Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

AI Landing and taking off from anywhere

Planes now may use any road, runway, track or field (flat enough) to land or take off. Vertical landings and takeoffs also implemented. You may also create taxi sequences before taking offs or after landings.

Scripted landings and takeoffs

mando_land.sqf v1.3

mando_takeoff2.sqf v2.5

mando_eject.sqf and mando_ejectunit.sqf v1.1

- Accurate vertical and traditional landings and taking offs.

- Landing and take off scripts fine tuned to be accurate enough even with a x4 time acceleration.

- Usage of internal variables to the planes while they are taking off or landing, so current takeoff or landing phase may be easily checked to synchronize multiple takeoffs and/or landings of several planes.

- Landing planes capable of ground avoidance for final aproach phase, this prevents planes crashing with mountains when they need to land just at the other side of the mountain. For vertical landings, planes needs at least 800m of clear space between its aproaching heading and the landing point, 1500m for traditional landings.

- If the player is the plane's driver, ILS marks are projected in the HUD to help him aligning with the two first landing positions before switching on the automatic landing procedure.

ILS Marks:

* Center green: Good speed.

* Center red: Slow down.

* Up yellow: Raise nose.

* Down yellow: Lower nose.

* Right yellow: Yaw to the right.

* Left yellow: Yaw to the left.

* External marks in red: Dont move nose to that direction.

- Taxiing, traditional take offs and landing demo mission: runway.

runaway.jpg

- Vertical landings and take offs demo mission: verticality.

harrier.jpg

harrier2.jpg

- Demo/tutorial ILS mission: mando_ils.Sara

runaway2.jpg

- An small but pretty rocket ejection seat script also included.

- Units ejecting over water get a zodiac where the crew will join.

eject.jpg

- Step by step tutorial for automatic take offs.

oooh, those rocket effects look awesome!

Great job with this script all round...

Downloading...

notworthy.gif

Mandoble your script demo's are like watching a hollywood blockbuster...

...incredible

wow_o.gif

LOL, What I need is some kind of a tut for your landings biggrin_o.gif

Would it be possible to edit your little take-off tut for me? Im really quite script challenged (I can do a little, but atm im stumped)

I also posted this in your first thread

O, and I added in the markers I found in the example in your mando_land.sqs, and copy pasted the code into the init of my BE-32K and I get the error "type script, expected nothing" or something, then when I say: "this [yourexample]" it says "error, ; missing"

So im stuck sad_o.gif and Im trying to make my castaway mission...

I have just tried those scripts in the demo missions and the idea is very interesting. Also in combat simulation the air traffic control is important. Very nice work here wink_o.gif

Cheers

Chip, may you copy here the line you are using to execute the landing script? And from where are you executing it.

Chip, may you copy here the line you are using to execute the landing script? And from where are you executing it.

Im simply So stupid, that I dont know how to set it up properly... like Do i need to place markers? What should I put in the Init? Is this the init of the plane or soldier?

The other tut for take-offs was gr8, I just wish we had one like that for landings..

First of all, thanks for your great scripts! They are really amazing! notworthy.gif

But I've got a problem having a Blackhawk landing at a certain position.

There's a trigger which is activated by the Blackhawk: res = [blackhawk, true, [getMarkerPos "mk_land"], 10, 30, 0, true]execVM"scripts\mando_land.sqf";

Of course I've placed a landing zone marker and called it mk_land. The text messages appear, but the Blackhawk lands miles away from the target sad_o.gif I've placed an invisible H as well, but when the Blackhawk tries to land, it looks like the standard chopper landing animation -> it doesn't land vertically.

What am I doing wrong?

Didnt test that with choppers, anyway you are giving a quite low aproach speed (10 kmh) having a taxii speed of 30 km/h.

Try:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

res = [Blackhawk, true, [getMarkerPos "mk_land"], 140, 20, 0, true]execVM"scripts\mando_land.sqf";

And make sure u use mando_land.sqf v1.3

So Mandoble with the New Airport Template are you saying this is now compatible with A2 and if so shouldn't this be moved to A2 Forum?

Man this is big if it is, cause we can use it on Aircraft Carriers like we use to in A1.

All the mando land, etc scripts from A1 work well with A2 (main reason why a porting was never needed).

Well Ok Mandoble and I have learned never to doubt you, but I guess I need some help then. While I have always gotten TakeOff to work I cannot get Land to work correctly like it did in Arma1.

When AI lands at Airport or any other location it will taxi to next way point and begin to taxi sideways wandering off course then correct (still going sideways) and when it gets to first taxi position AI just goes in circles like it can not achieve marker location. I have never gotten it to work correctly.

I have tried multiple plane types, multiple islands, default islands, custom islands seem to be worse. Even tried the new Airport Script and its does same thing.

What can I look for to fix?

Also I see you removed the the following which was used for offset of height for Aircraft Carrier now very difficult to work around:

_over_extra = _this select 7;

_extra = (getPosASL _log select 2) + _over_extra;

Can I just add it back?

Might be your markers are too close so that the plane cannot turn in time to catch the next one? Note that I did try that long time ago with first A2 versions, might be now they behave differently.

Do you still have your A2 version you tired, maybe I could use it to determine what I am doing wrong?

Thanks