impact damage from crashing light vehicles) will be bleeding, and if not given first aid or healed by a medic will bleed to death.

Only medics, MASH tents and ambulances can heal. This returns a soldier to full health.

Wounded soldiers will show the wounded animation if the modules are being used and are unable to fight until treated.

An interesting (perhaps bug) is that if a wounded soldier is dragged and then released, he returns to prone position and is able to move and shoot, although continues to bleed.

When I got hit, fell down, then died after a minute or so, and then I respawned I'm invincible - is there any way to fix this bug or do I have to wait for the next patch?

An interesting (perhaps bug) is that if a wounded soldier is dragged and then released, he returns to prone position and is able to move and shoot, although continues to bleed.

When I am heavily wounded, I sometimes can move proned and shoot(only 3rd person view without haircross and it won't let me switch to 1st person view).

But then, I think, I'm bleeding more and die faster than lying without moving. Not sure. And also not sure if it is a bug or a feature:confused:

When I got hit, fell down, then died after a minute or so, and then I respawned I'm invincible - is there any way to fix this bug or do I have to wait for the next patch?

Bug. Wait for a patch;)

If you want the enemy AIs to be able to use the first aid features should you create new modules for the enemies or use the exisiting ones that USMC forces are using?

I am getting a bizarre bug with the first aid module:

If a man is injured and the units begin healing him, they will call "ready" just before they start the healing animation, and then get stuck in the healing animation forever, and their patient remains incapped.

HOWEVER. If i press escape, go to vid mem settings, and press done (occasionally I have to make it go 'receiving' but not always) then all characters that were trapped in the healing animation immediately heal their man and get unstuck. Wtf? I have to do this every time a unit gets stuck in the healing animation, which is around 90% of the time.

I have 2 first aid modules (sim and clearance) linked to all groups, I had several triplets before (sim, clearance, and action) linked to each 'cluster' of units, but it also had this bizarre bug.

I don't understand why going to vid mem (edit: I meant Video Options) settings would fix it, other than that the game reloads and refreshes everything, including the first aid mod (maybe there is a way to make the first aid mod automatically refresh every x seconds to keep this from happening?)

Edit: Entering the map and exiting (m), fixes any infinite heals as well.

Edited by Bleh131

I ran into a weird bug, or maybe just me doing this wrong...

I placed the three first aid modules down and synced them to the leaders of each squad. Respawn is also enabled in the description file. After any player is killed and respawns, he becomes invincible and cannot be killed by anything. What gives?

I ran into a weird bug, or maybe just me doing this wrong...

I placed the three first aid modules down and synced them to the leaders of each squad. Respawn is also enabled in the description file. After any player is killed and respawns, he becomes invincible and cannot be killed by anything. What gives?

I know that; got the same problem. BIS, please patch. :rolleyes:

It would be nice to have modules with switches rather than separate modules for the same theme. I had to delete the First Aid Module because of the invincible bug, before that I had to delete the Drag Module because of another bug. Which I think both are related to respawn missions.

It's interesting there are all these "bugs" that may very well be caused simply because we have no idea how those modules are supposed to work. Can't wait for some usable documentation...

It's interesting there are all these "bugs" that may very well be caused simply because we have no idea how those modules are supposed to work. Can't wait for some usable documentation...

I looked at the code. It's not very robust. First Aid module could use a complete recode IMO. There is some documentation in the code, but not very helpful (and often confusing).

So yea, how can i use the init box to activate the firstaid module on a specific unit?

I'm respawning a unit which needs to have its firstaid module reactivated, how can i do this with an init command? The bohemia wiki says nothing about the firstaidmodules.