Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Ask Bohemia (about Operation Arrowhead... or anything else you want to ask)!

Launched today is a Community FAQ over on the Community Wiki, it's a chance for anyone to ask us any questions they like about the company and our projects.

Initially there's an Operation Arrowhead FAQ which we'd already prepared, just like on Blue Peter! Please feel free to leave all questions you have in the Discussion Page we will then lock down the wiki entry on May 15th to prepare the answers which all being well will be posted May 30th. It goes without saying we cannot promise to answer all questions posted as it depends on how many are asked and on what topics, etc. etc. :)

---------- Post added at 16:57 ---------- Previous post was at 16:38 ----------

Should be obvious, but I'll say it anyway, just because there's a pre-prepared OA FAQ it doesn't mean you can't ask further questions about OA ;)

Does the name "Operation Arrowhead" have any specific significance?

• We wanted to find a good name for a military offensive aimed at defeating a totalitarian regime and we feel this is a codename for the operation that the US Army may easily use in the real world. It symbolizes the nature of the military operation we invented as a background: Alliance forces respond to Takistan's aggression with the aim of striking deep in the enemy's territory in order to neutralize the hostile army. "Arrowhead" also sounds nice and it hasn't been used in the name of a similar product.

Its also nice to see "Operation" back in the name ;)

When does BIS complete the Real Time Editor in ArmA2 and OA?

Can people without OA play missions created by people with a mixed ArmA2 and OA installation that includes content of OA in ArmA2?

Does the community have to expect a EA / BF2 addon system in the future from BIS?

When does BIS complete the Real Time Editor in ArmA2 and OA?

Can people without OA play missions created by people with a mixed ArmA2 and OA installation that includes content of OA in ArmA2?

Does the community have to expect a EA / BF2 addon system in the future from BIS?

It's obviously not here where you have to ask your questions, but on the wiki.

Edited by ProfTournesol

I like the theme but to my ear "Armaversum" is of extremely dubious provinence or has lost something in translation. Suggest Armaverse is the word sought for.

Maybe its from the swedish universum?

You know in Bohemia Interactive everybody speak latin :wink: .

Quid est demonstrandum :bounce3:

I'd like to know what new animals if any are there in OA.When will Bis also release Mlods for AA11 so that addonmakers can fully understand the new processes better.Thanks for all the superb work. :icon_wink:

Multiple monitor support!! YES!

Thanks for the link!

Thanks for the link!

big news...:yay:

Thanks for the link!

big news...:yay:

How is this big news? The RV engine has supported multi monitors for years - dual/triple head to go / multi-monitor spanning has been available as long as I can remember :j:

Weapons and Vehicles

* 130 weapon variants (including various weapons from ARMA 2 and their variants with thermal and night vision scopes)

* 15 brand new weapons introduced to OA

* 100+ vehicle variants in total (including improved and remodeled vehicles from BI's previous titles in various new texture variants)

* 35 brand new vehicle

* 64 character models

* Animals

There is animals, no mention of what animals though.

How is this big news? The RV engine has supported multi monitors for years - dual/triple head to go / multi-monitor spanning has been available as long as I can remember :j:

ops...:yay:

Yes it has. But its never allowed you to have one display as a map/gear/etc while simultaneously having the other display as your normal screen....if you know what I mean.

There is animals, no mention of what animals though.

ALL animals :cool:

Ugh my question keeps getting pushed lower and lower as people post theirs on the top :mad:, first Mik0z, then a nameless dude asking about the continuation of the story; hope that doesn't affect the priority of the answered questions :rolleyes:.

Also people need to learn to at-least put their gamertag at the end of the question as a sign of mutual 'respect', so people can answer the questions of people who haven't researched arma2 enough, and post questions which people already know the answer to...

No it doesn't matter what order they're in, we'll go through and pick out the easiest ones to answer ;)

Also people need to learn to at-least put their gamertag at the end of the question as a sign of mutual 'respect'

Speaking of which, you can use ~~~~ to easily sign your questions ;)

strange it says arma 2 is on next-gen consoles

does that mean its being ported?

strange it says arma 2 is on next-gen consoles

does that mean its being ported?

Probably when BIS can find a willing publisher.

They have dev kit 360's I dont know about playstation 3, but as a business BIS needs to expand its market more.

Elite came out for Xbox, so i would assume A2 will only be a 360 game thats IF they find a publisher to fund the project.

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

Thanks for the FAQ.

wheres the I hope BIS makes another expansion thread? :)

Probably when BIS can find a willing publisher.

They have dev kit 360's I dont know about playstation 3, but as a business BIS needs to expand its market more.

Elite came out for Xbox, so i would assume A2 will only be a 360 game thats IF they find a publisher to fund the project.

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

Thanks for the FAQ.

wheres the I hope BIS makes another expansion thread? :)

well that would suck if it was ported to the 360 only

i have a ps3 i think ps3 would be better cuz it uses blu ray discs wich holds alot of space and also ps3 has a better processor

Iam intrested in how compatible the ArmA2 content is to Operation Arrowhead.

Is it possible to easy put the ArmA2 Addons over OA?

I mean it would be very cool if you can go on Tscherno with all factions with the new Addon and its new features and inprovments.

Another good advantage would be that i dont have to keep two installations on my pc and everythink is in one package.

Thanks 4 info

Probably i understand it wrong. True, ArmA/2 suppoerted triplehead2go by matrox by default but technically this isn't multimonitor on the games end since it still thinks it is a single monitor with respective size.

Multi Monitor as i understand it means to use 2 independent screens, maybe even small displays like the G15/K19 Keyboard displays or similar.

But i could just understand it wrong. We will see.