Sign in to follow this  
zedderzulu

ZedderZulu's random release thread - first up: KAMAZ reskins

Hey all,

Welcome to my release thread - gonna work on some relatively small addons, largely to do with random themes, and largely starting off with simple re-skins - hopefully some day soon I'll be progressing into more ambitious things - modelling, islands, whatnot... but we'll see.

Anyway, first up:

KAMAZ-promo.jpg

What is it?

A collection of reskins based on the stock BIS KamAZ models, intended for civilian use. As a bonus, a pack of KamAZ trucks for the CDF is included, along with a few skins for civilian UAZs.

How do I use it?

The pack is split into four pbos - one for the main pack of civilian models, one for the CDF version, one for the extra UAZ skins and one specifically for a Schnell-livery fuel truck, separated because it is the only one that requires Operation Arrowhead to be installed.

Or at least, it is as long as I've coded the config properly...

All units follow conventional grouping, the majority being found under CIVILIAN > CHERNARUS > CARS or SUPPORT - the Schnell truck is found under CIVILIAN > TAKISTANI > SUPPORT and the CDF trucks are, naturally, found under BLUFOR > CDF > etc.

The trucks are known by the name KAMAZ however, not "Utility truck". Naturally this will look more suitable for ACE users, but otherwise shouldn't interfere too much - hopefully.

The re-skins are applied using the hiddenSelection feature, meaning that they can be easily swapped around by mission editors - the readme file included should (hopefully) explain it better.

This version is Beta - a few issues - most of which are beyond my control, i.e. not being able to change the specular map or the chassis texture - remain, but ultimately I've only tested them on my computer and so do not know how they will perform on others'.

Also they are not yet signed.

Thoughts, suggestions, critiques very welcome; anyway, I hope you enjoy them! :)

Download link

(Mirrors welcome!)

/edit - unfortunately I've noticed a glaring error in the readme file - nothing too serious but still:

Basically, when it comes to using the textures, the example code I wrote is incomplete:

setobjecttexture [0, "extra_kamaz/data/kamaz_kab__co.paa"]; setobjecttexture [1, "extra_kamaz/data/kamaz___co.paa"];

I meant to amend this to the following:

setobjecttexture [0, "extra_kamaz/data/kamaz_kab_<name>_co.paa"]; setobjecttexture [1, "extra_kamaz/data/kamaz_<component>_<name>_co.paa"];

Though as long as you put in extra_kamaz/data/ followed by one of the textures listed below then it should work!

Edited by ZedderZulu
added links, error in readme

Downloaded it right away and all I can say is, "WOW"! You did a marvelous job on the release, mate. The screenshots were lovely, but seeing them up close in-game was even nicer. :D Congrats on a job well done!

Just had a play with them,they look awesome and my truck company is more diverse now.:D

I must say though that UAZs are even more welcomed for the Chernarus theme.

Btw,if you take suggestions can you also retexture some OA Humvees in black??

Nice job. Too bad I did the same reskinning thing for my Lingor Units addon just days ago :)

the vehicle called "КÐÐœÐЗ" dont "ЗÐÐœÐК"

These look fantastic. Reminds me a bit of T.S.C.Plage's pack of Mi-8 reskins. Would love to see you do more of this.

Many, many thanks for all the compliments (and mirrors)! Much appreciated :)

Unfortunately I noticed a bit of a glaring error in my readme - I'll edit the original post. :\

Love the screenshots, Nicholas! :D

Krycek, I'll look into black hummers - RicoADF very kindly offered me some textures he had done so we'll see :)

Student - I cover this in the readme. Unfortunately the original game models have ЗÐÐœÐК on them too - presumably BIS didn't have permission to use the КамÐЗ brand - so I kept these trucks as ЗÐÐœÐК partly to keep in the setting but also because the letters stick out in the game and it wouldn't have looked very nice if I changed them around. :\

Congratulations to these great Trucks!

To be honest I miss Kamaz trucks for the Russian armed forces in Arma 2. The Ural is a good but too old truck.

Congratulations to these great Trucks!

To be honest I miss Kamaz trucks for the Russian armed forces in Arma 2. The Ural is a good but too old truck.

Huh??Except the Grad that is based on the Ural chassis,the ruskies actually use Kamaz in A2.

Huh??Except the Grad that is based on the Ural chassis,the ruskies actually use Kamaz in A2.

Oops! Forget everything I wrote after saying hello!